Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Sims & Modeling Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    If you know Spanish a lot of the root words are the same. It might be easier to go from French to Spanish than Spanish to French because of the difficult pronunciation of French words. We went to upstate NY last summer and if we go again, I will probably brush up on my French right before I go. We were in the mountains and only got 2 radio station, 1 which was entirely in French. It was about 30 min. to the Quebec border. I wanted to go, but my passport expired. I need to get it renewed soon!
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    I go to Maine and the Quebecois are everywhere! I love how their French sounds, so much nicer than actual French from France IMO.
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    Yeah, I preferred listening to the French radio station, honestly. It sounds so soothing. Maine is really nice. We live in the south though, so it's so far away :(.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    My mom is from New England so when we moved to the states that's where we went and it just so happens that Maine is part of New England haha. NE is very pretty, a bit dull at times, but everything is a 3hr drive or less so there isn't much need to travel elsewhere. :lol:
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    @wbom Thank you :grin:

@wrswrs2 I know a lot of people who say classical Spanish is hard so mean good on you
  • Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Ooooohhh I can speak French and a little spanish and a TINY bit of Korean. I'd also love to move out of the South which is kind of a no-no idea to have, but I want to move somewhere were there are more options living, convenience, career, and cultural-wise...
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    flubber32c4flubber32c4 Posts: 2,583 Member

hello ladies !! <3

3l8BwMp.jpg
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    YES !! yay !!

thank you very much <3<3<3@xJojox :D
  • Options
    Hapoy birthday flubs! :star:
  • Options
    many thanks @kelebek <3<3<3
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Happy birthday Flubber!

Also yeah I love how Quebecois sounds.

Hubs worked in the oil field in North Dakota for a year and he said that he worked with a lot of Cajuns actually and that their French is really weird. Like if you spoke French-French, you wouldn't be able to understand them. I forget if it's just called Cajun or if it has a different name XD But yeah hubs said that there was one guy from France and they all tried speaking French together and were just butchering each other's languages all over the place haha! He said one of the guys from Louisiana drove up to the site with a bunch of crawfish in his truck bed and they were like dude did you really bring that to North Dakota? XD And he's like "Yeah I caught them!"

I moved out of the South when I joined the Navy. And then got stationed... in the South. xD But then California. Then New York. And Guam. And then I moved to Chicago (again) and then right back to the freaking South XD I dunno though, where I live NOW is in the South but our population is predominantly Latino so it's not really LIKE the deep South. It's still south but wayyyyy different. Kinda cool though. Really annoying in spring break because I live in a resort town. And since everyone's spring breaks are staggered, we get a whole month of college kids who don't know how to drive here XD Sometimes being a hermit pays off.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    Does anyone know where I could find this hair?I looked everywhere.It's Chakrasims Annika Hair

tumblr_ohmune16Ua1vmoyh9o1_500.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @xjojox :D

please have a look at the door of the left house !!
    i didnt know that you have such a lovely home !!! wink

VQk8iQq.jpg
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @flubber32c4 Happy birthday! :)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    thank you @ArtsyAmy and @Vanadis <3<3<3
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited January 2017
    Kelebek wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could find this hair?I looked everywhere.It's Chakrasims Annika Hair

tumblr_ohmune16Ua1vmoyh9o1_500.png

That kind of looks like it's an EbonixSims conversion... correct me if I'm wrong... but if it is, it's no longer available because of some heckery with the whole conversion process. I'll take a look and see if I have it because I do have most of their conversions. If I have it I'll PM you the file.

EDIT: Okay they didn't convert that one, could have sworn they did! Sorry I can't be of much more help :( Maybe someone here has it and can PM it to you.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @flubber32c4 this house is awesome :) what an awesome pic!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Vanadis No problem,thank you for trying!

I know,surprisingly it's not a Ebonix conversion.Mizore was able to find a deleted hair file (that was also ebonix) from a different website,so I was hoping someone also had the file.I wish IMVU creators would create for sims too
    Post edited by Kelebek on
  • Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    @flubber32c4 this house is awesome :) what an awesome pic!

thank you :D i read the name of the house and thougth you would like it !!
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Oh Vana, your stories are the best. xD

Happy Birthday @flubber32c4!

@Kelebek I'm sorry! I tried too and couldn't find anything. It must be fairly new or not well known, as I've not seen any recolors, and not even the Russian websites have it. I'm sure one of the lovely models around here has it though and will be willing to send it over. I'd check with @Eliavah especially, she might have it. Hopefully we can track it down. xD
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited January 2017
    Can anyone help find the creator for this outfit. Found it on Google and went to the link but it wasn't there. I want it for Simplistic Magazine staff story. It's also my judge's shot for the Barbie Fashionista, but it hasn't gone up yet.

PtZGEgY.png

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 If you have the tray importer for the sims,it'll give you the dress description.Maybe the package would have the name of the creator?

@MizoreYukii It's no problem!Thanks for trying :grin:
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Where do I find that, @kelebek? thanks.

• Options
    EliavahEliavah Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited January 2017
    Try asking around on xmiramira's forum theblacksimmer for the hair. i know they posted another link of chakrasims other conversion - maybe they have that one :)
    Most of the imvu conversions were taken down because a few simmers got way too greedy and were reported to the original creators in imvu
    Double adfly links - a imvu conversion set had each piece of set ( 7 or so items) on separate link with even double adfly on it.
    It got so ridiculous that Tumblr hit the ban hammer hard on majority of those converters due to copyright claims and adfly abuse ( they cared less abt adfly untill the double adfly crap)
    ebonix and the other one i forgot (so sorry ;u) are excluded from the greediness however
    they were converting for a while and did it to fill the lacking gap of curly/afro/dread hairs because most of the popular hair creators ignored their suggestions ( i believe leah attempted but didn't really get to do it because polycount) the others were simply uninterested in doing so
    which is fine i guess but then ebonix and other person started converting and everyone harassed them for knowledge on how to convert from imvu untill someone figured out and did double adfly crap
    then came another... and another
    meanwhile people lost their heads when stealthics/newseas hairs were being sold on secondlife but praised double adfly person :/
    its all in the past now though
    like one or two people still put adfly behind their imvu conversions and stopped crediting the creator for people don't tell on them i guess but the creators are pretty easy to find anyways lol

anyways sorry for ramble! check out theblacksimmer :) (have to be logged in)