Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler Question

How do you hire a Butler? I went into hire service, and maid was the only one available.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Also, just want to make sure you bought Vintage Glamour Stuff. The butler was not patched in like the maid but instead is in the pack only.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Thank you so much, this was indeed the issue. The very first mod i removed was a home delivery mod, and that was the mod that was preventing the butler mod from showing up. all is well now and i have my butler up and running.

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Another butler question. Can you customize your butler?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member

Hello
    Yes, you can type in cas.fulleditmode then take them into CAS and edit them.
  • Options

Hello

How do you take the butler in CAS? it only allows me to edit the family.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    magooo63 wrote: »

Hello

How do you take the butler in CAS? it only allows me to edit the family.

Open the cheat window (Ctrl, Alt, Shift), type in testingcheats on on then hit the enter key. Now type in cas.fulleditmode and hit the enter key again.

Close the cheat window (Ctrl, Alt, Shift). While holding the Shift key click on your butler and you will see a option to modify in Cas (you will have full edit mode capabilities.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Adding to the above ^, I think the cheat is: Ctrl + Shift + C.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Adding to the above ^, I think the cheat is: Ctrl + Shift + C.

Oops! You are correct. blush.gif
  • Options
    Thanks Guys!!! worked perfectly!!!
  • Options
    emi285emi285 Posts: 7 New Member
    I bought Vintage Glamour when it first came out. At the time I didn't hire a butler because my Sims were poor. Now they are rich enough to afford a butler and the option is not there on my phone. I have repaired the game...nothing. I have no CC and no mods. I made a backup and started a new game to see if the new Sim had the option...nope. I moved houses on my old game...still no option. I went as far as to uninstall and reinstall all of it. Still cannot hire a butler. Help please!!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Are you looking in he Hire A Service section? You have to scroll down towards the bottom. Good luck.
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    emi285 wrote: »
    I bought Vintage Glamour when it first came out. At the time I didn't hire a butler because my Sims were poor. Now they are rich enough to afford a butler and the option is not there on my phone. I have repaired the game...nothing. I have no CC and no mods. I made a backup and started a new game to see if the new Sim had the option...nope. I moved houses on my old game...still no option. I went as far as to uninstall and reinstall all of it. Still cannot hire a butler. Help please!!

I would try creating another user name on your computer, log into that one (it will give you a completely fresh user folder for Sims 4), launch Sims 4, and see if the butler option pops up under that account. That may help narrow down the issue.
  • Options
    emi285emi285 Posts: 7 New Member
    Lol yes, I am looking in the Hire A Service section. I scrolled. Pizza, Maid, Repairman, Gardener and Nanny are the only people I can hire.

I just tried it after creating another profile on my computer. Started up the game. Used the randomly generated Sim that popped up first. Moved her into somewhere and went to her phone and Hire a Service and still no butler.
  • Options
    SumGumptionSumGumption Posts: 16 Member
    > @emi285 said:
    > Lol yes, I am looking in the Hire A Service section. I scrolled. Pizza, Maid, Repairman, Gardener and Nanny are the only people I can hire.
    >
    > I just tried it after creating another profile on my computer. Started up the game. Used the randomly generated Sim that popped up first. Moved her into somewhere and went to her phone and Hire a Service and still no butler.

I have the same problem. No mods, just bought Vintage Glamour and no where, is there a way to hire a butler.