Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✧✫ Who's your POKEMON! ✪ ✫✧

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Zinniavanilla That is why I usually keep my game-plays quiet sometimes, it's like going into a shippers thread & announcing a pair that 80% disagrees with & holy bananas it's like releasing Ocean flood gates onto a cute defenseless village :scream:

I usually play for laffs, oml you don't wanna see me when I play Yakuza. I get super giddy from the violence & laugh manically through every fight. (Btw YAKUZA NUMBER ONE~!! HOI! HOI! HOI!) Aaaaaaanyways... For some games I just play for laffs & for the chillin. But rpgs....

Rpgs are umm... special... I get err... power hungry :blush: Sooo I kinda get a lil despotic wit the party stats.

tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I don't know how they fare right now in the era of Sun/Moon, but three pokemon that I always have on me now are some of the most powerful I've ever trained (and beaten kids from Japan with.) They are White Kyurem, Glaceon, and Gardevoir.

burning_red_white_kyurem_by_pkblitz-d4um717.png
    gardevoir_pokken_tournament.png
    471Glaceon.png

And yes, I do understand the irony of someone like me not having pokemon in black or that are of the dark element.
  • Options
    ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    @Zinniavanilla That is why I usually keep my game-plays quiet sometimes, it's like going into a shippers thread & announcing a pair that 80% disagrees with & holy bananas it's like releasing Ocean flood gates onto a cute defenseless village :scream:

I usually play for laffs, oml you don't wanna see me when I play Yakuza. I get super giddy from the violence & laugh manically through every fight. (Btw YAKUZA NUMBER ONE~!! HOI! HOI! HOI!) Aaaaaaanyways... For some games I just play for laffs & for the chillin. But rpgs....

Rpgs are umm... special... I get err... power hungry :blush: Sooo I kinda get a lil despotic wit the party stats.

Oh... you should see me play Warframe... I'm pretty tame when playing Co-op or solo... but if you put me in a PvP duel then I jump around the entire screen hitting everything that moves with a giant poison greatsword... I'm tied as the strongest in our guild (With my older brother... We're pretty competitive while playing that)

But yeah, other then that I am pretty calm while playing games.
    unknown.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Zinniavanilla Lmao I don't wanna face ya then :joy: I'd just rage ahaha.

@ENolan MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :star:

Good ta see ya!!! I'm saving that pic of White Kyurem! Man Gardevior is more popular that I thought :o
    Dude I can't believe ya won against Japanese trainers. They're so damb hard :tired_face: Seriously yo GG!!! :star:

Oh yeah! You're also the only trainer I know that has a Glaceon main, your party is quite aesthetic I must say :star:B):+1::star:
  • Options
    @Savage_Patch_Kidd You play Warframe?
    unknown.png
  • Options
    @Zinniavanilla Used to but it was a veeeeery long time ago & it wasn't for long either. I kept switchin round alotta mobas/mmos around that time. Kept goin back ta League & GWII :expressionless: Then POE pretty much too over. I think I was active on at least 10 online games through 2013/14. I was a late bloomer to online gaming & was pretty much just experimenting with everything :blush:

@ENolan almost forgot! What are ya thoughts on Shiny Mega Gardevoir?
    mega_gardevoir__shiny__by_shortyvoir-d89gp4v.png
  • Options
    @Savage_Patch_Kidd I got into Warframe a long time ago too. It is much better now, of course.
    If you ever get into it again feel free to join our clan, I am high enough tier to invite people.
    Pluuuus the members who are active are kind and powerful enough to help get any Frames/weapons you want :lol:
    unknown.png
  • Options
    @Zinniavanilla Cheers for the offer mate! :smiley::blush: I'm suuuuuuper rusty & don't really remember much but once I get the feel for the game I'll be sweet as :+1:

• Options
    annakareninaannakarenina Posts: 4 New Member
    My favourite Pokemon is Totodile. Gen 2's my fav of the series, so I'm definitely biased there. :smile: Garchomp is a close second, though! I remember playing Pearl as a kid and having Cynthia's absolutely wreck my team. (I was young and didn't get that it was a good idea to train up more than just your starter...)

Aside from those two, though, I don't really care what Pokemon's on my team. I usually just pick whatever Pokemon designs I like best out of the current gen (I don't play the games competitively so stats don't matter).

I do try and catch as many Pokemon as I can in a game but I always lose interest before I complete the national dex, especially now that there's 700+ of them. I'm going to try and finally complete a dex for Sun, though. I haven't had much time to play the game due to university finals and the like but hopefully I can work on my dex during the upcoming winter break!

Also, everyone in this thread has really good taste in Pokemon! I loved reading through the replies. <3
  • Options
    @annakarenina Welcome!! I used to think Garchomp was just a land shark but when I got older I realized that made no darn sense since he is not even a water type :expressionless:

Good luck with finals!!! :star::wink::+1::star:
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I thought I would great a bigger list of my favorite pokemon.
    Breloom (Named Bat)
    Ninetales
    Arcticuno
    Rayquaza (Named Adamai)
    Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade/Gardevoir (Vanguard is a Gardevoir, Nico is a Gallade)
    Skitty
    Sylveon
    Vaporeon
    Rattata
    Mewtwo
    Duosion
    Meowstic
    Espeon
    Absol

I like the cat and psychic type pokemon (not cat type... just cat pokemon)
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,937 Member
    Any of ya'll got Sun/Moon? Because I feel like trying out a few battles with any of you tomorrow. Because whew, I do feel rushing with excitement to test out my new mega Metagross.

I also completed the 'Dex! (As seen with my somewhat poor camera skills)
    uwdvHu9.jpg

By the way, has my team got any shared weaknesses?
    lK3vP1J.jpg
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Savage_Patch_Kidd These are some of my Frames
    Saryn and my Operator
    ruXOWru.jpg
    nTOjTWg.jpg
    And this is Mirage (Who is currently a Mummy-ragdoll thing... creepy)
    gXKEhnd.jpg
    I have some more too though
    Er... Ignore my name, my brother helped make my profile and he kept trying to name me "EmoWeeaboo" So it was either that or this. . .
    unknown.png
  • Options
    @Zinniavanilla That's sick yo! So rad!!! :o I really like Saryn, diggin that organic aesthetic for both :smiley:
    Also Duosion is a squidgy baby I just wanna squeeze him!!! :dizzy:

@Sorak4 I have Moon but I don't replace the 3DS til Jan. I have a graduate Project taking up most of Dec/Jan. What moves have ya got for for your party & are they all balanced out type wise? I usually make sure all my first three Pokemon mains counteract each other with types & moves.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Zinniavanilla That's sick yo! So rad!!! :o I really like Saryn, diggin that organic aesthetic for both :smiley:
    Also Duosion is a squidgy baby I just wanna squeeze him!!! :dizzy:

@Sorak4 I have Moon but I don't replace the 3DS til Jan. I have a graduate Project taking up most of Dec/Jan. What moves have ya got for for your party & are they all balanced out type wise? I usually make sure all my first three Pokemon mains counteract each other with types & moves.

Well aside from having a Shadow Ball, Mooblast, Sparkling Aria, Psychic and Modest/HyperTrained Primerina holding the Primerinaim Z
    My Metagrossite holding Metagross has Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt and Hammer Arm.
    The Nihilego has, Stealth Rock, Power Gem, Psychic and Sludgebomb.
    Tapu Lele is running with Natures' Madness, Psychic, Shadowball and Moonblast
    Gothitelle uses Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dark Pulse and Energy Ball
    Tsareena also uses high jump kick, Trop kick, U-Turn and Acrobatics (No item because of that move)

Type wise they do share a weakness to dark which Lele and Primerina counter, Gothitelle can deal with the Ghost types too, Metagross is there for being the psyhical sweeper when I need to fall back behind a tougher 'Mon.

Though I do plan on switching Tsareena/Bouncee out for my good ol' Crobat now finally hyper-trained up and EV'd properly which is there for paining those in comp with toxic, leftovers and leech life-ing combos.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    @Sorak4 That's actually a really good mix. I wouldn't change it plus the Z moves usually clean sweep most of the time.
  • Options
    @Savage_Patch_Kidd Thanks! Yeah, I didn't realize when I went in to triple battles that I needed to have six pokemon instead of three, so I destroyed a few teams before I even realized it. I used to be the best trainer in my state during the game boy advance years. White Kyurem is my personal legendary favorite due to having only the second best stats next to a supertrained Arceus. Glaceon has the highest special attack stat of all the Eevee evolutions so, besides it being the ice element, it was a no brainer for me. And Gardevoir has always been a valuable member of the team considering I could never find someone to trade with to get Alakazam.

As for Shiny Mega Gardevoir, I'm more of a traditionalist. I'll take a well-trained normal pokemon over a shiny one, even a moderately well trained one. Same goes for Mega Gardevoir.
    mega_gardevoir_by_theangryaron-d6uyznd.png
  • Options
    @ENolan Word :blush: Mad respect mate B):+1:

Seriously that is super rad dude!
  • Options
    @Savage_Patch_Kidd Thanks! I've lurked the forums on and off for awhile now so I thought I should finally post, haha. And as a kid I used to think the weirdest things about what Pokemon are supposed to be, too. It took me forever to realise Pikachu was supposed to be based off a mouse.

@ENolan Dude, that's awesome! Did/do you battle competitively?
  • Options
    @annakarenina I never knew if there was a competitive league back then. I just traveled around with my family and a GBA handy and went where other kids were. I'm way too far behind nowadays with the training scene, (especially without playing Sun or Moon), and can admit I got lucky when I did go online.
  • Options
    @ENolan Oh, well that's still cool! And yeah, I'm the same with the current competitive scene. It's way too intense for me. I don't have the time to breed for perfect IV Pokemon, but I still think it's neat how passionate and dedicated people are. :)
  • Options
    Assist is my favorite move. It hilarious, and you get to see a skitty use the move Fly
    unknown.png
  • Options
    Sooo, I have recently gotten a level 53 Metang off Poke Pelago and I would like to offer it up for adoption. Because I already have a Mega-Stone holding Metagross at level 86 I think I don't need an extra Metang.

Add me with 0920-1192-1639 and you should find me in the plaza so I can give it away.
    L9q8VGi.png