Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    DarayaVahu777DarayaVahu777 Posts: 12 New Member

I bought Sims where I got only Český, Polski, Русский язык to choose,
    I don't know what's the point of making limitation like that, I wanna English,
    there should be upgrade to all languages like there is Digital Deluxe Upgrade (but cheaper or free).

There are people in Czech, Poland and Russia that can speak english,
    and would prefer to play in that language (for example so they can feel like they are far away when they play, it's not nice here).

To get english I would probably need to use vpn to go on us or uk origin website and buy the game again,
    and I've read that I can get my acount blocked using vpn and buying form diferent origin websites.
    And I'm not buying sims 4 base again. I found some ways to get origin acounts with english but I can only play for I while on those.

Why it must be like that. Just let everyone have english to choose, please.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    there should be upgrade to all languages like there is Digital Deluxe Upgrade (but cheaper or free).

and would prefer to play in that language (for example so they can feel like they are far away when they play, it's not nice here).

To get english I would probably need to use vpn to go on us or uk origin website and buy the game again,
    and I've read that I can get my acount blocked using vpn and buying form diferent origin websites.
    And I'm not buying sims 4 base again. I found some ways to get origin acounts with english but I can only play for I while on those.

Have you tried changing your language settings in Origin?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Have you tried changing your language settings in Origin?
    Origin is in English, the problem is with the game, you can see in this picture i.imgur.com/ddVWFAn.png

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2016

Have you asked EA's support why you can't play in English?
    We never had this problem here in Denmark where we usually can play in all languages. But EA should be able to help you.

Edit: Check the following video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9fq8mGLFYo
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »
    We never had this problem here in Denmark where we usually can play in all languages. But EA should be able to help you.

Thank you so much for trying to help, I could've mention that I have mac,
    I think I already tried everything that I could find on the web sice the game release two years ago,
    I've even look through game files myself and tried changing stuff, from all of that I get stuff like
    "Unable to start: The current user is not entitled to run The Sims 4 in the installed language." i.imgur.com/HwGEjZP.png
    I think probably I should try contact somehow EA but I think I allready know that they gona say somethink like "you bought edition for your region if you wanna more languages you need to buy worldwide edition"... which is unfair, I thought about buying cd key on some english website and then sell my cd key but aparentyly you can't resell games anymore, and I can't sell my whole origin account.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Thank you so much for trying to help, I could've mention that I have mac,
    I think I already tried everything that I could find on the web sice the game release two years ago,
    I've even look through game files myself and tried changing stuff, from all of that I get stuff like
    "Unable to start: The current user is not entitled to run The Sims 4 in the installed language." i.imgur.com/HwGEjZP.png
    I think probably I should try contact somehow EA but I think I allready know that they gona say somethink like "you bought edition for your region if you wanna more languages you need to buy worldwide edition"... which is unfair, I thought about buying cd key on some english website and then sell my cd key but aparentyly you can't resell games anymore, and I can't sell my whole origin account.
    I don't believe that EA would say that because a local version in your language and a worldwide edition should cost the same. Therefore EA should offer you a version in English for free when you already owns the game.

Edit: According to http://ceddietv.blogspot.dk/p/blog-page.html the game comes with only 4 of the 17 languages installed. But those languages can be changed which therefore is just what you need to do. EA's support should be able to help you.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • Options
    I don't believe that EA would say that because a local version in your language and a worldwide edition should cost the same. Therefore EA should offer you a version in English for free when you already owns the game.

EA's support should be able to help you.

OK, so yesterday I wrote to EA, didn't get response yet, I checked and it shows case closed, should I click on "Resume"? i.imgur.com/TOWhYsi.png
  • Options

EA's support should be able to help you.

OK, so yesterday I wrote to EA, didn't get response yet, I checked and it shows case closed, should I click on "Resume"? i.imgur.com/TOWhYsi.png
    Probably. Your case shouldn't be closed.
  • Options

The are only certain amount of topic to choose on help.ea.com, I didn't know what to choose so I chose "Give Feedback", now when I click resume it shows "This topic is for collecting feedback and does not provide a response. If your issue prevents you from playing a game, select a different topic for faster help." So I tried again and choosed "Technical support" an chat and since yesterday "Your chat case is still loading. Please check back soon." So my last option is to call them I guess, and I hate talking on phone, maybe I find somone to call for me. Is there any other way to contact them? I thought I could just send regular email and get replay.
  • Options

The are only certain amount of topic to choose on help.ea.com, I didn't know what to choose so I chose "Give Feedback", now when I click resume it shows "This topic is for collecting feedback and does not provide a response. If your issue prevents you from playing a game, select a different topic for faster help." So I tried again and choosed "Technical support" an chat and since yesterday "Your chat case is still loading. Please check back soon." So my last option is to call them I guess, and I hate talking on phone, maybe I find somone to call for me. Is there any other way to contact them? I thought I could just send regular email and get replay.
    I don't know the most efficient way. But maybe you could also try https://twitter.com/AskEASupport?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
  • Options
    CompleteSimsAddictCompleteSimsAddict Posts: 11 New Member
    I really would like to see better Worlds. This is the biggest factor that has hindered my interest in The Sims 4. When you compare a world like Willow Creek to a world like Sunset Valley, Willow Creek holds no weight. I want a World that is idyllic. In hindsight, there should have been only one very well designed default World in the base game at launch. Creating two was a misstep. But nevertheless, this can be fixed by creating a really nice World offered as DLC. At this point, I really can't say just how likely I would be to buy another piece of Sims content after being rather dissatisfied with my last purchases. But I can say that I would definitely more likely to buy DLC if it includes a great world for my Sims to live in. Something upscale, classy, scenic, and manicured.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I havent read though the entire thread, so sorry if I miss the point. I just wanted to share some thoughts.

Lets say we got a patch that made all neighborhoods open world ish. (No more loading screens when travelling five meters. Only between neighborhoods and worlds) At announcement, a lot of people would scream YES FINNALLY, and could not wait till it comes out. Some would probably buy the game because of that and install it the moment the patch comes out. But if the patch would have a critical flaw, say, all savegames created pre-patch would be incompatible and had to be deleted, a lot of people would be angry again because all of their years of progress, their hundreds of generations, their dozens of buildings they spent weeks on, all gone. All reset to default, just because they wanted fewer loading screens. And tell you what. The Loading screens take now almost 20% longer because of that.
    Still think you made a good trade?
    And the SimGurus have nothing to say about this exept "Well, we warned you. At least the same patch added compatibility for weather and seasons, so it wont happen again".

Or what if foremented exemple was on Seasons?
    At first "YEAY SEASONS!!!" and then "NOOO!!! ALL I ACHIEVED GONE!!!".

And then, there would be people that would furiously hate the open world patch, because of something that bothers them, they didnt notice before. Maybe with the same amount of energy so many people hate the lack of toddlers.

I remember Sims 3 Pets. Installed it, played it for 10 Minutes, game crashed.
    No matter what I did, I could never play Sims 3 for more than 10 minutes without chrashing. Most of the time, in mid loading-screen.
    Patched the game, but even the latest patch 67 didnt work. Reinstalled, played Vanilla, added bug-fixing mods, changed the settings...
    Nothing helped. The only thing I could do is disable it.
    Googled the issue multiple times with no results. Without Pets, the game works. Havent Tried on my new laptop yet, though.
    I am assumeing that I am the only one with this issue, but still. (And before you ask, yes it was a legal copy. I dont pirate games)

The Point is, I dont know how the code works, and what type of feauture interacts with what part of the game and how, and you probably dont either. That being said, the Developers probably know that. After all, they made the game. So they know what kind of feauture would break the game, and what kind of feauture can be implemented. One outdated Mod or one piece of broken CC could render your game unplayable.
    But you can always get rid of those. How would you get rid of, lets say, a broken patch? Wait for the next one? And what about parts of the Game that cant get patched without breaking half of it?
    I am trying to learn how to create custom content, but just editing a texture takes a few hours, 3 diffrent programs and a plugin for one of them, and I had to read a tutorial, like, 3 times until I got how to do that, and I consider myself quite smart. I just have no education when it comes to programming. (Plus, English is not my first language)

If you knew what parts of the game cant be patched without breaking half of it, you would not expect anything that requires changes to those parts. Because you would know that the Developers have no intent in breaking the game. But if the Developers told us what part of the game is fix and cannot be edited without severe consequences, most people just get angry and blame them for being lazy and I dont know what.
    But every game, every program, everything has that part of code that is set once something is built on top of that.

Like, if you bake a cake, and you bake it, and you decorate it, then you cant unbake it and add more sugar to it, just because it doesnt taste the way you expected. If it tastes alright and doesnt do any harm, you just have to go with the cake you have, or bake another one. (Which would mean create Sims 5, but I hope thats still a long way to go)

No Idea if that includes Toddlers, Weather and Pets. But according to what ive read somewhere, it includes buildable apartment shells.
    We can be pretty sure it doesnt include Occults, and we can be absolutely sure it doesnt include more types of chairs.
  • Options
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    I havent read though the entire thread, so sorry if I miss the point. I just wanted to share some thoughts.

Lets say we got a patch that made all neighborhoods open world ish. (No more loading screens when travelling five meters. Only between neighborhoods and worlds) At announcement, a lot of people would scream YES FINNALLY, and could not wait till it comes out. Some would probably buy the game because of that and install it the moment the patch comes out. But if the patch would have a critical flaw, say, all savegames created pre-patch would be incompatible and had to be deleted, a lot of people would be angry again because all of their years of progress, their hundreds of generations, their dozens of buildings they spent weeks on, all gone. All reset to default, just because they wanted fewer loading screens. And tell you what. The Loading screens take now almost 20% longer because of that.
    Still think you made a good trade?
    And the SimGurus have nothing to say about this exept "Well, we warned you. At least the same patch added compatibility for weather and seasons, so it wont happen again".

Or what if foremented exemple was on Seasons?
    At first "YEAY SEASONS!!!" and then "NOOO!!! ALL I ACHIEVED GONE!!!".

And then, there would be people that would furiously hate the open world patch, because of something that bothers them, they didnt notice before. Maybe with the same amount of energy so many people hate the lack of toddlers.

I remember Sims 3 Pets. Installed it, played it for 10 Minutes, game crashed.
    No matter what I did, I could never play Sims 3 for more than 10 minutes without chrashing. Most of the time, in mid loading-screen.
    Patched the game, but even the latest patch 67 didnt work. Reinstalled, played Vanilla, added bug-fixing mods, changed the settings...
    Nothing helped. The only thing I could do is disable it.
    Googled the issue multiple times with no results. Without Pets, the game works. Havent Tried on my new laptop yet, though.
    I am assumeing that I am the only one with this issue, but still. (And before you ask, yes it was a legal copy. I dont pirate games)

The Point is, I dont know how the code works, and what type of feauture interacts with what part of the game and how, and you probably dont either. That being said, the Developers probably know that. After all, they made the game. So they know what kind of feauture would break the game, and what kind of feauture can be implemented. One outdated Mod or one piece of broken CC could render your game unplayable.
    But you can always get rid of those. How would you get rid of, lets say, a broken patch? Wait for the next one? And what about parts of the Game that cant get patched without breaking half of it?
    I am trying to learn how to create custom content, but just editing a texture takes a few hours, 3 diffrent programs and a plugin for one of them, and I had to read a tutorial, like, 3 times until I got how to do that, and I consider myself quite smart. I just have no education when it comes to programming. (Plus, English is not my first language)

If you knew what parts of the game cant be patched without breaking half of it, you would not expect anything that requires changes to those parts. Because you would know that the Developers have no intent in breaking the game. But if the Developers told us what part of the game is fix and cannot be edited without severe consequences, most people just get angry and blame them for being lazy and I dont know what.
    But every game, every program, everything has that part of code that is set once something is built on top of that.

Like, if you bake a cake, and you bake it, and you decorate it, then you cant unbake it and add more sugar to it, just because it doesnt taste the way you expected. If it tastes alright and doesnt do any harm, you just have to go with the cake you have, or bake another one. (Which would mean create Sims 5, but I hope thats still a long way to go)

No Idea if that includes Toddlers, Weather and Pets. But according to what ive read somewhere, it includes buildable apartment shells.
    We can be pretty sure it doesnt include Occults, and we can be absolutely sure it doesnt include more types of chairs.
    What you experienced with TS3 Pets was just a bug in the game. If you kept trying on the same savegame then it was your savegame that was bugged. Otherwise it was something else that wasn't compatible with Pets on your computer. But it is very unlikely that you will ever experience it again if you install the game on a new and hopefully better computer.

Bugs are in the games because EA doesn't use enough time on bugfixing to remove them before the games are released. Other game companies may use a little more time on such things. But in general all games have bugs and the game companies limit the time and resources they are willing to use on fixing them. This wouldn't be the case if it was a program that controlled a spaceship that sent astronauts out in space to another planet or a program that controlled people's financial transactions because the consequences of not fixing such bugs could easily be way too severe. But to use equally much money on fixing bugs in just a game would ruin the game company's profit. Therefore such bugs are usually only fixed if they can be found and fixed within a very short time and with very few people working on the task.

EA can't make any new EPs without almost certainly to introduce new bugs too. The reason is that the game is big and complicated. But EA still lets testers attempt to find the most severe bugs and to get them corrected before each EP is released. Less important and hard-to-find bugs are often not corrected anyway though.

But the reason why all the things that you mention aren't added to the Sims 4 has nothing to do with bugs. It has instead everything to do with limiting expenses and not to use millions of dollars on adding things that aren't necessary or that won't give EA an extra income which would be big enough to make a profit.

So EA won't add an open world because it would be extremely expensive at this time to make such an open world and make it compatible with all earlier expansions. It would probably also force EA to increase the minimum requirements for the game and a lot of people would then be angry because they couldn't play the game anymore. Still EA couldn't sell such an open world for a price that would be high enough to cover all EA's expenses for making it.

Toddlers also are very unlikely to be added. Not because they would increase the minimum requirements though. But they weren't planned for this game and EA probably wouldn't be able to sell them now for a price high enough to make adding them profitable. They aren't cheap to add now at all. So adding them probably just won't happen. EA had and has other plans for this version of the game ;)
  • Options
    llPrincessllllPrincessll Posts: 15 Member
    I finally convinced one of my friends to play The Sims 4. She bought it and downloaded it through origin, then played it non stop for a week straight. I mentioned the game to her just now, and her response was so golden, that I rushed here to share it;

"I'm at a loss of things to do on sims now. All i do is build, make sims, then watch them like tv".

As her fist time ever paying The Sims and not knowing what the game was at all, I can easily assume she will not becoming an active member of the community. Most of us Sims fans know how quickly the game becomes boring, thus why theirs tons of mods out there to prolong the inevitable boredom. I have every Sims 4 content that EA released so far, and still I find myself turning the game off for days - weeks even, hoping something inspires me to play my expensive game again. I even bought my costly laptop to play The Sims. So you can assume I invested a lot for this game.

But in all honesty, I only became a Sims fan when I played it for the first time on PS2; The Sims Bustin' Out and The Sims 2. I was so addicted I'd wake up every morning to play it, and hardly slept at night playing it. But not only were I able to play with friends back then too, The Sims also had a purpose and goals. With The Sims Bustin' Out, there was a whole story mode with Malcolm Landgraab. The Sims 2 was about completing the missions at each home. As soon as The Sims came to PC, it was all about Freeplay. Freeplay can be fun and all, but now the game lacks any in depth. It's like a ship without the crew. I miss multiplayer, story-mode, toddlers, realistically sized teens, and romantic reputations. Not to mention the open world.

Many MMORPG games that are larger than The Sims is open world. If lots were the only thing with loading screens, then the map could become open world without any performance loss. Or the hidden objects feature could be supplemented so that the game doesn't have to load and render every lot in the world. Most players don't realize why The Sims 3 had longer loading times because the game loading the entire world. But theirs ways around it as I mentioned earlier. Besides, The Sims 4 have massive and powerful tools now to make almost anything possible.

I will like my town to feel more like a town, and ALIVE. Right now it's like watching The Truman Show and everything is just so perfect and it's the same thing each day (eat, sleep, bathroom). I'd like a story-mode where our actions choose our Sims lives (similar to The Desperate Housewives game). Where every dramatic action I take, has a cause and effect. And we will only have control over our main character. That way, life can be unpredictable and based on life progression. For example, if I choose to have an affair and he/she finds out, the results are random and based on The Sims' traits (divorce, moving out, forgiveness, custody war, etc). I think Free-play should still be an option for those who doesn't want their actions to influence their life progression and want to play more than just one character, the same as the game is now. I also think woohoo would be more interesting if it had a risky component.
  • Options
    zkettellzkettell Posts: 33 Member
    What I don't like

~No NPC's (firefighters, police, burglars, etc)
    ~No Toddlers
    ~No Vehicles
    ~No Height Adjustment for sims
    ~Inability to edit hospital to what an actual functioning hospital looks like

Things I Like

~Apartments
    ~Sims doing things people do
  • Options
    lottifeelottifee Posts: 2 New Member
    I think what bothers me most about the sims 4 are family relationships and that children are like adults, there are no limits for them. They can be at home by themselves for hours on end without anyone even acknowledging it. I would love to have an option to make parents more or less strict.
    I loved back in the sims 2 when Teens could sneek out. Now it's not even noticed when teens stay out all night.
    It would really improve my game if I had options to change this. Without having my sims yell at each other without a reason.

Just needed to share this with someone.
  • Options
    wordswithcolorwordswithcolor Posts: 1 New Member
    I think the game is really great and creative. I do have an idea for an expansion pack/extra stuff. There isn't a lot of things that could be found out of America/culturally diverse objects or clothing. There is some, but not much. An expansion of objects/clothing from different cultures would be really neat! Maybe adding the ability to have an accent would be really neat, too.
  • Options
    sansastarkksansastarkk Posts: 1 New Member
    Suggestion: Sims with wheelchairs, crutches, hearing aids, etc. It would be really great and inclusive if our sims could have real-life disabilities.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    Probably come up before but why are sims whims so poorly designed, feels like make no sense to have a active sim who constantly get a whim to buy training equipment, only to rest the whims go to gym use threadmill etc. What's point in buying training equipment if sim wants to use ones in gym anyways? There several other places where you just shake your hard because it seem utterly stupid, kinda wish sims whims made a bit more sense than they do. Same with some AI where they get low on fun while painting but you have to press stereo nearby for them to listen for music nearby, same when they run on treadmill they don't watch TV in front themselves a lot time despite their fun being low.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    Almost forgot why on earth did you release spa day without extra careers in active/sports i don't get why you can't get a yoga instructor job or anything like that you can't even mentor anyone in Yoga, which on earth not add jobs like that given active career only have two job branches makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    After playing for a number of days, having gotten the game for Christmas, I thought I would give my opinion.

PROS

- The sims are better looking, in terms of their faces, not being pudding like.
    - The loading times are shorter.
    - There are no rabbit holes.
    - Pre-built rooms that you just plop down.
    - Swimming pools that can be added on any floor of a multistory home.
    - There seem to more sims roaming around the neighborhoods.
    - No supernatural vampires & zombies roaming around, trying to turn you into one all the time.
    - No aliens. At least not that I have seen yet.
    - Game play is smoother.
    - Allowing in game content to be added while playing.

CONS

- Only 5 lots per neighborhood, with only 1 free lot to build on or add a venue to. Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add 5 more vacant lots to each neighborhood so that way I can build more houses or venues. I miss building the houses and moving sims I have created into them.
    - No real estate options.
    - Controls seem a bit clunky compared to previous sims games, but I think I will get used to it eventually. (Thank you for including the option of Sims 3 controls)
    - Lot sizes seem small. The maximum lot so far that I can build on is a 20x30. I don't really like to build multi-story homes, so there is not enough room for everything a house needs + garden + pool on these small lots. (Unfortunately, for this reason I have to play a multi-story home)
    - Story progression.

Overall the game is a improvement on Sims 3, in that there is not a long loading screen and no lag or slowing down on the game.

Out of all the Cons that I listed, I do hope that they increase the neighborhood size. I want to build and play around with more housing creations.
  • Options
    LauraCxLauraCx Posts: 21 Member
    Was a bit late getting TS4 because after many spendings on previous series and expansion packs i thought i should save my money for practical things, you know, like bills. but HECK i couldnt resist, especially the recent sales not only did i get the base game but i then got all subsequent add ons.....and no regrets as i sit here and pay my virtual bills whilst baking some salt and pepper shrimps.

BEST THING: TS4 feels so much more realistic and movements and actions are natural. I really love being able to click "sit together" or "sit and chat here" or being able to do multiple actions at the same time.

WORST THING: loading screens and having to travel. My favourite thing of TS3 was able to follow my sims walk to town or follow them drive to work and be able to see whos at the park without sending my sim there. Yes TS4 has tried to kind of replicate that in that you can go a fair distance around the house but for example, my household has a pub down the lane and after having them walk down there they still then have to travel even though theyre standing right outside -.-

UNPOPULAR OPINION: i dont miss toddlers sorry! yes they were cute but if im honest i found them hard work, theyd constantly be in pyjamas because theyd be sleeping at random hours and it was too much hard work to teach to walk etc etc so i'd end up using cheats to maintain needs whilst fast forwarding time....

HOWEVER: A college add on or I saw someone mention a "get to school" spin off which i think would be GREAT!!!

• Options
    SugarplumpkinSugarplumpkin Posts: 33 Member
    I would love to be able to play the NPC households, marry them off and give them families without having to lose their job title.
  • Options
    ashleydlowerashleydlower Posts: 5 New Member
    So Toddlers are HERE! ANNDD... I am having a problem where I am unable to play any household with a baby in it. I select the household with the baby, the load screen displays, then it takes me back to the world map. SUPER FUN! Could you please fix this?

Thank you! Ashley L.
  • Options
    KenboyKenboy Posts: 1 New Member

I saw a commentary around Sims 4 fansites and it caught my attention. I mean, Sims 4 is very nice, even more with these new 2017 updates and news. Although, the game still lacks in something: Depth. The game is all about emotions and interactions but still lacks in consequences too.

So, someone said this (and is totally true. Also, it's not a big text):
    "True, I think more "special" socials likes between siblings, parents and children need to be retooled.

Also the consequences. In sims 2 we had fears, was much more fun seeing the personality of each sim shining with it.

I always thought sims 3 and sims 4 had too few consequences.

Also, the attraction system or even the lame zodiac system in sims 3 made harder or easier for sims to be in a romance. Not all sims were a good fit for each other. Sims 4 everyone likes everyone gets kinda bland.

Favorites would be cool too, like fav music genre, fav food, etc. So each sim has his personality. But not like sims 3 system which was superficial too. More like if you give them a gift of food they like they will love you more.

A memory system would be very welcomed too. Right now sims don't reminisce. In sims 2 they did and made more deep their stories."

I guess that this sum up all the "share" part topics.
    Best regards.