Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official survey mentioned horses/pet careers and new world

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'd love the pet shows from Sims 1 (rather than Sims 3 rabbit holes) to make a return. Also if you have GT, the ability to take your pet to club meetings so you can have a Crazy Cat Ladies (or Gents) group where they groom their cats and chat about cat related topics, or a Dog Walkers group that meets at the park and walks their dogs or train them/demonstrate latest skills, etc. (Some sort of dog obstacle course that could be placed at a park or on a home lot would be really cool.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I don't care for pet careers either I would not mind a few non active pet careers but for a third expansion out of 4 to go into active careers I say enough is enough. Give me something new beyond another repetitive active career Pets should be about how the pets interact with the Sims and world around them with the most unique interactions and new world possibilities to experience as possible. Let me have a dog who plays fetch, have a toddler who can ride a larger dog or even a toddler who tries to dance with a cat interactions between the Sims and pets is what I want to see.

A semi-active vet career could be an interesting twist -- you could be "on call" for a certain period of the day and get summoned to go to different houses to treat pets, or you could go to your rabbit hole vet clinic. I'd like to be able to call an NPC vet to come and take care of my animals when they're sick. Maybe also animal trainer could be a semi-active career, along with an NPC trainer. In Sims 2, werewolves were excellent animal trainers (possibly because of their dual human/wolf nature), so if they chose to bring back werewolves in some form with a Pets pack, that would be a good way to do it.

Definitely want toddler interactions with the pets -- Wild toddlers could pull a cat's tail (and the cat could react accordingly), or you could have a toddler use the pet for a pillow and both nap together. For traits I'd like to see them go with maybe just a single trait like they did toddlers, and make them unique -- Guard Animal (who'll growl or hiss whenever straingers approach), Finicky (turns up nose at pet food, prefers human foods), Feral (skittish around humans, takes a long time to train), etc.

Yes, maybe something like how the medical career was with Ambitions for Sims 3. The sims could get phone calls and then the player could decide whether they wanted to come or let the sim go by themselves. Then you wouldn't have to cure the neighbour's dog for the seventh time if you didn't want to, but those who wanted an active vet career could get it. Also, promotions wouldn't be dependent on those house calls, yu could just do them for fun, if you'd like to.

I hope the pets feelings are somewhat like the toddlers are now, less like an adult humans and more like you would imagine a pets feelings to be like. I would love it if a cat could suddenly get angry because their owner cuddled them the wrong way or a dog could get sad because they couldn't find their favourite toy.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I played with the TS2 pet careers. They were enjoyable, but not essential. I would prefer a vet career, or other Sims careers that involved pets in some way.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    LesboKnope wrote: »
    I would love it if a cat could suddenly get angry because their owner cuddled them the wrong way or a dog could get sad because they couldn't find their favourite toy.

Yes! I love the idea of having moodlets based on something that to us feels very small, but for a pet is very important!
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yuna wrote: »
    If they are going to include horses what I really hope then this new world will surely be a whole new level of experience. :)
    @Yuna
    I hope it's a much more open, maybe even single-neighbourhood, world. But with a lot of space to ride horses around.
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I was just looking at a thread earlier today that said code has been found in the toddlers update that shows they are definitely working on Pets right now, probably making it the next EP to come out. Unfortunately, while horses showed up earlier, it appears that they've been scrapped. It makes sense though, since horses without an open world would be pretty boring at best. I would love to be wrong though :smile:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I'd love the pet shows from Sims 1 (rather than Sims 3 rabbit holes) to make a return. Also if you have GT, the ability to take your pet to club meetings so you can have a Crazy Cat Ladies (or Gents) group where they groom their cats and chat about cat related topics, or a Dog Walkers group that meets at the park and walks their dogs or train them/demonstrate latest skills, etc. (Some sort of dog obstacle course that could be placed at a park or on a home lot would be really cool.)

I would love to have a obstacle course for pets <3 you could train them to master it and it would be fun. Perhaps you can even compete with it. My neighbor does this with her dog, it sounds like so much fun.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2017
    I just hope we can create our own Pet Store if you have GTW.

And by that I mean a real pet store, not just selling a few dog houses and scratching poles, but also pets, like you were able to do in TS2. (The displays with cats and dogs inside).
  • Options
    BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    I miss having a horse so much :'(
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

And by that I mean a real pet store, not just selling a few dog houses and scratching poles, but also pets, like you were able to do in TS2. (The displays with cats and dogs inside).

Even the Sims 1 had that feature, not only could we buy pets, but collars as well and remember a dog trainer would be at the store? Anyway if we are able to buy pets from a store it would have to be a feature that the EP would have, there would be no point in adding the display if all the simmers without GTW get that item.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think the best option would be if they added a new venue with The Sims 4 Pets: "A Pet Shop", where you can go there and it uses similar features as retail shops in GTW, you can buy pets, pet toys, bedding etc. - but if you have GTW you can run your own pet shop, as a retail lot. That way the pet displays aren't useless for people who only own Pets, and if you own GTW then you get an added bonus!
  • Options
    dansneller wrote: »
    I think the best option would be if they added a new venue with The Sims 4 Pets: "A Pet Shop", where you can go there and it uses similar features as retail shops in GTW, you can buy pets, pet toys, bedding etc. - but if you have GTW you can run your own pet shop, as a retail lot. That way the pet displays aren't useless for people who only own Pets, and if you own GTW then you get an added bonus!

Yeah I think that sounds more feasible, than just limiting that feature to GTW owners. That way everyone can take their sims to the pet store and GTW just have a smaller benefit that would allow them to actually own said pet store.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    LesboKnope wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I don't care for pet careers either I would not mind a few non active pet careers but for a third expansion out of 4 to go into active careers I say enough is enough. Give me something new beyond another repetitive active career Pets should be about how the pets interact with the Sims and world around them with the most unique interactions and new world possibilities to experience as possible. Let me have a dog who plays fetch, have a toddler who can ride a larger dog or even a toddler who tries to dance with a cat interactions between the Sims and pets is what I want to see.

A semi-active vet career could be an interesting twist -- you could be "on call" for a certain period of the day and get summoned to go to different houses to treat pets, or you could go to your rabbit hole vet clinic. I'd like to be able to call an NPC vet to come and take care of my animals when they're sick. Maybe also animal trainer could be a semi-active career, along with an NPC trainer. In Sims 2, werewolves were excellent animal trainers (possibly because of their dual human/wolf nature), so if they chose to bring back werewolves in some form with a Pets pack, that would be a good way to do it.

Definitely want toddler interactions with the pets -- Wild toddlers could pull a cat's tail (and the cat could react accordingly), or you could have a toddler use the pet for a pillow and both nap together. For traits I'd like to see them go with maybe just a single trait like they did toddlers, and make them unique -- Guard Animal (who'll growl or hiss whenever straingers approach), Finicky (turns up nose at pet food, prefers human foods), Feral (skittish around humans, takes a long time to train), etc.

Yes, maybe something like how the medical career was with Ambitions for Sims 3. The sims could get phone calls and then the player could decide whether they wanted to come or let the sim go by themselves. Then you wouldn't have to cure the neighbour's dog for the seventh time if you didn't want to, but those who wanted an active vet career could get it. Also, promotions wouldn't be dependent on those house calls, yu could just do them for fun, if you'd like to.

I hope the pets feelings are somewhat like the toddlers are now, less like an adult humans and more like you would imagine a pets feelings to be like. I would love it if a cat could suddenly get angry because their owner cuddled them the wrong way or a dog could get sad because they couldn't find their favourite toy.

I was thinking more like the City Living careers -- in those you can choose to either go to work at the off-screen work site, or you can "work from home" doing various tasks. If you chose to be "on call" you might have to make X number of house calls in order to complete your day -- if you do them fast, then you can go "off duty" sooner and have the rest of the day free to play. Or if a call comes in from a Sim you absolutely can't stand you can say you're not available (teehee) and wait for the next call. So you'd still have to go with your Sim (sort of like when you go to a crime scene in the Detective career) but it would give you a chance to build relationships with the Sim who called you.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    It reminds me that if we ever have pets career, I prolly want them to work as companion.

In the real world, some pets are trained to be a companion for they who has disability or therapy for they who has mental health issue. I don't think Sim will create such a terribly sensitive feature unless they has a reason to do so. That's why the only possible implementation is to create companion for the fragile elder or therapy for they who has an extreme emotion.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Won't it be amazing if they could work as police dogs. :)
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2017

I wish, but I don't think we'll ever get real pet stores back. Something about the possible animal cruelty involved with them. Keeping them in cages and such (I don't know the specifics.) A dev said something about it during the Sims 3 days; that's why they went the adoption-only route.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    IceyJ wrote: »

I wish, but I don't think we'll ever get real pet stores back. Something about the possible animal cruelty involved with them. Keeping them in cages and such (I don't know the specifics.) A dev said something about it during the Sims 3 days; that's why they went the adoption-only route.

I don't see how there is any animal cruelty, all dogs are in some sort of display when you buy them unless you go to some sort of farm where they sell dogs. Plus we have fish and frogs trapped in bowls and cages and we don't even feed them, so whoever said that is being kind of ridiculous. I hope with the sims 4 pets we'll be able to actually take care of all animals and not just dogs, cats and horses. I want to be able to feed them and clean their cage, bowl and/or aquarium.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    I hope that, once a Witches gamepack comes out, those witches will be able to turn Sims into animals >:)
    (and maybe animals into Sims too, that'd be cool and allow nicer witches to turn them back into humans)
  • Options
    I hope that, once a Witches gamepack comes out, those witches will be able to turn Sims into animals >:)
    (and maybe animals into Sims too, that'd be cool and allow nicer witches to turn them back into humans)

I'm also counting on a witches GP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017

And besides the coolness factor, this would be a useful marketing strategy for EA:
    If you want to turn your Sim's dog from the Pets pack human then you'll have to get the Witches pack too. And if you want your witches to have an additional power then you'll need the Pets pack too. Come on EA, that means more money for you, I know you can't resist that! ;)

(just making sure that this gets considered by EA) :D
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

I don't see how there is any animal cruelty, all dogs are in some sort of display when you buy them unless you go to some sort of farm where they sell dogs. Plus we have fish and frogs trapped in bowls and cages and we don't even feed them, so whoever said that is being kind of ridiculous. I hope with the sims 4 pets we'll be able to actually take care of all animals and not just dogs, cats and horses. I want to be able to feed them and clean their cage, bowl and/or aquarium.

It's a real life thing. Many animal lovers protest the use of pet stores. The belief is that "Most animals sold in pet stores come from mass-breeding facilities called puppy mills, where they are denied socialization, exercise, and veterinary care."

Pet Shops
    The Chilling Reasons Why You Shouldn't Buy Your Pets from a Pet Store
  • Options

It's a real life thing. Many animal lovers protest the use of pet stores. The belief is that "Most animals sold in pet stores come from mass-breeding facilities called puppy mills, where they are denied socialization, exercise, and veterinary care."

Pet Shops

I hate animal cruelty so I can get that, I mean I don't even like the idea of having a fish in a tiny bowl or any other pet that's isn't a dog or cat and horses for those
    who have the resources to take care of one. However I doubt EA will add something like dogs in cages in dark storage rooms where your sim either adopts one or it gets sacrificed or add as some sort of career dog fights. If anything people want something like in the sims unleashed where dogs are on a display is not even a cage and people buy them and give them a home and there's even a dog trainer there.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

Pet Shops

I hate animal cruelty so I can get that, I mean I don't even like the idea of having a fish in a tiny bowl or any other pet that's isn't a dog or cat and horses for those
    who have the resources to take care of one. However I doubt EA will add something like dogs in cages in dark storage rooms where your sim either adopts one or it gets sacrificed or add as some sort of career dog fights. If anything people want something like in the sims unleashed where dogs are on a display is not even a cage and people buy them and give them a home and there's even a dog trainer there.

That's what I want too, but how is the display different from a cage? And I don't know what dark storage rooms, sacrificing and dog fights have to do with it. None of that is in the article.
  • Options

Pet Shops

That's what I want too, but how is the display different from a cage? And I don't know what dark storage rooms, sacrificing and dog fights have to do with it. None of that is in the article.

I know it isn't, i was just trying to defend the point that crating pet stores wouldn't be considered animal cruelty, but maybe I misunderstood what you tried to say.

As for cages and displays, I don't know in the sims unleashed the displayes were open spaces I mean it wasn't an actual closed space and people did interact with them so it wasn't like they couldn't socialize so I think owning a pet store could really be nice in a game
    like the sims. We could even pretend our sims rescue them and then give them to families.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13, All I know is that EA was trying to be politically correct in the Sims 3 Pets because many were against pet stores. Hopefully, they'll change they're tune and we'll get them with the Sims 4 Pets. It's just a game, after all.