Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you missing most in your game?

Comments

• Options
    FamilyFriendFamilyFriend Posts: 24 Member
    Seasons, weather, and pets. They just released the holiday pack but even though it's free, I'm probably not going to get it, It just won't seem the same without some kind of weather saying it's Christmas
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    Open world.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I really want more free time activities. Hobbies, bowling, and skating.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    I miss the days when I was actually exited about future Sims releases. Now I just boycott them

:disappointed:

Agreed. I used to get so excited for Sims updates and pack announcements (legit High-End Loft made me scream because of the new fishtank for my favourite little fishies). Now I think "alright, what are these boneheads ruining this time?"

I see you quoted my spelling mistake :open_mouth: That was meant to say excited, not exited lol
    I miss the days when I was actually exited about future Sims releases. Now I just boycott them

But what are you missing most in your Sims 4 game? (That's the OP's question, in Sims 4 General Discussion.)

I do not own TS4 and these reasons I stated are the very reason why

To add onto what @luthienrising said, the point of the thread is what's missing to you. You made your point that there's no excitement which is fine. But WHY do you have less excitement? What is missing from sims 4 that could give you excitement? Do you miss sims 3's open world, maybe it's cast?

For me, to truly enjoy Sims 4 I need my supernaturals, particularly vampires and witches. So hopefully the rumored pack is true, a whole pack dedicated to vampires, they'll come out amazing!

I also would love seasons.

Well I have played the TS4 Free Trial, a patched base game up to March I think it was so even though I do not own the game, I have experienced it and I know what is missing from the game for me.

It is nothing like the grandness of TS3 (my opinion) and it lacks what I perceive as the richness, realness and depth that was associated with the previous games.

Who are these Sims driving by my house in TS3? They are Sims going to work, going to school, going to a community lot. They all have a purpose.

Who are these Sims going by in TS4? Some are jogging, others are even doing push ups but these are added effects that do not compensate the openness and realness that I feel in TS3.

These things in TS3 give me excitement so there was that feeling of no excitement when I played the Free Trial and that excitement is what keeps me wanting more and making me show interest in new content for the future.

So, that is what is missing...

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited December 2016
    There are still lots of things I loved in previous Sims games that I miss in TS4, but you said "missing most" so I think I'd have to say either aspects of the open world or Create-A-Style. With regards to open world, specifically the freedom/ability to control multiple Sims in one household while they are in different locations. (Wanted to make it clear that it's not just about loading screens!) Create-A-Style, well, that's pretty self-explanatory. I used to 'refurbish' almost everything I put into a household and also loved to personalize my Sims' wardrobes too.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Seasons and Island Paradise were my favourite EPs in TS3 so I am definitely missing those. Plus Generations. I would love to have proms back and after school activities for kids and teens. I honestly didn't realise how much that EP brought to my game after I'd had it a while.

I also really miss the features of the TS1 Superstar EP. I liked the celebrity system and how it was really hard to become a decent star level (unlike in TS3).

Another smaller feature that I miss is the photo booths! I love hanging the selfies and camera photos up on my sims' walls so the photo booth would be a really nice addition. I liked the greeting card they could create in the Seasons EP that was like a family portrait.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Seasons, toddlers, and pets in that order. I want my sims to celebrate the holidays the way I do: with lots of snow, snuggling my pup, and family.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Seasons, weather, cast, create a world tools, university, toddlers, pets... more pattern... more freaking pattern to choose from... more colours options and so on...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Agreed. I used to get so excited for Sims updates and pack announcements (legit High-End Loft made me scream because of the new fishtank for my favourite little fishies). Now I think "alright, what are these boneheads ruining this time?"

I see you quoted my spelling mistake :open_mouth: That was meant to say excited, not exited lol

But what are you missing most in your Sims 4 game? (That's the OP's question, in Sims 4 General Discussion.)

To add onto what @luthienrising said, the point of the thread is what's missing to you. You made your point that there's no excitement which is fine. But WHY do you have less excitement? What is missing from sims 4 that could give you excitement? Do you miss sims 3's open world, maybe it's cast?

For me, to truly enjoy Sims 4 I need my supernaturals, particularly vampires and witches. So hopefully the rumored pack is true, a whole pack dedicated to vampires, they'll come out amazing!

Well I have played the TS4 Free Trial, a patched base game up to March I think it was so even though I do not own the game, I have experienced it and I know what is missing from the game for me.

It is nothing like the grandness of TS3 (my opinion) and it lacks what I perceive as the richness, realness and depth that was associated with the previous games.

Who are these Sims driving by my house in TS3? They are Sims going to work, going to school, going to a community lot. They all have a purpose.

Who are these Sims going by in TS4? Some are jogging, others are even doing push ups but these are added effects that do not compensate the openness and realness that I feel in TS3.

These things in TS3 give me excitement so there was that feeling of no excitement when I played the Free Trial and that excitement is what keeps me wanting more and making me show interest in new content for the future.

So if I had to guess I'd say you felt like sims 4 is basically just a set? Everything there is all illusion basically?

I myself like it that way as some illusion like the fx people in San Myshuno make it seem super alive, stuff like helicopters etc.

But I also understand where you're coming from. I get really sad never seeing my neighbors on their front lawns checking their mail or kids playing in the backyard etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2016
    Pool tables (but probably too big to be in this version).
    Sending sims to different locations for vacation.
    Enrolling kids and teens in after school activities.
    University (though I'd probably use the cheat to just give my Sims degrees without going to campus).
    Body hair would be nice.
    Drum sets.
    Soccer.
    Ladders.
    More trait slots and options.
    Being able to swim in the lakes/ocean.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Looking at my list nothing is really major, just would be nice to have in addition to what's already here.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    more supernaturals. Simbots from ITF were so cool. vamps, witches, etc
    For ghost to procreate
    all-in-one bathroom
    toddlers (with lots of fun stuff for them)
    weather/seasons
    university (I don't care for it but I feel it's important for my sims lol)
    More physical interactions between sims
    Goth like clothing/decor/furniture
    More unique worlds. Something like dark and creepy, and steampunk, also a tropical world.
    For sims to swim in oceans and lakes
    Pets (not like sims 3)
    cemetery
    bonehilda
    The Summerdreams
    Land line phone
    Hot cocoa
    magical items
    washer/dryer
    That teleporter thing from the sims3 store where you can eat/pee/shower all at the same time then teleport to work or school. I need that. lol

I'm sure there's more... :)

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LoltobiaslolLoltobiaslol Posts: 59 Member
    Im missing the open worlds, toddlers, weather. Traits that actually mean something and sims that seem to have personality. Sims that are involved with eachother and better freewill.
    5d00f4f56db94993d8d0df0233a2c485.gif

A corruption so profound, that going insane may be the only sane thing to do.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

So if I had to guess I'd say you felt like sims 4 is basically just a set? Everything there is all illusion basically?

I myself like it that way as some illusion like the fx people in San Myshuno make it seem super alive, stuff like helicopters etc.

But I also understand where you're coming from. I get really sad never seeing my neighbors on their front lawns checking their mail or kids playing in the backyard etc.

In TS3 sometimes it is just fun to let the game play itself. Once I was waiting for a Sim to get back home from work and I heard some talking. It turned out that two neighbours where interacting in next doors garden. You might hear some barking if there is a pet next door and in the morning can especially see a lot of Sims leaving for work. I like that as even if you are not playing those households they are still there in your game and they feel like they have purpose
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SoniaSimmerSoniaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Magic (especially the Makin' Magic system) and supernatural things in general.
    Many things to do that have nothing to do with parties and the everyday life (by this I mean that Sims 4 is too 'normal').
    Seasons.
    Being famous (as in Superstar).
    Vacation destinations with secret vacation lots and secret characters. Besides, I loved when my dogs found a secret map by digging in the ground.
    Going to University (but like in The Sims 2: University, since I didn't like The Sims 3: University expansion).
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    JRBear wrote: »
    * Pets! Especially dogs/cats/horses.
    * Toddlers - I like family play... It's hard for me to do generations in S4 and have as much fun.
    * More development for teens - Maybe prom/social events for teens? Driving lessons/something extra for them. After School activities?
    * Kids - toy oven! Sand pits, tree houses, tag. Imaginary friend amused me, too. Field Trips!! Ballet/Scouts...
    * Snow - I would be good with a destination world for this
    * Beaches and houseboats!
    * Lifestates - Vampires, Fairies, Werewolves, Plantsims, Witches, Mermaids, Gargoyles (Can we make that a thing?)! (I'm playing a mutant-like world, Marvelesque, so these would fit in great! And I'm normal IRL, so I like playing something extraordinary.)
    * I'd like it if sims got more of a mood boost/change when near soulmates/good friends/enemies.
    * University
    * Ability to modify neighborhood areas! At least to change/add objects in them.
    * I agree that randomizing traits option would be nice/fun!
    * I wouldn't mind more aspirations for both kids or adults. The kid ones especially are repetitive after a while
    * More destination/vacation areas. We need more than Granite Falls for sure! Maybe world adventure-ish, but a snow/tropical theme would work for this, too. Maybe jungles or deserts.
    * BUNK BEDS
    * Drums! For sure! That'd get the apartment neighbors riled ;)
    * Skills: Martial Arts
    * Acrobat/Magician career or something similar
    * Ability to own other houses to rent, Vacation houses
    * More Careers: Vet, Teacher, Lawyer/Judge might be fun, Military, Singer
    * Oh! Ladders! I need ladders
    * Spiral staircase would be cool, too.

everything stated here, also the ability for sims to be able to play in water, to be able to jump and swim in the water that surrounds the city, to me it looks like a sea or if its a river, maybe there could be a chance they'll get sick after swimming in it, But I would really like the ability to swim and play in it, even go diving and find treasures.
    and theres loads of water in windenburg, opportunities for paddling.
    university,
    toddlers
    seasons.

• Options
    iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member
    I miss Supernatural Sims - I loved the fairies in TS 3 (and I also miss the Zombies and the brooms!), toddlers and burglars. Also the dancing - thing.
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    So much stuff that I can't even write it down cause it would take forever
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    Spiral staircases.
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Free babies and toddlers.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    iamthek wrote: »
    I miss Supernatural Sims - I loved the fairies in TS 3 (and I also miss the Zombies and the brooms!), toddlers and burglars. Also the dancing - thing.

I forgot Supernatural in my list of things I miss!! Fairies more than vampires but I do have my mixed race fairy/vampire family safely stored on my portable HDD. And my absolute favourite object - the tanning booth. Don't know why I love it but I do :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    What am I missing?

Time Warp -- Not the dance. In SIMS2(base game) you returned to your lot just a few minutes after you left no matter how long you were away at the park, restaurant or whatever. Once I understood how to manipulate the way time moved, I improved my gameplay.

In SIMS4 if you have a household with multiple characters and only one of the characters leaves the lot, the remaining characters' lives are in limbo until the one character comes back.

I would propose that there be an option when visiting away from household that you could save and exit while away, and come back to the game to play as another character from the same household at the time that the previous character left to an away lot. That way, a household with seven teenagers could all come home from school and each one could go his / her own way and do what ever they need to fulfill their needs list.

It would be nice if the skinny dipping action wasn't restricted just to adults, but restricted to a character's age range.

It would be nice if the overall game panel included an option between behavior activities from different ESRB ratings, "E" to "T" and "M" Or a Game Pack rated "M" that would allow the game to be toggled back to a more "milk toast" rating for customers who have multiple players in a Real Life Household with younger players.
  • Options
    annakareninaannakarenina Posts: 4 New Member
    I really miss the way that babies used to be in The Sims 2. Y'know, not like objects. And, like everyone else, I miss toddlers. While they're far from my favourite lifestage, it just feels so weird to see a baby immediately age up into a child! Like, I love The Sims 1 but that abrupt aging definitely is not something from it I missed. :D

I also miss beaches. I never realised how much I loved having my sims swim in the ocean or lounge around on the sand until I went back to earlier games. (It's a nice escape for me right now considering outside is covered in snow and freezing!) It's actually kinda frustrating not being able to really interact with the bodies of water around my TS4 neighbourhoods, lol.

There's a bunch of other stuff I miss, as well, but it's mostly minor things, like being able to create your own neighbourhood and controlling where lots are placed.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    edited December 2016
    Lounge chairs. I think about them every time my sims go to their backyards
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Mostly, I am missing dance "together" where sims actually face each other and are, you know, together.....not just all facing the stereo somewhere in the room. I miss slow dancing. I miss the "goose" interaction. I miss parents dancing with their kids on their feet.

I miss the 'feeling' that the sims are actually involved with each other through the better animations and dynamics of Sims 2.

I miss this too!!! I wish i could squish all the best parts of each iteration together... the Sims 4 has some great features the Sims 2 doesn't, but the feeling of the Sims 2 is so much different, and is more important to me than having more shelf slots etc.
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Oh, such a question...

Options!

The option to make my own neighborhood- to combine the neighborhoods I want together.
    CASt- for more hair color options, more clothes color/pattern options; more eye colors options.
    CASt- for building
    More grass grass looking grass
    Options to remove phones
    .... there's more.

...and Less smiling. lol (I also don't like the new smilies, either) ;)

I'd love to be able to remove phones especially from children. Why do the little kids always need phones? They can't make tea but they can have a cell phone and roam around in the middle of the night alone. Gah!