Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll ever get a Teacher career?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    I would love a teaching career but more variety of careers in general would be nive
  • Options
    kurokuroikurokuroi Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, that's what I am hoping. It would be great if we could also get to choose which subject to teach. (ex. art teacher, math teacher, science teacher, music teacher, or just general teacher)
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    kurokuroi wrote: »
    Yes, that's what I am hoping. It would be great if we could also get to choose which subject to teach. (ex. art teacher, math teacher, science teacher, music teacher, or just general teacher)

That would actually be a really nice thing to have as it will make your sims focus on a specific skill rather than a generic one - Maths teachers need to work on their logic skill, English teachers need to work on their writing skill, (If we get a holiday pack, French teachers have to work on their French skill?).

It could be like in the Political career where you have to choose your party, instead you have to choose your subject!
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    YES PLEASE!!! I'd love more "normal" careers like we had in TS2. For some reason, I find them much cooler.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    By the way guys, if you're open to using mods there's a Teaching Career Mod on Mod the Sims.
    modthesims.info/d/586618

I downloaded it earlier today, and so far it seems very good!
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I really hope they add a teacher career, whether it's an active career or not. If they do go with this career, I hope they add some cool career rewards like classroom decorations, a teachers desk, chalkboard, etc.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I would love that career back and I love @kurokuroi's idea about teachers for different subjects. We need more careers in general.
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I'm kind of digging the idea of homeschooling and private tutors coming in to the more richer families, or like in the sims 2 maybe private schooling can make an appearance somewhere down the line. I do want a daycare or nursery since the toddlers within the sims 4 are more pre-schoolers than babies I don't know I would love different academies for sims like art school, horse-riding school, acting school and maybe it can be an open career sort of layout.
  • Options
    gust292gust292 Posts: 4 New Member
    In general, we need more careers. Teacher is a must have though, and I think it would be wicked rad if you could travel to it, like in gtw.
    Even better if you could be a teacher at a school one of your sim kids go to, so you can embarrass them in front of all their friends :D
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Yubell wrote: »
    I'm kind of digging the idea of homeschooling and private tutors coming in to the more richer families, or like in the sims 2 maybe private schooling can make an appearance somewhere down the line. I do want a daycare or nursery since the toddlers within the sims 4 are more pre-schoolers than babies I don't know I would love different academies for sims like art school, horse-riding school, acting school and maybe it can be an open career sort of layout.

I love the idea of an NPC tutor for faster homework completion and higher grades!
  • Options
    dannysage123dannysage123 Posts: 81 Member
    I hope this career does come back & joined in with GTW so I can control them at work, as I was a bit disappointed when I played GTW & it only had 3 careers.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    I hope this career does come back & joined in with GTW so I can control them at work, as I was a bit disappointed when I played GTW & it only had 3 careers.

I know. Active careers are the only significant original game play that TS4 brings to this feature if you discount the alien planet which also comes with GTW--which is game play suited to a specific type of simmer and not the general simming community. In my opinion, active careers were not fully fleshed out and there were too many issues (such as the alien invasions) to make GTW a success. I had hoped with the politician career that the devs would revisit this feature, but no luck. I too would appreciate if teaching were an active career (along with going to school!).
  • Options
    Nikki P.Nikki P. Posts: 26 Member
    I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the Education career back, but make it a "Get to Work" career. How cool would that be to go to school with your Sim kids, and teach in their class? Or just teach in a class, with all the sim kids in the neighborhood. I think it would be so fun.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I think an education career is much needed in Sims 4. I would love it to include a traditional teacher branch and like a scholarly professor branch. Unfortunately I don't think we would get anything like this until a University expansion is created.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I think so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    I’d like an education career too!

With levels like substitute teacher, kindergarten teacher.

It’ll give Zoe Patel something to do with her life