Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making sims without a ton of CC.

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @GaiaHypothesis I am offended you have chosen not to include any pictures of gorgeous Laken !
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    @GaiaHypothesis I am offended you have chosen not to include any pictures of gorgeous Laken !

@Pary Just for you!
    32616094071_1382626bb0_o.jpg

But he's not a very good example of sims that don't have much for CC. ;) He loves you anyways.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ahhh... *swoons* <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Pary wrote: »

@Pary Just for you!
    32616094071_1382626bb0_o.jpg

But he's not a very good example of sims that don't have much for CC. ;) He loves you anyways.
    And Andre...? Pretty please :mrgreen: ?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Santa Claus...pweeeeaassse! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Yesyesyes! (him too lol)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    @JoAnne65 I keep saying this but I totally need to get back to that save. They were so much fun. (And also Andre only has 1 CC slider for his nose bump, so he's almost a CC minimal sim!)
    32749923785_b66aa03262_o.jpg

@aricarai Ho Ho Ho!!!
    31906646614_2747b8c548_o.jpg
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    :o Oh my! I know they're just pixels but... <3 Hot! <3 lol!
  • Options
    Good God Santa is seeeexxxxxyyyyyy!
  • Options
    Good God Santa is seeeexxxxxyyyyyy!
  • Options
    Heeheeeee, thanks for the treat!
    (Andre 's still my favourite somehow, and the family; I've still got that wishacy bookmarked so nothing will go unnoticed :blush: )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited February 2017
    Goodness, these sims are fantastic! I used to be afraid to download CC for my game and played vanilla for a long time. I'm still incredibly leery about it, but I came to trust MTS. Now I love non-default skin and eyes and the occasional eyebrow. I have a couple of CC hairs also, but I don't want to bog down my game too much.
    I like to make "elves" for DV and these two are CC skin and eyes and maybe an eyebrow. Maxis makeup and hair, although, I used MC to put a male hair on the red-head. I thought it looked cute on her. :p
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

By the way, I just learned that I can take screenshots in CAS! I could have sworn that I tried it before and it didn't work. I'm such a noob! :D
  • Options
    @Odonata68 I love your medieval fairytale like sims!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
  • Options
    LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    All are so cute!!
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Such good looking sims, I'm jealous!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2017
    before and after pictures of an NPC burglar in my game (I rolled the random name generator several times and ended up with Quinn Rivera. I tried to make him look more like his name and more mature, more threatening and better looking. :) )
    QuinnBeforeAfter_zpsxd2getzw.jpg
    There are only 2 pieces of CC added to the after picture. The rest of the difference is changing the EA sliders from their "pudding" (all zeros) settings and the application of the EA eyeliner that gives the appearance of bottom lashes. Since I use a default replacement skin and default replacement eyes both the before and after versions have those and also a CC brow that I like.

intermediate steps showing the transformation
    The first thing I did was apply the facial hair CC I like. Then I started transforming his head. I wanted a more triangular shape so I made his head a little wider but then decreased his cheek and jaw fullness. I made his cheek bones higher and changed his cheek shape by moving the slider to the left. I moved the jaw shape slider to the left and lowered the jaw to give more distance between the bottom of his nose and the top of his mouth.
    QuinnInterSm_zpsigaexmbz.jpg
    The second picture shows how I changed his features.
    eyes - I darkened the color, decreased the scale to -100, changed the shape by moving th lower apex slightly closer to the nose and the upper apex slightly away from the nose.
    nose - gave it some mass, moved the definition slider almost all the way to the right. Since this made it longer I decreased the length by a little. I moved the rotation slider slightly to the left giving it a slight downward tilt. I gave a little definition to the nostrils.
    mouth - lowered the mouth, gave a slight downward curve to the mouth, decreased the depth of the mouth slightly making the lips pucker a little. I thickened both the top and bottom lip a little.

This shows the use of the blush/face contouring CC. The first picture shows the 3 color channels a little better - 1. nose, forehead and chin shine, 2. blush/cheek shadow and 3. a channel along the jaw line.
    QuinnInter2_zpsgkerdv4c.jpg
    I have the opacity all the way to the right while I get the colors closer to the color I want. Then I push the opacity to the middle so that it is semi-transparent and blends better.

The final changes I made to this second picture to get the results in the "after" picture above were to the brows and mouth to make him less pleasant and more threatening. I lowered the brow and gave it some arch. The mouth I gave more downward curve to make it more sneering and gave it less definition. Then to the upper lip I gave a little shape then made it wider and a little thicker. Along the way I also made his chin smaller in scale, lower and more depth under the lip to compensate for the receding chin decreasing the scale did.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    cwaddell wrote: »
    before and after pictures of an NPC burglar in my game (I rolled the random name generator several times and ended up with Quinn Rivera. I tried to make him look more like his name and more mature, more threatening and better looking. :) )
    QuinnBeforeAfter_zpsxd2getzw.jpg
    There are only 2 pieces of CC added to the after picture. The rest of the difference is changing the EA sliders from their "pudding" (all zeros) settings and the application of the EA eyeliner that gives the appearance of bottom lashes. Since I use a default replacement skin and default replacement eyes both the before and after versions have those and also a CC brow that I like.

intermediate steps showing the transformation
    The first thing I did was apply the facial hair CC I like. Then I started transforming his head. I wanted a more triangular shape so I made his head a little wider but then decreased his cheek and jaw fullness. I made his cheek bones higher and changed his cheek shape by moving the slider to the left. I moved the jaw shape slider to the left and lowered the jaw to give more distance between the bottom of his nose and the top of his mouth.
    QuinnInterSm_zpsigaexmbz.jpg
    The second picture show how I changed his features.
    eyes - I darkened the color, decreased the scale to -100, changed the shape by moving th lower apex slightly closer to the nose and the upper apex slightly away from the nose.
    nose - gave it some mass, move the definition slider almost all the way to the right. Since this made it longer I decreased the length by a little. I moved the rotation slider slightly to the left giving it a slight downward tilt. I gave a little definition to the nostrils.
    mouth - lowered the mouth, gave a slight downward curve to the mouth, decreased the depth of the mouth slightly make the lips pucker a little. I thickened both the top and bottom lip a little.

This shows the use of the blush/face contouring CC. The first picture shows the 3 color channels a little better - 1. nose, forehead and chin shine, 2. blush/cheek shadow and 3. a channel along the jaw line.
    QuinnInter2_zpsgkerdv4c.jpg
    I have the opacity all the way to the right while I get the colors closer to the color I want. Then I push the opacity to the middle so that it is semi-transparent and blends better.

The final changes I made were to the brows and mouth to make him less pleasant and more threatening. I lowered the brow and gave it some arch. The mouth I gave more downward curve to make it more sneering and gave it less definition. Then to the upper lip I gave a little shape then made it wider and a little thicker. Along the way I also made his chin smaller in scale, lower and more depth under the lip to compensate for the receding chin decreasing the scale did.
    This example makes crystal clear what the 'pudding' issue is about. It's not just puffy cheeks, it's also how you place their eyes and mouth in their face. Great job!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Ugh, I'm just terrible at making sims lol. Especially guy sims.

Just spent this evening making my newest family. I wanted to especially concentrate on the teen daughter as she is going to be my main character. I wasn't sure if you age them down, then will they age back up to be exactly how you created them? Here she is as a young adult:
    Libby.jpg?dl=0

I dunno, she looks like a standard sim to me, except maybe her head looks a bit long and narrow?. She could do with some nice freckles but I don't know what else.

Her dad is even worse. I was going for the geeky, inventor look lol.
    Shaun.jpg?dl=0

He definitely looks like a standard sim. With a short square head! Argh!!

I think I need some more cc (and more skill ha ha). I have got the Mango Smoothie default skin but nothing else at the moment.
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    This is my last post before pictures, I can't wait to show you my White Witch Aurora Goode from Dragon Valley!! All your Sims are gorgeous, just shows you what using the sliders can do if you take your time with it. Not a pudding face to be seen. :D
  • Options
    @elanorbreton I genuinely like them both! Why aren't you content?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    [img][/img]Screenshot-13_zpsucynbdr6.jpg

Screenshot-14_zpsds5csxtt.jpg

So this is Aurora! For some reason she looks kind of sad in that photo! She's a bit shy so maybe she's just a bit nervous about getting her photo taken. ;) She's a good witch living in Dragon Valley, and so she just goes around the beautiful world brightening everyone's day. In my imagination she also is a healer, visiting locals to cure them of their ills. :)

Absolutely no cc, I'm just new to taking good screenshots so bear with me! :)

Looks like she's thinking 'ah another day another dollar' :D

Screenshot-27_zps5mw8si1g.jpg

She's happy because she's looking at food. I feel ya' sista.

Screenshot-31_zpssa5o864o.jpg

Did I remember to turn that oven off?

Screenshot-25_zps6spetuyt.jpg

Wooo I can finally join you with all the pictures!
  • Options
    @HARIBOWS She's lovely! And she's got a very sweet personality as well, I like she's a witch.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 Why thank you very much! I love your Sim in your profile picture, what's her name again??? She's such a unique looking Sim in all her photos.