Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you refer to your sims?

My sim? My man(husband, boyfriend)/woman(wife, girlfriend)? My mum/dad? My child? By names?
Just, is it really personal or more general?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I usually use all those variations between my sim, sims husband, sims wife, child and names. It depends on who I am mentioning them to. If I am telling my mom I refer to them as sims as she doesn't play and has never seen my game. If I am talking to my fellow simmer friend I will say husband and name or wife and name, as she knows what I am talking about. If I told mom something about the game like my husband cheated, she would freak thinking I was talking about my own hubby lol. So It just depends on who it is I am talking too.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    If I'm talking about them with other people I say "My Sims.

If I'm talking to my sims inside the game "sweetheart, princess, dude," if I'm in a good mood with them. "Idiot or brat" if I'm not in a good mood with them. And on ocassion stronger language if I'm extremely irritated with them lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    'My heir' and by their names.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Yeah I guess it depends on who you're talking to. I only talk while playing or writing my blog. I just notice when I have a sim couple without kids I call them my woman/man. But when they have children I automatically take the child's position and start calling them mum and dad.
    3KNPen wrote: »

If I'm talking to my sims inside the game "sweetheart, princess, dude," if I'm in a good mood with them. "plum or brat" if I'm not in a good mood with them. And on ocassion stronger language if I'm extremely irritated with them lol.
    hahaha, what cool names for sims. I should try those out. :smiley:
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    If I'm talking to someone who doesn't play Sims or knows nothing about Sims I will just say "My Sims did [fill in the blank]".
    If I'm talking to my friend who also plays Sims or my boyfriend,who is sweet enough to listen to my Sim ramblings,I will use names and explain who the Sims are..."My Sim [name] and her husband [name] had twins! I named them [names]."

When I'm playing,I usually tell stories inside my head to go along with my game...so if my Sims are talking I will have the conversation in my head going about what I think they would be saying to each other :) I've done that for as long as I can remember.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2017
    I refer to them as: you 🐸🐸🐸🐸 do what I tell you to do, lol joking ... that's only sometimes.

I just refer to them by their names, I do feel like some sort of god as the player so i never refer to them as something that is linked to me.

Edit: they censor everything!!!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Same. Depends on who I'm talking to but lately, since the game has been buggy for me, I've been referring to them as "my little sh**ts," but with all the love my heart!
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited February 2017
    I call them all different things too depending on how they're like. I can't say the names cuz they might be plummed out on this site. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    When I talk about them I refer to them as "My Sim" or "My Sim [Name], their husband, their kids, etc". When I play I often call them sweetie, darling, cupcakes or something less nice when they drive me up the wall, which happens quite often. Sims really are difficult to deal with at times...

I just realised I often adress them directly as well (never loudly though). When I see an interesting townie for example I catch myself thinking: "My, and what are you doing, darling? Where are you going?" and then I follow them around for a bit.
  • Options
    NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member
    i just say my sims when talking to someone. if i told that someone their background already i just my sim + their name(s).
    when i'm alone i don't call them anything unless i'm frustrated then i just say dude lol.
    tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I use all that you have mentioned OP. It all depends on who I am talking to and what I am talking about.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I usually refer to them by various swear words. Sometimes by their name if they're being good.
  • Options
    zuzumax2zuzumax2 Posts: 78 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

If I'm talking to my sims inside the game "sweetheart, princess, dude," if I'm in a good mood with them. "plum or brat" if I'm not in a good mood with them. And on ocassion stronger language if I'm extremely irritated with them lol.

When I get frustrated enough with them then I start calling them explicit names lol... it always follows with "dude" though. Cause I call everyone dude
    7wjjB5a.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    My little plums.
    Or, that bunch of poo-heads.
    Or, in the case of Trash: Trashy-boy.
    Or, in the case of my remake of the Movotti siblings: the mad one, and the evil one.
    Or, I just call them all by name... which is a bit odd, cos most of them have odd names, Trash, Hella, Gimmie, Mango, Sparks, Diva, Thrasher, Humbug, Mad Ori, Candy, Barbra, Ken, Mort, Sandy...
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited February 2017
    Just "my sims" or "my sim and their partner/kid/friend" sometimes their name especially if I'm talking about a premade to other Simmers.

Or "you doofus".
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    "My Sim" xd

How could I call the Sim in my avatar anything mean xd, I mean look at her face while as a vampire she is learning about vampires for the first time. Her face is priceless..
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Just thought of another name I use for them: My simmypoos.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    I see them all as my children lmao. My 'babies'.
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I refer to them as my sims/ my one sim / or my sim (their name).
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    I called one of mine dumb dumb one time because he kept canceling out what I wanted to do and that became my nickname. I called my legacy founder and his wife "my adorable tattoo couple" over on my legacy blog. Really it's whatever weird nicknames I come up with
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    One of my terribly embarrassing habits is what I call them when I'm alone LOL. I have really bad babied/rhyming nicknames for almost all my sims which I call them by, or just a bad nickname in general if not their name.
    My sim Miguel is "miggly wiggly," granddaughter June is "Juney woony," great grandson is "Gabey the Baby," for example.
    My daughter Danna is "Danna banana," sometimes just "banana" (as blunt as I put into my story.)

They're completely terrible but I can't stop doing it LOL.

I would also call them by shortened forms of their name (like instead of saying "Santiago" I'd call him "Jaime," instead of "Stanislav" I'd say "Stan," etc.) Aside from those, I'd refer to them as my baby, as in the child sense LOL.
    Like, "aww, poor baby."

I refer to them as my kids outside of the game. Whenever I talk about them, it's usually between friends and they know what I mean. I usually don't talk about it to those I'm not close with.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I find it odd that so many have pet names.

I view a sim I play as myself, so I dont usually think "my sim" unless im describing it to someone. But when im playing i think/ have my sim act in first peron (if that make sense). I usually only play 1-2 sim at a time so thats how i view it.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think of them as separate entities sometimes, but often as extensions of myself also. So I'll say (Name) did this or that or she did, he did ect OR I sometimes find myself saying I did this or that in the game. It happens.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I can only think of one time where I talked to a non-simmer about my sims, where my sims had just had triplets and were living on a houseboat and we were talking about how difficult it would be to have triplets, let alone on a houseboat.

On the rare occasion I talk about them here, I think I usually specify, i.e. "My sim, Catriona, and her husband, Liam."

When I talk to them in game, it's usually as a long string of expletives and insults that would be censored here.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't get many chances to talk to my friends about the sims, but when I do I just call them "my sims."

Now the last time I can recall calling my sims something else is when one of them belted out nice vocals on the karaoke machine for the first time and I referred to him as "my boyyyy."
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-