May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official survey mentioned horses/pet careers and new world

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
I was googling the old survey we got a while back, and I couldn't find it, well I did, but it looked messy. Anyway I came across a pretty updated survey from SimsVIP: https://simsvip.com/2016/03/28/the-sims-4-pets-new-official-survey-making-rounds/

Apparently a German fan site got this survey, and I'm
pretty sure this German fan site has leaked some new content in the past. According to SimsVIP this an oficial survey. This survey mentions many features people are asking for including bringing back pet careers. Who knows if they were able to add everything they said, but at least we know horses could work the same as cats and dogs.

I read the metropolis/city living EP that EA mentioned on the first survey and City Living actually matches all the features they mentioned, so I'm guessing Pets could be as good as the survey's description.
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sara4681sara4681 Posts: 120 Member
    I hope you're right! The only thing i want is getting the horses back :D

The only thing i DONT like is career for pets, its a little weird in my world :s
    Woohoo, Coffee and Rock n' Roll!
  • Options
    sara4681 wrote: »

The only thing i DONT like is career for pets, its a little weird in my world :s

I mean, I never really used them I think... plus if they add pet careers they might as well add firemen back! I will use any excuse for them to patch them in.

I think pet careers in rl do happen, I don't care much for them though. Its too much to handle, but some people like it so that's why I mentioned it. Might be good news for someone else.

I agree though I'll be satisfied with horses, and the new world. I'm dying for a new world, rural world. No more suburbs.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I'm not too bothered if careers for pets do come back, I know I won't use them though.
  • Options
    dansneller wrote: »
    I'm not too bothered if careers for pets do come back, I know I won't use them though.

Me neither... that's why I mostly care about horses and the possible new world
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    I don't care for pet careers either I would not mind a few non active pet careers but for a third expansion out of 4 to go into active careers I say enough is enough. Give me something new beyond another repetitive active career Pets should be about how the pets interact with the Sims and world around them with the most unique interactions and new world possibilities to experience as possible. Let me have a dog who plays fetch, have a toddler who can ride a larger dog or even a toddler who tries to dance with a cat interactions between the Sims and pets is what I want to see.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I don't care for pet careers either I would not mind a few non active pet careers but for a third expansion out of 4 to go into active careers I say enough is enough. Give me something new beyond another repetitive active career Pets should be about how the pets interact with the Sims and world around them with the most unique interactions and new world possibilities to experience as possible. Let me have a dog who plays fetch, have a toddler who can ride a larger dog or even a toddler who tries to dance with a cat interactions between the Sims and pets is what I want to see.

I really want toddlers to do that and pets to travel... we have had fetch though
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    However, talking about careers, I really hope we get a vet career!!
  • Options

Me too!!! And firemen lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

I loved pets being the ultimate bread maker in my games. I found it funny. Hopefully vets and other cool jobs make an appearance though.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I would love if they added in pet careers again. I thought they were nice. Plus I would love it if they were able to go to works we might get cute career outfits for them. I really want to dress them up <3.
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member

I hope so too!
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I hate to tell you all but there never were Pet Careers in any of the Sims game that I am aware of. I would like them though a Veterinarian Career is a must, you don't have to play them if you don't want to. I never play the Doctors's or the Detective Careers does't interest me. I prefer to play Retail careers.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    If they are going to include horses what I really hope then this new world will surely be a whole new level of experience. :)
  • Options
    candy8 wrote: »
    I hate to tell you all but there never were Pet Careers in any of the Sims game that I am aware of. I would like them though a Veterinarian Career is a must, you don't have to play them if you don't want to. I never play the Doctors's or the Detective Careers does't interest me. I prefer to play Retail careers.

If you're referring to careers the pets can have, the were some in The Sims 2 Pets (such as, service, security and show biz) :smile:
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member

If you're referring to careers the pets can have, the were some in The Sims 2 Pets (such as, service, security and show biz) :smile:

Yeah I remember them being in the sims 2. I don't know why I never used them though.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Pets having careers? That's strange. Though, I can see dogs doing the cop career.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

A semi-active vet career could be an interesting twist -- you could be "on call" for a certain period of the day and get summoned to go to different houses to treat pets, or you could go to your rabbit hole vet clinic. I'd like to be able to call an NPC vet to come and take care of my animals when they're sick. Maybe also animal trainer could be a semi-active career, along with an NPC trainer. In Sims 2, werewolves were excellent animal trainers (possibly because of their dual human/wolf nature), so if they chose to bring back werewolves in some form with a Pets pack, that would be a good way to do it.

Definitely want toddler interactions with the pets -- Wild toddlers could pull a cat's tail (and the cat could react accordingly), or you could have a toddler use the pet for a pillow and both nap together. For traits I'd like to see them go with maybe just a single trait like they did toddlers, and make them unique -- Guard Animal (who'll growl or hiss whenever straingers approach), Finicky (turns up nose at pet food, prefers human foods), Feral (skittish around humans, takes a long time to train), etc.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I just had a great idea about pet careers. Since we already have an active detective career, it would be awesome if we could get a new branch for some dog breeds as K9 officers.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Agreed. That's the only thing I don't want to return for pets. It made them feel too human and only added to the grindfest. Level up, send your sim to work. Level up, send your pet to work. Blech. I'd rather see the pet shows from TS1 make a return.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Pets having careers? That's strange. Though, I can see dogs doing the cop career.

They did in Sims 2: Security, Service and Show Biz. The pet careers had four levels, and promotion was determined by learning various tricks/skills (like shake, roll over, etc.). I never used them much -- I'd prefer to have pets just be pets. Maybe they could go out to hunt and bring back collectibles, which would be good for Curator Sims -- the better the pet's mood and training, the higher quality/more rare collectible they'll bring back.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

Agreed. That's the only thing I don't want to return for pets. It made them feel too human and only added to the grindfest. Level up, send your sim to work. Level up, send your pet to work. Blech. I'd rather see the pet shows from TS1 make a return.

Ooooh i want pet shows!!!! I also want to be able to dress up tiny dogs lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I guess we all imagined it, then. :D
  • Options

They did in Sims 2: Security, Service and Show Biz. The pet careers had four levels, and promotion was determined by learning various tricks/skills (like shake, roll over, etc.). I never used them much -- I'd prefer to have pets just be pets. Maybe they could go out to hunt and bring back collectibles, which would be good for Curator Sims -- the better the pet's mood and training, the higher quality/more rare collectible they'll bring back.

I honestly don't like those careers for pet either, but if I'm playing a game from scratch maybe having a pet bringing a few simoleons in would help, especially cause sims take forever to get promoted.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    I don't mind pet careers. I usually only had my pets take a job if my sims were struggling financially or if my sims were too busy and I wanted the pets to have something to do. I rarely ever worried about getting them promoted.

And of course, I'd love horses back :)