Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Told you that toddlers would be coming when the time was right...

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
As the title says...

I always knew toddlers will be coming someday. o:)

Now back to my hiatus...
tZOS8.gif
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I did originally say they will be here in 2017 sometime...

Now where are those buffalos with spiked whips? :bawling:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Haha! I knew deep down they would bring them back! :) Got to say a huge thanks to all at EA and The Sims! <3
  • Options
    Clarkie100 wrote: »
    Haha! I knew deep down they would bring them back! :) Got to say a huge thanks to all at EA and The Sims! <3

I think they would have had to have worked on the eventually, there was too much of a backlash without them
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Lol Colton...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    I lost all hope and faith
    Whip me please
    Still in shock not only about toddlers but that colton was right
    We will never live this down :)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

I think they would have had to have worked on the eventually, there was too much of a backlash without them

I'm just thankful, there are some out there waiting for things to be fixed or added still. And EA and Maxis listened and did an amazing job too.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I figured they would make a return eventually... my main concern was whether or not we'd have to pay for them. A lot of people were speculating that they would've ended up being included in an expansion pack or some kind of DLC. Thankfully, that didn't happen.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I missed you Colton :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    As the title says...

Now back to my hiatus...
    tZOS8.gif

*grabs Colton* C'mon. Join in the fun...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    They were supposed to be here from the start. Better late than never I guess..
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Lol...

No comment. I don't even care that you said 'I told you so'. I'm too happy

--T
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »

I think that late is better when lots of time has apparently been spent on them to make toddlers as cute as these seem to be.
  • Options
    FiestyKatnissFiestyKatniss Posts: 84 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

I think that late is better when lots of time has apparently been spent on them to make toddlers as cute as these seem to be.

So agree, imagine if they rushed it? I am happy with this!
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member

If they rushed to put them in I doubpt we would be half as happy now. I'm mesmerised by the details put in. They are far more interactive than previous toddlers. I only wish there was a changing table but the enhanced potty training skill pretty much takes away the need for one. Also the learning how to walk skill and the way the animations progress is ridiculously well done. I'm glad they took the time and care necessary to flesh toddlers out in an appropriate way. I hope we get and SP that add some more toddlers stuff soone!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    As the title says...

Now back to my hiatus...
    tZOS8.gif

*grabs Colton* C'mon. Join in the fun...lol

*grabs Losaru* he'll have to fight through the both of us!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    now it's the best Sim game ever. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FiestyKatnissFiestyKatniss Posts: 84 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    now it's the best Sim game ever. :D

Because it feels complete, imo.
  • Options

Thus is what I have said before. Look at how they rushed out the base game, a lot of mistakes had been made but it seems that this has not been the case this time found. Rushed toddlers where the last thing that anyone asked for. Fleshed out content is what made the series great in the start and should be how things are done in the future
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    I always assumed that they would be released 2-3 years after game release/around the same time as pets as figuring out different height sims usually takes a few years for the programmers. Best toddlers I have seen in the sims series and worth the wait. Only thing I would love to see added someday from freeplay is either swimming with toddlers in the pool or kiddie pools.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Colton! You were right now come back. :smiley:
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    As the title says...

Now back to my hiatus...
    tZOS8.gif

I knew they would be back too; there was just too much backlash to ignore. Also, in the S3 store and forums, toddler/child stuff was among the most requested things. People just went crazy over the prodigy center and all of its add-ons. I was just afraid that it may take another year or longer. I also didn't know if they would be added or in a very limited way with an EP following to add the extras. I'm happy that they chose to put it all in free and I'm really happy with the play they've added. I'm sure they will add to it and can't wait for the playpen ect. I really want passies, blankies, a bear, a baby doll, a rag doll, and some of the other stuff we had in the past like the changing table ect. <3

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    You were right! :smiley:

I am just sooooooooo happy and thankful to the devs right now, I feel like I'm floating on air!

I still can't believe the toddlers are here, even after I have started playing with them, lol!

To think this whole time the devs were working on this secret project!

I wonder how long they have been working on this project? After the launch? After that interview where EA was surprised at the backlash? Around when that Toddlers Ideas topic was pinned a long while back? After the Silence Family Player thread and/or that one interview with @sparkfairy1 about family players?

Gosh, I just wished I didn't have to "suffer" through the anguish of the silence about the taboo topic of toddlers. I had almost lost all of my hope for these babies. :disappointed:

BUT!! They're here now, and I am going to keep enjoying these fun, challenging, and cute tots. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top