Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aricarai's Little Creative Spot [CLOSED]

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Ari, you hit Seedy Joe's right on the nail. Love the authentic décor and ambiance. The 'smoke' was the perfect touch and you even have an old boxcar. What a great find... never knew this object existed in game before. A great way to use the gambling stuff. Such a well executed build - inside and out. Rec'd :smiley:

@soocoolsim - Thank you darlin'! Yes, it's in the community objects - there's some cool stuff in there! I'm glad you like Seedy Joe's - it was a blast to build, especially since it's not something that I'd normally build :)
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,147 Member
    @aricarai , Wow, you've really captured the "seediness" look with Seedy Joe's. Everything looks absolutely fitting for this type of lot. I think it's almost harder to create something that is a little more dingy and used versus making something pretty, but you did a great job with this - got ya rec'd and fav'd. :)
  • Options
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @aricarai , Wow, you've really captured the "seediness" look with Seedy Joe's. Everything looks absolutely fitting for this type of lot. I think it's almost harder to create something that is a little more dingy and used versus making something pretty, but you did a great job with this - got ya rec'd and fav'd. :)

@Sandraelle - thank you very much m'dear! It was difficult to make it dingy - I found myself going over objects several times because I'd made it just a little bit too pretty! Thanks for stopping by with the lovely comments and thank you for the rec and fav <3
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Well, can't add much to what has been said already! I too love the smoke, very authentic and the fire in the drum outside, love that idea too! Very creative ideas indeed! :)

I too miss those GG competitions, so much fun and idea sharing!
  • Options
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Well, can't add much to what has been said already! I too love the smoke, very authentic and the fire in the drum outside, love that idea too! Very creative ideas indeed! :)

I too miss those GG competitions, so much fun and idea sharing!

Thanks Rox! :)

I'm going to start a competition in GG soon - it's been tooooo long! :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    I absolutely love Seedy Joe's! So detailed and atmospheric :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hey, Ari! Been checking out your thread, and I saw your Seedy Joe's again. I think I commented it on Ajax's thread, but if not, I love it. :) Your outside is so interesting!

I hadn't noticed the smoke effect before. Did you use the fog emitters for that? Which fog effect did you use, the default one, or something else?

I'm going to be spending a lot of time going through this seriously amazing thread. I just love your builds! <3

ETA: I forgot to mention, I really love your Sim Henry Paulson! Usually when I put facial hair on one of my Sims, it looks stupid, especially the soul patch. But it looks so good on him! I must be doing my face shape wrong or something. But I'm definitely snagging that boy of yours!
  • Options
    GreenCats wrote: »
    I absolutely love Seedy Joe's! So detailed and atmospheric :)

Oh heeeey @GreenCats - good to see you! I'm glad you like Seedy Joe's <3
  • Options
    Hey, Ari! Been checking out your thread, and I saw your Seedy Joe's again. I think I commented it on Ajax's thread, but if not, I love it. :) Your outside is so interesting!

I hadn't noticed the smoke effect before. Did you use the fog emitters for that? Which fog effect did you use, the default one, or something else?

I'm going to be spending a lot of time going through this seriously amazing thread. I just love your builds! <3

ETA: I forgot to mention, I really love your Sim Henry Paulson! Usually when I put facial hair on one of my Sims, it looks plum, especially the soul patch. But it looks so good on him! I must be doing my face shape wrong or something. But I'm definitely snagging that boy of yours!

@MiaSkywalker - aww, that's so sweet of you to go through my entire thread! Henry Paulson goes way back - I hope you enjoy him. I don't tend to use facial hair either as sometimes it feels a bit blocky on a Sim's face, but with him, just thought it worked! :smile:

For SeedyJoe's - that is a fog emitter - I used the code: graveyardfog.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    And I'm baaaaack with another Build-n-Share Challenge. The full brief is here and the mini brief is below:

- $16,500 budget
    - 2 bedroom
    - At least 1 bath
    - Office
    - New Computer
    - Good kitchen
    - Good sized lot for future expansion.
    - Landscaping

Don't have a big budget, but always wanted to live in a converted fire station? Now here's your chance.

Across the bridge stood the little firehouse that serviced the community. As the city grew and more residents moved in, City Hall called for a larger fire station to be built in the city centre. The little firehouse that had served the community for hundreds of years was soon forgotten about and left dilapidated under the bridge. Once the proud beckon of the city, the little firehouse became victim to squatters, vermin, and time. One day an investor came along, after having read in the newspaper: "Beautiful old brick period fire station available for conversion" and saw potential. The investor decided to restore the building to its former glory, keeping some of the historical firehouse pieces that were left behind (sadly, someone stole the fire pole). The little firehouse has now become a 2 bed, 1 bath cozy home with an office.

Introducing Firestarter House (see what I did there?!):

Screenshot-88_zps1yqbgl2x.jpg

Screenshot-69_zpsdlsyikur.jpg

There's lots of the exterior, at different times, so I thought I'd put them below a spoiler!
    Screenshot-87_zpsud1efp14.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsitmmoasn.jpg

Screenshot-89_zpsfb2i81rh.jpg

Screenshot-91_zpsfeffy8py.jpg

Screenshot-94_zpsh1ur5sd9.jpg

Screenshot-93_zpstvrl2inl.jpg

Screenshot-100_zpsachagf23.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsvw5lv2c0.jpg

Screenshot-71_zpsdqpucxmm.jpg

Screenshot-7_zpsxj1qucz2.jpg

Screenshot-8_zps3gjlkgsl.jpg

Screenshot-9_zpstqcgixid.jpg

Screenshot-85_zpsay1hxsbm.jpg

Screenshot-79_zpsrqddweei.jpg

Screenshot-37_zpsbsb5pwgo.jpg

Screenshot-54_zps9xvg5ftj.jpg

Screenshot-33_zpsrc5munis.jpg

Screenshot-35_zps6ufmllwj.jpg

Screenshot-82_zpsfniigmuy.jpg

Screenshot-53_zps3lmhhkhs.jpg

Screenshot-51_zpsewemk9xt.jpg

Screenshot-46_zpsr9vs48nh.jpg

Screenshot-44_zps5ufmao4m.jpg

Screenshot-45_zpspqgo0twx.jpg

Screenshot-41_zpsklmihjr2.jpg

Screenshot-43_zpsguofrwpz.jpg

Screenshot-39_zpsr4ivmb3e.jpg

Screenshot-17_zpskdx8cz3q.jpg

Screenshot-14_zpsu1jr8e1t.jpg

Screenshot-15_zpsf1xrbbkj.jpg

Screenshot-16_zps8jzdjax3.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpsqaosqeaq.jpg

Screenshot-12_zpssmskm6i5.jpg

Screenshot-60_zps3ldoxrfd.jpg

Screenshot-58_zps6qaifyob.jpg

Screenshot-63_zpsezferqdx.jpg

Screenshot-56_zps4wu2okgp.jpg

Screenshot-55_zpsdromyz6g.jpg

Screenshot-24_zps0cba7sgj.jpg

Screenshot-21_zpsl8ijucjw.jpg

Screenshot-22_zpsrxq5jswg.jpg

Screenshot-20_zps5qmrw290.jpg

Screenshot-19_zps7d2qfcig.jpg

Screenshot-18_zpstqwk1tys.jpg

Screenshot-28_zpszsimucbb.jpg

Screenshot-25_zpsxhscw5ye.jpg

Screenshot-30_zpsr1fhzkue.jpg

And here's some fun little bonus pics I took while building:

Screenshot-11_zpszsaqbkwd.jpg

Screenshot-97_zpsdd8tucbi.jpg

Screenshot-98_zpskbswlfal.jpg

Screenshot-92_zpswoduhpnf.jpg

I hope ya'll enjoyed taking a tour of Firestarter House! :mrgreen:

Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Firestarter Home is very nice! :) It is a creative name for the build! Very nice design of the exterior. The brown brick texture of the exterior and interior walls looks very nice! The red colour of the garage door looks great! It looks great how the stairs are placed in the bulld. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice kitchen and dining nook area! The different coloured dining chairs is a nice touch. The type of stove used suits well the home type and the kitchen decor items are a nice touch on the wall shelf. Very nice fireplace sitting nook! Sims will enjoy resting on the seating in front of the fire. The pictures and photos on the walls in the home add very nice looks to the room areas! The fireman jackets and the hose reel look great on the wall! The study room is very nice! It looks great how the bookshelves are placed in the room and the bundle of newspapers are a great touch in the room! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the tablet computer or reading a book., and listening to music through the wall speaker. The street art looks great on the study wall! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The pictures look very nice on the walls !
    It is very nice firestation themed home! :)
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Brilliant idea Ari. I'm blown away by how much you got for 16.5K. Love this lot. Well done! :smiley:
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Brilliant idea Ari. I'm blown away by how much you got for 16.5K. Love this lot. Well done! :smiley:

Thank you so much! It took me awhile to get there. I can't tell you how many times I bulldozed!

CASt, buydebug, and Sim photos are life savers on a budget! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Firestarter Home is very nice! :) It is a creative name for the build! Very nice design of the exterior. The brown brick texture of the exterior and interior walls looks very nice! The red colour of the garage door looks great! It looks great how the stairs are placed in the bulld. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice kitchen and dining nook area! The different coloured dining chairs is a nice touch. The type of stove used suits well the home type and the kitchen decor items are a nice touch on the wall shelf. Very nice fireplace sitting nook! Sims will enjoy resting on the seating in front of the fire. The pictures and photos on the walls in the home add very nice looks to the room areas! The fireman jackets and the hose reel look great on the wall! The study room is very nice! It looks great how the bookshelves are placed in the room and the bundle of newspapers are a great touch in the room! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the tablet computer or reading a book., and listening to music through the wall speaker. The street art looks great on the study wall! Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The pictures look very nice on the walls !
    It is very nice firestation themed home! :)

Thank you sweet rose! It's always lovely to see you pop into my thread with your lovely thorough comments! <3
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @aricarai WOW! I love that idea! And the build looks super cool with Bridgeport in the background. It's really nice- great build!
  • Options
    @aricarai WOW! I love that idea! And the build looks super cool with Bridgeport in the background. It's really nice- great build!

Thank you. I'm kind of glad that I didn't do a speed build...so many restarts.

I'd love to do a converted building series. I love the idea!
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    That's amazing! Does not look like a starter! Though I thought for sure there'd be a pole :lol:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2017
    This is absolutely gorgeous @aricarai ! Can't believe it's a starter! You're so clever. Stunning colours as always, and I love the clutter, all the creative (and conveniently inexpensive) artwork, and of course the architecture. Just amazing :)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    That's amazing! Does not look like a starter! Though I thought for sure there'd be a pole :lol:

I soooooo wanted the fire pole in there but they're just way way too expensive. Thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GreenCats wrote: »
    This is absolutely gorgeous @aricarai ! Can't believe it's a starter! You're so clever. Stunning colours as always, and I love the clutter, all the creative (and conveniently inexpensive) artwork, and of course the architecture. Just amazing :)

Thank you @GreenCats! I went through lots of research and photos to try to get the architecture to resemble a fire station. This was definitely a labor of love!

The photography skill is such an amazing feature. Taking pictures of pictures keeps the cost down!
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @aricarai
    The photography skill is such an amazing feature. Taking pictures of pictures keeps the cost down!

Brilliant!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,147 Member
    What an amazing little build this is, and such cute ideas in it. And how awesome that this is a starter!
  • Options
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    What an amazing little build this is, and such cute ideas in it. And how awesome that this is a starter!

Thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    You're on Fire!!!

HeHe, I had to, sorry :p

Adorable, brilliant, great design....love the color pops♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Cassee wrote: »
    You're on Fire!!!

HeHe, I had to, sorry :p

Adorable, brilliant, great design....love the color pops♥♥♥

*waves wildly* Oh hey Cassee! Lovely to see you here! Thank you so much <3