Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You wanna see Toddlers or Pets first ?

Comments

• Options
    HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    Pets. Absolutely pets. I just loved pets! I don't care for toddlers. But the pets in sims 3... I loved those.
  • Options
    TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    Yup, I prefer animals to toddlers in the real world and in the sims. :lol:
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited December 2016
    Since pets have ALWAYS been added through an expansion pack while toddlers have always been in the base game since Sims 2, I would say toddlers should come first. They should've been included since the beginning, but were suddenly removed for no logical reason at all. Toddlers are a base game feature. Pets are an expansion pack feature. Big difference. Also, toddlers should be given to us for FREE! I refuse to pay for any kind of expansion pack, game pack, stuff pack, or DLC just to have a base game feature. Especially since they should've been included from the beginning.

Edit: Also, I never used pets in Sims 2 or Sims 3, so it would be a complete waste anyway. Pets have always been extremely annoying, so I don't think they should ever be added into the game, honestly.

(people seem to use this as a reason to exclude toddlers from the game, so I just thought I would use the same logic to make sure pets continue to be excluded as well).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
    Toddlers but I want both.
  • Options
    UltheaFuUltheaFu Posts: 64 Member
    I really hope they do pets first, I've been wanting to make a crazy cat lady and she needs her cats.
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    While I love pets, I would have to go with toddlers. I just miss family play so much. It is so weird to go from babies who have never left their house or done anything special with their parents to children who go to school and don't need their parents.

I would love pets too, but pets have always been an extra joy to me, while not having toddlers feels weird.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    I not mind which we get first. I will however mind. if we have to pay for toddlers.
    I am happy to buy a game or extension pack for pets and cant wait for them (hope you can get a horse stable).
    But I think if they are just giving us toddlers and a few items for them. then they should come as a free update (just like pools and basements)
    If they put it into a bigger pack with more children's items, activities, aspirations or interactions then I would be more likely to buy it.
  • Options
    TaranTaran Posts: 167 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Pets!!!! I need pets in my sims 4 life. I don't really care for toddlers, I didnt like playing them in sims 3. :s

Honestly, I did hate the way they acted. Instead of acting like real toddlers, they acted like 11-month-old babies. Imagine a 2-year-old stuck with the mentality of an infant.
  • Options
    rialrial Posts: 32 Member
    Pets! Dogs Cats Horses...
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Toddlers.

Pets better have horses.
  • Options
    Tibbits2uTibbits2u Posts: 90 Member
    I still don't think they will ever reintroduce toddlers. So I'm going to go with pets.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Toddlers, I haven't been interested in Pets since TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    andre1906andre1906 Posts: 89 Member
    Toddlers :)
  • Options
    Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    Toddlers - it's the only thing I've missed enough to try and play S3 again, and I'm only NOT playing S3 because it doesn't work enough to play for more than half an hour at a time before it crashes.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Toddlers.

Pets better have horses.

I don't think they will add horses into TS4, looking at their very small animation budget to begin with.. *cough*elevators*cough*.

I also don't see the point to be honest. They would need to make a whole new world with tons of space to ride your horses around, while they can totally skip a new world if they are just adding Cats/Dogs and some small animals such as birds and all that stuff.

• Options
    MarffiieMarffiie Posts: 132 Member
    I would love to see toddlers again. They would add more hype to my families. Daycares like in S3 would be a wonderful addition to a toddler pack/update.
  • Options
    aidansaysaidansays Posts: 49 Member
    Pets. Think the pets would give us more content than toddlers.
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Toddlers and then pets ! I feel like if they make one they can make the other.
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    Pets. Totally Pets.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Toddlers because if they have the time to devote to pets they can give us toddlers first. They are the same sort of "object" they have to make, but pets will require arguably more work. So if they release pets and NOT toddlers first that's where I draw the line.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    My vote would go to pets! I've never had much use for toddlers because they're too time consuming for a game. My vote would go to seasons over toddlers too.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    My vote would go to pets! I've never had much use for toddlers because they're too time consuming for a game. My vote would go to seasons over toddlers too.

@Monaveil , I am with you. Sims 4 just isn't as enjoyible with out them.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    I'm sorry....toddlers and preteens for me!
  • Options
    As an aunt of three kids and living in a household of 8-9 people, I am a family person. Yes I have a dog that I am very close too and I would like to have pets but no before toddlers. Humans are much more important pets.
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    Pets has always been my favourite EP and it feels like I'm just biding my time waiting for Pets, Seasons, University before I can have a fully fleshed out game where I don't need to force myself to put a family on hold so I can have a perfect playthrough when those packs come out.
    In saying that though, I do really want toddlers back :'(
    I have faith they'll come in their own time and all I need is patience, but having toddlers just to teach them to walk, talk and potty train them really creates realism and a sense of a family bond. That's all I need lol. A toddler lifestage (easier said than done, I know), a potty, crib, high chair, and the ability to teach them life skills.