Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 on sale @Target ~ huge savings! 50% off! CL for $17.99 pre-tax!

All Sims 4 PC titles 50%off (Reg. 39.99, sale 19.99)

I already own CL, but look at the great price!

15R3MVP.png

FF9p1dG.png

Comments

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Just shy of three weeks on the market before they cut the price in half.

Boy, they've really outdone themselves this time.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    That's an awesome sale, Jonalin. Thanks for sharing! It'll really help out a few simmers I know.

@DeservedCriticism Target doesn't have to ask EA if they can put their game on sale. They do what they want, provided they're willing to eat the difference, and in this case, it's a smart move because the closer to Christmas it gets, the more game sales will be available from various game clients. I'm sure Origin will run another 50% off (or greater) sale on all sim titles, too. Whoever puts out the first decent holiday sale on games usually gets the buyer and their money. It's holiday marketing season, that's literal war in the retail department. rofl
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    Wow! Kind of makes me regret running out and buying it right away. I preordered it from Amazon so I did get a little off, but not 50%. I'm usually too impatient to wait for the really good sales.
  • Options
    itsEliseyitsElisey Posts: 396 Member
    That's an awesome sale, Jonalin. Thanks for sharing! It'll really help out a few simmers I know.

@DeservedCriticism Target doesn't have to ask EA if they can put their game on sale. They do what they want, provided they're willing to eat the difference, and in this case, it's a smart move because the closer to Christmas it gets, the more game sales will be available from various game clients. I'm sure Origin will run another 50% off (or greater) sale on all sim titles, too. Whoever puts out the first decent holiday sale on games usually gets the buyer and their money. It's holiday marketing season, that's literal war in the retail department. rofl

Do you think that they will put ALL EA titles on sale again this year? Because last year was the first year that I noticed that Sims 3 was abandoned by the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale... in years past, I've taken advantage of it and bought one or two new EPs. I only have two Sims 3 EPs to go and haven't been willing to pay full price for them... last year was the year that my collection should have been complete, and, alas, they did not cut the price.

I think they'll likely do the same this year.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I just took a look at the sale online, and the sale price is only on their DVD ROM versions of the games they have in stock. The Digital downloads are all still full price. Still, for those simmers who prefer that format (just means you have to wait for shipping, not a big deal in my eyes) it's a great deal. Also means it's a limited supply, though.

@itsElisey I think they'll run it on sale again, but I don't know that they'll do the ALL titles again. Only EA knows that.
    Also, that Target sale the OP mentioned on TS4 games, I just checked and it applies to Target's stock of TS3 games as well. You should check it out and see if the EP you need is available because the physical AND digital downloads are both on sale for select TS3 items, so you have a pretty good chance at getting what you need. (You can get Pets and World Adventures for just $20. $10 a piece for those EPs is a nice save.) It's worth looking!
    http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=sims%203
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Ceres! :) I hope some gamers will be able to take advantage of the sale :)

Sasquatch7 wrote: »
    Wow! Kind of makes me regret running out and buying it right away. I preordered it from Amazon so I did get a little off, but not 50%. I'm usually too impatient to wait for the really good sales.

Yeah, me too. I've only owned the game 2 weeks and it's already half price :-/
  • Options
    I just took a look at the sale online, and the sale price is only on their DVD ROM versions of the games they have in stock. The Digital downloads are all still full price. Still, for those simmers who prefer that format (just means you have to wait for shipping, not a big deal in my eyes) it's a great deal. Also means it's a limited supply, though.

You don't have to wait for shipping Ceres if you go into the store and purchase it. At my local Target, they have plenty of them on the shelves ready to buy :)
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Darn. I just bought City Living, Dine Out, Kids Stuff and Backyard Stuff yesterday, all for full price. Oh well!
  • Options
    slynnski wrote: »
    Darn. I just bought City Living, Dine Out, Kids Stuff and Backyard Stuff yesterday, all for full price. Oh well!

Oh wow.. can you return one or more of them? Did you buy them at Target? If so, they'll issue you money back (if purchased yesterday).
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »

Oh wow.. can you return one or more of them? Did you buy them at Target? If so, they'll issue you money back (if purchased yesterday).

Nah, all from Origin.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member

You're a ray of sunshine, aren't you?
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    Jonalin wrote: »

Nah, all from Origin.

Sorry :(
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Of course... Oh well, I did get three extra weeks :/ .
  • Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you so much for telling us about this! I've been waiting for some type of sale for weeks! I've just placed my order and I can't wait to play when it finally arrives :smiley: !! $40 is just a bit much ,so I always wait for the sales on EP's. I'm so excited! I also noticed that GT is$13.24?! The savings are looking so beautiful this time of year <3
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    The base game is cheaper than City Living, and together it's cheaper than the price of the Sims 4 when it came out!!!
  • Options
    I picked a few up for Christmas presents. Even if Origin runs a better sale, I can't gift the games through Origin, so this is probably the best route for me to take. Since they're DVD ROMS I'll actually have something to wrap, too. LOL
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Now that's a price I may actually want to pay for it... Too bad I get 'Access Denied' when trying to get to Target... :no_mouth:
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @MrMonty96
    Hahahahaha! That bug is hilarious!
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Just bought the CL game for $16.99. I figured it's worth that to try it out. Get Together is $13.99 at Target too.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2016

I may not be a fan, but I can see that it is close to Black Friday and close enough to Christmas to warrant a sale at Target.

I don't need a sale to verify anything positive or negative. In fact, I don't need anything at all to to verify my own disatisfaction. I know I'm not happy. That doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Department Stores do whatever they can to increase sales. It's business. Crazy sales are everywhere right now.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I may not be a fan, but I can see that it is close to Black Friday and close enough to Christmas to warrant a sale at Target.

I don't need a sale to verify anything positive or negative. In fact, I don't need anything at all to to verify my own disatisfaction. I know I'm not happy. That doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Department Stores do whatever they can to increase sales. It's business. Crazy sales are everywhere right now.

I'm not following what you're trying to say.

In terms sales, for the game to be that new and cheap with it not even being Black Friday weekend is questionable. I noticed that Pokémon Sun/Moon and Call of Duty:IW (which came out around the same time as CL this year) though a bit cheaper but yet, are not 50% off. That must say something about the popular demand for the games.

I'm happy though. I bought CL for less than $20. Though I'm not happy with this iteration, I find that $17 is worth it. Also, GT is less than $15 right now. O_o.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    :(

Thats a way bigger sale than Target Au has.
    CL is $39 rather than $49.99, and CL is the only one on sale here
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2016
    Not a bad price. I mean if someone is going to get the pack, that seems like a better value for it. When it comes to EPs 50% off is probably a wise choice. Personally I don't think EPs for the Sims 4 are worth more than $20 anyways. So sales be frequent for them I view as a good thing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jennihope wrote: »
    Thank you so much for telling us about this! I've been waiting for some type of sale for weeks! I've just placed my order and I can't wait to play when it finally arrives :smiley: !! $40 is just a bit much ,so I always wait for the sales on EP's. I'm so excited! I also noticed that GT is$13.24?! The savings are looking so beautiful this time of year <3

You're very welcome! Glad I could be of some help :)
    I picked a few up for Christmas presents. Even if Origin runs a better sale, I can't gift the games through Origin, so this is probably the best route for me to take. Since they're DVD ROMS I'll actually have something to wrap, too. LOL

Speaking for myself, I prefer the DVD roms but my last few purchases have been d/l's. I got heavily screwed with a d/l game through Amazon and I've been hesitant ever since. Fortunately, CL has worked well (it was a d/l).
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Now that's a price I may actually want to pay for it... Too bad I get 'Access Denied' when trying to get to Target... :no_mouth:

Do you know why?
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited November 2016
    This is so cool! Thank you so much for the information!

Just bought it!