Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about working at home..

This may be a silly question...but...how come if I work at home...it only pays me for the tasks I do not by the hr (which sucks in my opinion)...I'd like have at least one sim to be able to stay at home if I plan on giving them a child....the female sim is currently in the social media career and has yt to be payed by the hour.....and I want the male sim to be a politician...so what gives?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think stay at homes make about half of those that go in to work, but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yeah.....I hate that can anyone clarify?
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I would really like to know this too, because I feel like my sim makes no money staying at home.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    simloversimlover Posts: 106 Member
    I have found that you make the same amount if you do the tasks from home. Let's say your hourly wage it $21/hr and your work shift is 7 hours (I can't remember how much for the social media career), your total would come out to be $147. When you finish one task, you would notice you get about half of that about $70-75. When you complete the other task you get the remaining amount. You'll find that has you get promoted, the amount you get per task goes up because your hourly wage goes up. You just have to make sure you do both tasks if you want to make as much as you would going in.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    simlover wrote: »
    I have found that you make the same amount if you do the tasks from home. Let's say your hourly wage it $21/hr and your work shift is 7 hours (I can't remember how much for the social media career), your total would come out to be $147. When you finish one task, you would notice you get about half of that about $70-75. When you complete the other task you get the remaining amount. You'll find that has you get promoted, the amount you get per task goes up because your hourly wage goes up. You just have to make sure you do both tasks if you want to make as much as you would going in.

This. :+1:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Hello
    Thankyou for your thoughtful explanation of what occurs with the careers :) It is very helpful for fellow simmers.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

I feel like my sim is being paid by the hour of the task tho. But maybe I didn't really calculate it right. I might have to look again or maybe it also depends on the task. Like for example, one time my sim had to live stream for 4 hours and only when he completed all 4 hours, he will get the hourly amount times 4.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Sims get paid the same amount when working from home, they get paid after the completion of each task.

It's not like they work the full 7 or whatever hours, I have my sim do fun stuff, explore the city etc, during work hours, they shouldn't get paid hourly for that, lol.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited November 2016
    Supplement your income with Dragonfruit. (They are the Sims 4 equivalent of money trees)
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member

This is correct. In addition, if you complete all the tasks, at the beginning of your next work shift you get a popup saying your boss was happy with your work and you get more money. It all totals the same as it would be if you went to work.

I don't know what happens if you don't complete all the tasks for a work at home day - haven't failed to have anybody complete them all yet.

Another thing about working from home: You have the entire time until your next work day starts to complete the tasks, not just the number of hours you would be working if you went in to work. So if you choose work from home on a Friday and you don't have work again until Monday, you really have all weekend to complete Friday's tasks. If you're working at home on Monday and your next work day is Tuesday, you have the 24 hours.
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited November 2016
    pearlbh wrote: »

This is correct. In addition, if you complete all the tasks, at the beginning of your next work shift you get a popup saying your boss was happy with your work and you get more money. It all totals the same as it would be if you went to work.

I don't know what happens if you don't complete all the tasks for a work at home day - haven't failed to have anybody complete them all yet.

Another thing about working from home: You have the entire time until your next work day starts to complete the tasks, not just the number of hours you would be working if you went in to work. So if you choose work from home on a Friday and you don't have work again until Monday, you really have all weekend to complete Friday's tasks. If you're working at home on Monday and your next work day is Tuesday, you have the 24 hours.

So far as I've noticed, nothing really happens. Obviously you don't get all the money you would've earned otherwise, but it doesn't seem to negatively impact your career performance. I don't know what happens if you work from home but do absolutely nothing, that may impact your performance, but I've had my social media sim not complete both tasks and the only "negative" I could discern was not getting all the money she would have earned if she had just gone into work.
  • Options
    My sim worked from home a lot. A couple of times I've had trouble completing one task. I thought it would roll over to the next day, but it just disappeared and was replaced with a new task. I didn't get paid for the task he did not complete but it didn't seem to affect his job.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I didn't do any of the tasks before and it gave a pop up that the boss was upset and my sim got $0. XD No joke.

Proof:
    9YXpiqu.png
    Post edited by DeKay on
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    WishKnoxWishKnox Posts: 10 New Member
    DeKay wrote: »

could you help me? it says my sim needs to create a social media profile on the pc but my sim's pc does not have the option. do i need to do anything for it to pop up? :( i cant work at all
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    WishKnox wrote: »

could you help me? it says my sim needs to create a social media profile on the pc but my sim's pc does not have the option. do i need to do anything for it to pop up? :( i cant work at all
    I think it was under something like careers or web. Check through the various submenus on the computer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It should have it's own category at or after the first circle of tabs (for me, it's usually in the lower, right part of the circle menu). "Social Media" The first thing to do is start a profile.
  • Options

^ Yeah like that the others said. I can't remember how I did it cuz my sim already had a social media page waaaay before this pack was released and so he didn't have to make a new one for this job. But I think it should be under 'social networking/media'. If you don't see that option, try getting a new computer for your sim or remove any mods, if you are using mods.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I didn't do any of the tasks before and it gave a pop up that the boss was upset and my sim got $0. XD No joke.

Proof:
    9YXpiqu.png
    Wait no way how did your sim make no money?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Proof:
    9YXpiqu.png

He didn't do any of the two tasks. Well, one of them was to be mischievous to 5 sims but he only was mischievous to 1 sim and that doesn't count as being completed.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Proof:
    9YXpiqu.png

He didn't do any of the two tasks. Well, one of them was to be mischievous to 5 sims but he only was mischievous to 1 sim and that doesn't count as being completed.
    That sucks I like the work from home jobs because my sims are sometimes to exhausted to actually go to work. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Proof:
    9YXpiqu.png

That plum I like the work from home jobs because my sims are sometimes to exhausted to actually go to work. :joy:

Well then, make your sim actually do the tasks. :D I didn't for mine. So if your sim is too exhausted to go to work, I suggest you make them take a vacation. At least they'll get paid for doing nothing that way.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NikkijjNikkijj Posts: 2 New Member
    I found that even though my sim completed all tasks in the given time (Just), he didn't get paid a thing!!! I would love to work from home every day but clearly I can't if they don't pay him 😡
  • Options
    NikkijjNikkijj Posts: 2 New Member
    Update, they paid him when his alarm went off asking if he wanted to go in or work from home, I suppose I can do it more often now, plus he got a promotion 😊
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This may be a silly question...but...how come if I work at home...it only pays me for the tasks I do not by the hr (which plum in my opinion)...I'd like have at least one sim to be able to stay at home if I plan on giving them a child....the female sim is currently in the social media career and has yt to be payed by the hour.....and I want the male sim to be a politician...so what gives?

You actually get your hourly pay the next day -- you'll get paid for your tasks done, then the next day when you get the call to either go into work or stay home again, you'll get the money and the "your boss was pleased with your work" notification. For me, the work from home jobs are the most fun; I actually use a suite of mods that adds WFH options to many of the base game careers, and also the new gardening career in Seasons is also WFH. They work great for taking care of toddlers especially if you're a single mom.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Go on the computer and look for Social Networking (it's usually in the first pie menu). You can create your profile, then later as you move up the career there'll be more options to help you get followers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)