Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 visuals are stunning! What do you really love?

BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
Now that my settings are all the way turned up...Wow!!! I didn't know water could be so pretty! It looks like real water. And the shadowing and richness of the color. It's so beautiful. Does anyone else find them selves really just admiring the beauty of the visuals?

Oh and now the flowers are gorgeous. I zoom in and see so much detail on plants. I feel like I'm playing this game for the first time, because before my game looked okayish and now its amazing :) I especially love now , that my sims look like they do when I created them in cas <3

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2017
    I remember that feeling when I got my new desktop! I love the sunrays, water in Magnolia Promenade, Windenburg beaches, just to mention a few.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I love the visuals very much in this game! I love the lighting too and that was one of the best patches ever when they enhanced that. It really and truly is a beautiful game <3
  • Options
    applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    Agreed, the lighting is WOW.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Yes, the visuals are amazing, especially after the update:

tumblr_om0niyRqBz1vzg6zeo1_1280.png

tumblr_ollp4tCxmV1vzg6zeo1_1280.png
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I love the visuals very much in this game! I love the lighting too and that was one of the best patches ever when they enhanced that. It really and truly is a beautiful game <3

The lighting is breathtaking. I never realized how important lighting was. Sims 4 lighting is prettier than real life :p

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    ah, can't wait to get a new pc. Then I'm gonna set the settings to max and enjoy everything everyone is experiencing now!!!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    ah, can't wait to get a new pc. Then I'm gonna set the settings to max and enjoy everything everyone is experiencing now!!!
    it's really beautiful. you'll love it B)

I think beautiful visuals enhance gameplay.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    The game is gorgeous. Sitting here waiting for FedEx to deliver my new computer and can't wait to see what the game looks like. Going from a GTX660 to GTX1070 and going from a monitor resolution of 1490x900 to 1920x1080.
  • Options
    The game is gorgeous. Sitting here waiting for FedEx to deliver my new computer and can't wait to see what the game looks like. Going from a GTX660 to GTX1070 and going from a monitor resolution of 1490x900 to 1920x1080.

That's awesome.I HATE waiting on shipments. I cant stand it.I just have to go in the store and pick it up :D When I really want something, I want it now lol
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Yes, the visuals are amazing, especially after the update:

tumblr_om0niyRqBz1vzg6zeo1_1280.png

tumblr_ollp4tCxmV1vzg6zeo1_1280.png

Yes, I love the lighting update. It's gorgeous. The only complain I have is that they still haven't fixed the jumping shadows issue which could be kinda annoying to me when I'm busy admiring the lighting and then the shadow just jumps. XD

The outdoor lighting is also fantastic. I love how bright and glowy everything is between 11am-3pm. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    I love all the visuals. I'd have to say that the water, sunlight and shadows are my favorite but I do love how lush and vibrant the worlds are.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member

That's about like me. My old one was even worse though. I went from a 640 to a 1080. Hopefully there will be some games coming out that are worth playing.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Not only the visuals in this game are pretty, the artwork with sim is amazing as well, I can never create as good looking as below sim with TS3, the only thing I did was to enhance with some mods as such like eyebrow, hair and contact lenses and other make up, somehow when I put a skin mod it turns out...weird. Don't get me wrong, the person who created this mod is talented but I just prefer without it. This is something I feel EA team is worth credit for.

Testing%202_zpslyuhlol6.png

The Sims Game
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2017
    I love the graphics in TS4. I have my settings on Ultra with post-processing effects and it's amazing. The game is bright and kind of glows during the day.. I like it a lot.

I also downloaded a lighting mod from brntwaffles which removes blue shadows/tints and that also helps.
  • Options
    Curls4LifeCurls4Life Posts: 70 Member
    The new lighting they implemented while back is truly gorgeous to behold. Seeing the warm, red rays of a setting sun cascade through my Sims's window is just so mesmerizing :)
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Oh yeah, this game is gorgeous, that's for sure. I have a gaming desktop PC and I play with my settings on ultra with uncompressed textures and my goodness.... So clear, smooth, bright, and beautiful. Sometimes while I'm on a lot I'll just pan the screen around and explore the scenery. I also love the view from apartments in San Myshuno.

Another thing I love is the way Sims look. There's something about TS3 Sims that I absolutely can't stand and I actually skipped playing that game entirely because of it lol. TS4 is a huge improvement in that department.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    I love the graphics in TS4. I have my settings on Ultra with post-processing effects and it's amazing. The game is bright and kind of glows during the day.. I like it a lot.

I also downloaded a lighting mod from brntwaffles which removes blue shadows/tints and that also helps.

I've noticed that a lot of people don't like post processing effects, but I think it really enhances the graphics. My outdoor screenshots look a lout better with it on.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Not only the visuals in this game are pretty, the artwork with sim is amazing as well, I can never create as good looking as below sim with TS3, the only thing I did was to enhance with some mods as such like eyebrow, hair and contact lenses and other make up, somehow when I put a skin mod it turns out...weird. Don't get me wrong, the person who created this mod is talented but I just prefer without it. This is something I feel EA team is worth credit for.

Testing%202_zpslyuhlol6.png

I used to be obsessed with skin mods and hyper realistic cc, but I've recently come to the conclusion it doesn't suit the style of the game. It works for some and that's fine, but I've really be enjoying using maxis match cc.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, the visuals are great. I love the scenery, lighting, flowing water and the sims themselves. Most of my sims live in gorgeous spaces. It was a bit of a fun change to play Salim Benali in the Needs TLC apartment but that is not the norm for me. Also, I plan to move him eventually. It is really funny to watch the visuals in that kind of space too. The blowing electrical fuse and bursting pipes are kind of great in their own way.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I used to be obsessed with skin mods and hyper realistic cc, but I've recently come to the conclusion it doesn't suit the style of the game. It works for some and that's fine, but I've really be enjoying using maxis match cc.
    I tried them a little, but my conclusion was that ultimately, you'd need just about every item/graphic in the game to be hyper realistic for it to fit with some of the CC out there. Some of it fits in ok, but some is so hyper realistic, it just looks jarringly out of place.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Tottlay onboard .
    I find myself spending a lot of time choosing lights in this game to get just the right coverage and effect.
    Very impressive.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    edited March 2017
    The graphics are okay, but I prefer Alice: Madness Returns graphics.
    Alice-MR-First-Gameplay.jpg

They have different styles though. If you've seen it in game and turned the gamma settings perfectly, it looks even more amazing than this.

And I disagree, graphics don't enhance gameplay. I'd rather have a game that's super fun to play than one that looks amazing.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2017
    emmaning wrote: »
    The graphics are okay, but I prefer Alice: Madness Returns graphics.
    Alice-MR-First-Gameplay.jpg

They have different styles though. If you've seen it in game and turned the gamma settings perfectly, it looks even moreamazing than this.

And I disagree, graphics don't enhance gameplay. I'd rather have a game that's super fun to play than one that looks amazing.

One of my favorite games of all time is still Final Fantasy Tactics a game that was graphically challenged even for it's time.
    In fact TS1 didn't really measure up to games being released at the same time..so I get where you're coming from.

Can't say I agree with your statement the way it was worded though.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2017
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

I've noticed that a lot of people don't like post processing effects, but I think it really enhances the graphics. My outdoor screenshots look a lout better with it on.

I'm not a huge fan of the blur but it definitely enhances the graphics in general - makes it brighter and more 'glowy' which I really like.

And I agree with your other post. The Sim in my avatar has CC skin but it's a 'matte'/Maxis Match-y skin that just smooths things out a bit. All of my CC is Maxis Mach.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    moonlight through the windows.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.