Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need opinions!

xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
Hey guys! I recently started playing TS4 again now that there is more expansions and packs but as the title of this post suggests, I need some opinions. I have $50 to spend on games for TS4 but I have no idea which ones to get! I already bought City Living a few days ago so that’s taken care of. I just have no idea what to do with the $50 I still have. Should I buy another expansion and save the leftover cash? Should I buy two game packs? Or should I buy some stuff packs? I have no idea what to do so my question to you guys is: What TS4 game(s) do you think I should buy?
tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
I do not own the above gif.

Post edited by xosummerloverxo on

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    depends on if you have something you really want or not, maybe check out some game play videos and decide what you like most, though maybe you'd prefer two game packs or one expansion if you choose not to save. I could recommend dine out but as a foodie my sims go out all the time if you wouldn't use it as much then maybe not.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,711 Member
    You're not giving a lot of info on what you like to play so it's hard for me to say. Every simmer is different. For me personally, I like Spa Day cuz of the build mode items. Get Together is pretty neat too.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    joannadiprosejoannadiprose Posts: 34 Member
    I like Get to Work and Dine Out
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2017
    Maybe save it for a ep or gp youre especially interested in. Or go watch reviews
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    depends on if you have something you really want or not, maybe check out some game play videos and decide what you like most, though maybe you'd prefer two game packs or one expansion if you choose not to save. I could recommend dine out but as a foodie my sims go out all the time if you wouldn't use it as much then maybe not.
    DeKay wrote: »
    You're not giving a lot of info on what you like to play so it's hard for me to say. Every simmer is different. For me personally, I like Spa Day cuz of the build mode items. Get Together is pretty neat too.
    Maybe save it for a ep or gp youre especially interested in. Or go watch reviews

I plan on eventually owning all the eps and packs but right now I only have the $50 to spend. I'm mainly asking for opinions because I haven't played TS4 since it first came out so I'm not really sure which games people feel are really worth the money and which games are alright but not a 'need to buy immediately' kind of thing. Also the fact that the eps and gps for TS4 are a bit different than how eps and sps for TS3 were (which I'm more used to playing) but that's a discussion for another time :)

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I think of all the content, City Living has been my favorite with the apartments and festivals.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    katiekat89katiekat89 Posts: 20 New Member
    I know you said you want to own all the content eventually, so maybe just look up some gameplay videos on some of the different packs available and decide which one covers more of what you want out of the game right away. Personally, I really like City Living, Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I think of all the content, City Living has been my favorite with the apartments and festivals.

I already have City Living for mainly those reasons :smile:

• Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Is saving and getting vampires an option?

If you go curent game packs, then dine out and spa day are my favorites. I didn't like outdoor retreat gameplay wise

For expansions... I would flip a coin to decide. ;). Do you like active careers and aliens? Or group outings and the nightclub partying scene?

For stuff packs... I like the kids stuff pack. And movie stuff pack for the decor.
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Let my clarify and say... There is a lot to outdoor retreat I like buildwise... but the world you retreat to doesn't have a lot of replay value. I only go when I have a character that's an herbalist and needs insects...
  • Options
    JRBear wrote: »

If you go curent game packs, then dine out and spa day are my favorites. I didn't like outdoor retreat gameplay wise

For expansions... I would flip a coin to decide. ;). Do you like active careers and aliens? Or group outings and the nightclub partying scene?

For stuff packs... I like the kids stuff pack. And movie stuff pack for the decor.

I'm not really that interested in the Vampires pack. I've seen some gameplay videos and while it seems like a nice addition to the game, I've never really felt the need or want to play with Supernatural sims (other than witches/wizards in S3).

As for game packs, Dine Out and Spa Day are the ones I could see myself getting. Outdoor Retreat looks good too but it's not that high up on my list as of now.

Expansion wise I really like both so I might just wait on those until I can get both at the same time. I'm watching gameplay videos for each and I'm liking them both evenly so far.

Stuff packs, well, I could get 4 or 5 at once. I have the ones in mind that I would get if I decide to go the stuff pack route and the Kids Stuff one is a definite buy.

At this point it really comes down to getting the most bang for my buck lol

• Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    @xosummerloverxo if you don't know what you want do some reasearch on what there is so far to choose from. You can watch reviews there are also sites that will provide you with pictures of all the stuff that comes with a packs(hair, clothes, furniture etc). For gameplay youtube reviews could be nice. Also maybe take some time to just play the game, then you might better see what you are missing or in need of in your game :)

I have kids room stuff since I like family play, Also have alle the EPs except city life. Also have moviestuff and romantic garden stuff pack. But I usually get packs for stuff or needing the added gameplay. I'm currently waiting for vampires to be available so I can get that too. Vampires might be a fun addition, I also really like the clothes and stuffes that comes with it ^^
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    JRBear wrote: »

I'm not really that interested in the Vampires pack. I've seen some gameplay videos and while it seems like a nice addition to the game, I've never really felt the need or want to play with Supernatural sims (other than witches/wizards in S3).

As for game packs, Dine Out and Spa Day are the ones I could see myself getting. Outdoor Retreat looks good too but it's not that high up on my list as of now.

Expansion wise I really like both so I might just wait on those until I can get both at the same time. I'm watching gameplay videos for each and I'm liking them both evenly so far.

Stuff packs, well, I could get 4 or 5 at once. I have the ones in mind that I would get if I decide to go the stuff pack route and the Kids Stuff one is a definite buy.

At this point it really comes down to getting the most bang for my buck lol

DO and SD are the best GPs, and they're definitely worth getting (I prefer DO, some prefer SD).

For EPs: GT is better than GTW (again, not for everyone, but I think most people would agree on this). It adds more venues, the club feature, and overall more things to do than GTW.

For SPs: imho the best ones are Vintage Glamour & the Kid's SP, but I also like a few of the others. For the SPs the easiest thing to do is to look what sort of content interests you, or also, what bundles currently exist that combine a GP with SPs you might enjoy (it's cheaper :))
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017
    You've got to have a think about how exactly you want to expand your gameplay at the moment.

I'd personally not purchase anything that I can take or leave and get the packs that have a theme that really interested me and made me think that I'd enjoy having those features over the others. Why not do a list numbering the packs based on what interests you the most and then purchase the top 2 or 3 that your budget allows?

Do you want to build and run your own restaurant? Would you like your sims to go to a spa with saunas? Learn yoga?

If you want a new life state and like supernatural play, then definitely get Vampires.

If you are a family player kids stuff is essential and the movie stuff pack fits in with that gameplay too.

Get Together's best feature, to me, is the world as it is so different to all the other ones in game and the new masonry patterns allows you to build Tudor looking buildings. I find clubs disappointing as they are not as nuanced as they advertised and the ready made clubs do not behave at all according to their description.

Get to Work's gameplay is very linear, but if you want that kind of gameplay it will be perfect for you.

Would you like to go camping?

Romantic Garden's wishing well is one of my favourite objects, but if you're not heavily in to gardens, then perhaps it is not for you as $9.99 is a lot just for a wishing well.
    Post edited by blueturtleotter on
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    If I were in your shoes I'd get Get to Work and Kid's Stuff pack. But that's just me!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    My opinion is get Vmapires, because Vampires.
    But, if you're not into that...
    *flips table and walks out*
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    What kind of player are? Do you like family play? Party? Career? Etc. Knowing how you play makes it easier to recommand something. At least for me lol.
  • Options
    leahbeeleahbee Posts: 50 Member
    As said above, it depends what type of player you are. For me, I'm all about the furnishings and gameplay so Get Together and Get to Work are possibly my favourite as well as kids and the patio stuff. But like I said, it all depends.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Dine Out, Kids Room and Backyard. That's about $40 and they're the games I use the most.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Personally, I'd get two GP and 1 stuff pack. I'd get Spa Day and Vampires (but since you are not into Vampires, I'd go with Dine Out) and probably Kids stuff pack (If you are not into kids, I'd get backyard, it's a good one, too).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited January 2017
    If you play rotationally and like filling up worlds with Sims, I recommend Get Together. Between Windenburg and the Club system, I find it a pack I'd be hard-pressed to live without for my main rotational, full-world gameplay style. You could combine that with a Stuff Pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    If you play rotationally and like filling up worlds with Sims, I recommend Get Together. Between Windenburg and the Club system, I find it a pack I'd be hard-pressed to live without for my main rotational, full-world gameplay style. You could combine that with a Stuff Pack.

Yes, Windenburg is an excellent world :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hey guys! I recently started playing TS4 again now that there is more expansions and packs but as the title of this post suggests, I need some opinions. I have $50 to spend on games for TS4 but I have no idea which ones to get! I already bought City Living a few days ago so that’s taken care of. I just have no idea what to do with the $50 I still have. Should I buy another expansion and save the leftover cash? Should I buy two game packs? Or should I buy some stuff packs? I have no idea what to do so my question to you guys is: What TS4 game(s) do you think I should buy?

You should buy the new GP coming out today, 24th. Vampires!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My favourite so far is Get Together because of the introduction of clubs and the glorious new town that comes with it.

I recently purchased Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat but am unimpressed with these. Vampires looks great though.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I second this. Perfect if you're a builder.