Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

does anyone here actually enjoy the talking toliet or use it

I am just curious if anyone wanted/enjoys the talking the toliet personally i think it feels really out place for this ep and was a waste of dev time and i do not understand who the talking toliet is for and why anyone would enjoy it in an ep like city life.

Comments

• Options
    kaputtinokaputtino Posts: 56 Member
    yeah, in the beginning I found it kinda funny but it really annoys me since sims tend to cancel all queued actions because of it, they get surprised by it all the time. I hardly ever choose the other options aside from "Use" and it doesn't do anything for me tbh.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    kaputtino wrote: »
    yeah, in the beginning I found it kinda funny but it really annoys me since sims tend to cancel all queued actions because of it, they get surprised by it all the time. I hardly ever choose the other options aside from "Use" and it doesn't do anything for me tbh.

Same, I stopped using it since it just makes my sims cancel their showers and baths all the time to look at it (even though they live there and have seen it seventy times before), with the result that they're still dirty when going to the next action I cued up for them, and I have to cancel everything and ask them to take a shower again.... Repeat four times. Bye, talking toilet!
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    yeah i have not used it at all i decided i was never going to use it at all period.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I love it. I've never noticed any actions being canceled. What I like most are the animations and the upgrades.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I love it. I've never noticed any actions being canceled. What I like most are the animations and the upgrades.

good for you i guess lol. and what upgrades are that.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There are quite a few upgrades that can be done by handy sims. Like a monitor/screen to watch the news, a bidet that increases hygiene, changing the voice to male or female, that weird squirting animation that I love to stare at but have no idea what it does. Lol.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't put it everywhere, but my sims love it.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Uh oh. If we don't use it, they are going to force it on us in the next expansion. They seem to love reusing things we don't play with.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    No I have specifically taking it out in builds that I have downloaded. I don't like the look, it doesn't fit with my play style, and I feel like its a useless object. I want them to be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sure they know by making sure none of my lots have it.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I don't really get it. I mean I have heard of talking toilets in real life and I guess it kinda ties into the future feel of Uptown. My hope is not too much time was wasted on it. I mean, there was no time for elevator animations or to expand their usage- right- but there was for this. I did use it recently just because it came in blue but I never do the talking thing or dancing toilet fountains or whatever. My sims have other stuff to do.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited November 2016
    IceyJ wrote: »
    There are quite a few upgrades that can be done by handy sims. Like a monitor/screen to watch the news, a bidet that increases hygiene, changing the voice to male or female, that weird squirting animation that I love to stare at but have no idea what it does. Lol.

That's the Bidet Water Show, if I'm not mistaken.
    Toilet.jpg

I like it, even though I don't use it that much. One of the things I love about Sims is the unexpected silliness. When I first saw the light show, I almost fell of my chair laughing.
    I'm definitely going to put one in every bathroom in the Science Labs.
    Most of my Sims build their Handiness skill up so they all have nice, handmade wooden toilets.
    I do have one Sim couple that has it, and they seem to like it. I haven't had any problems with them ignoring their Hygiene to use it, but I'll keep an eye on them.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I think the best thing about it is the "use and sanitize" option, so the sims hygiene goes up at the same time. I moved my sim into fountanville penthouse and it came with a talking toilet, I kept it and used it for that reason, but I thought it was strange my guests would always go and talk to it...
    Now that she has a family, she moved into the warehouse in the spice district, so no more talking toilet.
    (Also she's broke. So no talking toilet even if I wanted it)
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    The talking toilet doesn't "talk" to my taste. I avoid it. Another thing I have noticed is that sims - no matter their wishes and traits - are drawn towards the workbench and the painting staffeli so much, that I need to delete the items, if they are in houses where I don't want sims to use them.
  • Options
    VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    I never use it. It's just useless,just like those growfruit trees that are everywhere in my game. I wish the devs would just take the growfruit trees and that silly, out-of-place talking toilet out of the game.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Quite a few of my sims have them. They've fully upgraded them. All but one never talks to them. They champion pee and go. They don't have time. :|
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that the talking toilet was thrown in as a bit of fun.

I know a lot of players are a bit miffed that so much time was spent on it when that time could be used for other things but you cannot deny that the talking toilet has actually got players talking... :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    For me it is the total over-the-roofness that makes me like the toilet. Refriderators might talk, car doors might talk, computers already do talk and as a backwared person I need none of that stuff in my life. The thought of a toilet talking, too, is so unexpected that it becomes funny.
    I've used my share of public high-tech self-cleaning toilets and still roll my eyes about them from time to time. They cater to our need to be 110% bacteria free and lifeless in modern homes, which I find overrated, even dangerous. So I guess it's a "I should have known someone would do that some day" kind of fun.

As to who might enjoy this, I'd say people who seperate themselves from their sims a lot. If you'd offer me such a toilet in real life I'd probably offer you a straightjacket in return. But I have a few characters that swoon over that thing, others that will want to sabotage it and yet others that don't care. I admit the toilet doesn't see much use, but I still find myself chuckling when I see it in the catalogue.
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    The talking toilet is okay. I think it was way too over hyped, I mean it's not that serious. I don't pay too much attention to my sims using the bathroom to acknowledge it much in all honesty.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Idk I like it! I always go for the talking toilet when I'm decorating a bathroom :D plus my sims are friends with it and talk to it when theyre lonely.
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    edited December 2016
    I like it, especially the fact that it can evaporate nearby puddles. But I get annoyed at the queue-stompage. For those who have bathing, etc., interrupted, too, would you please comment in my thread? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906309/gurus-please-tone-down-some-of-the-cl-objects
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    I've never even tried it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Haven't used it yet because I have not rotated to my alien households. That is when I'll place them and on Sixam.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    I never use it and consider it a complete waste of dev time and production. City Living would have been a perfect EP to add a Pool Table so our sims could hang out at the pool hall. Or some other past sims object that was high in the popularity ratings from social forums. This game series needs a lot MORE entertainment objects that are not bathroom related. *Major Eyeroll*
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    There's probably a bit of English appreciative humour in the addition of an object like that, that I've apparently missed out on because I think it's a waste of resources. I will never use it and people that will use it completely befuddle me.
  • Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    It's only been in one of the apartments I'm played so far but I liked it because when your sims are stressed there is a massage option that mellows them with a quickness. Now that I've been reminded of that function I think I'm going them to add to more of my houses because stressed is my least favorite emotion.