Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You wanna see Toddlers or Pets first ?

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Mm, I think it would be toddlers first for me. It's not a life stage I particularly care for, but because I tend to play my game via legacy style, I get a lot more use out of toddlers than I do pets. I'm a pet person IRL but never in the sims, oddly enough.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I love animals but toddlers would really fill out the life stages. =)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Pets pets pets!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    One good thing about Pets, though, is that it can show us the devs' abilities to work with living beings that aren't chained to a bassinet, but aren't adults or miniature adult sims.

It would be like a litmus test of whether this iteration can handle multi-tasking with interacting with living beings who aren't copy-past versions of the adult sims that the devs have been working with the whole time.

If they can do Pets well, especially with sims being able to carry said Pets around, then I feel that the devs can do toddlers, and I would also feel that there should be no real excuse for lack of tots at that point (besides money and resources, I guess).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    @ferret9005 Your username reminded me of something: I hope that when TS4: Pets does come, they include ferrets as a pet you can have. I don't believe they've been in any of the past games so far unless I've missed something.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Toddlers for me, but that's because I don't really like playing with pets that much for some reason. Although if they bring back pets, I hope we can run a pet store, be a vet, or own a shelter. That'd be cool :)
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Both are cruical for my gameplay, but I would have to go with toddlers, because imo they should have been in the base game to begin with. So for me, adding them is like fixing the basis of the game and only then new EP content like pets, can be added.
  • Options
    SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
    I'm really into making families and especially generations on sims so I would prefer toddlers over pets.
    I mean, they would complete the game if they were ever included. I really loved when parents would teach their toddlers how to speak and walk on sims 2/3, so why not do something similar on sims 4 as well?
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I miss toddlers so much! I fear that if we do get vampires we won't get toddlers because that's another life state they have to add to a toddler.
  • Options
    sheepicornsheepicorn Posts: 31 Member
    Oh my... what a hard decision.

First off, toddlers are a very important real life stage, when the baby grows up and is ready to learn the basics of living in the real world (or at least in the house). Sometimes it's very fun to play with a toddler and have them interact with their foreign environment but other times they can be a stinky situation (literally)! On the other hand pets can be a wide selection, from cats to horses and who knows what else. Having a pet companion can be different than a person companion... sometimes even better. So for me, I would have to go for pets. I've been wanting a few crazy cat ladies and horse ranches, and it would make my heart swell if they added them.
    Gallery Name: chicatheartist (Come visit my creations some time!)
    ByCPAWOxGWlm1ufLDRDQEZefvDIej5LKzK2NBU2rxMqGf0Zh_eNLqzvYNNA0WiFV0zYPiOo=s107

• Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I love toddlers but having a world without animals is a deal breaker TS4 just looks to futuristic for me.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Toddlers. I don't think we will get pets, but if we do and they arrive before toddlers I would skip it entirely.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2016
    UNtil EA and the other companies involved settles with the voice actors Union - neither one will be able to happen - unfortunately. The Union is specifically striking at The Sims 4 Pets. It is listed as one of the games they are striking. Unfortunately toddlers require voice actors as well.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    shygirlshygirl Posts: 221 Member
    Toddlers
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Simultaneous toddlers and pets would be awesome. Also adorable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    McFizzleShizzleMcFizzleShizzle Posts: 1,632 Member
    I would love to see Pets first, Toddlers just isn't that interesting to me.
    tumblr_msx1lynGG41rd67d1o1_500.gif
    Origin ID: McFizzleShizzle
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I want vampires first (and yay, they're coming!), then pets, then toddlers. So, I'd chose pets over toddlers, but I'd like to have both.
  • Options
    SimmerferlifeSimmerferlife Posts: 43 Member
    Toddlers because they are life stage and this is a simulation game and simulation games are about real life and I love pets but I can wait for pets toddlers are really fun for example teaching them how to walk.
  • Options
    LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member
    Toddlers first! Even though I still play it, and I'm fine with baby to child thing, but the game needs a bit of logic more.
  • Options
    I want pets first. Toddlers are boring and useless.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Toddlers.

I have to admit I'm getting a bit bored of the pets theme, I hope if they do them for TS4 then they make them a lot more interactive. I want to be able to have careers like Vet or Stylist, and to take them to pet shows like in TS1. I really liked the horses in TS3 but the cats and dogs just weren't that entertaining to me. And they took too much attention as well because (for me) they always glitched and couldn't find their food bowls and they needed too much attention. I'm not saying I don't want Pets, but they'll have to make the pack really interesting and entertaining or I'll just be Meh.

If they did a farming pack I'd be really excited then!
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Honestly, I can do without the toddlers. I really want pets!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,234 Member
    I would prefer toddlers since there are stage that expands our sims life.
  • Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    Pets!! I miss pets soooo much! I miss toddlers too, but at this point I can live without an extra life stage for longer than I'm willing to live without pets.