Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Speculate About The New Destination World Coming With The Vampire GP

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think the above ground crypts in New Orleans cemeteries would be a great spooky setting.

st-louis-cemetery-ghosts.jpg

Gorgeous pic! I really hope we get crypts and a variety of tombstones.

The new teaser shows bats and tombstones.

And spooky trees!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,467 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I think the above ground crypts in New Orleans cemeteries would be a great spooky setting.

Gorgeous pic! I really hope we get crypts and a variety of tombstones.

The new teaser shows bats and tombstones.

I just saw it after I posted that! Yay!!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    and a new plant.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options

I would love to recreate this as my WC park, but I don't think there is enough textures that are old and old architectural objects to use. Maybe with the vampire GP, there will be some new build stuff that might work. I think having a huge above ground cemetery in the middle of WC would be cool. I may try it in my Create-A-Lot save and add to it when the vamp GP is dropped. Being in the middle of so much open space, my peeps could still use the areas around it for recreation.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    @Louise_G0325 yeah, exactly. @SimGuruDaniel once said they might add a scared emotion "as the world of the Sims becomes more frightening", and, well, what's more frightening than a vampire GP? Perfect opportunity.

Maybe that's a new death type for 4; fright.

Also, if there is a new world, the Goths and/or Ophelia Villa would fit right in I imagine.

Also, the haunted lot trait would be very fitting here.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    Guys! Guys! Good news, the quarterly teaser is out! (FINALLY!)
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    What section was this moved to? On my phone it s still showing under speculation.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Maybe I've missed something, but has it been officially confirmed that this GP is going to include an actual new world? I'm a bit skeptical right now, because if the only hint we've had is "eerie destination" that could mean that we're just getting a new lot type.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    Maybe I've missed something, but has it been officially confirmed that this GP is going to include an actual new world? I'm a bit skeptical right now, because if the only hint we've had is "eerie destination" that could mean that we're just getting a new lot type.

That's most likely means a destination world it s not a new lot type.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Jase wrote: »

The dataminers have found (and I'm going off memory here) files referencing "regions", which are basically the little neighborhood areas within the larger worlds. Since we can't have a region without a world, it stands to reason.

Somewhat on topic here, but I wonder if they'll include new jobs for vampire Sims. Getting them to work during the day just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe they'll be part-time, night shift jobs, like the teen careers.

Grave digger, convenience store clerk/gas station attendant (hello, Slacker career, how I've missed you!), maybe phlebotomist/blood bank teller?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I really don't like speculating on what may be coming. So far my imagination exceeds what we actually get and then it's even more of a disappointment.

You know, I'd feel sorry for you if it was the other way around. Video games are always limited in at least some regard because they are in a fixed position and human imagination will always exceed that.

I don't know about that, Planet Coaster absolutely blew my mind. They thought of every single detail in the build mode that I never would have come up with or thought I needed. They listened to the community and took it to the next level, rather than forced their vision on the community
  • Options
    agent_bev wrote: »
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I really don't like speculating on what may be coming. So far my imagination exceeds what we actually get and then it's even more of a disappointment.

You know, I'd feel sorry for you if it was the other way around. Video games are always limited in at least some regard because they are in a fixed position and human imagination will always exceed that.

I don't know about that, Planet Coaster absolutely blew my mind. They thought of every single detail in the build mode that I never would have come up with or thought I needed. They listened to the community and took it to the next level, rather than forced their vision on the community

I know, right? I find myself wanting to rotate something sideways or up side down and remember that's in Planet Coaster, but I get the job done.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I wonder if it'll be an out of the way destination, like the Sylvan Glade or the Deep Woods. It'd be cool if there was a mausoleum that you had to go through to get to the "eerie destination."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    It's possibly a destination world, but I hope we can live there...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Oh, I'll speculate, mates.

20170107204031_1_by_rvu-daun6tv.jpg
    20170107204050_1_by_rvu-daun6tp.jpg
    20170107203400_1_by_rvu-daun6tx.jpg

Oh, a land of eternal doom and gloom... If they accomplished this, it would be a practical love letter from the developers to us.
  • Options
    What I would like is a world somewhere between MP and GF in size. It will appear in the map locater section with GF. There would be four or five lots for shops, public areas or residences and one big lot (like the national park in GF) where there is some sort of Dracula's castle building where the Elder vampire lives. It would be dark, but not too dark and spooky.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    It's possible I could be totally wrong but I think there will be no such Dracula's Castle and I don't think they will have pulled inspiration from Transylvania. I feel almost certain that what we'll be getting is a Granite Falls-sized world that goes along with the swamp concept art we've been seeing for ages. Alas, we'll see. I would like to be surprised.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Well, we know it will be called Forgotten Hollow, and since you can escape to it, it's probably a destination world. My excitement level moved up a notch.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Check out twitter today, new trailer tomorrow. What do you think about the vampire in the new tweet and the world in the background @catloverplayer ? My first impression seeing that was TS3, and twilight vampire...*guy on the new tweet picture placeholde* but the world looks interesting love the very tall pine trees.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »

Wonderful! I would rather have a "True Blood"-ish bayou that feels really different from the worlds that we have now than another Windenburg/Willow Creek-ish one.

Don't think it looks like the teaser-trailer so it probably won't happen but I would be very happy if it did.
  • Options
    Willow Creek is based on New Orleans so it would go hand in hand with a bayou. That would be more of the same, not different.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I know that Willow Creek is based on New Orleans, but to me it could just as well have been some European town. I don't get any bayou-feeling in it. To be honest, the worlds are very pretty but Windenburg/ Willow Creek / Newscrest are just so similar. I am so very grateful that we have Oasis Springs to live in when I want something different.

I blame my MMO-past. There each world was very different, it was so much fun to spend time in each environment. I just really miss that, having the different worlds feeling different. If we can use a hypothetical future season-system and set the environment in each world that would at least be one way to differentiate them. Make each world feel unique. Or if we can set how many hours of sunlight/dark time each world has. I live far up north so during the winter the sun rises late during the day, long after you get into work, and it sets before you leave as well. Daylight is for weekends. That would be a great way to really make a world feel different, having it much darker, and it would be a fun way to experiment more with lamps and lights.

I want great big swamps if it is a bayou, or creepy dark world. As long as it doesn't feel like a new Windenburg/ Willow Creek/ Newscrest-thing. Whenever I get too fed up with that setting I go back to SWTOR and run around in Tatooine or Dragon Age Inqusition. I will probably need some kind of modding in order to be really happy with my Sims 4-worlds. Don't think they will release maps that are really different, or different enough for me.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    https://youtu.be/d-DYtrO50h8

It will be name Forgotten Hollow and so far I love the background. I'm just hoping we get some of that stuff in build mode.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I see mountain, it looks kind of like midnight hollow but not to dark. It also looks foggy and the old Victorian style house with swampy looking ponds with dead trees sticking out of it. It says unlock supernatural powers, immortal life. Also the vampire face looks way more scary when he turned.

So far..catch the rest tomorrow when they release the trailer.