Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I deleted Vlad

I started a Legacy family. My first one ever. Also the first time I am auto aging everyone.

Anyway, my Sim was attacked in his home on his honeymoon night. I am not playing supernaturals in this save. So I just went into household management and deleted Vlad.

Is there a way to block Vampires from breaking in? So annoying...

Comments

• Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Have you tried adding a lot trait? I don't have the game pack but I think there's a lot trait that deters vampires from coming onto your Sim's lot.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Have you tried adding a lot trait? I don't have the game pack but I think there's a lot trait that deters vampires from coming onto your Sim's lot.

There is no lot trait to deter vampires. There are three new lot traits that are in favor of vampires.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I started a Legacy family. My first one ever. Also the first time I am auto aging everyone.

Anyway, my Sim was attacked in his home on his honeymoon night. I am not playing supernaturals in this save. So I just went into household management and deleted Vlad.

Well, I have no vampires but could you possibly just lock the door?
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

They can unlock the door. :(

(Again, this is why we need toggle switches, EA!)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    I think the garlic items u can hang helps keep vampires away.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want this pack for build and buy items but I'm afraid of this. I've been able to avoid ghosts and aliens in the play throughs where I don't want them. I read in another thread that you have to invite them by reading whatever it is you read or I guess by inviting some over? Either way the jury is out on my buying it till I figure it out. I do want to play vamps eventually but not just now and definitely not in every save game. I don't care if they are on the street.. I just don't want any unprovoked or uninvited attack. Is there something that summons them to attack?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I use mods to keep vampires away and stop the creepy text message about having a lovely neck. Mods have really helped. I can play vampires when I want to, and they leave my legacy families alone when I don't want to.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I just flat out didn't purchase this GP. I was on the fence for some of the objects/build materials, but after wrestling with my conscious, which was the real problem, I chose not to get it. Vampires are evil. I don't need evil in my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I just flat out didn't purchase this GP. I was on the fence for some of the objects/build materials, but after wrestling with my conscious, which was the real problem, I chose not to get it. Vampires are evil. I don't need evil in my game.
    Uh... I mean, I guess in most portrayals they are, but you can play a "good" vampire who asks for permission to drink, or only drinks from plasma packs and plasma fruit.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    There is actually a good vampire aspiration too. I play good ones that only use the fruit. But I get why some would opt out of it completely. I almost did too. I have two vampire saved games and I made sure not to create any in my other saves.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Hmmm... i don't usually play with mods. But I will look into it. Thanks
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think the garlic items u can hang helps keep vampires away.

It doesn't work for me. :\ Maybe the vampire that visited my sims is immune to garlic. Oh well.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    They could be immune to garlic...it's a super power option. I almost wish I had some of these issues, my mpc sims seem to not really do anything on their own. I tried to change that with a mod..and the first and only time that I tried to play with a mod...my game refused to load. I tried the MC mod and a couple others....I had to reinstall my game like three times
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    There is a drink that can be made at the bar to deter vampires, however, I think you need some levels into Vampire Lore before you can make the drink.
  • Options
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    There is a drink that can be made at the bar to deter vampires, however, I think you need some levels into Vampire Lore before you can make the drink.

That drink only last for 4 hours, much too short in my book. I really wished they made the drink last for 12 hours, or 24 hours at a time.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    oh my goodness.. I love love this new Vampire expansion pack.. I am having so much fun with them.. in fact, I wished I could make them even meaner than how I have them now.

Some of the vampires are able to enter a locked house at night.. some can't. some are immune to the garlic, but unless your playing a Vampire, it is all games mechanic if they have the garlic buff or not. Ive not tried this.. because I have yet to have a townie vamp visit my household, but could be due to the fact I'm playing 2 right now in the household, but go and get some garlic .. place at least 2 plants at each door. More the merrier.. and before going to bed, have your sim eat a few pieces. If you want to keep the vampire off you.. order some plasma packs from your computer, and place them close to you in the bedrooms, or all around the house. See if that helps.

My sims will never drink a plasma pack.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Not sure why vampires can even break into houses. They're not supposed to, lore-wise.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Not sure why vampires can even break into houses. They're not supposed to, lore-wise.

Totally agree, in all vampire folk lore that I ever heard or read about was a vampire first needed an invite. After it got an invite it could enter anytime, but if no invite, it was a no go zone ever for the vampire.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

They can unlock the door. :(

(Again, this is why we need toggle switches, EA!)
    Umm your toggle switch is not buy the pack that is called Vampires what would think would happen?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    From a game design standpoint, I would say it's just a way to give them some kind of spontaneous way of existing in your game that is hard to ignore. Because most everything centers around your home lot, a home invasion makes the most sense for reminding you that vampires are in the game. The alternative that comes to mind would be to have you randomly get attacked while you're out, but I'm not sure something like that would function very well in this game or feel like much more than an annoyance. With it being your home lot, it feels more intimate and you have a clear tool to deter them (garlic).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    OLDGREEKOLDGREEK Posts: 5 New Member
    Is there a way to delete only one GP from our game? I would prefer not to use Mods and I am not sure I like the vampires after all. (What can I say, I'm an old lady)
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Wait does this happen a lot? I rarely ever see a vampire break into my house. I think I have only see this happen to me once.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hmmm... i don't usually play with mods. But I will look into it. Thanks
    OLDGREEK wrote: »
    Is there a way to delete only one GP from our game? I would prefer not to use Mods and I am not sure I like the vampires after all. (What can I say, I'm an old lady)
    I deleted all three of the pre-made vampires in my Simself save (bulldozed their houses just to be on the safe side as well). I've heard that if you delete all the premades and don't let your Sims visit Forgotten Hollow or study vampire lore, the game won't spawn any new vampires. I haven't played that save enough recently to test the last; I did find 3 game-generated vampires in Manage Households (in the Not In World category) but they were easy enough to delete so maybe just frequent monitoring of the unhoused Sims can keep out the riff-raff. B)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Yeah, there are other spawned vampires out there. My founder's first crush was, but I put the kibosh on that. I'm not going to have supernaturals in my legacy family.

But the other vampires haven't bothered us since I got rid of Vlad.

Um, @pepperjax1230 why should someone not buy the pack just because they don't want vampires? The build stuff is the reason I bought it.

If anyone cares, these are my founders, Jake and McKenzie.

2ji2px.jpg

Jake is a clone of my favorite Sim Jacoby who was a game spawned gardener. I would have used him, but he is max skilled. Also I didn't want to have him die. So I made his twin brother and moved him to a new save. His wife, McKenzie is a Sim I found in the Gallery. I'm not sure who made her. So far they have Anna, Brandon and Carson.