Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you missing most in your game?

Comments

• Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    And some kind of tropical city
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited December 2016
    CK213 wrote: »
    Toddlers, shorter teens, University, Seasons, deeper traits and trait social conflicts--because TS4's traits feel weak, and burglars.

I would like burglars if they could be more effectively negated. I'm still sore after The Sims 2 experience, where I had alarms in every room and combat drones patrolling the house perimeter and they still get away with things. What sorcery!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    I am missing the ability to add lots, lot sizes, Cast, and the ability to make apts as well as creating my own neighborhoods. There is a few more things. =)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Toddlers, shorter teens, University, Seasons, deeper traits and trait social conflicts--because TS4's traits feel weak, and burglars.

I would like burglars if they could be more effectively negated. I'm still sore after The Sims 2 experience, where I had alarms in every room and combat drones patrolling the house perimeter and they still get away with things. What sorcery!

That feel when the burglar gets away with the 4k vase and the flatscreen because the cop is an incompetent fighter.

Borrowing an idea from one of the sims games (can't remember which), I would like it if they brought back the option to free the burglar too while the cop is 'patrolling' the house. I always thought that was an interesting option from a story/roleplaying perspective.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

That feel when the burglar gets away with the 4k vase and the flatscreen because the cop is an incompetent fighter.

Borrowing an idea from one of the sims games (can't remember which), I would like it if they brought back the option to free the burglar too while the cop is 'patrolling' the house. I always thought that was an interesting option from a story/roleplaying perspective.

Oh yes, fight-the-burglar is a necessity for having them back in the game. Had a situation where there were two robberies in about a week. The first time the burly, high body husband gave the old "where do you think you're going?" and got his backside handed to him. Two days later the same burglar comes by and the petite wife does the same and utterly destroys him. Rarely have I laughed as hard when playing a Sims game.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Taxi's. My Sims keep getting calls to go to clubs & bars. They go, and they have to walk a mile or so to go home! The tired walk, even.
    I don't miss anything. I thought I would.
    I don't miss the open world because it's still pretty open. There are only so many places your sim can be at one time.
    I don't miss Create a Style. I made my TS3 sims clothes match too much. It looked weird at times. Houses too. It's more realistic to have limited choices.
    I don't miss toddlers, always hated 'em. Teach it to walk, teach it to talk, teach it not to leave a mess... Just grow up already!
    I don't miss all the teenybopper stuff the sims had become. Vampires who can't kill. Juice... yadayadayada.

I would love weather, but not having it isn't a deal breaker for me anymore. I'm really enjoying this game!
  • Options
    isimkateisimkate Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm really missing the weather and universities.. :disappointed:
  • Options
    PrettyOddPrettyOdd Posts: 63 Member
    I want a beach town, and seasons. Also less loading screens, I feel like you shouldn't have to sit through a loading screen just to visit next door.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited December 2016
    toddlers toddlers toddlers, pets, family play, emotions, individual personalities, the ability to customise my hood (fingerprint worlds)...

oh yeah, all the base careers since TS1.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't necessarily want every little thing back that we had in previous games but there are a few things I really miss.

-Supernatural Sims... So glad that it seems like we'll be getting vampires soon.
    -Attraction system with turn ons and turn offs.
    -Pets
    -Drum sets and the ability to make bands.
    -Burglars and police NPC
    -More random chaos and calamity
    -University
    -Careers like Paranormal Investigator, Education, and self employment
    -Pool Tables
    Post edited by ShinobuTypeError on
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Toddlers pets seasons
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Roller Coasters and Carousels from TS3 Store.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Seasons are the only thing I'm really missing right now.
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    I'm missing weather. It's been that way this time the previous two years as well - the first snow here, and want to watch the snow fall in my game, too.

Same but I found a really cool mod, but without mods its very odd. You don't celebrate Christmas is the middle of spring. Need me some realism!
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited December 2016
    Create-a-style, open world and not having babies age up directly into 8-year olds.
    Also, seasons and the buliding system of ts3(minus the roofs), because now you can't hammer down individual tiles, just rooms, so if I want a staircase with a large opening above it, I have to build a room and it's more complicated than it's worth.
    NK4koaX.png
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    * Pets! Especially dogs/cats/horses.
    * Toddlers - I like family play... It's hard for me to do generations in S4 and have as much fun.
    * More development for teens - Maybe prom/social events for teens? Driving lessons/something extra for them. After School activities?
    * Kids - toy oven! Sand pits, tree houses, tag. Imaginary friend amused me, too. Field Trips!! Ballet/Scouts...
    * Snow - I would be good with a destination world for this
    * Beaches and houseboats!
    * Lifestates - Vampires, Fairies, Werewolves, Plantsims, Witches, Mermaids, Gargoyles (Can we make that a thing?)! (I'm playing a mutant-like world, Marvelesque, so these would fit in great! And I'm normal IRL, so I like playing something extraordinary.)
    * I'd like it if sims got more of a mood boost/change when near soulmates/good friends/enemies.
    * University
    * Ability to modify neighborhood areas! At least to change/add objects in them.
    * I agree that randomizing traits option would be nice/fun!
    * I wouldn't mind more aspirations for both kids or adults. The kid ones especially are repetitive after a while
    * More destination/vacation areas. We need more than Granite Falls for sure! Maybe world adventure-ish, but a snow/tropical theme would work for this, too. Maybe jungles or deserts.
    * BUNK BEDS
    * Drums! For sure! That'd get the apartment neighbors riled ;)
    * Skills: Martial Arts
    * Acrobat/Magician career or something similar
    * Ability to own other houses to rent, Vacation houses
    * More Careers: Vet, Teacher, Lawyer/Judge might be fun, Military, Singer
    * Oh! Ladders! I need ladders
    * Spiral staircase would be cool, too.
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2016
    Also: Curly hair!

Oh! I forgot, I need kids to have the same skin/hair color options as adults... Then I'd be happy. If EA doesn't do this eventually, I'm going to be hunting a mod.
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    More lots/neighborhoods in existing worlds, toddlers, preteens, sim to sim interactions not tied to objects but actual sims (tag, catch, hang out etc.), more aspirations, more jobs, more consequences, a memory system, an attraction system, more individualized sims, slow dance, actual face to face dancing, customizaton options for the worlds, vacation worlds, better recognition of distant relatives...I could keep going all day.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    More unique Sims. All Sims act the same despite their different traits. The only proper difference is that they'll get the odd mood let from their trait. It makes the game boring and it's hard to find your Sims' style in CAS and build mode.
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    I miss a lot of things.

What made me really love Late Night was the fact that I could make my Sim a celebrity. Kinda want that back. Hope they put it in an Fame Focused EP or GP. I also miss having roommates but not controlling them like the roommate system they had in University. Honestly, if the Sims team make the roommates like the City Life EP with the neighbors and rooms with loading screen, I will really be disappointed :/ Crossing my fingers, though.

Things, I think will never come back but I miss is the cars, THE OPEN WORLD, and toddlers.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Oh boy, here we go....
    • Supernaturals
    • Toddlers
    • Family play
    • Darker neighborhoods (I swear to God if friendlysimmers shows up to complain about this point ffs)
    • Diverse styles of clothing (everything feels ultra-modern and expensive now...)
    • Classic furniture (fancy stuff is not my taste, especially modern things)
    • Retro content
    • Horses
    • Fishtanks
    • Good music
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    edited December 2016
    Weather and cats (pets) are what I miss most.

Reading other responses, I suppose CASt in some form would be nice, i.e. matching furniture options uniformly across each available set. I keep pulling teeth over how the "right" piece does not match with the other "right" piece. Then the CC I pop in to alleviate this breaks when new content is released. It's a bit tedious. There's some issues I have with the clothing colours in a similar vein (specifically the full body sets).

Oh, and drums and the having a "band" thing. I didn't play much beyond the base game of Sims 3, so I'm thinking of the Sims 2 University sense.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Life stages are the number one thing I miss: babies that aren't objects, toddlers, Real teens.
    I miss CASt and colour Wheel in building, genetics and clothes.
    I miss open world to have control of all My sims always.
    I mss many, many others things, that are minor.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    I miss body hair and functional beaches with swimming in the ocean. I also want houseboats back!