Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did the patch break pregnancy?

3 tries and my sim who has other kids, is not getting pregnant. Anyone else having this issue post-patch?

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Could just be a string of bad luck. Each time you try for a baby it doesn't look at how many times you've tried with that pair since the last time they got pregnant. You just keep hitting the not get pregnant numbers. I know in previous Sims games, I've sometimes had to have a couple try like 10 times to get the jingle.

I just had a pair of Sims get pregnant and I'm patched.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I had no problems last night. If you have mods related to pregnancy in even the vaguest way, though, be suspicious of them. Lots have needed updating.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I have had this problem even before the patch. Sometimes it takes sims a lot of woohoos to have kids. But then again, it COULD be the patch I suppose.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I was able to get a Sim pregnant since toddlers.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    The default chance for try for baby is something like 80%, but there is still room for a string of failures if the RNG is against you on a particular day. I can't really confirm this, but trying for baby while you still have the sad moodlet from a failed attempt seems to reduce the odds. Try waiting until the moodlet wears off.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    No problem here - had my first baby since the patch last night and he has finally turned into a toddler :)
  • Options
    herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    No, thank goodness! Just had a baby last night haha. But I've noticed with adult female Sims, sometimes it can take a while to work.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    No mods, I realized the husband had an illness. Gave him medicine and then they were able to conceive. Also, the romance festival came to town and there's all this leftover geekcon stuff left in the way...I took a picture...
    01-15-17_12-54-05PM_zpsxzn9l2ym.png
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    Before the patch,my Sim had a hard time getting pregnant with her 3rd kid (her first 2 were CAS created though) and I got her the fertility massage and she got pregnant after that. Then the next time she got pregnant,she ended up having twin boys without any help (no massage or fertility traits).

Now after the patch,her oldest daughter is married and she didn't get pregnant the first time her and her husband tried. I had them try again a day later and she got pregnant just fine. Then,they tried again for a second baby...and ended up with twin girls without any help :P

I believe it is comepltely random if a try for baby attempt fails. I have noticed in the past that when a female Sim is an adult,it seems like they can have a harder time getting pregnant which is something that can happen in real life. My first Sim I talked about was an adult when I made her and she ended up having a girl,twin boys then another boy. Her daughter was about half way through young adulthood when she got pregnant with her son. And just for the record,I play with MC Command Center installed.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    kittychan89kittychan89 Posts: 80 Member
    DONT DO IT
    dont try to get pregnant until a new patch comes out I did and now im stuck at her giving birth and my game crashing everytime and its not mod related!
    CC is my life
    So Excited for vampires
    Kittychan89 is my OriginID
    my toddlers on sims are menaces
    Packs/Expansions I want for the sims 4
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • World Adventures
    • Something like island Paradise
    • werewolf's vampires faeries witches
    • Toddlers
    • Farm Life with like Chickens and cows

• Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I had my Sim get pregnant since the toddlers patch and she had a baby just fine. Haven't played with the toddlers just yet but I'm really excited to.
  • Options
    lucky ive tried everything i don't know what it could be ive noticed it happening to others as well but its with twins i have a question for you do you have city living?
    CC is my life
    So Excited for vampires
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • World Adventures
    • Toddlers

• Options
    lucky ive tried everything i don't know what it could be ive noticed it happening to others as well but its with twins i have a question for you do you have city living?

I do yes.
  • Options
    meubanks wrote: »
    The default chance for try for baby is something like 80%, but there is still room for a string of failures if the RNG is against you on a particular day. I can't really confirm this, but trying for baby while you still have the sad moodlet from a failed attempt seems to reduce the odds. Try waiting until the moodlet wears off.

When sad from a failed attempt the "try for baby" option is grayed out so you can't even try. I think the problem was the husband was sick. I forgot he had picked up an illness from one of his patients at the hospital. It wasn't until he broke out in a rash that I remembered he was ill. They were able to conceive after he got well.
  • Options

I do yes.

well whats been happening which im about to get back on and go attempt to have the babies at the hospital she goes up to the bassinets and i see like i have no idea its some kind of light on the floor and the lot trait is on ley line or something like that so im starting to that that MAYBE JUST MAYBE that might have something to do with it im not positive
    CC is my life
    So Excited for vampires
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • World Adventures
    • Toddlers

• Options
    i will let everyone know how that one goes for me !
    CC is my life
    So Excited for vampires
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • World Adventures
    • Toddlers

• Options

I do yes.

well whats been happening which im about to get back on and go attempt to have the babies at the hospital she goes up to the bassinets and i see like i have no idea its some kind of light on the floor and the lot trait is on ley line or something like that so im starting to that that MAYBE JUST MAYBE that might have something to do with it im not positive

starting to think that maybe its the lot trait * mixed with the new updated possibly and the twins
    CC is my life
    So Excited for vampires
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • World Adventures
    • Toddlers

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I feel like it has broken it, because ( I mentioned this on another thread), that my testing Sim gave birth; I went into CAS, exited and then she was no longer the babies mother. (Checked the family tree); and then her pregnancy reset. So now she has "two" boys. x-x I hope they release a patch soon.
  • Options
    AAAAND A BIG OL FAT CRASH :'(
    CC is my life
    So Excited for vampires
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • World Adventures
    • Toddlers

• Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I feel like it has broken it, because ( I mentioned this on another thread), that my testing Sim gave birth; I went into CAS, exited and then she was no longer the babies mother. (Checked the family tree); and then her pregnancy reset. So now she has "two" boys. x-x I hope they release a patch soon.

In other words, the patch punishes you for having babies-- Or trying to have babies before the patches arrival..
    This actually doesn't surprise me some how... Guess it's a glitch EA couldn't fix? (Best to give EA the benefit of the doubt, no?)
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    One of my Sims went to the hospital to give birth, but the baby didn't arrive. Her bump disappeared but no baby. I'm removing some mods and replacing the ones that are updated now though, so I'll see if that fixes it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've had no issues but I did reset my game folder to totally new after I downloaded the patch and started totally over. I have no mods or CC - but then I never had any mods or CC anyway in Sims 4. Don't forget not just mods can become troublesome so can some CC seeing there was code changes to allow these little sims to use content already in the game so things they may interact with that is CC like furniture and such may be compromised if it is CC furnishings that does not contain the new code. Maxis patches only update stuff made by Maxis - so CC makers need to update their CC meshes especially for buy mode and build mode content toddlers may now use..

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Kilov17 wrote: »

In other words, the patch punishes you for having babies-- Or trying to have babies before the patches arrival..
    This actually doesn't surprise me some how... Guess it's a glitch EA couldn't fix? (Best to give EA the benefit of the doubt, no?)

i could have loads of babies just fine until the toddle patch xD...
    CC is my life
    So Excited for vampires
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • World Adventures
    • Toddlers

• Options
    IVE GOT HAPPY NEWS I HAVE HAD BABIES THAT HAVE THEIR DADS HAIRS AND IM ABLE TO AGE THEM UP TO TODDLERS :D
    CC is my life
    So Excited for vampires
    • Seasons
    • Pets
    • University
    • World Adventures
    • Toddlers

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,613 Member
    IVE GOT HAPPY NEWS I HAVE HAD BABIES THAT HAVE THEIR DADS HAIRS AND IM ABLE TO AGE THEM UP TO TODDLERS :D

Hello
    That is great! :) I am glad that it has worked out for you :)