Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make Vampires to stop breaking in without deleting Vlad/Vampires

Okay so I got the Vampire pack and I love the vampires!
I'm planning to make a Vampire Sim in the same save one day but I dont want vampires breaking in my human household and drinking their blood!!
I never invited them in nor did I look up Vampire lore. (I did make my Sim talk about vampires tho so is that a trigger?) So what else do I have to do for them to not get in?
I'm not against using mods so if anyone has ideas please let me know.
I dont wanna outright remove Vlad, I need him for a story I'm working on in the same save but I just want the option to stop the break ins like with burglars and burglar alarms.
codxHiZ.jpg
Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!

Comments

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I haven't tried this mod, so I can't speak as to whether it stops all break-ins, but I believe that's what it's intended to do: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589546

There is also this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589172
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    I haven't tried this mod, so I can't speak as to whether it stops all break-ins, but I believe that's what it's intended to do: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589546

There is also this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589172

Oh, thank you so much!! I didnt see this at all when I was looking for mods.
    I'll be sure to try out. :D
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Deleting Vlad doesn't stop the break-ins.

Mind you, they don't always succeed in drinking blood. I witnessed a break-in in my game yesterday and the vampire seemed undecided about which sim to attack that it simply gave up and ended up conversing with one of the children!
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    What about putting up garlic in your Sim's house?
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    Study vampire lore until they learn to make garlic braids, wreaths or garlands. It won't take long.
    Then you buy some garlic and make them :smile:
    When you have garlic in the house, the vampires can't bite the sims. Make sure to put it in every room :relieved:
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello
    It would be good to do what cind3r3lla suggested and make garlic braids, wreaths and garlands to deter them. You sim needs to be at level 5 of the Vampire Lore skill to make them.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-vampires-guide/#VampLore
  • Options
    daltwisneydaltwisney Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2017
    I recently started a new Sim in a save I've had active since Get to Work. I got the initial couple texts from Vlad, and had him break in on one occasion, but I pretty much ignore the Vamp Convo options, don't look Vamp Lore up on the computer (easy since my Sim doesn't own one) ;now it's been at least a Sim month since I've seen hide or hair of any Vampires. My Sim has traveled to every neighborhood except Forgotten Hollow.

So, my advice: Just ignore them and they'll go away. :smile:
  • Options
    daltwisneydaltwisney Posts: 44 Member
    A counterpoint to the above: Much like Aliens, if you make an Vampire Sim or start interacting with them in your savegame, they will likely breed like rabbits.
  • Options
    cind3r3lla wrote: »
    Study vampire lore until they learn to make garlic braids, wreaths or garlands. It won't take long.
    Then you buy some garlic and make them :smile:
    When you have garlic in the house, the vampires can't bite the sims. Make sure to put it in every room :relieved:
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    It would be good to do what cind3r3lla suggested and make garlic braids, wreaths and garlands to deter them. You sim needs to be at level 5 of the Vampire Lore skill to make them.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-vampires-guide/#VampLore
    Thank you both for the advice, I actually have heard about the garlic braids, wreaths and garlands but thought it you could buy it in game.
    I had no idea you had to make it let alone knew how! So thanks for that!! Because I was looking at Buy Mode and gave up since I couldn't find any haha.
    This will be very useful when I move my Human Sim to Forgotten Hollow, as of now though, they're a toddler in San Myshuno and I want Vampires to be in the hiding. :D
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    daltwisney wrote: »
    A counterpoint to the above: Much like Aliens, if you make an Vampire Sim or start interacting with them in your savegame, they will likely breed like rabbits.

Oh man, do you know a way to control that? :( I kind of just want an equal amount. I dont want it to be like Late Night where every person I meet is a vampire. Takes out how cool they are.
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I had Vlad break in once, so I decided to lock my door, only allowing entrance for my Sim, and it worked. He came by once after I locked the door and stood there for a few minutes, then he turned into a bat and flew off. The next night, he and the Vatore girl came by, neither could get in, they just stood outside the door growling or something, then left. Lock your doors!
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • Options
    cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    You're welcome :smile:@Shuushii
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    Oh for corn sakes make your house trait a private residence problem solved pure and simple
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    Put garlic out and lock you're doors. You can even lock it after the vampire appears on your lot if you notice is soon enough and it still prevents them from breaking in.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just don't go to sleep between 11 PM - 3 AM because this is the allowed time range when attacks can happen. If the Sim sleep after that or before that time frame the attacks won't take place ;) If the sim is awake or anyone of your household is awake during this time window, the vampire may appear but he will not come in to attack!

In the matter of fact in my game the vampire actually disappears in nothingness when the sim on the lot is awake while the vamp wanted to attack.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh for corn sakes make your house trait a private residence problem solved pure and simple
    Um okay? There was no need to reply like that. And FYI that doesn't solve the problem because I already had that set and still had the break-ins.
    Thanks anyways, I guess.
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    circa1986 wrote: »
    I had Vlad break in once, so I decided to lock my door, only allowing entrance for my Sim, and it worked. He came by once after I locked the door and stood there for a few minutes, then he turned into a bat and flew off. The next night, he and the Vatore girl came by, neither could get in, they just stood outside the door growling or something, then left. Lock your doors!
    Put garlic out and lock you're doors. You can even lock it after the vampire appears on your lot if you notice is soon enough and it still prevents them from breaking in.

Wow! I guess I didn't lock properly because the second time it happened I locked the doors and he was still able to get in. Thanks!!
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Just don't go to sleep between 11 PM - 3 AM because this is the allowed time range when attacks can happen. If the Sim sleep after that or before that time frame the attacks won't take place ;) If the sim is awake or anyone of your household is awake during this time window, the vampire may appear but he will not come in to attack!

In the matter of fact in my game the vampire actually disappears in nothingness when the sim on the lot is awake while the vamp wanted to attack.
    Aaaah, that's probably it!! I always make my Sims go to bed around 11AM because of their work. That's really valuable information, thank you!
    If the mods that was suggested to me by Triplis conflicts with another mod/breaks I'll be sure to keep this in mind as my go to. :D
    codxHiZ.jpg
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Fun fact: In my current game, Vlad doesn't like garlic. I hung two garlic braids by the front door and he immediately got the Uncomfortable moodlet. He turned into a bat and poof.

However, I once had a townie vamp get past the garlic braids placed in every room and take a drink from my sim. Even those will have the garlic immunity once in awhile.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    drbelangerdrbelanger Posts: 57 Member
    Some townie vampire tried to break in today. I didn't wait to see what happened. In this game, my story has a human sim who protects two aliens sims. She just went upstairs, and beat the crap out of the vampire. Problem solved B)
  • Options
    simmerlilly87simmerlilly87 Posts: 195 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    Fun fact: In my current game, Vlad doesn't like garlic. I hung two garlic braids by the front door and he immediately got the Uncomfortable moodlet. He turned into a bat and poof.

However, I once had a townie vamp get past the garlic braids placed in every room and take a drink from my sim. Even those will have the garlic immunity once in awhile.

That is exactly what happened to my sim tonight. I had the braids up and a vamp till got into the house and bit her before I even knew what was happening. I wish they had a fool-proof way of blocking them out.
    Origin Id: SimmerLilly87
    My Showcase Thread
    My Gallery: SimmerLilly87
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • Options
    Tiffany21901Tiffany21901 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've locked the bedroom doors, and so far he hasn't drank their blood. But I'm totally locking the front door as of tonight
  • Options
    ElayneElayne Posts: 2 New Member
    My daughter deleted all the vampires from the neighboring households.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Picky Pikachu has a welcome mat that acts like garlic, but you dont have to deal with the unattractiveness of the garlic braids everywhere. It looks cute, too. It works well, I like it (:

http://pickypikachu.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    GreywGreyw Posts: 2 New Member
    Seriously I have never had any vampire break-ins before! Neither do I have garlics or anything to counter the vamps attacks, i just happened to lock the door and never invites any of em' in. I did befriends them and get the both brother-sister vamps to become my GF and BF. They dropped by occasionally and have not bitten my human sims yet.

Vald did visit me the first night saying my neck is beautiful?? and never appeared ever since...well i tried to flirt with him on his first visit and he didnt appreciate that.

I got my hands on the vamps pack recently and played the whole day. Started wondering what does the vamps do to the gameplay. Going through forums and found people trying to protect their human sims... How did my sims stay safe so far?

-household of 3 humans + a butler
    -lock door except for household members
    -didnt invite any of vamps in
    -saw vamps drop by and went all the way out to greet them (was too excited)
    -got them to become BF and GF
    -no garlic at all
    -purchased the vampire lore skills book and chatted about vamps

Did i not play long enough?