Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Granite Falls Lot Types

I am having problems changing the Lot types in Granite Falls. Since the patch all the lots seem to be locked on rental. I tried dropping a restaurant lot down to see if it would change the type and it is still stuck on rental. The only thing I like to do in this game is build so it would be nice to be able to build stuff. I have checked two different saves.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I can confirm this behavior, but I'm not sure whether it's a bug or by design. Perhaps @SimGuruNick can shed some light?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    StarDayteStarDayte Posts: 2 New Member
    Having the same issue...glad I came and looked here it was driving me insane!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I loved adding spas and restaurants to Granite Falls. I mean there really isn't much there so it is nice to have a cafe or spa or restaurant to visit. It seems the bug came with the patch that added lot traits.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Thankyou to everyone for your feedback on the Granite Fall lots. I am not sure either if it is by design or not. Perhaps one of you could make a thread and post it on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Yes, Rentals are considered "special venues" and their lot type is not supposed to be changed. Other special venues like this include The Bluffs and The Ruins in Windenburg, and apartments in San Myshuno.

So yeah this is by design. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yes, Rentals are considered "special venues" and their lot type is not supposed to be changed. Other special venues like this include The Bluffs and The Ruins in Windenburg, and apartments in San Myshuno.

So yeah this is by design. :)

Why? We were allowed to change it before. It was nice to be able to add spas and restaurants while our Sims went camping. Can you guys reconsider your stance on this?

Edit:

I need to add this in. I know you guys have to be wondering why people are complaining about Sims 4. A lot has to do with this kind of stuff. You guys just patch in these changes without announcing them or with no regard to how people are playing their games. I feel so smothered playing this game. So now I cannot even have the freedom to build...ugh. What is there left for me to do with this game?
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Wow! I didn't even noticed they changed Granite falls lot restrictions until I read this! Thanks for the info @keekee53 I didn't know because I started a new save folder for City Living.

@SimGuruNick Why have they taken lot type options away from Granite falls? And why didn't the patch notes mention this information??? Taking away what we paid for and own already its not right without informing us. More Restrictions :disappointed: That has cheesed me off!
    What's going to happen with my very first save file with bars, restaurants and so on at Granite falls? Will they be corrupted? Will I just get thrown to the world screen when I try those saves?
    Serious :disappointed: face right now!

But please add this type of info to the patch notes. People don't like surprises like that!

Granite falls is now a useless game pack which will have no fun activities other then walk around looking stupid in a bear suit on vacation! Sigh! No Granite falls Spa, bar, or restaurant. Very very boring.

• Options
    StarDayteStarDayte Posts: 2 New Member
    No way! I've been able to change it in the past!
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    @simgurunick @simgurudrake can you please give us a clarification as to why we cannot have restaurants or spa's anymore in granite falls?? We were able before the patch, why aren't we now?
    What will happen now to our saves with these kind of lot types in granite falls?
    Can you please fix it because it was so much fun having them in granite falls!
    It would be much appreciated if you responded to our concerns.
  • Options
    Changing features of paid content that simmers bought without informing us is not on at all.
    @SimGuruNick I hope we hear more about this and why the company had to change paid content without informing the Game pack owners? I sure haven't seen anything from Gurus about ODR changes on lots. We bought Granite falls for how it was. Not for the Game pack to be restricted and a feature taken away later down the line. That's not what we paid for!
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    My apologies, I may have misspoken. One source of info told me this was by design, but that may have been inaccurate. I've filed a new report, with all of your concerns, and will let you know if I find out something more definitive.

Thank you much for the reports! :)
  • Options
    I posted about this in Feedback titled Restrictions on lots. I hope they do something about this soon. Thanks for Responding @SimGuruNick
  • Options
    Thanks @SimGuruNick I am happy to hear that you are least looking into to it.

In the meantime, a fellow simmer posted on my wall a mod to deal with this issue. I am not sure if she wants remain in the shadows so I will not name her. You can google Zerbu Venue Changes Mod. I tried it out and I was able to start building my restaurant in Granite Falls. So thank you very much friendly and helpful simmer :)
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    Thank you @SimGuruNick ! :) You are always helpful! ;)
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    My apologies, I may have misspoken. One source of info told me this was by design, but that may have been inaccurate. I've filed a new report, with all of your concerns, and will let you know if I find out something more definitive.

Thank you much for the reports! :)

Huge relief that this wasn't a design decision! I am playing a save about 18 months old, and can still edit my lots in Granite Falls, after the latest patch and City Lving is installed. This is a pic of my game just yesterday. As you can see, I only have 2 rentals, one bar, one spa, and one park - I love going to Granite Falls with these options, and commiserate with those who can no longer enjoy this. :'( I hope it won't be too long before its fixed.

5MAuXd0.jpg

I would like to add my voice to all the people who have expressed concern about locked lots on Granite Falls and even FUTURE holiday destinations : I would HATE HATE HATE if that were actually to happen by design.

Thank you @SimGuruNick for filing the report, and I hope we get to know more about this situation soon.
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Wish I had seen this thread BEFORE I spent all day building a restaurant for GF!! I can't imagine the reasoning for this!? I am so mad right now! And here it is almost 3 weeks after the OP and clearly no fix. :/
  • Options
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Wish I had seen this thread BEFORE I spent all day building a restaurant for GF!! I can't imagine the reasoning for this!? I am so mad right now! And here it is almost 3 weeks after the OP and clearly no fix. :/

Sorry @Bird166

I thought they would have fixed this in the last patch but nope.
  • Options
    Thanks @keekee53. I would have thought so too. It can be that hard to do if it was once an option and now it isn't. Can only hope they fix it in the next patch. Otherwise GF is dead to me :D
  • Options
    Does anyone know if this was fixed? It's not in the patch notes but sometimes there are fixes not listed. I haven't updated due to the broken clubs so I can't go check myself. Really hoping it was fixed! :/
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    It hasn't been fixed.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    @SimGuruNick you could find out if restrictions are by design or is a bug?
  • Options
    roroprincess1229roroprincess1229 Posts: 222 Member
    This stinks I was just gonna have my sims go on a winter getaway and I had a spa and a restaurant ready and stuff too.