Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers Did You Know?

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lindz2006Lindz2006 Posts: 86 Member
    If a toddler is eating on the couch the mom or dad will go take the empty plate from them when they are finished.
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    All these facts are so good to know when I finally have my own Toddler, (Waiting to save up money, and get a nice place).
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I thought all toddlers were sort of the same, I know they have traits and these make them different, but did you know that even two with the same traits can be completely different. example
    I have been playing twins these last few real days, one was a child before toddlers and I aged her down and gave her a twin sister. Now the original is so talkative, when she is supposed to be playing with her bricks, she will get up and go and talk to her sister. when eating she spends most of the time talking usually to her sister. she wants to tell jokes. talk about toys, wrestle with her dad. She even got tired of flash cards got up and joined her sister at the doll house. Now her sister loves playing on her own, doesn't seek out to talk to anyone. has a few wishes to talk with her dad about toys but that's it, she wont stop what she is doing to go talk with anyone.
    Now this is great, because they have personality. well I think so anyway.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    CreoleSim wrote: »
    All these facts are so good to know when I finally have my own Toddler, (Waiting to save up money, and get a nice place).
    Lol, I thought for a second you were talking about rl and I wondered why saving up for a new place was stopping you from playing a free patch feature :p
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My Twins just grew into children, both have all their toddler skills to max. But the original has started school with an F, while the made twin starts with a C. now I wonder why that is.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    When a vampire sim in bat form carries a toddler, the toddler becomes invisible as they "carry" them.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited January 2017
    Not sure if this has been posted, but toddlers have the option to play in growing plants. They get a little spade/shovel in their hand and a big dust cloud surrounds them. Quite cute!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Lindz2006 wrote: »
    If a toddler is eating on the couch the mom or dad will go take the empty plate from them when they are finished.

Really? That's so cute!
  • Options
    StairStephStairSteph Posts: 9 New Member
    The highchair has a higher energy level than the toddler bed (glitch?) so sometimes if their energy level doesn't go up enough during the night, I let them sleep in the chair!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Apparently, moms need to adopt their husband's alien toddler as care dependent (sorry if someone's already said this, it was new to me :D)
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited February 2017
    Toddlers can play with the dishwasher. :D It's a slightly different animation and they a lil toy hammer while doing it.

EDIT: With! I'm mean 'with!" Never let a child play "in" the dishwasher. Bad idea! Bad!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    Toddler can express like and dislikes to different foods.
    For example my toddler loved eggs and toast but spat out Nigiri.
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Independent toddlers will sometimes get an angry moodlet if their parent plays with them, because they want to do it all by themselves! Independent toddlers can also always use the potty on their own, no matter what skill they have. They also get a nice "alone" moodlet if they're in a room with no one else.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    1.There is no daycare in the strictest sense, toddlers (and babies) don't even leave the house they are just invisible, that's why you can still hear them and why they materialise in exactly the same place as when your Sim left the house.

2.The bath still works for toddlers even though the water has been turned off because the bill had not been paid.

3.Toddlers needs still decay even when you use the 'disable household needs decay' cheats.

4.Toddlers whose needs are in the red when they left the house for daycare, can still be taken away even when at daycare! (happened to me a couple of times!)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Only Child Sims get the Good Toddlerhood moodlet, older ages don't get it.
  • Options
    CalvinistCalvinist Posts: 9 New Member
    Apparently a parent and a toddler can play toys together but I can't seem to get it to work can anyone explain how?
  • Options
    chmocachmoca Posts: 7 New Member
    Toddlers can't eat spoiled food. They take a bite, leave the plate and go.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2018
    toddlers can takes endless dumps in a diaper looking like this.

fyalLjV.png

7PhXlCc.png

they sure have a huge bladder.
    I made him do it like 30 times in a row.
    Becasuse is was constantly very sad or crying for no reasons at all, I have since stopped playing clingy or fussy toddlers. getting mad or sad because they want food. only for them chucking it on the floor.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not exactly toddler related but if you have Parenthood, Sims can build Parenting skill by just interacting with the baby; I've started letting my babies spend more time as babies before aging them up just to help get the parenting skill higher (with an initial baby my Sims can usually get up to level 3 before they age up to toddler).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)