Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Vampires

I have been looking for info, but I can't seem to find whether or not you can completely remove the vampires from the game.

I do not like supernaturals, but I absolutely love the build/buy stuff and the world. I really want this pack, but I don't want to be stuck having to deal with the vamps. Anyone know if they can be removed?

Comments

• Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I dont know if there will be an option to fully turn them off but you can delete the NPC that come with the pack. random vampire npc have a very very very low spawn rate in game.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Yes what LadyJester said! As far as I know Vampires will be spawned for specific jobs as @SimGuruNinja said. One of them would be to place the vampire traits on lots! Like the Vampire Nexus, that surely would create new vampires if there are none currently available!
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    I dont know if there will be an option to fully turn them off but you can delete the NPC that come with the pack. random vampire npc have a very very very low spawn rate in game.
    does deleting sims cause corruption like it did in sims 3?

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited January 2017

No, it doesn't. If the game still needs a Sim for a particular role, it'll generate a new one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member

Deleting a sim in 3 doesn't necessarily cause corruption. If you do it properly, there's no reason to corrupt something. There is a risk if you object-delete the sim.
  • Options
    FacTory06FacTory06 Posts: 1 New Member
    if you don't like vampires, you shoudn't buy this game pack. you can find spooky stuffs (custom content) on the internet. I have been waiting vampires for TS4 since TS4's first release. I am going to buy it tomorrow.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member

It did in The Sims 2.
    In The Sims 3 and 4, it doesn't cause corruption in your game. Deleting there is safe. Deleting in The Sims 2... is not.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

It did in The Sims 2.
    In The Sims 3 and 4, it doesn't cause corruption in your game. Deleting there is safe. Deleting in The Sims 2... is not.

Deleteing Sims in TS3 was tricky and COULD cause corruption if you didn't go about it in a specific way.

I am glad to hear this isn't the case in TS4.
  • Options
    And I really do hope EA has learned their lesson and given us the option to turn off supernaturals so that those who like the objects/world/etc can get them without being stuck with something they don't want. Since this can only result in more people buying the pack I don't understand why they wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    And I really do hope EA has learned their lesson and given us the option to turn off supernaturals so that those who like the objects/world/etc can get them without being stuck with something they don't want. Since this can only result in more people buying the pack I don't understand why they wouldn't do it.

They have already stated that there is no on/off switch. If this pack is popular and they make more occults, they may add one in later.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

They have already stated that there is no on/off switch. If this pack is popular and they make more occults, they may add one in later.

Unbelievable. C'mon EA... LEARN!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Thanks for the info, all. I am still going to buy it, but I just want to be prepared for what I may have to deal with. I heard two conflicting things...During the Livestream, I heard them say that vampires don't bite autonomously, but then I read that there is a chance so beware. I'm just trying to avoid all that.

I never minded in TS2 that they were there. Like the witch would show up at community lots and it was up to the player to interact with her. I hope it is the same way here. I don't mind them being there in the background as long as it doesn't affect my gameplay.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I think I'm going to postpone buying it till I see more player feedback on the boards. If it doesn't affect my gameplay too severely, I'll buy it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Unbelievable. C'mon EA... LEARN!

Why do you need a checkbox, if you can simply delete unwanted NPCs? While a Switch Off option would not delete premades. Vampires don't spawn autonomously, so what the problem? Buy your pack for bb objects and delete any unwanted townies...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Honestly I think it's fair that there is no option to turn off Vampires... If I was designing a pack, that heavily focused on the life State,I wouldn't include an option to turn off the life state... IF they Patch in the option I want the Options to turn off Humans not just Supernaturals and Aliens.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Unless of course the creator team would patch in all these beautiful objects and build materials without needing to buy the pack, just to please those who do not like vampires... What irony. There is a Gameplay Pack for a completely new species and all people are concerned about lately is to how do you turn them off??? If the creators would have only added the vampires and no build material then nobody would have complained, because then everyone who does not like vampires would have just skipped the pack. But BECAUSE there are all these amazing objects etc. everybody is screaming "I want an Off" switch. Because of that these vampires probably are NOT able to turn others autonomously. Which I really hope gets modded because this is just another chaining of a predator which I personally would like to be removed. However ONLY vampires who have the power of turning others are actually able to do so and yes only with the players control. So simply remove ALL vampires, never use the new vampire lot traits and you should be fine to go without vampires in a Gameplay Pack that is about vampires LOL *pun intended*
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Well, that's kinda the point of this thread, Tanja1986. Everyone plays differently. If I have a saved game that is supernatural, sure... let the vampires be predators. But if I'm playing my legacy family? No. I don't want ALL my saved games to have occult in them. There's no need to get cranky about what other people want...lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I doubt you will be able to completely remove them. I mean who knows, we have alien nights with get together maybe we will have the same with vampires.

The main theme is vampires so I'm guessing it's hard to remove.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SynneSolSynneSol Posts: 85 Member
    As far as I've understood, vampires won't turn your sim autonomously, but they might feed on them. But as people already have mentioned, the spawn rate is pretty low. So if you just delete the premades, you should be good.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Yeah NPC vampires will not turn other NPCs. The only way to spread the vampire curse is if you created a vampire and ran around biting everyone.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    This thread is an excellent case study about unsolvable conflict in a feedback loop : in this case, how to satisfy customers.
    Developers create vampires, people complain about lack of objects coming with them.
    So, developers create objects that come with vampires, and as a result, people complain about the presence of vampires coming with the objects.
    Think about how this is going to cause major bugs to the poor developers' neurons. That's pretty dangerous.

445615headexplosion.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    This thread is an excellent case study about unsolvable conflict in a feedback loop : in this case, how to satisfy customers.
    Developers create vampires, people complain about lack of objects coming with them.
    So, developers create objects that come with vampires, and as a result, people complain about the presence of vampires coming with the objects.
    Think about how this is going to cause major bugs to the poor developers' neurons. That's pretty dangerous.

445615headexplosion.gif

Interestingly enough, Supernaturals for TS3 was my absolute favorite pack because of the wonderful objects it came with. And I've never seen a single supernatural in my game.

There is a way to appease everyone...It's called including choices.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Unlike in Sims 3, vampires will not turn random Sims into vampires without a player actively controlling them, so it should be easy to ignore them unless that strange new friend turns down your invite to an afternoon backyard barbecue. B) You won't have to worry about vampires popping up during the day either since they have to earn the ability to walk in the sunshine. I'd say if you delete the premade vampires and double check the game generated (Not in World) Sims to make sure none of them are vampires and manually "cull" them, you should be good to go.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2017
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Unless of course the creator team would patch in all these beautiful objects and build materials without needing to buy the pack, just to please those who do not like vampires... What irony. There is a Gameplay Pack for a completely new species and all people are concerned about lately is to how do you turn them off??? If the creators would have only added the vampires and no build material then nobody would have complained, because then everyone who does not like vampires would have just skipped the pack. But BECAUSE there are all these amazing objects etc. everybody is screaming "I want an Off" switch. Because of that these vampires probably are NOT able to turn others autonomously. Which I really hope gets modded because this is just another chaining of a predator which I personally would like to be removed. However ONLY vampires who have the power of turning others are actually able to do so and yes only with the players control. So simply remove ALL vampires, never use the new vampire lot traits and you should be fine to go without vampires in a Gameplay Pack that is about vampires LOL *pun intended*

But what about people who want vampires in some saves, but not in every save? I might not want them in my current save because that's all about family life, but I'll be starting a new save with a Serial Romantic vampire who woos (and Woohoos) the Sim world while feeding on his human partners. Players doing a 100 Baby Challenge might want to make sure they don't have any supernatural babies, same with people playing Legacies. That's the main reason that I'd want to see an on/off switch, if not now but down the road if/when we get more supernaturals down the road. Players might want a save with only witches and wizards mixed in with the "Muggles" (a la Harry Potter), or maybe have just werewolves and vampires fighting each other. An on/off switch will allow for more varied playstyles going forward.

It bugged me no end that Sims 3 randomly changed pre-mades to various supernatural forms, so I'd go visit Marty Keaton and find he'd been vamped, or the Wolffs would be riding their brooms all over town (at least the game could have made them werewolves instead in keeping with the name). And at least in Sims 4 we don't have to ask politely before feeding on a victim -- that's definitely a plus.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    Oh hell no girl You're taking this way too far.
    first all of Ya'll were complaining about supernaturals & Life states & wanted options to turn them off or not include them in expansion packs.
    and now that we have a "Separate" gamepack called "Vampires" You want to get it but not have the "Vampires" aspect ?!
    ah-uh ! no , I refuse ... this is too much. please stop.

Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top