Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL really makes the game better, but still...

meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
So thanks to Target I got the CL expansion for less that $20..great deal. I booted up the game earlier this afternoon and I'm still messing around on it. I'm actually impressed. The map is pretty neat. I like that they actually put effort in the premades and gave them a story. Overall the expansion really does make the game better.. along with the patches. Idk maybe I'm just desperate or something but it really does.

But still, I'd really like transportation. No idea how they'll add that feature here. And toddlers. I'm pretty bummed I couldn't make the Cho chick and her kid from TS2 apartment life. Oh and a memory system would be nice too. WTH happened to the memory system we had here before?

But yeah. Gurus, Good job with this EP. This is hella better than that that boring GTW EP you guys swindled me last year.

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,649 Member
    Glad you're liking this EP. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It's got some good points eh. :) Gotta help that it is so cheap too.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    nyny29nyny29 Posts: 124 Member
    I love it! Still not bored, so much new features!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I absolutely love CL. No boredom for me, I actually play it every chance I get now!
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2016
    You're so lucky! I'm still currently waiting for my CL EP to arrive :neutral: I'm supposed to receive the pack tomorrow, but I'm so impatient, I can't wait any longer! :tired_face:
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I really like how I can purchase produce from street vendors, for the life of me before I had this expansion I couldn't find a single potato plant anywhere, but now I can just buy a potato to garden. I also like how you can busk for tips on the streets or set up a small shop on the streets to sell your own creations. I'm really liking this expansion so far.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    CL really looks like a must have EP. I just recently got GTW (ha!), so I'll enjoy that one for a bit longer. OP, I like GTW a lot, so we obviously play different games, which is just cool :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    jennihope wrote: »
    You're so lucky! I'm still currently waiting for my CL EP to arrive :neutral: I'm supposed to receive the pack tomorrow, but I'm so impatient, I can't wait any longer! :tired_face:

Hello :) I hope that your CL EP arrives tomorrow. You will enjoy playing it and having your sims live in apartments or penthouses in San Myshuno. Happy City Living Simming! :)
  • Options
    bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member
    Hello. I'm really sorry to be posting this here but I have been looking all over for the start new discussion or post new thread button but I cannot seem to find it. I really need help. I just got my game--cleared the CC's and mods and created a sim. The problem is, it would just keep on loading without any preview of the sim :( The same goes for when I play households--nothing goes through :( Any idea how I can resolve this? Any help is much appreciated :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hello. I'm really sorry to be posting this here but I have been looking all over for the start new discussion or post new thread button but I cannot seem to find it. I really need help. I just got my game--cleared the CC's and mods and created a sim. The problem is, it would just keep on loading without any preview of the sim :( The same goes for when I play households--nothing goes through :( Any idea how I can resolve this? Any help is much appreciated :)

Hello @bratt_sniper
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, launch the game and see if that helps.

If you haven't done this already, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If you still have issues, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am glad that the EP helps makes the game more enjoyable for you but I do agree that more transportation in the game would make for some more interesting game play.

I was actually on a train earlier and was thinking that it is about time that we had actual trains in The Sims. Not just the 'animation' types of trains that I think you see in CL and not even the rabbit hole 'Subways' from TS3 but an actual train where your Sims could sit down or as I was thinking, your Sims could fight for a seat ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    When I'm in a train, I'm thinking how Sims are lucky to teleport everywhere :D
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    Neia wrote: »

This was me today having to walk a long way home because I missed the last bus :D
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options

This was me today having to walk a long way home because I missed the last bus :D

Hello @Teslachick2 .
    I am sorry that you missed the last bus and needed to walk home :( You would be feeling tired. I hope that doing some simming may help you not feel as tired.
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Sorry to spoil it, but Sims 4 Map is not one world but divided into instances. Any useable transportation except teleporting would result in a loading screen every few seconds. It will not happen.
    Thou it is possible to let sims enter vehicles, drive offscreen and than teleport away with that vehicle. But the question is if that amount of work for just a fancier visual for the teleport is feasible.

i also do hope they will open up street markets for editing someday. they look very basic it would be cool if we could fancy those up abit on our own.
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Teslachick2 .
    I am sorry that you missed the last bus and needed to walk home :( You would be feeling tired. I hope that doing some simming may help you not feel as tired.

Thanks Rosemow, I crashed for 5hrs straight after that lol
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Nelus wrote: »
    Sorry to spoil it, but Sims 4 Map is not one world but divided into instances. Any useable transportation except teleporting would result in a loading screen every few seconds. It will not happen.
    Thou it is possible to let sims enter vehicles, drive offscreen and than teleport away with that vehicle. But the question is if that amount of work for just a fancier visual for the teleport is feasible.

i also do hope they will open up street markets for editing someday. they look very basic it would be cool if we could fancy those up abit on our own.
    I tend to agree and it would be like cars was with Sims 2.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member

Hello @bratt_sniper
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, launch the game and see if that helps.

If you haven't done this already, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If you still have issues, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Thank you very much :) I have been able to play now :) I didn't know there was an option to repair it, and I did just that :) Thank you :)
  • Options

Hello @bratt_sniper

Thank you very much :) I have been able to play now :) I didn't know there was an option to repair it, and I did just that :) Thank you :)

Hello :) I am glad that the issue has been fixed.