Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feed your toddler?

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Mine have been eating on their bed, poof chairs and the couch.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    edited January 2017
    Edit because I tagged the wrong simmer
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm suppose to feed them?! oops.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I prefer to feed them on the highchair at breakfast/lunch/dinner because then the whole family can eat together at the table. But in some occasions I let them eat on the couch while watching TV.

The highchairs seem to be a little buggy at the moment though. I usually first put the toddler in the highchair and then serve them food, otherwise the parent will take the toddler out just to put them back again.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    You can cook that fruit-cake thing - the thing that other Sims bring to your house when you move in - the cake that Sims don't seem to be keen on.

That stuff does not go off - it doesn't need keeping in the fridge, so you can leave piles of it around your house and toddlers will find it when they are hungry.

Stick it everywhere, toddlers will find it.

LOL at "that fruit cake thing". That's really a great idea though, I will give it a try. I'm going to get rid of the high chairs too.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I got rid of the highchairs, but I thought I'd try again with the Goths. But one parent willput the child in and another comes along and takes her out. so now she just grabs a plate or I tell one of the others to grab a plate for her. they give it to her while he stands, she toddlers over to a chair or the sofa and eats, she also likes to eat with Alexander
    01-19-17_10-16-58PM_zpsyrwgjzej.png
    and talk about red trucks.
  • Options
    Kendra326Kendra326 Posts: 515 Member
    I just let them grab a plate right off the counter or whereever the food is. Or I open the fridge and drag something out and let them walk over and eat/grab it.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It annoys me that the highchair interaction seems buggy and it takes so long just for them to put the action in the active queue so I just have the toddlers click on the serving plate and grab what the rest of the house is eating. If no one else is eating, I manually pull the serving plate out of the fridge and set it on the floor so they can get their own then I put it back in the fridge.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I just cook normal food and then put it on the table and they can grab the food on their own.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    I put the toddlers in their chairs and the click the food on the table and choose give food to "xToddlerx". Pretty easy
  • Options
    DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    I so far have put them in their highchair and feed them peas, lol. I'm not sure why, but of all the toddler food options my toddlers so far have enjoyed peas the most, anything else they trow on the floor and wont eat.. :D
  • Options
    katiekat89katiekat89 Posts: 20 New Member
    Toddlers can eat what everyone else eats, just click pick up a serving instead of grab a plate then once the serving is in the inventory just drag it onto the high chair and put your toddler in it. You have to prompt them to eat the food but as long as it isn't spicy they should eat it fine. The other alternative is to just put food out and the toddler will come over to the food and just swipe a plate for themselves and go sit somewhere and eat it.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

When I first started I was doing this

01-14-17_8-15-28PM.png

Now I feed them like this.

01-16-17_6-29-49PM.png

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I so far have put them in their highchair and feed them peas, lol. I'm not sure why, but of all the toddler food options my toddlers so far have enjoyed peas the most, anything else they trow on the floor and wont eat.. :D

Mine too! I guess we have healthy toddlers.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Sometimes I feed my toddlers in the high chair if their hungry bar is low but not in the yellow or red, as it's been mentioned that it does take a bit longer to warm up chicken nuggets, etc. But usually I leave food out on the table and the toddler can reach & grab their own plate. This works well with my Sims busy lifestyle and I like that my tots are basically self sufficient.
  • Options
    GnarlyGnarly Posts: 55 Member
    Fastest way to eat in a highchair that i've noticed was to put the toddler there first, then grab them some grub. I've noticed that when I select to give food to the toddler by clicking the highchair my sim will put the food there first and then go grab the toddler. So, I switched it around and it seemed 50% more faster. :)
    giphy.gif
    (∩▂∩)/\(∩▂∩)
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    High chairs are a deco time waster. I just put plates on the floor and they can feed themselves.

You don't need to even go that much trouble. Just have a sim make a serving of food, and put it on the counter. After they are done, you can send the toddler there on their own, and they can grab their own plate. It will then go in their personal inventory, until they find a place to sit, and then they will eat that plate they got all by them self.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I pop them in their highchair and give them the food they come with. I think it's easier that way.
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Depends on how much time the parents have, if they're eating too, and how hungry the toddler is. Usually if the parent(s) is eating as well, I'll put the toddler in the high chair and eat with them. If the kid's super hungry though, I'll just pull out left overs from the fridge and let them eat on the couch.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    EerieEerie Posts: 28 New Member
    My sims don't usually eat together so...I put the highchairs in the toddler's rooms. Or they come to the kitchen, pick up a serving, and then eat on the couch.
  • Options
    jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    I think I am going to try and put the toddler in the highchair first then feed them. If that still takes too long, I will try the bear chairs. I can put them in the dining room so they are still eating with everyone else. Awesome ideas everyone!
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    I put the little bear chairs in the kitchen ( find them in kids furniture section) instead of there highchairs. Toddlers can walk into the kitchen take a serving , like everyone else , and then climb up into the bear chair , or sit on the couch , to eat. Everyone can sit in those bear chairs , many times a parent will sit right beside the toddler sand eat with them.

Thats a fantastic idea, I'm going to do this too
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My toddler feeds himself. I leave food on the counter for him. He grabs it and eats on the sofa.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member
    I feed them whatever the adult sim I'm playing is eating. Two nights ago it was a taco casserole. :)
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I simply put the food on the table or the counter and my little ones help themselves ... it's an easy way to get their movement skill up and they are so darn proud of themselves for getting their own meal :)