Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Give a Big Hand to the Developers

Like most of you, I am overjoyed about the surprise addition of toddlers to the game. Although I personally don't do a lot of family play (mostly a builder myself), I know there is a large portion of the player base that do, and I share the excitement with all of you!

But beyond all the excitement, I think we should all take a moment to appreciate all the work put in by the development team of TS4. Not just for adding toddlers, but also dealing with all the vitriol that is occasionally (and often unjustly) directed towards them, implying that they don't listen or care about the game, while keeping it all on the down low so we can get a terrific surprise.

It is clear to me, that they do in fact care about the game and the players, and listen to the forums. Even if it's not always obvious or that they can't always reveal everything immediately.

Now, I can't speak on anyone's behalf, but thank you.
dgvibNQ.png

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Well said.
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    (standing on chair in pikachu boxers) CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP SMACK....hey who smacked me....lol the developers shocked the sims community from it's core. I wanted to applause in a special manner!
  • Options
    JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    The team has outdone themselves <3
  • Options
    misspukekomisspukeko Posts: 23 Member
    <3 Thank you, dev team! :*
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    <3<3<3 Thank you!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Thank you!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    Thank you so much <3<3<3
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Thank you! <3
  • Options
    IbeanobswifeIbeanobswife Posts: 166 Member
    Agree 100%! Thank you.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Thanks, devs!

And well done on keeping this a massive surprise.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Thank you thank you thank you!! What the plum is 2017
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    Big hearty thank you! :)<3
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I'll second, third, fourth and so on to the nth degree, the sentiments on this thread... thank you :)
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    cartoon-man-with-a-big-hand-gesture-vector-id467030915?s=170667a

What?

You said a big hand...

Okay but really, sincerest thank you's to the developers who listened and took the time to make TS4 feel like a whole family playstyle again. But there's a long road and lots of work ahead to make each age feel unique and fun to play because this generation of sims needs to be what they intended from the start, all about the sims themselves, and that includes each life state. Let's hope this is a decent structure for family play. :)

Cheers to all who's been hoping and wishing for this.
  • Options
    link4566link4566 Posts: 59 Member
    Thank you I'm so happy <3<3
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    This is the best gift and decision ever. I am so grateful. Now I am a fan again. I have supported through buying all the content, but not been happy with the game, and a big part of it was family play (the lack of this very important and fun life stage).
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    Callianne74Callianne74 Posts: 59 Member
    Thankyou, was worth waiting patiently for, all the toddler stuff looks amazing so far, can't wait now for the Bheeda's baby to arrive in a shiny new game just so I can actually see the toddlers.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I just wanna add a slightly-less-glowing but still positive note:

I don't mean to be a downer, but the 2 year wait with absolute silence was still a bit much. I mean Dine Out for example had that baby bottle, and the devs claimed they added it "just because" and (intended or no) gave off an impression not to read too much into it. Why? If they can't outright say it, ok, but they not only didn't say a word, but seemed to be against the idea we'd get them. I think I even remember a statement that there were "no current plans to add toddlers" not too long ago. (6 months?)

I do still believe the communication - or lack thereof - could've absolutely been better and got downright unacceptable there, regardless of company policy about silence on updates; exceptions should exist in such extreme cases. If an opportunity arose for history to repeat itself, I would complain exactly as I had all over again. This is a feature people wanted at launch, and while two years and three months can be understandable from a development standpoint, two years and three months of pure silence while expecting people to just "have faith" cannot. I do think that is still something to improve on and that the people involved with the complaints and criticisms should not be shamed for having them. There's an "EA silence on family play" thread that made it to 1000 pages before we got Toddlers, and that to me is a perfect testament to why it was such a problem.

Having said all of that, I do view Toddlers (and the apparent quality of vampires) as symbolic. Hopefully, this can be the turning point for Sims 4 and hopefully this will mark an improvement in update/pack quality. I mention the above not to repeatedly shame EA or out of some petty desire to continue on with criticism, but because I just don't want us moving forward having learned the "wrong" lesson, thinking that 2 years and 3 months of silence is in any way acceptable. I don't want people to be soooooooo happy they forget the rather justifiable reasons for the outrage to begin with.

But this is all of course a lesson in learning from history. For the moment itself though...? Things look good. The Sims team has seen a change in management, to my understanding, and the release of toddlers was the #1 demand since release while I can personally attest the vampire powers system is stupidly similar to a suggestion I made. As I said, this is good. This is a good way to restore faith.

For the moment things look great and I hope the Sims team keeps up the good work. Let's move forward, let's improve the game, and let's learn from past mistakes.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Hear hear!!! Thank you devs!!!
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Thank you
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I'M SO PLUMMING HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    paige35617paige35617 Posts: 52 Member
    Thank you so much!!!!!! <3<3<3<3
    "Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain" - Vivian Greene

tumblr_lzyx3cfbsx1ql141xo1_250.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Great (and much sort-after) ways to start off the year. Thank you! <3
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you for all your hard work. They are amazing! I don't usually go in for all caps and exclamation points, but I'll say it again -- THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!! I just watched mine climb up onto the couch, and she is so cute, I can't stand it. I was pretty sure you guys would come through with them, but lately, I'd begun to doubt. When I saw "Frequently Asked Questions about Toddlers," I thought it would be about why they just weren't going to be possible. Never have I been so happy to be wrong. THANK YOU!!!