The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patched again today?

Comments

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    It baffles me why we have 'excited gifs' for bug fixes now. Are we really conditioned to be that underprivileged....
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    What about the simulation lag and popping into a T pose... has that been fixed?

The simulation lag was what the Tray files were causing, no?

Sim T-poses can have a lot of causes - they're another symptom rather than themselves a bug. Some causes are outdated mods/CC, so if you haven't checked for that, you might want to.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    The issue with sims coming home early from work if you enter build/buy mode whilst they are at work, has also been fixed.

Awesome :)
    Grrrrr... The super speed time lag is still there...
    The lag is still quite bad.. before these two patches I could play on ultra and now it's all on medium and there's still lag.. going back to Sims 2 I guess! (:

What CPUs are the two of you playing on?

I couldn't tell you what CPU stands for, let alone tell you "what one I'm playing on".....

I'm not plum, promise...

I have a gaming PC.. that's as far as my knowledge goes!

All I know is, before the muck up patch, my speed 3 was working fine and now it doesn't... so surely it's not my PC? Also, my game still freezes for maybe 3-5 seconds when it didn't before said patch.

Any advice appreciated!

How about a picture? This is part of the answer @luthienrising is after...

6zac9i.jpg

If it takes more than this to figure out what's going on, you might want to do as she suggested, and post your dxdiag (do you know how to generate that?) to the Tech forum.

What the heck, here's how... hit windows+r and type dxdiag in the run box that pops up, then hit enter or ok or whatever (I'm not looking at it, but I know how to do it). Give it a couple of minutes.

When the report is ready, there's a button at the bottom to save all the info into a text file. That's what you need. To put it all up here will NOT fit in one post, you'll have to split it into sections... plan for at least 4, maybe up to 6. It isn't a big deal, people post them all the time. Stuff happens, we need help. It's here, but the helpers need details.

Details nerd, at your service. ;)

• Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    Hello
    The issue with sims coming home early from work if you enter build/buy mode whilst they are at work, has also been fixed.

not for me :/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,681 Member
    edited November 2016
    lejoninna wrote: »
    Hello

I am sorry that the issue hasn't been fixed in your game :( It has been fixed in the games of some simmers and not in others.
    It would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-CL-Sims-return-early-from-school-work-while-in-Buy-Mode/td-p/5668697

Edit : I just checked in my game and the issue remains :(
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Hopefully the water issue has been fixed also! I'll have to stop giving my sim's friends apartment keys :D
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,695 Member
    My game has stopped the mini freezes that were happening after the last patch. The one thing that still really annoys me is they cannot sit at a table together and eat. They get up sit down, move around, talk over their shoulders at each other, it's so frustrating, especially when on a date.
    Today I had a club meet at a venue and as soon as they grabbed a plate of food together, half of them just threw their plates on the ground.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Sims4LuLSims4LuL Posts: 1 New Member
    moooo
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    My game has stopped the mini freezes that were happening after the last patch. The one thing that still really annoys me is they cannot sit at a table together and eat. They get up sit down, move around, talk over their shoulders at each other, it's so frustrating, especially when on a date.
    Today I had a club meet at a venue and as soon as they grabbed a plate of food together, half of them just threw their plates on the ground.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback about the resetting issue that occurred when they grabbed their food together , on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Sims-Resetting/td-p/5029270
  • Options

Hello
    You may like to post feedback about the resetting issue that occurred when they grabbed their food together , on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Sims-Resetting/td-p/5029270

Ahh, so it's a new bug is it? Thanks and will do.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

Hello

Hello
    Simmers have been posting about the issue since the release of the previous patch and City Living.
  • Options

Hello

Hello
    Simmers have been posting about the issue since the release of the previous patch and City Living.

Oh, I've not had it happen before today. Odd. But then nothing is odd about these bugs hitting.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    FiestyKatnissFiestyKatniss Posts: 84 Member
    i hope that friends will now stop calling my sims to hang out at weird hours. this was not in the patch notes but fingers crossed...?

And or text messages while my sim is at the hospital trying to work as a doctor. I think it adds a little realism, because my phone goes off often with garbage calls and texts. It's funny that way probably there is a mod to stop that for those that get annoyed with the calls the sims are getting.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member

Sim T-poses can have a lot of causes - they're another symptom rather than themselves a bug. Some causes are outdated mods/CC, so if you haven't checked for that, you might want to.
    Hello

The lag is still quite bad.. before these two patches I could play on ultra and now it's all on medium and there's still lag.. going back to Sims 2 I guess! (:

I couldn't tell you what CPU stands for, let alone tell you "what one I'm playing on".....

I'm not plum, promise...

All I know is, before the muck up patch, my speed 3 was working fine and now it doesn't... so surely it's not my PC? Also, my game still freezes for maybe 3-5 seconds when it didn't before said patch.

Any advice appreciated!

First, do update your graphics drivers. And also make sure that Origin has you on the 64-bit not the 32-bit version of the game - some people got reset by that patch. If neither of those fixes it, post in Technical and we'll have a look at what else might be an issue.

I checked and changed the 32-bit to 64 just after the patch. What do you mean when you say update my graphics drivers??

@TheBristolSimmer to go the easy way, if you have win 10 click on Cortana and type drivers, the first thing if will show you is a little app called "update device drivers"- click on it. In the list of drivers find your video card drivers (they will be under display adapters), choose Nvidia (or whatever you have) and in the tool bar on top click a little green arrow and follow the prompt.

Ok I'll try and update the graphics device.. Thought I had to change it or upgrade! Hahaha. Thanks for your help!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options

Hello

I'm not plum, promise...

Any advice appreciated!

6zac9i.jpg

If it takes more than this to figure out what's going on, you might want to do as she suggested, and post your dxdiag (do you know how to generate that?) to the Tech forum.

What the heck, here's how... hit windows+r and type dxdiag in the run box that pops up, then hit enter or ok or whatever (I'm not looking at it, but I know how to do it). Give it a couple of minutes.

When the report is ready, there's a button at the bottom to save all the info into a text file. That's what you need. To put it all up here will NOT fit in one post, you'll have to split it into sections... plan for at least 4, maybe up to 6. It isn't a big deal, people post them all the time. Stuff happens, we need help. It's here, but the helpers need details.

I'll have a look a little later and see if I can figure this all out :) Someone else commented on how to update graphics device so will try that to. Thanks for your help... And thanks for the pictures... I understand better with visuals!!! Have a happy day!! :) xoxo
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Hello

I'm not plum, promise...

Any advice appreciated!

6zac9i.jpg

I'll have a look a little later and see if I can figure this all out :) Someone else commented on how to update graphics device so will try that to. Thanks for your help... And thanks for the pictures... I understand better with visuals!!! Have a happy day!! :) xoxo

Ok so my driver software for my device is already up-to-date . It's called AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics ... if that means anything?

EDIT:

Processor: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 3.10GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB (6.94GB usable)

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options

Hello

I'm not plum, promise...

Any advice appreciated!

6zac9i.jpg

Ok so my driver software for my device is already up-to-date . It's called AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics ... if that means anything?

EDIT:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition/p1

If there's a better place to look, I don't know of any besides the above thread. I don't see much besides a general R7 entry, which is orange... Cards that will play The Sims 4, but not at higher graphical settings. (same color as my card here, my game runs well enough on mostly-medium settings, and in 32 bit).

This is one of MY blind spots about computers... I can't figure out for the life of me how to set my (AMD, also) drivers for 64 bit instead of 32. Computer SAYS it'll do it, I just can't find the way to how.

Just tossing it out there, being on a laptop, I'd prefer to stick with 32 bit anyway. Less melting potential.

Whoops, school run time. :smiley: Leftover Full Moon mojo from last night, I think... weird morning I'm having (whole family, really).

I'll be back!
  • Options

Hello

I'm not plum, promise...

Any advice appreciated!

6zac9i.jpg

EDIT:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition/p1

If there's a better place to look, I don't know of any besides the above thread. I don't see much besides a general R7 entry, which is orange... Cards that will play The Sims 4, but not at higher graphical settings. (same color as my card here, my game runs well enough on mostly-medium settings, and in 32 bit).

This is one of MY blind spots about computers... I can't figure out for the life of me how to set my (AMD, also) drivers for 64 bit instead of 32. Computer SAYS it'll do it, I just can't find the way to how.

Just tossing it out there, being on a laptop, I'd prefer to stick with 32 bit anyway. Less melting potential.

Whoops, school run time. :smiley: Leftover Full Moon mojo from last night, I think... weird morning I'm having (whole family, really).

I'll be back!

Orange? What? AMD? You're speaking another language! .. :)

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    It's not much of a gaming computer but it should run Sims 4 just fine. The AMD APU's (GPU + CPU combo) were meant to be used for low-intensity gaming such as the Sims 4.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    Hello

:( Yesterday I made a quick test and it seemed to work. Two different households- adults went to work, a child went to school without a problem. I haven't had the chance to play ever since. Seems like we have to keep waiting. :(
  • Options

Hello

I'm not plum, promise...

Any advice appreciated!

6zac9i.jpg

EDIT:

I'll be back!

Orange? What? AMD? You're speaking another language! .. :)

I ran out of time. When I said "school run" it was time to go THEN. Had to bail on the post, but, I wasn't finished.

Morning jumped off into weird when I got home. Hubby overslept, I knew, when I had to unlock the door. So between him getting ready for work, and also-late kid not super-enthused about getting ready for school... I had a fair bit of chaos happening behind me, then suddenly it's 8:15 and I'm still typing. Oops! :smiley: We made it, but it's the latest we've ever been "early." Mom has a lead foot sometimes, when necessary, here. I detest being late. Ever.

That link I pasted goes to the list of game-supported video cards. Mine is orange, and the R7 entries I saw are orange, too.

Key:
    BLACK = Cards that meet the recommended requirements
    ORANGE = Cards that will play The Sims 4, but not at higher graphical settings.
    RED = Cards that will only play at lower graphical settings, but may not be supported.

That handy chart is actually in the SECOND post in that thread.

I'm by no means a video or hardware whiz, but it seems like people have either AMD processors or Intel processors. If there are other options, I have no idea.

Yours is AMD, you said so yourself, even if you didn't know that's what you were telling us. ;)

If you pull up that dxdiag window again, and click on the Display tab (across the top of the window), the Name line will tell you exactly what video card you have.

Looks like this in the dxdiag text file:

Display Devices
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 8650G

Which would be easier to copy and paste from, than using the window to look and having to type it in.

How am I doing, so far? ;)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,631 Member
    @TheBristolSimmer Just popping in to say that some of the people who can help with the tech stuff won't see this here. I recommend posting in the Technical forum.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @TheBristolSimmer Just popping in to say that some of the people who can help with the tech stuff won't see this here. I recommend posting in the Technical forum.

I like it. ;)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions

:)
  • Options

I like it. ;)

Thanks for all your help. So I seem to be on Orange.. which means I shouldn't have my graphics settings on high in game? .. I'll check out the technical area on the forum.. but I just don't understand how it can be my PC that's the problem when it worked fine before patch. Anyway, thanks again!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options

I like it. ;)

Thanks for all your help. So I seem to be on Orange.. which means I shouldn't have my graphics settings on high in game? .. I'll check out the technical area on the forum.. but I just don't understand how it can be my PC that's the problem when it worked fine before patch. Anyway, thanks again!

It's as much about narrowing down and ruling out issues as it is about identifying actual problems. If THEY did something new that's affecting YOU, you're probably not the only player on that type of system having those issues.

Not everybody comes here to post. Some players probably never come here at all.

You're having problems you weren't. I agree that if you didn't change anything, they must have. (We know they did, there was a patch. :p )

The trick is to figure out what, and how to either fix or work around it. Whether that turns out to be something WE can do, or something THEY have to implement, we won't know till we nail down what it IS. More details can only help, at this point, IMO. It's a fairly new problem.

Post your dxdiag to Tech, please. I'm interested to see what they'll tell you. :)

Tip: if you Select All of the report, and paste that into your first message, look where it stops. That'll help you figure out how much info is being put into a post, and you'll know roughly when/where to stop adding copied lines to the subsequent posts. Like I said, 4-6 breaks usually covers it. (They'll need to see it ALL for best results.)
  • Options

I like it. ;)

It's as much about narrowing down and ruling out issues as it is about identifying actual problems. If THEY did something new that's affecting YOU, you're probably not the only player on that type of system having those issues.

Not everybody comes here to post. Some players probably never come here at all.

You're having problems you weren't. I agree that if you didn't change anything, they must have. (We know they did, there was a patch. :p )

The trick is to figure out what, and how to either fix or work around it. Whether that turns out to be something WE can do, or something THEY have to implement, we won't know till we nail down what it IS. More details can only help, at this point, IMO. It's a fairly new problem.

Post your dxdiag to Tech, please. I'm interested to see what they'll tell you. :)

Tip: if you Select All of the report, and paste that into your first message, look where it stops. That'll help you figure out how much info is being put into a post, and you'll know roughly when/where to stop adding copied lines to the subsequent posts. Like I said, 4-6 breaks usually covers it. (They'll need to see it ALL for best results.)

I'll try and figure out how to post my dxdiag... Look out for a post in tech!.. :)

68OUgVc.jpg