Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

QUARTERLY TEASER RELEASED!!!!!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2017
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I... I.... Wow.... This is so pathetic! A vampire bowling pack.... Wait.... just take that in for a moment.... Vampire bowling. Sounds cool in theory. In a game that in it's 4th generation..... not so much.....
    I knew sims 4 was hurting and on it's way down the drain, but man, you can't even make this stuff up!! LOLOLOL!!! Vampire bowling!!! LOLOLOL!!! Desperate doesn't even describe it, it doesn't even touch the situation right now :):)

Two packs, not one. A vampire pack - a full GP fleshing out just one supernatural - and a separate bowling pack. Sims 4's quarterly teasers show all the packs coming out in that quarter. They aren't single-pack announcements. It's been this way for all four such teasers already. I'm sure there will be plenty for you to criticize in the two packs, but starting from actual facts is helpful.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I... I.... Wow.... This is so pathetic! A vampire bowling pack.... Wait.... just take that in for a moment.... Vampire bowling. Sounds cool in theory. In a game that in it's 4th generation..... not so much.....
    I knew sims 4 was hurting and on it's way down the drain, but man, you can't even make this stuff up!! LOLOLOL!!! Vampire bowling!!! LOLOLOL!!! Desperate doesn't even describe it, it doesn't even touch the situation right now :):)

Two packs, not one. A vampire pack - a full GP fleshing out just one supernatural - and a separate bowling pack. Sims 4's quarterly teasers show all the packs coming out in that quarter. They aren't single-pack announcements. It's been this way for all four such teasers already. I'm sure there will be plenty for you to criticize in the two packs, but starting from actual facts is helpful.

Lol, I'm sure there will. And I'm sure you'll be there to approve and defend every one of them :)
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg Well said :smile: I am still seeing new players come over to TS3, many are new to the series starting at TS4 but word of mouth tells them that 'If you like The Sims but want to see Pets, weather or even toddlers, then try The Sims 3!'

TS3 is still selling. The EPs still sell, the store and I guess the actual base game :smile:
    I hate the sims 3 even though I have it and every piece of store content. One reason why is it runs like plum on any computer even if its good.

I have no issues with Sims 3 nor seemingly do most of my family and friends. I am sorry it plays badly for you as it is an amazing game. And yes I have everything made for the sims 3 including every piece of content including all pre-order content, Dr. Pepper stuff, Mobile one stuff - you name it - every thing. LOL.

It's nice that it runs well for you, but none of that really changes the fact that The Sims 3 has demonstrable problems in the vein of memory leaks, routing issues and save file bloat. Even I get frame rates in the teens, which is unacceptable for a 7-year-old release on a contemporary gaming rig.

I don't want to get too involved in this same old argument but is this frame rate consistent? If it is I'd look over your specs if I were you. I too have a "contemporary gaming rig" and my frame rate almost never drops below 60 and then only briefly into the high 50s on Sims 3- that's with most every graphic selection on high or very high. I too have nearly everything from the store and every pack- all running at the same time (not that I think that makes much difference).

My specs are fine, and I build my machines myself. You'll forgive me if I lose patience with the "your rig isn't good enough" argument. There's loving the game, and then there's pretending that the game doesn't have issues. I love Wasteland 2. Amazing game. But both editions of the game have a significant memory leak on the AG Center map. There's no point in denying it, nor does it impugn the quality of the game.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and run Battlefield 1 at 4k, 60 fps.

Sure and there's disliking the game and then there's pretending it has seriously major issues like frame rates in the teens (really, even my son's "non-contemporary non-gaming rig" plays 3 higher than that) when playing on a modern machine designed to run PC games.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2017

Lol, I'm sure there will. And I'm sure you'll be there to approve and defend every one of them :)

Nope. I've criticized a lot of things in Sims 4 - population management (in several respects), relationship management changes, lack of per-save tickbox options for lifestates (ghosts, aliens), inability to change lot size, environment buffs, not being able to hike or walk or jog together, lack of a separate category for costumes, world management, lack of autoroofs, general teen gameplay ... just off the top of my head. (Perhaps you missed it because I don't harp on about the things I dislike day in, day out?) I will continue to do so as I see them. Sorry if that disappoints you.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.