Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    Rawla wrote: »

@Rawla - Oh Nia is so pretty! Sometimes you just need a fresh start. Can't wait to see more.

Thank you. That is true. Considering my last save, I only have the first set of twins and I cheated to give them a mansion....I just didn't feel attached to them. So I am starting over without using money cheats and with a new Sim. I'm in the hopes I can progress further than the first baby this time.

You can do it! :smiley:
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    i'd like to tell you about my experience raising twin toddlers. Absolute. 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    01-21-17_11-23-28c2a0pm.png?w=680
  • Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @Mareviola Congrats on your twins! So glad to hear that you're not stuck with girls only :smiley: That's the only good thing when you have 7 kids in the house, at least your matriarch can take some time to rest after the pregnancies. I can't believe that you're still living in the same house, saw the pictures on tumblr, it does look a bit cramped.
    @CactiSimmer how did you do that? Did you just make them partners of the partners? The bubble thing confuses me a lot :smiley:
    @XDJSIMMERX There's some of us who have a sort of storyline set up or at least in mind. I even have one of my own but I don't really talk about it :lol: I'm excited how yours will play out!
    @ThomasLeThomas Welcome, good luck with your challenge! I added your link in the first post :smile: I really like what you've written so far, love your matriarch and I think her outfit fits her super well!
    @Rawla Same goes for your matriarch, I love her! She's got awesome genetics and a great face. And she's got a great name, Nia Dancer sounds incredibly poetic!
    @VanillaChai I'm going to do some mock-ups of ideas on how the fathers could be handled better and post them in the plum tree app thread, however not right now as I'm quite busy at the moment :smiley: Considering your tumblr, I understand what you mean now. Sorry I missunderstood you before. Just post the link whenever you're ready.
    @TheGeekGamez Oh my... That... Yeah, you seem to have a bit of trouble on your hand :open_mouth:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    @TheGeekGamez haha twin toddlers are a handful!

• Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    Nia looks so good too! I love how she looks like she doesn't have any cares to give :joy:

Thanks! Right now, I don't think she does. lol

LOL this was my first thought when I saw her, she looks like she doesn't take anything from anyone!
  • Options
    @Erica87 I'll definitely post the link when it's ready. As for the plum tree app, I posted on there just now with a screenshot photo from family echo as a possible example of what they could do, but mock ups of other examples would be good, too.
    I played around with it and figured out what @CactiSimmer did. Delete all of the partners except the first one. Then, in the same text box as the first partner, add the others in order after him. I hope that makes sense.

• Options
    @Erica87 I'll definitely post the link when it's ready. As for the plum tree app, I posted on there just now with a screenshot photo from family echo as a possible example of what they could do, but mock ups of other examples would be good, too.
    I played around with it and figured out what @CactiSimmer did. Delete all of the partners except the first one. Then, in the same text box as the first partner, add the others in order after him. I hope that makes sense.

Oh! Yeah, that makes a lot more sense to me now. I'm such a dummie sometimes :smiley: Thanks for explaining it to me again @VanillaChai :smile:
  • Options
    Erica87 wrote: »

Oh! Yeah, that makes a lot more sense to me now. I'm such a dummie sometimes :smiley: Thanks for explaining it to me again @VanillaChai :smile:

no it wasn't you being a dummie, it's weird and when i first did it i was like?? what?? is this how you do it?? what is this magic??
  • Options
    @ThomasLeThomas i have to say i really love the top you have your matriarch in, i always want to use it but hardly even wind up using it
  • Options
    @TheGeekGamez okay i know that it's supposed to be a pic showing how hard it is raising them (considering they're sleeping on the floor) but omg they're so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cute i can't help but aw at them!

also how are people out here surviving with twin toddlers, that sounds like hell on earth

ALSO i guess kind of a general question has anyone ever naturally gotten triplets? Even though twin toddlers are bad enough as it is, i kind of want to experience triplets.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @TheGeekGamez okay i know that it's supposed to be a pic showing how hard it is raising them (considering they're sleeping on the floor) but omg they're so plum cute i can't help but aw at them!

also how are people out here surviving with twin toddlers, that sounds like plum on earth

ALSO i guess kind of a general question has anyone ever naturally gotten triplets? Even though twin toddlers are bad enough as it is, i kind of want to experience triplets.

I got triplets once. Before toddlers came out. I was completely shocked but delighted at the same time.
  • Options
    @TheGeekGamez okay i know that it's supposed to be a pic showing how hard it is raising them (considering they're sleeping on the floor) but omg they're so plum cute i can't help but aw at them!

also how are people out here surviving with twin toddlers, that sounds like plum on earth

I have three toddlers right now... I'm surviving by micromanaging. It takes a lot longer to play like this but since the autonomy goes crazy whenever there's toddlers (everyone swarms to them) I kind of have to do it that way to get my sims to do anything apart from unnecessarily checking on the toddlers or randomly placing / taking them out of the high chair.

I've had natural triplets the first time Margo got pregnant. Jaden, Jenna and Juno have the same father, Johnny Zest. I didn't even have the fertile trait at that point :lol:
  • Options
    Nia Dancer just had her first 'try for baby'. Johnny Zest was in the welcome wagon...so... yup. She's pregnant.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Erica87 wrote: »

no it wasn't you being a dummie, it's weird and when i first did it i was like?? what?? is this how you do it?? what is this magic??

@Erica87 - You're not a dummie at all. It's confusing lol. I wasn't even sure if my explanation would make sense or not because I had no clue how to explain it haha. But it definitely looks a lot better that way. Thanks @CactiSimmer for showing us!

• Options
    I will be randomizing lot traits every 5th child. The beginning roll is Science Lair, Natural Light, Penny Pixies. Does everyone like this optional idea? It might be added to the 'optional' rule set if popular enough. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    A bit late to the party, here, so I'll hit the key highlights. I'm not hugely active on the forums but I'll try to keep up here, too. I do keep my tumblr somewhat updated and I always update my family tree. I'm on baby number 13 and have had my first set of triplets. Oh, my! I'm aiming for at least 20 every gen, but I've yet to be able to age a toddler up early (I'm making myself have all skills to at least a level 3. Haven't achieved it yet. :D:D )

@Mareviola Congrats on the twins! I love multiples! <3

@ThomasLeThomas Ellie is cute! I can't wait to read her story. I bookmarked your blog. :)

@Rawla Nia is very pretty. She looks like a no-nonsense type of sim. I bet she'll have the baby daddy's at her mercy in no time! ;)
    ETA: Yep... no nonsense indeed! Congrats Nia on the future baby! :) And that is a good idea for lot traits. How are you randomizing them? I think I might do that, too.

@CactiSimmer and @VanillaChai Thanks for the instructions on how to get the daddy's lined up on the Plumtree. I didn't like them how I seen everyone else with them (in the blocks, so to speak) and really wanted them in the tree. So glad you shared! :)

@TheGeekGamez Awww, poor little buggers. They were wore out! Multiple toddlers is a very trying experience and not at all easy. <3

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @Erica87 wait you're micro-managing cause of the hassle of the autonomy? by that do you mean you have autonomy on or off? also i'm such a goof how did i not remember you had triplets in this challenge?!

you and @Rawla talking about having triplets is making me want to have them now!!

@VanillaChai it's nothing! i found it by accident, i was going to go to the plum tree app thread and ask if they could do anything in the future and got this feeling like hm maybe i should read through it and on like the 2nd page in i found Pegasus143's reply and was amazed!!
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    Mareviola wrote: »
    Well looks like I was already totally breaking a rule by hiring the nanny basically fulltime... I've decided to start again. I didn't have that many children anyway. Having to restart the garden is actually what annoys me the most XD

Since the thread is being update can I make suggestions?

- The rule for the lot trait are under city living but maybe should be moved/copied also in the patch section 'cause some are available even in the base game

- What are the rules for get together? 'cause the club system is actually awesome to "force" men to come into you house at hours they wouldn't normally come. Also the woohoo rule of the club allow you to try for babies even if you don't have much of a relationship (or one at all). And all the perks of the club to get a better performance/help with skills. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed but I'm curious to see if you guys have rules about it.

Btw is anyone else having a problem bathing/looking after the toddler hygiene? It looks like there's a glitch but I don't have any mods...

Let me qualify by saying that I have no official standing, and that I'm just a random passerby who happens to check out this thread periodically. You can take my input with that in mind. My personal view of clubs is that they do tend to give an unfair advantage in most challenges. I use clubs often in my normal game, so I'll just share a few of the reasons why I think they could be unbalancing.

1. a household club can essentially be left in a permanent gathering, which allows the club to gain a continuous stream of points.
    2. The "Rally the Troops perk basically lets you fill your sims needs on demand, with no cool-down. (not all needs, but it's incredibly powerful)
    3. There is another perk (can't remember the name atm) that specifically gives an advantage to work performance. This perk does seem to improve child performance at school.
    4. With the skill boosts it is fairly easy to complete all 4 child aspirations well ahead of the child's normal age-up day. Outside of clubs, the best I've ever done is to complete 3 of 4 in most cases, and it usually is pretty tough to do that.
    5. club activities can be changed on the fly, which allows the household to tailor them for maximum advantage at all times.
    6. Clubs can give a huge advantage in relationships, which is particularly advantageous to this challenge. It's possible, with the right reward traits and clubs set-up to go from greeting to try for baby in a few interactions, and clubs can also boost the success rate of romantic interactions. Add the flirty club vibe, and your matriarch is an unstoppable seduction machine. lol.

These things together mean that you would be able to age up children much more quickly, and that those children would have an advantage in skills/ satisfaction points, etc that non-club children would not have.

At the very least, I would say that household only clubs should probably be disallowed, or that some of the unbalancing perks be restricted. Joining one of the pre-made clubs is not quite as problematic, because the household is not in total control of it.

If you want to use clubs anyway, some suggested rules.
    1. club members can't be added or kicked out at will. They can only be replaced when they die of natural causes. This would prevent the entire household from getting the always-on benefits of the gathering.
    2. Club details such as activities, requirements, etc must be chosen when the club is created, and can't be changed within the course of the challenge.
    3. possibly limit the membership to teens and above, because clubs are disproportionately beneficial to children.
    4. possibly restrict some of the more powerful perks.
    5. Only allow the happy vibe, or at least restrict the flirty vibe.

That isn't a well thought out list of rules, just off the top of my head suggestions. IMHO opinion, though, clubs give a huge advantage to this particular challenge, and that it is difficult to use them without essentially breaking the spirit of the endeavor. I love them in my everyday games, but they are incredibly powerful if you know how to use them. just my $.02 worth.
  • Options
    Yes @ChelleJo I second that! @Rawla please let us know how you plan to randomize the lot traits!
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

@Rawla Nia is very pretty. She looks like a no-nonsense type of sim. I bet she'll have the baby daddy's at her mercy in no time! ;)
    ETA: Yep... no nonsense indeed! Congrats Nia on the future baby! :) And that is a good idea for lot traits. How are you randomizing them? I think I might do that, too.

I rolled a number generator. 1-26, three times. I got 21, 23, and 10. Then I counted the lot traits to see which they were. I did it the hard way. The easy way is to copy/paste this list into Random.org and take the top three. :)https://docs.google.com/document/d/17tTRkKYdM6eNMzdGVnrq71h_qEfATcL0rvvjaDesyis/edit

• Options
    Nia Dancer just had twins! No cheats, no lot trait for it. That's a surprise. Two boys. Arroden and Arrkan. 002/100
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,051 Member
    Wow! I missed a lot on my hiatus! We've got a new thread! Love it!
  • Options
    @Rawla thank you!! I'll for sure check it out and possibly use it!
  • Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    Ugh starting to think I might have a corrupted save file. I just had my 11th child, out of the 11 I've had just one boy. Just one! The rest have been girls. I really don't want to start over but I don't want to keep having just girls either. This is frustrating. :/
  • Options
    Eminik wrote: »
    Ugh starting to think I might have a corrupted save file. I just had my 11th child, out of the 11 I've had just one boy. Just one! The rest have been girls. I really don't want to start over but I don't want to keep having just girls either. This is frustrating. :/

Oh no! If you really think it's corrupted, instead of starting over from scratch, try this. Upload your family's lot and your family, sell everything from their inventories and the family inventory, and write down how much money they have total (both cash and house value - added together and also separately). Start a new game, put your uploaded family into CAS, buy an empty lot, money cheat them to have their total amount, and put your old house back on the lot. Maybe that will fix the issues?
    It's a lot of work, but better than starting over completely.