Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll ever get a Teacher career?

That's the last career I need in my game :sweat_smile: Is it possible to have custom careers? And if so, does anyone know where I can find a CC teacher career?

I'd love a Maxis official career though... think it'll happen? Want it to happen? If not, what new (or old) careers would you like to see in the game? Also, do you think or desire that TS4 will add new active careers to expand on GTW?

Comments

• Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I really do hope so! I'm personally going to college right now to be an elementary school teacher so it would actually mean quite a bit to me if that was added to the game.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's not something I would use in my game, just like the go to school mod wasn't. I usually have the no school mod installed instead.

If they add anything relating to school, I am hoping for a home-schooling thing with farm life. I enjoy my kids much more when they aren't off to the brainwashing institutes that are called schools. B)

It's my sims against the system! I guess that's why I got " Rebellious" Vampire on the quiz. o:)
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    They've been heading into the fantasy careers route so I doubt it. They did finally bring it back in 3 but it was tacked on and buried under other content. I really wish they would head back to more normal careers rather than the goofy stuff.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It's not something I would use in my game, just like the go to school mod wasn't. I usually have the no school mod installed instead.

If they add anything relating to school, I am hoping for a home-schooling thing with farm life. I enjoy my kids much more when they aren't off to the brainwashing institutes that are called schools. B)

It's my sims against the system! I guess that's why I got " Rebellious" Vampire on the quiz. o:)

This needs the *lol* button because I actually laughed out loud when I read this :lol:

@KHS12 I hope that they add them too! And best of luck with uni! Teachers are the real world changers~!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

This needs the *lol* button because I actually laughed out loud when I read this :lol:

It's funny, but true!
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I hope so as well since there seems to be a number of fellow teachers on this site! :smile:
    I always loved when my sims became "supply/substitute" teachers because that is my actual profession haha
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I sure hope so. I loved the teacher career in TS1 -TS3. Maybe in university or generations, if we get those.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I would love to see a Back to School GP (or whatever name the Gurus want to name it) that would expand on the school system by allowing you to go to school with kids and teens and also add a teacher career.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm hoping for a day care career now. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I would love a teacher career. It was one of the first ones I looked for when we got the game. I second the less goofy careers too... I feel weird about any of my Sims being secret agents. I love the option to choose your career too. I came from TS2 so it was new for me!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    AmyCarolyn wrote: »
    I would love to see a Back to School GP (or whatever name the Gurus want to name it) that would expand on the school system by allowing you to go to school with kids and teens and also add a teacher career.

This is my hope too. I want it mostly for the kids, but I'd absolutely use a career in it too.

In the meantime, there's this for the teaching career: http://modthesims.info/d/586618
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

This is my hope too. I want it mostly for the kids, but I'd absolutely use a career in it too.

In the meantime, there's this for the teaching career: http://modthesims.info/d/586618

Thank you for this link! Can totally make do until hopefully an official version comes out :relieved:
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,460 Member
    @nanashi-sims: I also believe Zerbu's Go To School mod includes an education career. However, while he was updating some files for it his computer suffered the "blue screen of death." and he lost a good bit of data. So it'll be quite some time before the mod's updated.
  • Options
    jlapaojlapao Posts: 70 Member
    Indeed. It is my favourite career in both TS1 (excluding Superstar) and TS2.

I think this career's Level 10 (Minister of Education) was the highest ranking position amongst all other Level 10 career ranks. I'm quite sure a Minister is above a Mayor.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I want something like this too.
    But combined with uni, lots of education related jobs.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member

Yessssssssssss. So much this.
  • Options
    cgrasso1121cgrasso1121 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have noticed a new interaction-- joke about teachers-- since the toddler patch. Hint maybe?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    We need more careers, definitely. Hopefully there will be more "realistic" jobs (or more, um, "normal day jobs" kinds of jobs).

I would love a teacher one. I would also love a daycare career as well. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I'm really hoping they do an active career/school education EP. Sims 3 University, meshed and tweaked for primary, secondary and university. Gives us a mini world-neighborhood with enough lots for that experience. This is why I love 4, the way it can be added onto.
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    I would love to see an education career and the ability for sims to run and use daycare centers.

I like to see more careers in general as well, but it's hard to really say what since most of the career paths are very broad and encompass a lot of jobs. It would be cool to see the Entertainer career expanded to include things like actor, model (surprised this isn't already a thing considering the photography stuff) producer, editor, etc, maybe with a "Sim Hollywood" pack.
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    I requested that this thread be moved into the Ideas and Feedback so that hopefully the devs will see everyone's ideas on a teacher career if they are considering adding this career. :smile:

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    matthew1112matthew1112 Posts: 77 Member
    I would love to hire a teacher to teach my toddler skills. I have a doctor sim and a singer sim so training is hard to fit around their work.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    They should do a School gamepack. One of the few things i liked about Thesims3 was the open classroom on University pack, have the dynamics of the life of a child or teenager is related to school i think, and making it a visible lot with the option for a teacher profession would be epic for storytelling purposes.

Perhaps they could do an educational themed EP with both an university town and a School open lot similar to the ones in GTW.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited January 2017
    v12creator wrote: »
    They should do a School gamepack. One of the few things i liked about Thesims3 was the open classroom on University pack, have the dynamics of the life of a child or teenager is related to school i think, and making it a visible lot with the option for a teacher profession would be epic for storytelling purposes.

Perhaps they could do an educational themed EP with both an university town and a School open lot similar to the ones in GTW.

I always thought was good how the professor had a lecture and you can either sleep, take notes, and ask questions. In highschool they should have the same and the option of passing notes with an option of getting caught and an option of got caught cheating on test eating like snacks. Taking notes in class should help improve homework.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on