Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...what did the toddler patch break (besides mods)?

Comments

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    My sim was finally having her baby after a long pregnancy and then it glitched deleted the birth/baby and moodlets that she was ever preggo :(
  • Options
    TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    My sim was finally having her baby after a long pregnancy and then it glitched deleted the birth/baby and moodlets that she was ever preggo :(

Would you mind checking your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder for a "lastexception_something" file? If you could share the contents of that with me it'd be appreciated.

I'm working on a quick patch for what I suspect is causing a lot of the issues. The daycare service code is written somewhat poorly and is throwing a lot of errors that are affecting households.

[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,597 Member
    Definitely experiencing the "no lip movement/delayed lip movement" when talking bug.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Only bug that i have is that Sims mouths don't move sometimes when they talk.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    RorosimsRorosims Posts: 51 Member
    One thing (may either be a problem or a mere inconvenience) I noticed is that, when you try to change a male toddler in CAS a to child-or-older sim, there is a chance that the male child will have a female voice. Likely because there is not a difference in a male and female toddler's voices, and when you change the toddler to a different life stage the game doesn't recognize their gender when assigning voice. Yet to be tested whether the problem exists outside of CAS (when trying to age up a toddler in live mode) also, or if girl toddlers have this problem as well.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've noticed a few things.

When I was making a toddler in CAS (an alien toddler, if that matters), my toddler's eyebrows kept reverting to the platinum blond setting despite me changing it to match the hair color.

I also had the bug where my sim got stuck picking up plates.

One of my sims couldn't give the toddler a bath. He'd put the kid in the tub and then immediately take him out. I've had this happen with adult sims pre-toddler patch though, so I don't think it's a bug specific to this patch.

The first time I tried to age up a baby, something went wrong and the baby disappeared from the bassinet, although his portrait was still there. I went into CAS and he returned, so I tried again and he aged into a toddler, so I suppose that fixed the issue.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Dad came home from work and wanted to hug daughter who was eating. Usually daughter would put food in pocket and wait to be hugged this time she just kept on eating. I don't know if it is related to the patch. I will have to try another family to see if the same thing happens.

that's interesting
    here it would be appropriate if the interaction would be according to the traits, the relationship & the experience aka memory
    but since traits are still shallow (i suppose, didn't play this game for months now), relationships are being culled & remain rather shallow as well & there are still no memories, so ... somehow an emptied interaction either way

but sims shouldn't put food into their pocket, nobody sane in mind is doing that, especially just to be hugged :joy:
    it would be funny if those sims were different enough to have different reactions & one of them would be the insanity of putting the food into their pocket, that would be something :joy:
    but it's not funny at all if they just do it as a programmed shortcut, it's annoying :cookie:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i suggest taking out anything related to pregnancy/baby/ui ETC
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    On bug i have noticed is sims dont carry food anymore. they put it in their pockets and then pull it out to eat it again. not huge but a little annoying

That happened to me before updates and yeah it's annoying.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    One thing I noticed is that the mouths of Sims either don't move when talking or their mouth movements are delayed. It goes back and forth. Another thing I noticed (at least I hope it's game related) is lower FPS than before the patch. Sometimes the FPS drop below 30 and it stutters for a quick second. Especially when the sunlight changes during the mornings and evenings. The game will also freeze for a split second every once in awhile (especially when switching tabs between relationships, motives, etc and whenever a Sim's emotion changes). I don't recall that happening before the patch. Other games are playing perfectly fine with smooth gameplay on high and ultra settings, so I'm pretty sure these issues are Sims 4 related. I also don't use any mods. It always seems like big patches like this one end up creating more bugs for some reason.

Hopefully these issues are addressed and get fixed soon. Aside from these issues, however, I'm really enjoying having toddlers in The Sims 4! :smiley: They're adorable and much more fun than in previous games! <3
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,651 Member
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »
    my Sims's mouths don't move when they talk but it seems to be just these two sims so far (that i've noticed)

Yah, I'm getting this too when an adult sim is talking to the toddler to carry them out of the chair or something.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Linnyxx17 wrote: »
    my Sims's mouths don't move when they talk but it seems to be just these two sims so far (that i've noticed)

Same, I thought it was my "less smiling" overlay messing it up, but I took it out and it's still a problem. It's not consistent though; sometimes their face will be frozen in a smile while they're speaking, and sometimes their mouths will open correctly.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Mini_GilesMini_Giles Posts: 7 New Member
    I currently have lots of ventriloquism happening as well and I am not sure how helpful nannies were before toddlers but, they a definitely not helpful now. Just standing about and occasionally cooking does not match the job description of occasional diaper changer and entertainment provider.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    I noticed a strange bug. When editing the outfits of my restaurant staff, clicking to see your outfit options resulted in that "unknown object" llama icon to appear, and all the other outfits disappeared. Going into CAS and back out fixed the problem.
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited January 2017
    My family won't load after I went to CAS and saved my changes. It keeps endlessly looping back to the neighborhood map. This was after restarting the game too.

EDIT: This is with mods. I have yet to try removing them and seeing what happens. :grimace:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    My family won't load after I went to CAS and saved my changes. It keeps endlessly looping back to the neighborhood map. This was after restarting the game too.

Is this mod-free?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »

Is this mod-free?

No, it isn't. :blush: I have been reading the suggestions in other threads and I'm noticing that this is a CC problem. Let me edit my post.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    OzzieneOzziene Posts: 96 Member
    It seems to have broken the setage cheat. I'm not sure, haven't tested it
    The sims 4 scientist and the creator of "Pixile Images"
  • Options
    Ozziene wrote: »
    It seems to have broken the setage cheat. I'm not sure, haven't tested it

I saw elsewhere that this was removed from the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MadFetziMadFetzi Posts: 1 New Member
    Since that update I can't save my game anymore. I always getting error code 510.
  • Options
    MikaScarletMikaScarlet Posts: 34 Member
    My Sim got pregnant after the patch and I decided to age up the baby after getting the birthday notification. The toddler is invisible. They can interact with the toddler, but I can't save the game or come out of change appearance/change sim without a stuck loading screen.
  • Options
    MadFetzi wrote: »
    Since that update I can't save my game anymore. I always getting error code 510.

Head down to the Bugs forum - @rosemow has been helping with similar issues there.
  • Options
    sammybluejaysammybluejay Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded the new update last night and have been trying to play it all morning. Worked fine for a little bit, and then the time controls stopped working completely. The keyboard controls stopped working, so I started clicking the controls on the screen - each control would be highlighted like it should be, but the time continued on the 1 setting even when the pause button was selected. Wouldn't stop or speed up and the Sims I was using were all stuck doing whatever they were doing and wouldn't obey any more commands. I didn't have any issues like this before the update and don't have any mods/CC...
  • Options
    Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    My pregnancy module in the MC command center mod has stopped working. I had one sim who was pregnant, but when she went to the hospital to give birth she returned home with nothing :neutral:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    My pregnancy module in the MC command center mod has stopped working. I had one sim who was pregnant, but when she went to the hospital to give birth she returned home with nothing :neutral:

There's an update now :) (It's the same number, but a new file as of about a half-hour or hour ago)