Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will 2k17 Be The Year For Sims 4?

goldsimmeergoldsimmeer Posts: 274 Member
Toddlers, Vampires, AND Pets, Oh my! The Sims team has really spoiled us in the last to weeks. This forum will be divided into four sections: Confirmed & In Game, Confirmed, Founded Speculation (This means that we have founded evidence that it could be coming to the game soon), and Unfounded Speculation (This is just a section where you can predict some of the things that might be coming in 2017. So... Let's get started!
-
Confirmed and In Game:
- Toddlers!!!! (January 12th 2017)

Confirmed:
- Vampires (January 24th 2017)

Founded Speculation:
- Pets (January 12th 2017)

Unfounded Speculation:
- Seasons Game Pack
Post edited by goldsimmeer on

Comments

• Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Where did Pets come from??? Now I'm really intrigued.
  • Options
    CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    where are the pets rumors coming from? I've seen people say they want pets, but nothing that could really start a rumor..
    What did I miss?
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    when did anyone say anything about pets though? it's been hinted (English isn't my native language so I don't know if hinted is a word)
    since Spa Day I think..

-Yarden.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    where are the pets rumors coming from? I've seen people say they want pets, but nothing that could really start a rumor..
    What did I miss?

There is this- http://simscommunity.info/2017/01/12/the-sims-4-code-found-for-pets-expansion-pack/

Ah, I hadn't seen that.. I knew I had to have missed something.. lol
    Thank you :smile:
    No movement.
    End of entry
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    when did anyone say anything about pets though? it's been hinted (English isn't my native language so I don't know if hinted is a word)
    since Spa Day I think..

We've had Pets survey for a while now but we never had any mention of Pets in the game files until recently.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    It will be their year if they fix sim personalities.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I hope this is the year so weather, doesn't have to be in a pack. But I would really like basic weather, rain, cloudy, snow with some basic items. Then have a seasons pack to further extend that. I'm tired of sun all the time, thats why I'm looking forward to the vampire pack
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I hope this is the year so weather, doesn't have to be in a pack. But I would really like basic weather, rain, cloudy, snow with some basic items. Then have a seasons pack to further extend that. I'm tired of sun all the time, thats why I'm looking forward to the vampire pack

I agree. I'd like some weather as well.. maybe not full seasons yet.. but just weather.
    No movement.
    End of entry
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I hope so.

We're barely finished with the first quarter, and I'd say they really surprised and impressed me. If the other quarters of this year are anything like this one, I'd say it will be a great year.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I hope so.

We're barely finished with the first quarter, and I'd say they really surprised and impressed me. If the other quarters of this year are anything like this one, I'd say it will be a great year.

To be fair, it is the 13th of January. Q1 2017 is far, far from finished.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I agree. I'd like some weather as well.. maybe not full seasons yet.. but just weather.

Exactly <3
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Where did Pets come from??? Now I'm really intrigued.

http://simscommunity.info/2017/01/12/the-sims-4-code-found-for-pets-expansion-pack/
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,279 Member
    edited January 2017
    My speculation

EP04 Pets between May and October 2017
    GP05 Seasons between July and December 2017
  • Options
    My speculation

Do you have any evidence for seasons?
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    of course i totally agree

but even if such an update would improve the game at every corner,
    it's not something that can be sold as flashy as PETS or transgender meshes

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    of course i totally agree

but even if such an update would improve the game at every corner,
    it's not something that can be sold as flashy as PETS or transgender meshes

I agree, there feels to be something lacking in the sims personality, maybe it is the fact that they only gave us three traits and a lousy aspiration system. That being said I am an optimist so I try to believe that this is what they will try to address next.
  • Options
    JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    So far the developers have started off 2017 great with toddlers and amazing vampires. Not to mention practically all of them tweeted about this year being the best one yet. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think a lot of players will be getting what they hope for this year o:)
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I hope so! I think 2016 was a transition year and they really re-directed focus to make many people happy. Now we all can just focus on bringing new and classic features into the game from here on out. Everyone's gonna have their favorites for sure.

For me I'm hoping for it to be like 2015 and they release 2 GP's and 2 EP's. SP's in between! (which gives space for like 6 or so!) Either way, I look forward to whatever they bring. Vampires are a fan favorite so I'm glad they're coming into the game. A GP? Just vampires? Yikes. At least like, Vampires, wizards and witches if your gonna add magic and powers to a sim? Is it just me? However - This is not a favorite genre of mine in the past, so I'm still indifferent even if Sims 3 made me like it. I never played Makin Magic, my CPU died so I never knew the hoopla. LOL

If Pets follows the bowling SP, my *personal* hopes for a GP would be Cars... and the EP Seasons and I'd be in Simmer heaven. Everything else is icing. However, I know my wants differ from others so, however it comes about!
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hmmm... I checked but this is all I got.

ruacg0.jpg

They should have done the right thing and just hired you to make worlds with them, even if remotely. LOL Stinks. I actually vowed to learn how to build the worlds from scratch in Sims 4 and look it. :( I missed doing it in 2. I didn't in 3, too complicated for me to learn so late in the series. You are great at it.

But I'm gonna be more hopeful. They surpassed my expectations with toddlers so, with that being said, I'm just gonna root my for my cars and s seasons sporadically from time to time in the future and see what happens. It's nice not feeling like "i don't want this game" to "I can't wait to get this game now". lol
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,279 Member
    edited January 2017
    My speculation

Do you have any evidence for seasons?

Seasons because ... Winter is coming

04v1pbefmo21.bmp