Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question on Sims using wrong object

For example, I direct a Sim to eat, or use a computer. He finishes a meal, then proceeds to take the plate out of the kitchen, past any number of sinks, goes upstairs, to the sink farthest from in order to wash the plate, and wastes an inordinate amount of time doing so. Or, another situation is to play on a computer, she may decide to use one far away, wasting more walking time. Can this be corrected or is it just something I have to live with?

Comments

• Options
    SimmerferlifeSimmerferlife Posts: 43 Member
    Vaxfiend wrote: »
    For example, I direct a Sim to eat, or use a computer. He finishes a meal, then proceeds to take the plate out of the kitchen, past any number of sinks, goes upstairs, to the sink farthest from in order to wash the plate, and wastes an inordinate amount of time doing so. Or, another situation is to play on a computer, she may decide to use one far away, wasting more walking time. Can this be corrected or is it just something I have to live with?
    I think this may be a glitch so you should fix the game by right clicking your sims game and click the fix the game option. Happy simming!
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited December 2016
    Oh my.. that happens to me TONES of times as well, and it annoys me so (so so so so so so) much!
    I think sims are dumb..!! I also want to know how to keep ours sims from using the farthest objects and eventually keep me from clicking the "extra speed" button to skip all time-wasting c.raps.

• Options
    SimmerferlifeSimmerferlife Posts: 43 Member
    EpicSims wrote: »
    Oh my.. that happens to me TONES of times as well, and it annoys me so (so so so so so so) much!
    I think sims are dumb..!! I also want to know how to keep ours sims from using the farthest objects and eventually keep me from clicking the "extra speed" button to skip all time-wasting c.raps.
    Sometimes when I go extra speed my sims don't do want I want to them to do it's really weird
  • Options
    LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member
    I usually fix this by not placing a sink on a counter in bathroom, but since the Dec patch was released, it seems to be gone by now.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Roif456 wrote: »
    since the Dec patch was released, it seems to be gone by now.

It seems to be the opposite for me. It's even worse now. It wasnt that much of an issue for me before the patch. Except when I made a mini kitchen in a basement. They would go down stairs and get the food out of the fridge, then go upstairs to the kitchen and place the food on the stove, even though there was a fridge in the kitchen,and I clicked the kitchen fridge to start with. I haven't checked to see if that was fixed yet. I haven't rotated back to that family. But as far as the sink issue I didn't really have a problem before the patch, it happened very rarely. But now it happens all the time
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    Roif456 wrote: »
    since the Dec patch was released, it seems to be gone by now.

It seems to be the opposite for me. It's even worse now. It wasnt that much of an issue for me before the patch. Except when I made a mini kitchen in a basement. They would go down stairs and get the food out of the fridge, then go upstairs to the kitchen and place the food on the stove, even though there was a fridge in the kitchen,and I clicked the kitchen fridge to start with. I haven't checked to see if that was fixed yet. I haven't rotated back to that family. But as far as the sink issue I didn't really have a problem before the patch, it happened very rarely. But now it happens all the time

Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on the issue on the AHQ EA site link thread that I posted in the above post.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Vaxfiend wrote: »

This stuff was patched months ago, looks like it's back. Recently my Sims went back to using a bathroom sink.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    the AI in this game is wonky. I'll ask a sim to clean up. they'll gather up all the dishes, even the ones upstairs if I'm playing a house that has 2 stories and they'll sit them all down and go do something else. like :anguished:
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    VaxfiendVaxfiend Posts: 44 Member
    I'm glad it's not just me. I should report it duly. Though it seems to happen more so in a large, many-roomed house as opposed to a small bungalow setting. I've just grown to accept it, along with the sometimes unending pauses in activity while the clock ticks. A sim once took more than an hour to get up from an empty plate and use the bathroom.