Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Give a Big Hand to the Developers

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    Just finished watching the stream. They knocked it out of the park. The bed vs crib thing is a bit different, but it works, and I'm content with it personally - because there are so many improvements on what they seemingly can do! That's awesome. very happy Simmer today. I can't wait to join the Sims 4 era. There's part of me wanting to go to store and get game, and another part of me that is like "you will get nothing else dont and now isn't the time" LOL

They did an awesome job on them from what I just saw. What was best, was the classic Sims 2 glitch of Sims getting single serve plates stuck on their hands. It was literally like watching a moment from Sims 2 - and without toddlers, I dont know, the Sims doesn't seem like "The Sims". I'm very proud of what they've created. They're like mini kids! It's nice to see they could improve them from previous versions when everyone was like "just bring toddlers' lol

Kudo's & Bravo!

Re: bed vs. crib -- when Kids Room Stuff came out, I believe it was @SimGuruGraham who said they were aiming for making children skew a bit "older" with the content. I think with the toddlers they went a similar direction, with toddlers starting out more in the age 2-3 range which is when a lot of them start transitioning to a bed (sometimes a regular twin bed with a rail, so it's cute that they have their own little bed that matches the existing children's furniture).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Oh yes. I'm really, really thankful.
    I'm still at a loss for words, the happiness left me speechless.
    Thank you for listening to the community and working on this project for two years.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Thank you Gurus for giving the community what they wanted, i know youve made so many people happy today and brought back hope for the game from those who where upset. I'm not a big family player but i'm so excited to see this patch finally arrive!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Thank you! This looks like a fun addition. Just in time for my birthday!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    Thanks EA. I am enjoying playing my first Family with two toddlers. I need a bit of a rest now from all the stuff going on in the house now they are all tired out and in bed! So am I. :D
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well from a 'critics' point of view, I think that it is brilliant that they actually went ahead and followed what a lot of players had been asking for. Of course toddlers couldn't be done over night, it was not unknown that they cannot 'talk about future content and of there was a big risk of them being done 'badly' which would have undermined the game even further but considering they gave them away for free, something which most of us said would never happen, I think they have actually really managed to wow everyone, possibly for the first time since TS4 was released.

There is still a lot of work that needs to be done, the game is still no where near to the level that some of us want to see but there does appear to be some steps into the right direction finally so it is worth having some faith in the team. They do actually care about the series, they have just had a lot more obstacles to work through but some steps are better than none at all.

So yes, congratulations to the devs and the community! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Thank you developers both toddlers and vampires I'm pretty excited for. :)

As for the silent comment, that is not the developers fault. They have a contract saying they can not say anything about future content, this included things like toddlers. If a developer broke that contract they could get fired or even sued. It is the heads of EA who made those contracts...not the developers. It's also very normal in the technology field to have such contracts.

We're not blaming just the developers. We don't want leaks and such we want EA as a whole, to be forthcoming with information. If they had said, "Look forward to toddlers in the future with a patch!" You bet people would have bought more copies at the beginning, increasing their funding, to provide better gameplay.
  • Options
    Sims2ForeverSims2Forever Posts: 11 New Member
    Thank you so, so much
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    I'm beyond impressed with the dev team right now. Good job SimGurus!
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you developers for giving both family players and supernatural players amazing content and attention in the span of a week! :heart:
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Thank you!!!
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Thank you!!!

Time to change that pic of yours I guess :wink:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, it's a really cool surprise from the devs. I am not one of those people who were waiting for toddlers with bated breath, but I will definitely have a good use of them in my game and I'm pretty excited. It's especially nice to see toddlers as a free update (which I think is right since they should be one of the features of the base game) and it is even more exciting since this was just so unexpected :D

Edit: typo
    Post edited by MorticiaBlack7 on
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you-thank you-thank you-thank you, THANK YOU SO MUCH, EA devs and gurus!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley:

I need to update my game now! Gosh, this is such a relief! :bawling:

Now I'm super excited about the vamp pack as well! :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    It's a step in the right direction, albeit very late in the game and about as far as they can go to correcting the mistakes they made with this game but cant wait to play with my little tots - Lynn Rachel and Frank to honor this update
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    Thank you devs!! Thank you EA!! Extremely pleasant surprise. It still feels like a dream. Thank you for all your hard work. This patch is amazing and the toddlers look exactly what I imagined them to be.
  • Options
    PawsNyuuPawsNyuu Posts: 142 Member
    Thank you very much, developers! It feels like this is the beginning of a new era for Sims. I can't wait to see what comes next.
    Origin ID: NyuuMoe
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks devs! I haven't been on the forums for almost a week so to check back to see ...vampires and toddlers coming (+pets!!) is totally awesome. Now I can truly believe 2017 is the best year for TS4 and it's only just begun! holy plum good job
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited January 2017
    This is my first sims game in the series, so I wasn't attached to the idea of toddlers (more just intrigued), but I must say, first impression: These adorable little buggers are pretty much everything you could want in a toddler sim, and I keep having to go out and buy a new cuteness meter because it keeps overloading.

Now if you could just patch real life, so that my brain doesn't explode from the cuteness, we'll be golden. :tongue:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    I just wanna add a slightly-less-glowing but still positive note:

I don't mean to be a downer, but the 2 year wait with absolute silence was still a bit much. I mean Dine Out for example had that baby bottle, and the devs claimed they added it "just because" and (intended or no) gave off an impression not to read too much into it. Why? If they can't outright say it, ok, but they not only didn't say a word, but seemed to be against the idea we'd get them. I think I even remember a statement that there were "no current plans to add toddlers" not too long ago. (6 months?)

I do still believe the communication - or lack thereof - could've absolutely been better and got downright unacceptable there, regardless of company policy about silence on updates; exceptions should exist in such extreme cases. If an opportunity arose for history to repeat itself, I would complain exactly as I had all over again. This is a feature people wanted at launch, and while two years and three months can be understandable from a development standpoint, two years and three months of pure silence while expecting people to just "have faith" cannot. I do think that is still something to improve on and that the people involved with the complaints and criticisms should not be shamed for having them. There's an "EA silence on family play" thread that made it to 1000 pages before we got Toddlers, and that to me is a perfect testament to why it was such a problem.

Having said all of that, I do view Toddlers (and the apparent quality of vampires) as symbolic. Hopefully, this can be the turning point for Sims 4 and hopefully this will mark an improvement in update/pack quality. I mention the above not to repeatedly shame EA or out of some petty desire to continue on with criticism, but because I just don't want us moving forward having learned the "wrong" lesson, thinking that 2 years and 3 months of silence is in any way acceptable. I don't want people to be soooooooo happy they forget the rather justifiable reasons for the outrage to begin with.

But this is all of course a lesson in learning from history. For the moment itself though...? Things look good. The Sims team has seen a change in management, to my understanding, and the release of toddlers was the #1 demand since release while I can personally attest the vampire powers system is plum similar to a suggestion I made. As I said, this is good. This is a good way to restore faith.

For the moment things look great and I hope the Sims team keeps up the good work. Let's move forward, let's improve the game, and let's learn from past mistakes.

I don't want to be a downer either but I used to love ts4 until I realized it was stressing me out culling my beautiful creations. I always hoped for more content but that culling is a nightmare. The toddlers look great it's just too bad because I quit. Congrats to all though.
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited January 2017
    I just wanna add a slightly-less-glowing but still positive note:

I don't mean to be a downer, but the 2 year wait with absolute silence was still a bit much. I mean Dine Out for example had that baby bottle, and the devs claimed they added it "just because" and (intended or no) gave off an impression not to read too much into it. Why? If they can't outright say it, ok, but they not only didn't say a word, but seemed to be against the idea we'd get them. I think I even remember a statement that there were "no current plans to add toddlers" not too long ago. (6 months?)

I do still believe the communication - or lack thereof - could've absolutely been better and got downright unacceptable there, regardless of company policy about silence on updates; exceptions should exist in such extreme cases. If an opportunity arose for history to repeat itself, I would complain exactly as I had all over again. This is a feature people wanted at launch, and while two years and three months can be understandable from a development standpoint, two years and three months of pure silence while expecting people to just "have faith" cannot. I do think that is still something to improve on and that the people involved with the complaints and criticisms should not be shamed for having them. There's an "EA silence on family play" thread that made it to 1000 pages before we got Toddlers, and that to me is a perfect testament to why it was such a problem.

Having said all of that, I do view Toddlers (and the apparent quality of vampires) as symbolic. Hopefully, this can be the turning point for Sims 4 and hopefully this will mark an improvement in update/pack quality. I mention the above not to repeatedly shame EA or out of some petty desire to continue on with criticism, but because I just don't want us moving forward having learned the "wrong" lesson, thinking that 2 years and 3 months of silence is in any way acceptable. I don't want people to be soooooooo happy they forget the rather justifiable reasons for the outrage to begin with.

But this is all of course a lesson in learning from history. For the moment itself though...? Things look good. The Sims team has seen a change in management, to my understanding, and the release of toddlers was the #1 demand since release while I can personally attest the vampire powers system is plum similar to a suggestion I made. As I said, this is good. This is a good way to restore faith.

For the moment things look great and I hope the Sims team keeps up the good work. Let's move forward, let's improve the game, and let's learn from past mistakes.

1,000% agree with you!

It was a wonderful surprise to wake up to. lol My daughter came in and told me, and I was like: "You are lying!" lol Then she played me the video, so I jumped out of bed and and hurried for my update.

Now I can't wait to have pets and toddler interaction. <3<3<3 And if we get Seasons, toddlers playing in the snow! Or int he sand at the beach! We need little tricycles or power wheels for them too. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!