Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine out Food quality poor and normal.

Comments

• Options
    meka79meka79 Posts: 4 New Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I have the same bug

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? I HAVE THE SIMS 4 DINE OUT AND THE FOOD CRITICS THAT COMES TO MY DINNER DON'T HAVE THAT DROP BOX LIKE THEY ON A DATE OR HAVING A SOME TYPE OF GATHERING. I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT AND I'M SOOOOO SHOCKED!! IT HAS TO BE A BUG 🐸🐸🐸🐸!! MY FOOD CRITICS COME WITH SLIVER LIKE RIBBONS OVER THERE HEADS.CHEFS ARE AT THE HIGHEST TOP LEVELS AND STILL COOKING NORMAL OR POOR DISHES. AND I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING!! RE-STALLING....CLEANING CACHE...DISABLING ANY MODS OR CUSTOM CONTENT.I TIRED EVERYTHING AND I DO MEAN EVERYTHING.((🐸🐸🐸🐸 WISH THEY FIX THIS 🐸🐸🐸🐸 CAUSE I'M ONE VERY 🐸🐸🐸🐸 OFF SIMMER!!!!!!
  • Options
    nus99nus99 Posts: 37 Member
    Seems to still be an issue, was kinda hoping this patch would fixed it.
  • Options
    FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    This is still an issue for me
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm still having this issue as well.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I hope this bug gets fixed in the next patch. I recently got DO but haven't been able to enjoy it to its full extent because of this issue. :/
  • Options
    love9soulslove9souls Posts: 76 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    For simmers continuing to have this issue, if you haven't already done it, it would be good to post feedback on the AHQ EA site thread about the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Top-level-chefs-in-Dine-Out-cooking-poor-quality-food/m-p/5661262#U5661262

Posted. Apparently this issue started all the way back in October with a patch. Surprised it still hasn't been resolved.
    tumblr_nnyv751ryH1uv05lbo1_250.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I demoted the chef (felt bad) to see if it would help. Thought maybe even critizing him would help.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited January 2017
    The only thing that helps is to remove level 4 and 5 dishes from your restaurant menu. Annoying I know - but my rest is back up to five stars. The remaining food is normal but the guests don't care. I know simguru ninga said that have been able to reproduce the bug so a fix should be coming soon hopefully.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    The only thing that helps is to remove level 4 and 5 dishes from your restaurant menu. Annoying I know - but my rest is back up to five stars. The remaining food is normal but the guests don't care. I know simguru ninga said that have been able to reproduce the bug so a fix should be coming soon hopefully.
    Does the restaurant make a decent profit? What are the hours opened?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Does the restaurant make a decent profit? What are the hours opened?

Have to keep micro managing every guest to keep at 5 stars w lvl 3 dishes or else ppl leave with 4 star review. My restaurant have top lvl staff so the cost is high. Can only afford to open 8-9 hrs a day to earn barely $4-500 at most depending on whether the guests are bugged.
    Was really an exhausting experience so I finally gave up playing it.

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    Oh man I was looking at getting this GP soon, now I'm thinking I should wait a bit longer on this one. I thought it'd be nice to go to restaurants on dates.
  • Options
    AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    I have same issue still hopefully they will fix it soon :(
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal depends what you consider decent, about 2600 per day. open about 11am - 11pm but I don't open every day

@DarkSlayer1331 it doesn't impact your experience as a guest of the restaurant, only if you own and run it.
  • Options
    JaimeeJamzJaimeeJamz Posts: 3 New Member
    Nope I have taken a Sim to a 5 Star restaurant with level 5 food and have received "poor" quality. Still had to pay $500+ too
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Having the chef's cooking speed reduced to careful has helped for me.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Cannot believe that 6 months later this still isn't fixed. I often have this issue and it's really annoying. My restaurant is stuck at 4 stars because of it.
  • Options
    BiorasBioras Posts: 50 Member
    I'm having the same issue. I'm also still having the issue where tables don't get served. (I've had this from the start) And then of course my waiters keep running out in the middle of a rush.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Bioras wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. I'm also still having the issue where tables don't get served. (I've had this from the start) And then of course my waiters keep running out in the middle of a rush.

Hello
    Try makmg sure that there are no low hanging items ovfr the tabkes, and also thst there is on e centrepiece on the tables
    You may akso liike to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Top-level-chefs-in-Dine-Out-cooking-poor-quality-food/m-p/5661262#U5661262
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    Is this EVER GOING TO GET FIXED??????????
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    **update** I have found out your employees won't do well until their opinion goes from neutral to the highest level also a inspired painting pictures and paintings may help the cooks make better meals. Also inspirational paintings are rare and you will randomly get a few from the art easel. I have never really got my sim employees above neutral, but I assume this involves making friends with them.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    John4est wrote: »
    Is this EVER GOING TO GET FIXED??????????

Doesn't seem like it. Given that it is literally game breaking to the primary purpose of this DLC and that a litany of other bugs for Dine Out also remain unaddressed the unofficial position by Maxis on this is

fda40a6ce37d25e83159213745f24dab_go-pound-sand-fist-pump-baby-meme-generator-pound-sand-meme_476-313.jpeg
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Has there been a mod made to fix this? :/
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Has there been a mod made to fix this? :/

None that I could find.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Also inspirational paintings are rare and you will randomly get a few from the art easel.
    There is no such thing as an inspirational painting in The Sims 4. The emotions that paintings can give are limited to Angry, Confident, Flirty, Playful and Sad. Other than a full postcard set from finding Pen Pals on the computer and requesting them, the only Inspiring items are profession locked such as the Heavy Dutiest Pot Rack and Positronic Pro Magnetic Knife Rack. It doesn't matter though as, much like the Cooking level of the chefs, any inspired state they receive apparently has no effect on the quality of the food.

The only factors that currently seem to affect the quality food after the patch that created the bug are the quality of the ingredients and the cooking speed for the chefs. These in turn only result in Normal quality food for foods with a difficulty level of 4 or higher. It's quite ridiculous yet about half a year later this still has not been fixed.
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I have never really got my sim employees above neutral, but I assume this involves making friends with them.
    It's based on their salary, praise, use of the Inspirational Speech perk on them and possibly the length of their shift as they get tired after 11 hours on the job.