Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Winners Announced) Giveaway!! 17th Anniversary Stuff Pack Giveaway.

Comments

• Options
    CicconeSimsCicconeSims Posts: 22 Member
    I don't know what to leave here I mostly like to build or cas for the gallery. My favorite expansion was sims 2 nightlife favorite house build would be the "house of fallen trees" rebuild I posted on the gallery.
    Vintage Glamour is the stuff pack I've been waiting to go on sale
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't know what to leave here I mostly like to build or cas for the gallery. My favorite expansion was sims 2 nightlife favorite house build would be the "house of fallen trees" rebuild I posted on the gallery.
    Vintage Glamour is the stuff pack I've been waiting to go on sale

I'm missing a lot of packs and I can't find any game cards anywhere. The three I'm hoping for the most are Perfect Patio, Backyard and Kid's Room.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Good luck all! :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    I think my favourite expansion has to be a tie in with Sims 2 Pets and Sims 4 City Living.

Sims 2 Pets was really graphically impressing for me at the time and I was amazed at how the dog's fur looked. I also loved how soft the pets looked overall haha, I also remember there being a crazy cat lady Sim. She was an elder and literally had way too many cats, the pets were so adorable in the expansion and there were so many features and new things to do. The warewolves were also a welcome edition as you could also literally befriend wolfs which in all honestly was really cool.

When it comes to Sim 4 City Living, I really think the atmosphere makes the expansion stand out. I feel like there is so much happening around my Sims apartment and I feel like I am a part of the game more than I did with the base game itself. I like also being able to go downstairs and walk around meeting my neighbours without the loading screen, I think I also especially love when my Sim does indoor activities like watch the TV and outside my window I can see the alive statue and people eating at the tables which just shows the world is progressing more than ever before. The apartment traits only add to the fun, there are so many traits for the apartment that I actually don't know what to choose because I want to try all of the apartment traits :x currently I am playing with the haunted and the breeze trait because my Sim is the athletic type. Which is so far my favourite aspiration, I really enjoy the feature of having energy drinks and the way my Sim is way more active and ready for adventure.

The festivals really bring different Sims together through and it makes the game so much more interesting, the first festival I went to was geekcon at first I was really confused about what was happening but I feel like it was designed in a way to help people learn what to do quickly, so in no time I was able to enjoy the festival to the fullest. I am currently collecting snow globes and I am placing them above my fireplace, I am also collecting posters from the neighbourhood I am not sure if I want to hang them yet or if I will decide to sell them on the flea market.

I was pleasently surprised to see the amount of foreign names in the City Living expansion, I have seen a huge amount of Japanese names and when it comes to the festivals (like the romance festival) you can see the amount of research the development team at Maxis put into making the festivals accurate. Sakura tea is indeed a tea that exists in Japan, it isn't commonly heard of in the West so the accuracy is very welcomed into the game and made it all the much better. I think the feature of your Sims learning to use the chopsticks is funny and awesome because it is so true and realistic no one sits at a table knowing how to use chopsticks in the West (going from the perspective that the game is not Japanese).

I want to attach a photo of the view from my apartment but unfortunately I am a new member and cannot post links so there is no way for me to show it.

When it comes to things I have done in the Sims well when I first started playing the Sims I done some crazy things like creating a family with too many toddlers, this of course caused huge issues in the game haha as it was pretty much unbereable for the Sims.

I think the funniest thing I remember in The Sims series is the amount of times Sims had to run to the bathroom in the Sims 2, it was like they all needed to live in the bathroom.

Currently I am playing only with one Sim in the Sims 4 (Skylar Lang), she is a young adult and I want to complete all aspirations in the game and skills to the full level. I also want her to make a career out of writing songs and licensing them. However currently she is working on her athletic aspiration and singing going to the karaoke to sing often. She sometimes sings in duets and it is questionable as the Sims she dueted with once was not such a good singer. She isn't currently looking for love and is mostly just being a young adult, flirting with Sims but it never getting to a relationship stage. However she completely failed on the romance festival (everyone denied her when it came to romantic actions) and when she finally got accepted when it came to actions like "flirt" the Sim she was flirty with was married so she backed out.
    I think a funny event in the game that I have encountered is the haunted trait. I was sure that my Sim will be living in fear of a ghost/ghosts, I however came to find that she befriended this elderly ghost named Frank. So in a summary I am living with a friendly ghost in the house.

Skylar Lang has an obsession with basketball through, most of the time when I go to the gym with her she starts going to the basketball court, and sometimes when I need her to do another sports activity she does it for a bit, stops and proceeds to fo to the basketball court again. Then she comes back embarrassed because someone seen her dreaming big haha.

-UnrealRoot.
    PS: I am not a tree.
    PSS: I am not a unreal tree.

I want to add photos to my entry, I made my entry before the deadline, not sure if the deadline is on yet but if it is please ignore my photos and just keep my original entry made before the deadline!
    This is my current Sim that I am playing with
    amgkpv.pngctjzao.png
    This was during a scene were the neighbour wanted to hug my Sim but she is unflirty and got scared and denied the hug!
    This is my room (please ignore another neighbour using my PC haha!)
    fkyzjk.png
    This is my living room view which I love:
    exccuc.png
    shdwbe.png
    My Sim even with the first photo, can be happy too!
    veynjm.png
    I am sorry for the lack of amazing photos :x I just made her and I wanted to get some photos before the deadline ^^ I didn't want to be late and I am not currently playing so I can't make more screenshots :x gotta eat dinner and sleep and stop simming sometimes haha!

Her traits are: Active, Unflirty and Loving Outdoors.
    I have no idea why I have put every trait in capitals, probably because it is written that way in the game.
    Her name is Elena Mungbean (my very good friend has come up with her surname xd it sounds nice & cute so I like it).
    Her colour styles are mostly light brown and delicate colours, kind of a delicate autumn look is what she is going for when it comes to clothes, her furniture is all white through like in the pictures. She is young and probably? likes to party. I made her room kind of stylish and a room a young adults might have that just finished teenage years and are into the same things she is.
    I hope you like her! She has custom content but I feel that her looks show a lot of her personality! ^-^

Thank you again for doing this competition and I am grateful for a chance to enter the competition!

Edit: I deleted a part of my message, I didn't add anything :x that would be unfair since the deadline is already here.

Good Luck Simmers!
    Post edited by UnrealRoot on
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited February 2017
    My favorite sim is my main sim, Lina (not a sim self, just gave her my name).

33cc3883ea.jpg
    Lina is part of a secondary Alien race I made up before I could get GTW. She was separated from her family at a young age, and was raised by humans who told her to hide her true origins at all costs.

Later in life she was reunited with her biological family, and quickly turned against this method of thinking. She now has a brood of children all her own and can't imagine denying them their rich roots, and does everything she can to encourage them to embrace everything that they are.
    She just had an adorable set of twins.

61e8d99707.jpg

Her and her husband are completely enamored with them.

13c08245df.jpg

4f2f345357.jpg

She loves gardening, and participating in her community. She is co-chairwoman of the local scouts organization, and lead the renovation on the Willow Creek park.

6fc5f5f3e8.jpg

The first day it opened, the local scouts gathered. (All but the guy in the upper right are children of hers).
    356b0ee368.jpg

This is my longest standing family, and will always be my favorite.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    skylar188skylar188 Posts: 49 Member
    My favorite thing about the sims is creating and raising a family and just doing new things and having fun. :)
  • Options
    gretamode1gretamode1 Posts: 50 Member
    @simgirl1010

I would have to say that my most vivid memory of the Sims was my very first play-through with Sims 2. I started out with this blond character in a red wide polka-dot dress, and her husband, a brown-haired guy. I don't remember everything about that household, a lot of stuff went wrong, because I wasn't used to the game yet. No one in the family ended up with a nice house, and no one got far in their careers. It was all about this family just trying to get by, and I was along for the ride. I just had so much fun, time went by so fast. I played a lot of households after that, but I never forgot what it felt like that first time around.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Giveaway is now closed. Winners will be announced later today. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

Can't wait :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

Can't wait :)

Me too I am excited :x
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member

This is reall generous of you... can't wait!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Agreed, thanks @simgirl1010

Also, whatever the outcome, I loved reading all of your posts! Good luck everyone :love:
  • Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    This was a great thread for all of these amazing simming stories. Good luck everyone and don't forget to just have fun!
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thank you for doing this!!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    CaronFitzgeraldCaronFitzgerald Posts: 5 New Member
    I started playing the "sims" late in life (almost 4 years ago). Started with TS3-however I do have TS2. I have most of TS3, and all of (but 1 stuff pack) TS4. I began playing when my husband passed away-33 yrs. of a great marriage. So; with my Sims family, I am able to relive all those wonderful times I shared with him. My Sims get me through those special dates (B'days, Christmas, Mothers' Day, Anniversaries-ect.,ect.,ect.) that meant so much to us. I actually don't have a favorite base game. I do favor: pets, toddlers, and now vampires. Thanks to TS-for helping me keep my sanity!!
  • Options
    GrammaWineGrammaWine Posts: 5 New Member
    I started playing in the early millennium. I often babysat for my friend and she had bought SimCity. Everytime I babysat, I'd play it. Later on, she bought the Sims and I played that, too. I finally bought Sims 2 and then Sims 3 and now I have Sims 4. I think my all-time favorite out of them was Sims 3, just because of the options to change patterns and colors. I'd decorate rooms in the homes with themes like a pink rubber duckie bathroom complete with walls, floors and so on. Sims 3 took forever to load because I was always adding new options and the game, consequently, was a behemoth. I really like Sims 4, but it is pretty much a completely different game in that it concentrates on character development and doesn't place so much emphasis on design.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for sharing your simming memories. The hardest part of these giveaways is selecting winners and I wish I could give everyone a stuff pack just for entering.

The winners are @Keks_Milch, @SimTrippy, and @UnrealRoot. Congrats! Please let me know which stuff pack you'd like.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited February 2017
    OMG!! I did never expect to win after reading all the entries. Everyones story was so nice to read!
    I would love the perfect patio sp. This is really kind of you! <3
    Thank you so much simgirl1010! You made my whole week!!! :blush:
    edit: I am not sure how gifting works yet^^ my origin ID is: Milk_Cookie_Maid
    And of course! Congratulations to UnrealRoot and SimTrippy too!
    Post edited by Keks_Milch on
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for sharing your simming memories. The hardest part of these giveaways is selecting winners and I wish I could give everyone a stuff pack just for entering.

The winners are @Keks_Milch, @SimTrippy, and @UnrealRoot. Congrats! Please let me know which stuff pack you'd like.

WOW! I can't believe I won, I am so so happy! thank you! um I would like the cool kitchen stuff pack please ^_^ my ID is: Yandure
    thank you so much for this amazing opportunity and I am very grateful! I still cannot believe I won, thank you!
    and congratulations to the other simmers who won!
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Congrats to all the winners!

@simgirl1010 Thank you for the opportunity :). It's always so nice you do these things for people.
    I will share one last screeny, my favorite graphics glitch to date.

c9415a688a.jpg
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Congrats, winners!! :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Congratz to the winners! And a big thank you to simgirl1010 for the awesome giveaway. I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments, one of the best threads to really get you pumped up to play the game.
  • Options
    RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member

Congrats you three!! and thanks for hosting simgirl1010...

Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Ohhhhhhhh thank you @simgirl1010 !!!! :love::love: What great news to wake up to!! I honestly wasn't prepared for this after reading everyone's entries, but I'm soooooo happy :D My ID is Joanne_Snow on origin, and I'd like to wait for the bowling SP as I have the other ones already :blush: