Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have I completely lost all my enthusiasm and hope for The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Here is my 2 cents on this post op the best advice i can give you is put the sims4 aside for a bit and take a long break maybe a month or 2 and during this break play other games and maybe after not playing for a while say after 2 months or more depending on what you decide, try sims4 again maybe during this long break the game might get content that might intress you in my case when i am not in the mood to play sims4 or went to take a break from the game i play romance of the three kingdoms xiii on my ps4 or play on my ipad or watch tv. Sometime it can be benefical and a good thing to take a break from the game, I know for 1 thing that i love the sims4 but when i feel i need a break from the game even if its a week or 2 weeks i take a small break.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Every time I see this sort of thing from the usual suspects I think about how awful it would be if I were to spend years on the Bethesda forums ranting about those games that I do not enjoy. It is a good thing that I do not subject myself to that sort of misery, and rather choose to concentrate on the games that I enjoy.
  • Options
    I should also add that this is the only forum that I have ever seen where people try to frame petty squabbling and trolling over which iteration a game series is the best as a service to the community. Nothing comes from those sorts of things other than resentment and internet factionalism.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I should also add that this is the only forum that I have ever seen where people try to frame petty squabbling and trolling over which iteration a game series is the best as a service to the community. Nothing comes from those sorts of things other than resentment and internet factionalism.

Oh, I dunno. Which version of Fallout is best can get pretty heated :lol:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options

It certainly can. Much more heated, by my experience. But nobody there is saying that the internet cage match that ensues there is a form of community service deserving of thanks and praise.
  • Options

It certainly can. Much more heated, by my experience. But nobody there is saying that the internet cage match that ensues there is a form of community service deserving of thanks and praise.

Indeed. This community is pretty unique I would say and for all the arguments it is definitely one of my favourites. It immediately struck me when I joined a couple of years ago that many players here simply don't play other games - just the Sims. I think that makes quite a difference.

It is has been my experience that there is a lot of support from other players and rarely do I have to wait long for solutions to be posted if I am having any difficulties or want to know something. I have had some really great conversations on these forums. So definitely not all bad.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options

Indeed. This community is pretty unique I would say and for all the arguments it is definitely one of my favourites. It immediately struck me when I joined a couple of years ago that many players here simply don't play other games - just the Sims. I think that makes quite a difference.

It is has been my experience that there is a lot of support from other players and rarely do I have to wait long for solutions to be posted if I am having any difficulties or want to know something. I have had some really great conversations on these forums. So definitely not all bad.

I agree that it is unique, but I am on the opposite end in terms of my personal outlook regarding it. I do not enjoy this community, which is why I spend much less time here than I used to. My use for the forum is that it acts as a reservoir for any news regarding The Sims 4. Regardless of where new information is found, it all collects here. And so I check it regularly for updates. Once pets and seasons are released I will have no real use for it, and will be gone.
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member

This ^^
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options

I agree that it is unique, but I am on the opposite end in terms of my personal outlook regarding it. I do not enjoy this community, which is why I spend much less time here than I used to. My use for the forum is that it acts as a reservoir for any news regarding The Sims 4. Regardless of where new information is found, it all collects here. And so I check it regularly for updates. Once pets and seasons are released I will have no real use for it, and will be gone.

Shame that. It is only really a handful of threads in GD and Feedback that get heated. The other boards dedicated to modding, creativity, etc are very, very civilised.

I have mostly found general discussion in any game board to be where most of the brawling takes place with the other areas of the forum absolutely on point
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    Big_Boy_Bmw760LiBig_Boy_Bmw760Li Posts: 93 Member
    I am enjoying the game more than ever. This is the best sims game yet for me. The sims look so real!
  • Options
    CrownedGDCrownedGD Posts: 73 Member
    The game is still fun to me, but it is sorely lacking of making me want to play it again, and again. The only way it's fun to me is when I use my imagination and create stories for my Sims, but sometimes there is a lack of sync with my imagination, and how the game actually is. The Sims 4 isn't the game I was hoping it would be, that's for sure. It's early, I know, but the base game of the Sims 5 should have MORE than the base game of the Sims 2, 3, and 4. Meaning, it should have weather at least to the basic level (snow, rain, heatwaves), you should be able to participate in competitive sports.

And a non-buggy open world would be amazing. But that's my hope for the Sims 5. I still have over 500 hours on the Sims 4 because I enjoy it as long as I'm using creativity, but it is getting more and more difficult to stick to. I've basically beat the game when I got up to 9 million money, leveled up all the skills for one Sim, and unlocked all of the aspirations. I wish these things actually had an impact on the game- like Sims actually acknowledge you are a millionaire, or that you're skillful.

Also that's another thing. The game needs more impact on the things that you accomplish in it, and for the events that happen. There should be drama in High Schools, and actual goals when having a party- I don't mean completing mundane tasks for a higher rating, but something like if a Sim's Birthday, then the goal of the party would be to make that Sim happy by giving gifts, or making their favorite food, or doing their favorite hobby. If it's a house party, then the goal is to hype up the party (ON YOUR OWN) so first you'll need music, and to hype up the Sims so they get in a flirty mood, or juiced up, and there should be minor events that happen in the parties that could crash it if you don't take care of it.

A game where everything have more of an impact was what I was hoping for Sims 4. It doesn't look like it's going to be that game, so I have to create the impact and drama on my own.
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member

Shame that. It is only really a handful of threads in GD and Feedback that get heated. The other boards dedicated to modding, creativity, etc are very, very civilised.

I have mostly found general discussion in any game board to be where most of the brawling takes place with the other areas of the forum absolutely on point
    The speculation and rumour section can get quite rowdy at times too! :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I love how so many people have taken up "the game is flawed at it's core" as their next complaint after toddlers were added. I knew it would be like this, I predicted it almost 2 years ago in this same forums. It's not helpful though. With toddlers, the devs heard the community and made the game better for everyone. But now "the game is flawed at it's core", as if it hadn't improved at all since launch. You can't point to the elusive flawed core and say what it is, and if you do so, it's a handful of features that are not in TS4 yet, even though there are even more TS4 exclusive features that are missing from the other games. There is a lot of time left for TS4. Fan favorite EPs will come, missing features will be patched along with brand new ones, and once it's complete and TS5 comes, that one will be incomplete even though it can be an advancement in the series. It's always how it goes.

You've certainly got a point :) But I think when they say the core they really just mean the way the game is set up in general. If you don't like emotions, for example, which make traits more emotion-based and less action-based than they were before, then yes, there's a really high probability you'll never like any of it. Personally, I believe that the emotions have been tweaked in good ways, and I hope they'll continue to do so, because I can certainly see the fun in manipulating them, as long as they don't become too chaotic by changing too fast or just being a bit difficult to relate to. If they're done well, I can have a lot of fun with it (although every now and then I wished some traits were a tiny bit more action based, i.e. slobs not ever cleaning autonomously instead of getting tense when they do, or neat sims autonomously cleaning - and making the bed if we could :'( - instead of getting tense when it isn't clean, etc. .. but some traits are more fleshed out and work better than others, I guess, so this doesn't apply to all of them :))
  • Options
    ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    It's probably mean to say that I'll likely have a bit of a laugh when Sims 5 launches with less in its base game than all previous versions. I'm not sure why people keep believing that weather/seasons will be included in it. It never has, and EA knows that people really dig that sort of thing so they'll squeeze whatever they can from their consumers by way of add-on content.

People complained when TS3 came out that it didn't have as much as TS2, and TS4 not as much as TS3. What makes people think that this formula is magically going to change? Because they gave feedback? Heh. As someone said earlier, the devs might want to give you that, but those corporate hoo-ha's that make the decisions about what goes in and what condition a game is released in don't care. They just want your money, and add-on content is how they get it.

Large game companies put out less and less with their products at release each year and rely on patching and dlc to complete their games. The Sims is not alone in this.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    ibaeshaC wrote: »
    It's probably mean to say that I'll likely have a bit of a laugh when Sims 5 launches with less in its base game than all previous versions. I'm not sure why people keep believing that weather/seasons will be included in it. It never has, and EA knows that people really dig that sort of thing so they'll squeeze whatever they can from their consumers by way of add-on content.

People complained when TS3 came out that it didn't have as much as TS2, and TS4 not as much as TS3. What makes people think that this formula is magically going to change? Because they gave feedback? Heh. As someone said earlier, the devs might want to give you that, but those corporate hoo-ha's that make the decisions about what goes in and what condition a game is released in don't care. They just want your money, and add-on content is how they get it.

Large game companies put out less and less with their products at release each year and rely on patching and dlc to complete their games. The Sims is not alone in this.

They actually tried to include weather in TS2's base game, so it's not like that's something they would never ever do (it was just way too buggy). Not saying they will in TS5 though, as I agree with you that money is money and that it matters, but hey, never say never. I'm sure there's tons of other cash cow themes they can come up with besides seasons ;)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    TDU90 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Keep in mind Sims 4 was that - different and all new vision" Sims game - keep that in mind because it was not a sims game to many of us veterans, The devs did try the all new approach and frankly to many of us it rotted. We said it was not a Sims game - it was either a side game or a Sims Parody game - and it was new alright - didn't even look like past Sims game - had no heart and soul or humor of the past Sims games, THIS was your all new Sims game and it rotted. That vision was so skewered many of us could not even recognize the game. It did not fit in anywhere in the life and times of the Sims like each former game - and come to find out it was not intended to - it was going in the all new direction the all new voices kept yelling for and I can tell you I didn't like it and so did many long time simmers voiced. Take all new and shove it!!!!

No what did people say? They complained.
    Rocketship! Gigantic telescope you expect to see these things in a science or space center - not a Sims yard. How about color saturated pixar design. Excuse me this is supposed to be a Sims game not a Pixar cartoon. Don't even get me started on backdrops and fx!!!!! if my Sims can't see something i don't want to see it and if they can't go there then leave it in pictures - it shouldn't be part of the map. I am not fooled or joyous to just see stuff in a game. It's a game not a movie.

The protests were everywhere - and what were we screaming? Toddler! Pools! Cars! Hot Tubs! Basements! Split levels! Supernaturals! Maps editing - empty lots - real ROADS for real cars! I could go on and on the list from past Sims games is very long and these are and were the things people want besides a Sims game they can associate with and actually recognize! That's what we want! We don't really like ALL new or something else when we expect a Sims game. When it shares a title - The Sims with a number after that title - then we expect an actual recognizable Sims game - not some strange concoction we for the most part hardly recognize - never mind does not fit in the history of the Sims 1-3. Oh and we darn sure do not want it going backwards. The worse trick done ever was taking us all the way back to Sims 1 with crib babies that turn into 10 year olds. That was so 17 years ago and as bad as it could be.

It seems every time the Sims 4 steps back into a bit of space of where the 4th rendition of this game should have been when it began - people come back and give it another go. The toddlers were HUGE!!!! No lie - they should have always been in the Sims 4 and perhaps had they been there as the game was built all the life stages would have been as wonderfully done as they are and the game would be reaching a much more welcomed audience and people who might have been able to better embrace the oddities and all new things like Pixar and oversize home telescopes and rocket ships.

But new - sure I like new stuff but I do not want the base of the game to be so out there many of us can never feel quite at home with it. New means nothing when I cannot embrace or connect with the base game. The base game has to be a base I can all get on board with and be something recognizable to the long time players like me and welcoming to people new. But the base game need all the human life stages in tact and fully fleshed out as individuals that people can relate to in real life - that is what makes it a life simulation is the very characters the game gets it's name from to start with. Once the Sims themselves are all intact and done as well as these new toddlers are - we have the makings of an actual Sims game and it can go almost anywhere after that - but we need a base a real Sims base - not sims just randomly thrown together or so it seems to me with the Sims 4 - when this base game came out.

It should not have taken nearly 2 and a half years to have started feeling like a Sims game - for all of us - especially the veterans - some of who know their Sims better than they know even their real life friends and family. We NEED the base game to be all that. We don't want new beyond recognition. Maybe teens in real life are 6 foot tall - the fact is 13 starts teen hood and many of us do not have 6 feet tall 13 year olds - so that is yet still another flaw that is new to the Sims 4 - that hardly anyone likes. There is many instances of things that goes against what The Sims has always meant to many of us - so we buy the game - and even though many of us complain about costs - we still keep buying all the "pieces" that builds the game over 5 or so years - but if our first view of the new Sims game is so foreign - all we can do is say "What's that and where is this or that?" That base game is not done right. The Sims is not just any other game - it has always been pretty much unlike any other game - but not many of us go into a new rendition and not really recognize our beloved game at all like what happened with Sims 4.

That all said I can say after 2 and half years of anguish for me with the Sims 4 - I have finally been able to enjoy the Sims 4 - thanks to the amazing, wonderful toddlers, and then my second love in the Sims of supernaturals - the occults - the Vamps are here and they too are done beautifully. I still feel the toddlers though should have been in the game in Sept 2, 2014 with all the same care and devotion to them should have been given to all the Sims in the base game. Yes I am now happy with my Sims play time - and I do finally look forward to what is to come with hopes it is made as well as these toddlers and the Vamps.

I do not agree with 99 percent of this. To me sims 4 has way more soul than sims 3 and what you call pixar in a negative light, is the art style that i really love and prefer a lot more than the flat dull look of sims 3. You do not speak for all or most sims players. And yes i have played since sims 1.

Sims feel a lot more alive now that they cry when they are sad and sulk when they are in a bad mood. They are really really colorful.

I SAID BASE GAME - before any enhancements or tweaking. Not now - 2 and half years after base game came out - or did you just miss that very important point? They did not pout or cry real tears or even notice their own family died in base game - now did they in Sims 4? IF you read the whole post you would know I said NOW - 2 and a half years later that I can FINALLY enjoy Sims 4 - but you tell me how many things do you buy in real life and not expect to enjoy it for 2 and a half years later? Really - just try very hard to think back before packs and freebies and patches - that is the Sims 4 I am talking about because of the post I was responding to.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    MorriSan wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Hm. I've seen a lot of posts from the OP and they tend to offer the same arguments. I was curious what H was angry about NOW. What I took away is that they, before 4 went live, wanted an apple. We got a banana. Both fruit, but B not to the OPs taste and just because the banana got extra flavor with time ( a little ice cream, some chocolate...) it will NEVER be an apple.

Fighting about taste is pretty pointless. Peole like what they like. Some like both bananas and apples....

What annoys me is that some people who don't like the core concept of Sims4 are very free with calling it shallow and other not so nice adjectives, which strongly implies that people who like it might be shallow too. I've played since Sims1 (yes, I am that old) and every iteration had a unique feel. I loved 1, was meh about 2, liked 3 and love 4. Does that make me easy or easily satisfied? Please keep in mind that I play two franchises regularly: Sims and World of Warcraft, nothing else because it doesn't interest me enough. I'm very picky about what I play. Some Eps in both games don't interest me, ergo I don't play them, it's that easy. Calling me shallow will get me annoyed very fast.

@Mchap353 those fantastic gaming laptops are, for me (and the majority of people), like glittering jewels behind a shopping window where I might press my nose to but never be able to buy in time for it to be top of the art. The industry is fast, but it will be years until they get affordable and until then the 'competition games' will require the new next gen of gaming machines. It's a viscious circle.

One reason why Sims (and WoW, come to think of it) are so successfull and have a huge player base (millions, not hundred thoussands) is that they don't require a high end machine. If Sims5 came out within the year, with the content of 3's basic, the new building and CAS options of 4, open world, more intelligent NPCs, more detailed world.... I know my computer would explode.

Morrisan

Some people just take other's dislike for the sims four far too personally.
    Are you for real lol?
    So if I think city living plum. I think people who love it also suck?
    How the plum did you work that out?
    So you can't handle the negitive stuff and then twist it to sound like if somebody think its swallow thinks your swallow
    We are taking about the game dear not you :#
    Get a grip.
    Yes its annoying to you seeing that not everybody thinks the game rocks. That's how it is but don't try to twist it into something else.

Strongly implies your shallow to lol

Maybe it might be best for you it ignore negative feedback comments and stop trying to twist them in to some kind of personal hate.to simmers who love the games.

I'm not going to fight with you but going by your very rude and very aggressive response I hit a spot, eh? And try to apply a little bit of reading comprehension, pay attention to words like 'some players' for example and that I never said they intended to be so insulting. I've got a thick skin but there's a reason people avoid this section of the forums. There's big difference between expressing dislike for a game or a feature of a game as a personal reason and making statements like: "could never like it because it is so shallow". Or, a variation I've also seen in the past: "I can't understand how anyone can like this shallow plum. EA is milking people with an unfinished game." How is that not heavily implying that people who don't agree are plum? I' neither blind nor is my memory spotty and I remember names and the lines tally up.

Repeating myself: Fighting about taste is pretty pointless. Peole like what they like. Some like both bananas and apples

But when you apply VALUE to TASTE...

Skyrim is a universally, critically acclaimed game. I bought it and hated it, yet I was objective enough to notice that it is a fantastic, high quality game. It was just not to my taste.

That cannot be said of The Sims 4 base game. It's a game that's supposed to be based on real life and its purpose is to allow the player to control a simulated life of a human. Yet it has babies that are only allowed to be interacted with at a bassinet, no toddlers, children that go to bars, teenagers that look like adults, and virtually no unique abilities or differences between the life states.

There are no usable vehicles because sims teleport everywhere and there is no in-game explanation. Even MMORPGs have lore appropriate explanations to explain teleporting/fast travel because they know it is immersion breaking. Yet a game that is based on real life doesn't bother.

Then you have the fact that you cannot specify family relationships in CAS other than immediate, and the sims in live mode of the game do not recognise relatives as being related. Sims didn't react to sims for over a year until it was patched. There is no way for a sim to be informed when a relative or friend dies off the loaded lot. Sims do not remember anything. Have a fight and two seconds later they will be grinning at each other. Yet this is supposed to be game about the relationships between sims!

The above alone objectively points out this is not a high quality game; it is a poor game. Yes, people might find it fun, but that does not make it high quality.

Add in the tablet game map, traits that do not make sims unique and are overridden by the binary emotion system, the closed world nature of the game (unacceptable for a game of this era), NPCs that perform their job poorly and a routing system that lets sims just walk through each other and you have one poor quality, mess of a game.

Yes, toddlers are here so that mistake has been rectified. Yes vampires are fantastic and the quality of that pack is high, but everything else in game is lacklustre and poor. Sim A.I. needs attention asap.

You may like the game and there is nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend this is a high quality game when it quite clearly isn't.

This is just a sill childish opinion. To say something is not high quality because you dont like it. Still not getting why you and others are still attacking this game rather than moving on and enjoying something you do like. I never talk about sims 3 outside of these anti sims 4 rants.

Really if sims 3 is such a perfectly fun game why arent you playing more than you are trashing sims 4? Why are sims 3 fanatics waiting for sims 5? I thought sims 3 was already perfect? What is sims 3 missing that youre looking for another game?
    Can't speak for any Sims 3 fan out there but I can speak for myself: what Sims 3 is missing is new content. I still play Sims 3 more often than I play Sims 4 because it's so rich, so full, there are so many things to do, so many angles. But you see, most of it I already explored, because I played the game for six years. For three years on a daily basis, after that a little less but still very often. So what on earth are you even talking about.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Hm. I've seen a lot of posts from the OP and they tend to offer the same arguments. I was curious what H was angry about NOW. What I took away is that they, before 4 went live, wanted an apple. We got a banana. Both fruit, but B not to the OPs taste and just because the banana got extra flavor with time ( a little ice cream, some chocolate...) it will NEVER be an apple.

Fighting about taste is pretty pointless. Peole like what they like. Some like both bananas and apples....

What annoys me is that some people who don't like the core concept of Sims4 are very free with calling it shallow and other not so nice adjectives, which strongly implies that people who like it might be shallow too. I've played since Sims1 (yes, I am that old) and every iteration had a unique feel. I loved 1, was meh about 2, liked 3 and love 4. Does that make me easy or easily satisfied? Please keep in mind that I play two franchises regularly: Sims and World of Warcraft, nothing else because it doesn't interest me enough. I'm very picky about what I play. Some Eps in both games don't interest me, ergo I don't play them, it's that easy. Calling me shallow will get me annoyed very fast.

@Mchap353 those fantastic gaming laptops are, for me (and the majority of people), like glittering jewels behind a shopping window where I might press my nose to but never be able to buy in time for it to be top of the art. The industry is fast, but it will be years until they get affordable and until then the 'competition games' will require the new next gen of gaming machines. It's a viscious circle.

One reason why Sims (and WoW, come to think of it) are so successfull and have a huge player base (millions, not hundred thoussands) is that they don't require a high end machine. If Sims5 came out within the year, with the content of 3's basic, the new building and CAS options of 4, open world, more intelligent NPCs, more detailed world.... I know my computer would explode.

Morrisan

Are you for real lol?
    So you can't handle the negitive stuff and then twist it to sound like if somebody think its swallow thinks your swallow
    Get a grip.
    Yes its annoying to you seeing that not everybody thinks the game rocks. That's how it is but don't try to twist it into something else.

Maybe it might be best for you it ignore negative feedback comments and stop trying to twist them in to some kind of personal hate.to simmers who love the games.

I'm not going to fight with you but going by your very rude and very aggressive response I hit a spot, eh? And try to apply a little bit of reading comprehension, pay attention to words like 'some players' for example and that I never said they intended to be so insulting. I've got a thick skin but there's a reason people avoid this section of the forums. There's big difference between expressing dislike for a game or a feature of a game as a personal reason and making statements like: "could never like it because it is so shallow". Or, a variation I've also seen in the past: "I can't understand how anyone can like this shallow plum. EA is milking people with an unfinished game." How is that not heavily implying that people who don't agree are plum? I' neither blind nor is my memory spotty and I remember names and the lines tally up.

Repeating myself: Fighting about taste is pretty pointless. Peole like what they like. Some like both bananas and apples

Skyrim is a universally, critically acclaimed game. I bought it and hated it, yet I was objective enough to notice that it is a fantastic, high quality game. It was just not to my taste.

That cannot be said of The Sims 4 base game. It's a game that's supposed to be based on real life and its purpose is to allow the player to control a simulated life of a human. Yet it has babies that are only allowed to be interacted with at a bassinet, no toddlers, children that go to bars, teenagers that look like adults, and virtually no unique abilities or differences between the life states.

There are no usable vehicles because sims teleport everywhere and there is no in-game explanation. Even MMORPGs have lore appropriate explanations to explain teleporting/fast travel because they know it is immersion breaking. Yet a game that is based on real life doesn't bother.

Then you have the fact that you cannot specify family relationships in CAS other than immediate, and the sims in live mode of the game do not recognise relatives as being related. Sims didn't react to sims for over a year until it was patched. There is no way for a sim to be informed when a relative or friend dies off the loaded lot. Sims do not remember anything. Have a fight and two seconds later they will be grinning at each other. Yet this is supposed to be game about the relationships between sims!

The above alone objectively points out this is not a high quality game; it is a poor game. Yes, people might find it fun, but that does not make it high quality.

Add in the tablet game map, traits that do not make sims unique and are overridden by the binary emotion system, the closed world nature of the game (unacceptable for a game of this era), NPCs that perform their job poorly and a routing system that lets sims just walk through each other and you have one poor quality, mess of a game.

Yes, toddlers are here so that mistake has been rectified. Yes vampires are fantastic and the quality of that pack is high, but everything else in game is lacklustre and poor. Sim A.I. needs attention asap.

You may like the game and there is nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend this is a high quality game when it quite clearly isn't.

This is just a sill childish opinion. To say something is not high quality because you dont like it. Still not getting why you and others are still attacking this game rather than moving on and enjoying something you do like. I never talk about sims 3 outside of these anti sims 4 rants.

Really if sims 3 is such a perfectly fun game why arent you playing more than you are trashing sims 4? Why are sims 3 fanatics waiting for sims 5? I thought sims 3 was already perfect? What is sims 3 missing that youre looking for another game?

I've never seen any say that TS3 is a perfect game. I've seen people say it's a better game. I've seen people say TS2 is a better game. But that by no means makes any of them perfect.

I see a lot of Simmers able to talk about iterations with objectivity, which is great, but I also see a lot of people feeling personally threatened when someone doesn't like the iteration they don't. I don't understand why that is.

I prefer TS3, I think it's a better game than the current one but by no means is it perfect. Why am I waiting for TS5? Because I'm hoping for a game that progresses forward. A game that combines all the good from TS1 - TS4. I have hope so I wait for something better and while I wait, I give feedback in hopes that things will be improved for the future. Not sure why that's so difficult to understand.

Sims 3 fans take it personally when you question their motives for attacking the sims 4 all of the time too. For me its not a matter of being offended because someone doesnt prefer sims 4. Thats a line thats sims 3 fans always fall back on. Theres just literally nothing to gain from posting " i hate this game..It plum" over and over again.

Why cant sims 3 fans just be happy in the meanwhile and play their favorite game and wait on a new version they do like rather than continue to create negative threads just to say "this game iz terrible."
    No, it's Sims 4 fans that take everything personally. "You think the game is shallow? Then you're implying I'm shallow!!" People are talking about a game lacking, nobody is taking anything personal. Seems to me you are though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Morrisan

Are you for real lol?
    Get a grip.

I've never seen any say that TS3 is a perfect game. I've seen people say it's a better game. I've seen people say TS2 is a better game. But that by no means makes any of them perfect.

I see a lot of Simmers able to talk about iterations with objectivity, which is great, but I also see a lot of people feeling personally threatened when someone doesn't like the iteration they don't. I don't understand why that is.

I prefer TS3, I think it's a better game than the current one but by no means is it perfect. Why am I waiting for TS5? Because I'm hoping for a game that progresses forward. A game that combines all the good from TS1 - TS4. I have hope so I wait for something better and while I wait, I give feedback in hopes that things will be improved for the future. Not sure why that's so difficult to understand.

I do agree with you on this and Also to the other questioning I say - if you are like me and make sure I always have a lot of the newest technology - you sort of expect to be able to make use of the newer technology and you are always looking to the future - in particular in your favorite games - especially when they are a long running series like the Sims. You sort of expect when the next new rendition of the game comes around they will take the game you love to the next step in the field of technology.

That's like asking your friends who are all excited about their brand new car back in 1999 why they go buy a new car in 2017 if they loved their old car so much - then why not just keep the old car? Or in fact change that with anything you really loved 7 - 12 - or 16 years ago, why move on with new versions if the old one is so great. Technology for one is a good reason to move on and seeing I constantly move on with technology - I sort of expect a better version of the next rendition of my favorite game to make use of my new technology. It's rather the human thing to do - to not stagnate and putt along if there is newer and better versions of things you love.

You also would not see me running the once all new pc I built for Sims 3 even though at the time it was TO ME the best thing ever - when technology improved I rebuilt - in fact I rebuilt 3 times during Sims 3 alone - with each of my pcs made me deliriously happy when I got them finished - and allowed me to play other games flawlessly I would have not have been as able to play with the one built 2 years before ( well it would have allowed me playing them - just not with the higher settings I prefer. Heck I am running an 8 core 16 gig 4.6 ghz pc right now and I am already planning on my next rebuild - for Spring of 2018 at the latest only because technology constantly moves on. The same reason many people are not out there still driving the car they loved 20 years ago, if newest, better, SAFER, more economic etc is out there now, and it should be better than the old one, and they can afford it. So why would I not expect the Sims 4 to be better than my beloved Sims 2 and Sims 3? As that is usually the way things go. It is sort of expected in todays world. That you expect the newest rendition to run circles around the older ones and not lose all that made them great to start with - again not talking about with additions - am talking about the base games.

ETA - Just to add here - I honestly still love some parts of Sims 2 that was not in Sims 3 - and because of that I still love to play Sims 2 even though a lot technology is missing the basic game itself - the behaviors and uniqueness of Sims 2 still draw me back. But in Sims 3 creating is HUGE! I really love open worlds and am not a fan of load screens at all. CASt - creating everything is massive and the pack ideas are out of this world. I prefer the realness of the scenery over pixar - the scenery in Sims 3 just totally blows me away. I miss that. I always thought Sims 3 with Sims 2 Sim personalities and programming would have been the perfect next rendition as Sims 4. So my aspirations for Sims 4 was set way to high - I realize that - but has a lot to do with why it is difficult for some of us to have expected that degree of greatness - and then we got the real Sims 4 - it was a real hard pill to swallow.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Well there is one major difference in the Fallout Franchise and I do know they make DLC additions a lot - I have a few for Fallout 4 - but it does start out as a complete game - the packs just add to it - where as the Sims is made by relying on constant packs to make the game as it goes through it's life time - and because we expect regular game packs we can get things added to the game as it goes along by voicing our opinions on the forum. In fact in Sims 2, 3 , and 4 - not any of them would have had all they do have had it not been for the persistence and constant postings of many, many players - even the devs tell us that. In Fallout the devs make the game what it is - regardless of their forums - but the Sims is a whole different animal and has a lot to becoming a better game from player imput as long as the imput is strong and devs can develop what players are wanting. It is a fact if people are silent - the game is built sans our vision - and quite frankly I was not happy with the Devs vision, so I and MANY others voiced it relentlessly to get the changes we wanted. If you did not voice your opinion and liked it just the way it started out - then you still have the option not to enhance your game with packs that change the game and you can still have the game as it came out - more or less - but we that was not happy with how it started did see a need to beg, plead, conjole - what ever posting it took to get changes we could live with.

You know I do not always like everything everyone wants either - but as long as it falls with in the ratings for this game - I surely don't go crazy when they request - beg and plead for those things. Sometimes you do have to post a lot on the same subject to get seen and heard. If they are already unhappy with the game why antagonize them further by spitting on their requests? That is not right either.

Honestly though if we were not all lovers of The Sims - we would not all still be here. What none of us want is for the games to stop and if people just stopped trying to make it better - or had no hope they are being heard - they will leave and stop buying - then what becomes of this amazing franchise when there is not enough buyers to support the production of the game. Some great games have in the past gone that route - we do not need it to happen to our beloved Sims games. Posting is a good thing - and if it annoys you - then why are you here? I do love other sims games and I do play Sims 2, 3 , and now 4. I even own all packs but CL and that is because of CL being the way it is - period. I already know they cannot change a pack once it is finished - they have said as much - so there is no point in me squabbling and begging for changes or posting on it's lack - I just spoke with my wallet and did not buy it! So see - if something is impossible then I don't pile drive it in the forums - to me that is pointless.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I love how so many people have taken up "the game is flawed at it's core" as their next complaint after toddlers were added. I knew it would be like this, I predicted it almost 2 years ago in this same forums. It's not helpful though. With toddlers, the devs heard the community and made the game better for everyone. But now "the game is flawed at it's core", as if it hadn't improved at all since launch. You can't point to the elusive flawed core and say what it is, and if you do so, it's a handful of features that are not in TS4 yet, even though there are even more TS4 exclusive features that are missing from the other games. There is a lot of time left for TS4. Fan favorite EPs will come, missing features will be patched along with brand new ones, and once it's complete and TS5 comes, that one will be incomplete even though it can be an advancement in the series. It's always how it goes.

:confused: People were saying that long before toddler came though... Some people realized toddlers just weren't going to fix everything two weeks into The Sims 4. When I played it for the first time I realized toddlers weren't going to fix it's issues and that was in the first five months. I thought toddlers, pets, and seasons would change everything for me and then I sat down and played the game and realized that all of that wouldn't fix things for me.

Toddlers are here, and that's great. That has been an issue right out the gate, but as some people played TS4 they started noticing that issues go beyond toddlers before there were toddlers in the game. Check out the feedback section. Go back to 2014 even. Core issues have been mentioned for a while now. Those of us commonly considered the "complainers" (some of whom like the game) give the devs props for what they've done, especially what's been done lately, but those few changes or additions don't change everything.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Morrisan

Are you for real lol?
    Get a grip.

Sims 3 fans take it personally when you question their motives for attacking the sims 4 all of the time too. For me its not a matter of being offended because someone doesnt prefer sims 4. Thats a line thats sims 3 fans always fall back on. Theres just literally nothing to gain from posting " i hate this game..It plum" over and over again.

Why cant sims 3 fans just be happy in the meanwhile and play their favorite game and wait on a new version they do like rather than continue to create negative threads just to say "this game iz terrible."
    No, it's Sims 4 fans that take everything personally. "You think the game is shallow? Then you're implying I'm shallow!!" People are talking about a game lacking, nobody is taking anything personal. Seems to me you are though.

Or you know it could be both sides that do this...