The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't login to Sims 3 store, weekly specials have not updated.

Comments

• Options
    bo0tsy1bo0tsy1 Posts: 2 New Member
    I can only do anything store on safari and that is very intermittent. I've tried fox and edge. Fox was my main browser and edge was my sp farm browser, edge finally gave up the goat. Website is broken.
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    edited November 2016
    Give Chrome a shot. That's working fine for me. But I suspect it might be something at yonur end.

Edit: WAS working fine until just now... Fully down again like this morning now.
    Post edited by AuraKnight on
  • Options
    TinakinsTinakins Posts: 1 New Member
    I too am having trouble with The Sims 3 store, the rest of thesims3 website seems to work just not the store section of it.
  • Options
    cee2ceecee2cee Posts: 15 New Member
    Hi, I haven't been able to log in to the store for the past two days either. I, too, can log in to everything else Sims, including my game, just not the store. Tried a live chat with one of EA's 'support' people who didn't have a clue, so gave up in disgust. I've tried IE, Firefox and Microsoft's new Edge - all useless. Only just thought of looking on here, sorry, and seems they've known about this issue for some time. Their loss, I would have bought some more Simpoints...
  • Options
    RomanyelRomanyel Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm having this issue today, thought that something was wrong with the password but turns out it wasn't. Both on Safari and firefox (which I use more for the download aspect)
    Hope it'll get fixed at some point!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    There is a lot of randomness going on :(

I've had no problems with MMAO and have stayed logged in (on Win7 / Firefox) and other than the problem with the ads not paying out which they've now fixed I've not had any problems for ages. Until yesterday.

I would be logged out intermittently, would sometimes get the Apache tomcat error on My Page, sometimes another browser would work, sometimes not - at this precise moment everything is OK on the computer but I can't login on my phone.

So, adding in all the different problems described on this thread I suspect that they might be having some sort of server or network problem and their login/authentication systems aren't at full capacity so are getting overloaded. Of course, we might worry that they may decide it is not worthwhile (profitable) to restore full functionality. Which, to me, would be a great mistake, there are still so many people playing The Sims 3, so many new to the Store, and so many coming back after trying The Sims 4. There is still money to be made from TS3, however disinclined EA are to promote or sell it.

Hopefully our friendly gurus, like @SimGuruDrake and @SimStaffBethelle, will be able to get someone to fix these cranky old systems.
  • Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Perhaps more people should contact Origin Customer Service about it. Let them know that we are still out here and that there is still money to be made. Don't know if it would make a difference but I don't see how it could hurt.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I can't log into my Purchase History to download Store purchases. I keep getting an "invalid login" error even though I'm using the correct username and password. I tried logging in with an older Win7 laptop, but had the same problems. Oddly though, I could log in on an old iPad with whatever the default browser that uses (Safari?). MMAO page is still down though. I guess I'll try to use that (or my phone) for DD purchases for now, but not having access to my Purchase History is unacceptable.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @TreyNutz try downloading your purchases from inside the game if it will let you. I've never tried so I don't know if that works. If not I'd contact Customer Service and request they do something as you've made legitimate purchases and can't use them.

update: I contacted customer service and was assured that they are working on the problem. I was also (unintentionally) informed that the problem is low priority and while it is being worked on I doubt it the "team" has many resources to work with, if it isn't just one poor guy who drew the short straw. Ah well at least they are working on it and @Me1620 says that in the past it has taken quite some time for them to fix the site so...
    Post edited by Tamaek on
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I tried Safari (on my W10 laptop) without success this morning. Hoping it comes back up before I miss World of Wonder Carousel... ah, well. It is what it is.

Edit: Lucky! Store came back up for me partway through World of Wonder :) Should be another 90 minutes for people to grab it.

Edit: Things still okay... picked up Live, Laugh, Love which gave me CYS on March 2013 and thus Le Cinema Plumbob. I think that's my last cascade.

Very happy and relieved!

Edit: ...aaand back down again. I don't need this rollercoaster - already have Boardwalk ;)

I'm now also getting an Apache "page doesn't exist" message rather than a timeout. Hopefully that is a sign of progress.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    @Tamaek , thanks for the suggestion. I've never used that method either, and usually forget about it.

The site was working for me early this morning (4 AM). I was able to pick up something on the DD and access my purchase history. MMAO is still not working, but I've given up on that. As long as I can make purchases from the DD and the Store I'm good.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    No joy for me since yesterday afternoon. Missed Beach Bummin' but at least that comes up again at a lower discount and isn't too expensive anyway.

Edit: Managed to get on using a US VPN. Looks like my current woes must relate to the Australian server. Probably means my phone is out, though I CAN use it as a hotspot for the laptop.

Edit: Added an open VPN app (Hola) to my phone and now I have mobile store access once more! Wish I'd worked that trick out Friday night :)
  • Options
    simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    Anyone know if there has been any progress to the store? It's been over a month since it started having problems.
  • Options
    iamhectorsimsiamhectorsims Posts: 54 Member
    edited November 2016
    I tried to buy an item from the daily deal, but the site won't let me, all it says when I try to buy an item is "A system error has occurred. Please try again at a later time".

I tried it with a couple more items that aren't on the daily deal, but nope, I can't buy anything from the store as of now :/
    Ignore my lame username. Thanksss
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, @iamhectorsims

I haven't had any recent issues, aside from no MMAO and Weekly Deals not changing.

On the other hand, last thing I bought was the Bohemian Dress yesterday.

I guess just follow the usual fix methods and hope it sorts itself out...
  • Options
    iamhectorsimsiamhectorsims Posts: 54 Member
    I tried to buy an item from the daily deal, but the site won't let me, all it says when I try to buy an item is "A system error has occurred. Please try again at a later time".

I tried it with a couple more items that aren't on the daily deal, but nope, I can't buy anything from the store as of now :/

Actually I just tried to buy something again & it worked. guess it fixed itself. Unfortunately I missed out on a really good deal for Granpa's Grove but atleast its working again :)
    Ignore my lame username. Thanksss
  • Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    I saw in a google search a while back that at one point a few years back they actually closed the MMAO and it displayed that "this feature is no longer available" or something along those lines. Maybe it's a good sign that they didn't just do that?? Or, they literally have one person (or no one) working on the site and even that is more time than they're willing to spend :-/
  • Options
    Some people have reported still having access, so it's really anyone's guess as to what is going on. Pretty clear that Sims 3 store random discounts are now a very low priority, which should come as no surprise, really.
  • Options
    samccray139samccray139 Posts: 28 Member
    weekly sales are still set to end 10-12-16 and it's now November 23rd, nearly six weeks later. and the sale price of those items are still applicable when i purchase them. What's going on, EA? there are some items that were on sale then that i do want, but not when it's at a discount that's past it's expiration date.
  • Options
    simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    I just saw on the Sims 3 store page that they had a 3 day Black Friday sale. And when you click buy now, it takes you to the sale page that still has outdated sales. I know the Black Friday sale said it was done on Sunday, but I don't think I saw any new sales on Sunday. Did anyone else?
  • Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    Pretty sure the Black Friday sale is just an old banner, since the next banner is for a 'new' world that is years old. Too bad though... new sales/content would be much appreciated by many.
  • Options
    I just had it pop up but all it did was take me to the weekly specials page.
  • Options
    GMGamerGirlGMGamerGirl Posts: 8 New Member
    Regarding the Sims3.com site, I use Chrome and have dumped my cache and history, tried Crtl+F5, and yet MMAO still says they have someone working on it, and the sale page still has items from October listed. However, when I use IE, the MMAO page works fine, but the sale stuff is still dated from October.
  • Options
    MinouCheetosMinouCheetos Posts: 31 Member
    After weeks of borked MMAO and weekly sales, I now am unable to even log into the store at all.
  • Options
    @MinouCheetos I was advised to drop a line to @SimGuruDrake as she is in charge of both sites and if anyone can help us it is her. Just be polite and off as much detail about the problem as possible. I think you will need to post a couple more times to get to member status so that you can message her, though. That advice is for anyone having serious problems with the site, just to let her know what is going on. If several people are experiencing the issue and she is made aware she may be able to help us.