Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seriously cannot play until these glitches get fixed

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jrneto2Jrneto2 Posts: 3 New Member
    I bought my MacBook 3 days ago, so I have a new fresh game. The problem is in the game and not in the extras
  • Options
    catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    Jrneto2 wrote: »
    I bought my MacBook 3 days ago, so I have a new fresh game. The problem is in the game and not in the extras

Ye I think this my lap top is pretty much new with new games and its still happening I think its more in the gameplay than what the game is being run on

• Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    I am having the freezing issue as well but it is only when adult sims and child sims go to school. It is driving me CRAZY.
  • Options
    SimQAMadacatSimQAMadacat Posts: 51 SimQA

Thank you for the reports.

@catwoman2005 and @rosehrtgirl Did these issues occur after City Living or since toddlers? Can you provide save games showing the issues?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

I'm just trying to upload the file now, not sure if I have done it right or not. How will I know? and if I have don't it right what happenens next?

I have the file so you did it correctly thank you. When did this start to occur? Since the last patch or since City Living?
  • Options

@catwoman2005 and @rosehrtgirl Did these issues occur after City Living or since toddlers? Can you provide save games showing the issues?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire Link to upload.

I'm just trying to upload the file now, not sure if I have done it right or not. How will I know? and if I have don't it right what happenens next?

I have the file so you did it correctly thank you. When did this start to occur? Since the last patch or since City Living?

To be honest its always been a problem, but I would say even more since the toddler update really
  • Options
    edited January 2017

To be honest its always been a problem, but I would say even more since the toddler update really

Great. Thank you for the information
  • Options

@catwoman2005 Could you provide a DXdiag as well? This would also help our investigation.
  • Options
    ChrissyAnneChrissyAnne Posts: 36 Member
    I am also having the school glitch. Everything freezes around 8am... then eventually unfreezes around 8:40-9:00. So annoying.
  • Options
    StefSimStefSim Posts: 37 Member
    yes me too. everything is freezing when they are about to go to school. I can't switch between sims and then everything gets even worse as my computer starts to make a buzzing sound. the mouse freezes and I have to completely restart the computer. Patch is needed ASAP!
  • Options
    wolfbloodreiwolfbloodrei Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow It's not mods that is doing it and new files do the same thing. I'll try resetting the folder, but I'm not expecting much :(

@ChrissyAnne I am so glad it's not just me! I know it's not mods, since I've played both with and without them on.

@StefSim YEP, sounds about right. Minus the having to restart part. There was one situation where I went into a save and the child hadn't gone to school, and it was already 10am. I told him to go to school and the same thing happened then, too.

It's starting to happen in other instances, too, and is getting pretty annoying. It really sounds like a game bug and I'm hoping it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    @rosemow It's not mods that is doing it and new files do the same thing. I'll try resetting the folder, but I'm not expecting much :(

@ChrissyAnne I am so glad it's not just me! I know it's not mods, since I've played both with and without them on.

@StefSim YEP, sounds about right. Minus the having to restart part. There was one situation where I went into a save and the child hadn't gone to school, and it was already 10am. I told him to go to school and the same thing happened then, too.

It's starting to happen in other instances, too, and is getting pretty annoying. It really sounds like a game bug and I'm hoping it gets fixed soon.

Hello @wolfbloodrei
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :( Since you have posted, there has been many other simmers who have posted about the same issue. It sounds like there is a game issue affecting simmers games.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    If u can maybe check ur cpu activity when this happens, it could be using too much cpu
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I have put this in another thread. But I discovered (by accident) that if you have an adult travel to another lot leaving the kids at home to 'care for self' shortly before school time they will just go off to school with no freezing or lagging occurring. I do hope this works for you all.
  • Options
    Grrrr these problems have started again.
    So every time I get these problems I start a new family and then everything is fine. Been playing the new family for the past week or so with a family of 2 and everything is running fine. they have just had there 2nd child and than that's it the game is slowing down, and lot of standing around. I even started to play with a butler with this family and having issues with him getting stuck not doing any jobs, just standing around.
    Its frustrating me so much
  • Options
    Grrrr these problems have started again.
    So every time I get these problems I start a new family and then everything is fine. Been playing the new family for the past week or so with a family of 2 and everything is running fine. they have just had there 2nd child and than that's it the game is slowing down, and lot of standing around. I even started to play with a butler with this family and having issues with him getting stuck not doing any jobs, just standing around.
    Its frustrating me so much

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having issues. With the butler, try firing him and hiring another one and see if the new butler is bettter.
  • Options
    FosterFoster Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had the sims 4 for PS4 now and there are alot of glitches I was playing last night and it makes me not want to play in some other comments my sims will go into like a stance mode and they won't move I'll send my sim to do something and they will ignore it and go do thier own thing this game was expensive. The icon that shows you how well they are doing while getting a cooking skill or any skill agree they are done the skill thing stays above thier head it's annoying I had a kid and my kid was stuck to the other sim I had to turn it off and back on please can you do an update!!
  • Options
    Foster wrote: »
    I've had the sims 4 for PS4 now and there are alot of glitches I was playing last night and it makes me not want to play in some other comments my sims will go into like a stance mode and they won't move I'll send my sim to do something and they will ignore it and go do thier own thing this game was expensive. The icon that shows you how well they are doing while getting a cooking skill or any skill agree they are done the skill thing stays above thier head it's annoying I had a kid and my kid was stuck to the other sim I had to turn it off and back on please can you do an update!!

Hello @Foster
    It would be best to post about your console issues on threads in the console section on the AHQ EA site,
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en
  • Options
    crazysimmercarzyladycrazysimmercarzylady Posts: 1 New Member
    Today my sim was giving birth in the hospital and it was a girl but then it glitched so I had to re due the the whole things its so frustrating that it make me want to never play the game and I have no more mods in my game but it still wont let me play. Also my sims account is Daisy Sparkles feel free to check out my sims on the gallery . <3 :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Today my sim was giving birth in the hospital and it was a girl but then it glitched so I had to re due the the whole things its so frustrating that it make me want to never play the game and I have no more mods in my game but it still wont let me play. Also my sims account is Daisy Sparkles feel free to check out my sims on the gallery . <3:)

Hello
    Welcomd to the forums. I am sorry that your game glitched and you had to redo the birth again :( Congratulations to your sim though on the birth of their child :)