The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rant against Vampires

First I know I am not going to make any friends here so here goes...

I just read SimGuruSparks intro on the blog...he states there is something in every pack for everyone....not so.. I don't do Vampires, blood, or anything involved. Don't like it, don't want it in my game. So he is wrong...just saying.

There may be some hairstyles I liked, clothes or furniture I want, but I'm not willing to add vampires to my game in order to get them...

Done with rant.

Comments

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    There is clothing, furniture and decor that will work really nicely for "Halloween". And just a little something. I've had the Vampire Game pack for over a week now... (Had some issues purchasing when it first came out), but I have seen One vampire. 1. Uno. It's the "head" of the Vampires, or the Master of the Vampires, or whatever you want to call it. Vlad something.

He has not bit my Sim, he has not came into my house without first knocking, or anything like that... I have seen no other Vampires around. If I did, they're disguised very well... and if it's the Sims walking down the road at night? They don't even bother my Sim at all. They just walk past.

So, the Devs have pretty much made them "non-invasive" if you will. They're not like Sims 3 Vampires were they're just every where. At least for me, I know I've seen a few people posting that they've experienced vampires coming in their house at night, but that hasn't been the case for me and I saw some others stating that they haven't seen any either.

They're not as "bad" this time around. Though, I'm pretty bummed because while I didn't want every other Sim to be a Vampire, I still wanted to experience them "a little bit", but I'm not even getting that. D; (I know if I create one.. but I wanted one of my existing Sims to be turned).
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    I do not play with vampires or aliens eihter...however I love that they released it separate. I really am so glad they did it this way. It dosent even bother me that there is nothing in this pack for me, just glad I am not forced to have them in my game. I do like the hair with the short bangs though, wouldn't mind having that. :)
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    If you're not against mods you could download some Victorian aesthetic objects and clothing? Then you wouldn't need to buy the pack and have vampires in your game. Just a suggestion. Happy simming
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited February 2017
    Users on Tumblr doing a test just after launch found that if they delete the Vampires in Household Management right off, before they start playing in live mode, and *don't* do things that involve Vampire play - like studying lore and going to the new small world - they don't get Vampires in their game. So people who really want to spend $20 for the CAS and Build/Buy might take that into account.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Users on Tumblr doing a test just after launch found that if they delete the Vampires in Household Management right off, before they start playing in live mode, and *don't* do things that involve Vampire play - like studying lore and going to the new small world - they don't get Vampires in their game. So people who really want to spend $20 for the CAS and Build/Buy might take that into account.

I bet this is correct because I don't play aliens ever, and I never see them in my game. None are generated. I have never used the telescope and have never been abducted.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,966 Member
    I'm right there with you, OP. I sat on the fence for awhile. One, I don't like vampires and never, ever played them in the other iterations. Nor did I have any of my Sims seek them out. I was intrigued for a time, since this go-around the vampires seem far more interesting. But, mostly, I was looking at the hair, clothes, furniture, et al. I finally realized why I was still on the fence after I did a search and found the cc clothing, hair, and objects I wanted in my game. It was simply the element of danger vampires present in this GP. Once I looked at the situation, I realized, I really don't like vampires, and even though the Devs have made them strictly player-controlled, as in they don't just 'drop' in on your Sims or randomly invade your Sims' town — you have to have an active Sim read and study about them. That's fine, that's great. Sounds as if they've discovered a way to head-off the Zombie invasion mess created in Sims3. Kudos to them. Vampires were always just included in the Sims. Even before we got Supernaturals for Sims3, we already had vampires in the game. This time I opted to not have them in my game. And I thank EA for giving me the choice. I'm quite at ease, now, no longer on the fence. I was merely bucking my own sensibilities on the matter. Phew, dodged that phaser-blast!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    simmey1 wrote: »

I bet this is correct because I don't play aliens ever, and I never see them in my game. None are generated. I have never used the telescope and have never been abducted.

A little less so for Aliens: There've been reports of completely random alien abduction, and I've had it in one save myself, but it's relatively rare (since they nerfed it being frequent like it was at launch). My sense is that they made a better kind-of-like-an-off-switch this time. It might not be foolproof, but it seemed to be for the people doing that test. It might just make it so rare that they couldn't get it happening.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I really dislike Chinese food. I am not willing to go to a Chinese restaurant and eat Chinese food.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    So, are you upset that you can never have a fortune cookie then?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2017

I am not upset at all. I am illustrating through absurdity the point that one need not purchase a pack if the content does not sufficiently interest them. Unlike previous iterations of The Sims, the dev team has partitioned vampires in their own pack for The Sims 4, meaning that one does not have to take said vampires if they want the rest of the features of an Expansion Pack. This is akin to a Chinese restaurant, which by definition prepares and serves only Chinese cuisine as opposed to serving pizza and requiring the customer to take General Tso's Chicken as well.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. The game really generates vampires some time later after you delete all the vampires in household management. I know that because I have a club which requires to be a vampire. So it's easy to see if there are new vampires in my game. I check it from time to time and delete some vampire townies in household management if I don't like them. Few days later the deleted vampires are replaced with new ones. There are always about 4-5 randomly generated homeless vampire townies in my game. Though they don't demonstrate their dark nature usually :smile: They have normal skin colour, eyes, etc. But at night they sometimes use their powers and even drink plasma from other sims.

So if you really don't like vampires, I think it's better not to buy this pack. You can't totally avoid vampire theme if you have Vampires GP installed.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I wouldnt spend 20 dollars on a buffet just to get a fortune cookie and then complain that Im being charged for a buffet that i bought but didnt eat.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    I got that, but thank you. I should have added a smiley, I suppose.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    no one is making you play with vamps, that's entirely up to you. I don't like playing with pets, so see there is something for everyone.
  • Options
    I will be using mods to get rid of vampires altogether once I purchase this pack. They're a horrible addition to the game.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I will be using mods to get rid of vampires altogether once I purchase this pack. They're a horrible addition to the game.

Once a mod is out there that will completely remove them, I'd be more inclined to buy the Vampire pack as well.

That being said, I have Get To Work and I NEVER ever see aliens which is fantastic. In fact, I forget they even exist in my game unless someone mentions them on the board.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

The sims 4 adding somehing horrible!? I thought you were a super fan! The sims 4 is the best game ever made, nothing is ever bad about it. /s
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Brinn wrote: »

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. The game really generates vampires some time later after you delete all the vampires in household management. I know that because I have a club which requires to be a vampire. So it's easy to see if there are new vampires in my game. I check it from time to time and delete some vampire townies in household management if I don't like them. Few days later the deleted vampires are replaced with new ones. There are always about 4-5 randomly generated homeless vampire townies in my game. Though they don't demonstrate their dark nature usually :smile: They have normal skin colour, eyes, etc. But at night they sometimes use their powers and even drink plasma from other sims.

So if you really don't like vampires, I think it's better not to buy this pack. You can't totally avoid vampire theme if you have Vampires GP installed.

So you have a Vampire you created then, if you have a club requirement. That would be one of the things that triggers the game to think you want Vamps around. It's if you do the deletions *and* avoid doing anything to do with vampires that the game seems to stop generating real ones.
  • Options
    NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I dont understand why people are waiting till they have a mod to get rid of vampires before they will purchase the pack. The only vampire i ever see in another neighbourhood is vlad and he just pops to the door every now and again. its not like your whole neighbourhoods are overflooded with vampires. Plus i have get to work and im yet to meet an alien never see them!! Yes the pack is not to everyones taste, but you dont just have to use the items for vampires they would work well with more traditional or victorian houses. If you dont like vampires or the items that come with the pack its simple DONT BUY IT. i think thats the whole point of them creating game packs so that they can release content which isnt big enough to go into an expansion pack and then simmers can pick and choose which content they would like in their games. RANT OVER.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

But why buying this pack if you don't want vampires? All the new clothes, hairstyles and objects are vampire/gothic themed. It's much easier not to have this pack for you than trying to get rid of it's main feature. Besides if you don't purchase a pack you don't like, you vote with you wallet.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    The vampire pack is probably the best one they've made so far. You anti-vampire people are missing out. ;P
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2017
    The only time I see aliens in the wild is when I trigger them to be in the world via going to alien night at the bar or working in the science career. Just don't do these things and it's unlikely you'll run into them or have them generate into your game at all. Once in a very blue mood I'll have one pop up without doing those other two things but it's hasn't happened in over a year (pre-Get Together I think that the fact that there's an actual night for them might haves stopped them from randomly generating now) in any of my games over multiple saves so...it's very, very rare.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I guess some people just really want a fortune cookie, even though they do not like Chinese food ... :smiley:
    Anyway, I have a save in which I play a vampire in Forgotton Hollow. Lots of vampires. I have another save in which I play in Newcrest. Never went to Forgotton Hollow, never researched vampires etc. Have not seen a vampire yet in 2 sim weeks. But if even the possibility of vampires upsets someone, they probably should not get the pack - at least until there is a mod to remove them completely. All issues and solutions have been explored already. Some people just want to rant. And that's ok too. I don't think the OP was necessarily looking for solutions, maybe just fellow ranters.

we all try ...