Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simulation Tech Talk

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Why do toddler beds have only a energy of 1, shouldn't it be higher? Kids beds have a energy of 4. Energy 1, I even hate that more, and your stuck with it since toddlers can only use toddler beds.

I always hated that you have to use an adult single bed to get a higher energy bed for kids that clashes with the kids decor or download cc beds. It would be nice like in real life that sims could update their beds by buying a new mattress, without buying a whole bed that clashes with the decor. Just clicking on the the bed and buying a higher energy mattress would be a really nice touch to the game.

I'll pass the feedback along to the designers.
  • Options
    Why do toddler beds have only a energy of 1, shouldn't it be higher? Kids beds have a energy of 4. Energy 1, I even hate that more, and your stuck with it since toddlers can only use toddler beds.

I always hated that you have to use an adult single bed to get a higher energy bed for kids that clashes with the kids decor or download cc beds. It would be nice like in real life that sims could update their beds by buying a new mattress, without buying a whole bed that clashes with the decor. Just clicking on the the bed and buying a higher energy mattress would be a really nice touch to the game.
    Seconding the "buy mattress" idea, that's one I've been asking for for quite a while.

It does make sense that toddlers would need to sleep longer than big kids, though.

Cool idea!
  • Options
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    How difficult would be to implement a option to "Find Own Place" on computer? Moving out single sims is a pain right now.

Not sure how that would work? You'd want for a Sim to move to a random place?
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    How difficult would be to implement a option to "Find Own Place" on computer? Moving out single sims is a pain right now.

hi just a question that's been really bothering me
    why kids and toddlers body cant be changed by sliding like adults do
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi on another note: the festivals still have this overlay bug all the time. Whether I go or not :( Will this be fixed soon???

I'm not familiar with that issue. Maybe @SimGuruNick knows.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    Toddlers are perfect! :heart:

Thanks!! Glad you like them :)
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi Appreciate all your hard work on this game! I was wondering if you guys were eventually adding the lock hair/makeup options like Sims 3 had? It is such a pain to make sure the same hair is locked among outfits especially. If you could pass this suggestion along to team it'd be much appreciated!

I'm not an expert, but doesn't this option already exist for hair?
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    @SimGuruEugi I know you can't talk about it until after the 1/24 release but it would be interesting to hear (in general terms) about what some of the obstacles the team encountered when designing vampire gameplay and animation and how you worked through it. Especially the potential issues re vampire bites as we have been told that animations involving two sims closely interacting are much more difficult - so just based on the trailer kudos to the team for their effort and for finding ways to make it work so that vampires being vampires were possible! It would be interesting to hear some of the technical details surrounding that because I know I got a kick out of one of the Guru's explaining the holstered baby problem earlier in this thread.

After the release date I'll be glad to funnel questions through to the various people. I actually did NOT work on Vampires ;)

So are you working on the engagement content ? :smile:

I worked on Toddlers for a while, but now I am back to doing other stuff :)

So that's why you were super busy ;) I can't wait to play with them ! :blush: (slow internet :sweat:)

The best kind of busy! It was a really big effort and it was such a great group of people working on it. So proud of what we have done. Hope you guys enjoy it!

I love them ! All the cuteness of toddlers combined with the smoothness of TS4 :smile: I really like that the Sims can pick up the toddlers even if not perfectly in front of them !

Awesome! Glad you noticed. That was nicknamed "fuzzy pickup"!
  • Options
    @SimGuruEugi now that I think about it: would it be possible for sims who own a restaurant or retail store for this to actually show up as their "job"? It'd be great if they weren't listed as unemployed or stay at home parents when they spend so much time working :D I'd generally love it if we could select "self-employed" as a career on the phone (and then pick whether we're self-employed gardeners, techs, painters, even musicians, etc. - basically for anything where you can either make & sell it yourself or for which you can do freelance work). I don't even necessarily think the mechanics would have to be changed for this? I mean, if we're self-employed painters who never skill up or sell a single painting, that doesn't mean we're not self-employed, we're just very unsuccessful at it lol. What I mean with this is: it wouldn't have to be implemented the way it was TS3 with specific job objectives, etc. I'd be fine without that, too. Maybe there could be achievements though, but even just the option of having it listed would make me happy. I really hope this feature will be included (again) one day, it makes for better immersion & story-telling :)

I hear you! I would love for that to be a thing :)
  • Options
    Hi! I have a question regarding toddlers and community venues and I'm wondering if you could help. I'm wondering if any of the current venues is programmed to attract toddlers (with their parents of course lol) eg I know parks usually attract children, lounges seem to attract elders etc. I have built a daycare and it would be neat if other sims' toddlers showed up too.

If this is not currently a feature, would it be feasible to use the lot traits system so we can choose which age groups are attracted to a particular lot?

Thanks in advance and happy simming! :)

I'll have to check. I'm not sure if there's any venue with toddler NPCs.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SimGuruEugi Nice to see another Guru on the forums! *bro fists*

If you are looking for suggestions for future content I started a thread yesterday about the possibility to have actual active schools for different age groups including a day centre for toddlers and elementary type school for kids and a high school for teens.

Do you think in the future we would see active schools a well as having active careers for adults?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @SimGuruEugi now that I think about it: would it be possible for sims who own a restaurant or retail store for this to actually show up as their "job"? It'd be great if they weren't listed as unemployed or stay at home parents when they spend so much time working :D I'd generally love it if we could select "self-employed" as a career on the phone (and then pick whether we're self-employed gardeners, techs, painters, even musicians, etc. - basically for anything where you can either make & sell it yourself or for which you can do freelance work). I don't even necessarily think the mechanics would have to be changed for this? I mean, if we're self-employed painters who never skill up or sell a single painting, that doesn't mean we're not self-employed, we're just very unsuccessful at it lol. What I mean with this is: it wouldn't have to be implemented the way it was TS3 with specific job objectives, etc. I'd be fine without that, too. Maybe there could be achievements though, but even just the option of having it listed would make me happy. I really hope this feature will be included (again) one day, it makes for better immersion & story-telling :)

Do you think it will be? :love:

Just wondering if there's any particular issues associated with adding the feature?

Also, those vamps look fangtastic. Please pass that along too :D
  • Options
    i don't know if this is a glitch or a bug but since the toddler update my sim children been getting flirty if they are near the flirty plumlight you got from having late night in the sims 3

If kids are getting flirty, that's definitely a bug. Letting @SimGuruNick know.
    and a question will it be possible about toddlers to be able to order in a restaurant? like a kiddie menu if you will and have them sleep in tents with outdoor retreat? i know its not possible now but would it be possible in the future?

I'll pass the feedback. There's no explicit toddler ordering right now. As a matter of fact, I believe toddlers are automatically sent to Daycare if you travel with them to a restaurant.
  • Options

Also, those vamps look fangtastic. Please pass that along too :D

Fangtastic... I'm sure @SimGuruNinja would love to hear that... :)
  • Options

Do you think it will be? :love:

Just wondering if there's any particular issues associated with adding the feature?

Can't really say. It's not up to me to decide what goes into the game!
  • Options

If you are looking for suggestions for future content I started a thread yesterday about the possibility to have actual active schools for different age groups including a day centre for toddlers and elementary type school for kids and a high school for teens.

Do you think in the future we would see active schools a well as having active careers for adults?

Anything's possible. Can't really talk about content that's not in the game, though. Sorry.
  • Options
    @SimGuruEugi that's true I guess :'( hope it'll be here on day. Thanks a lot!
  • Options

hi just a question that's been really bothering me
    why kids and toddlers body cant be changed by sliding like adults do

I don't know, actually. My guess is that the ranges are more limited for children due to their smaller size, so they opted for no slider.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Anything's possible. Can't really talk about content that's not in the game, though. Sorry.

Fair enough

I will keep my eyes open for future content ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited January 2017

Thanks a lot SimTrippy! We worked hard on this pack and are proud of it. I hope you'll like it. :wink:
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

@SimGuruEugi I think they mean an option that we had in sims 2. In sims 2 we had an option to move out or kick out. It would be cool if we got them back. That's how it would work.
    "Move out" takes a sim into the world map where a player can choose a new house for them. So instead of manually going into the manage household tab, there could be an option on the computer that separated our sim from the houshokd and takes them to the world view automatically.
    "Kick out" literally kicks out a sim in the streets.
    I really wish this option would come back. Because, sometimes, when I want to add some drama to the sims life, I make a spouse cheat and then kick them out. But it's hard. Because I need to pretend to kick them out instead of actually kicking them out.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options

@SimGuruEugi I think they mean an option that we had in sims 2. In sims 2 we had an option to move out or kick out. It would be cool if we got them back. That's how it would work.
    "Move out" takes a sim into the world map where a player can choose a new house for them. So instead of manually going into the manage household tab, there could be an option on the computer that separated our sim from the houshokd and takes them to the world view automatically.
    I really wish this option would come back. Because, sometimes, when I want to add some drama to the sims life, I make a spouse cheat and then kick them out. But it's hard. Because I need to pretend to kick them out instead of actually kicking them out.

Got it!
  • Options

Thanks a lot SimTrippy! We worked hard on this pack and are proud of it. I hope you'll like it. :wink:

I don't doubt that I will >:) You should be proud, never seen anything quite like it for vamps in the sims. The only thing I don't like, is that we have to wait another 7 days! :D
  • Options

I don't doubt that I will >:) You should be proud, never seen anything quite like it for vamps in the sims. The only thing I don't like, is that we have to wait another 7 days! :D

Also, I'm going to shamelessly plug the new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qx2qMYhgp8

So proud of the GP team!!
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member

Got it!

Actually, I really prefer the current way. I feel I have much more control over where everyone lives. In previous games certain things had to be in place before you could use any of these options, and sometimes it took hours of play you didn't want to do, to get the conditions lined up. I love how you can just get into hood management and overrule the sims' ideas - really play God lol!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top