Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @CravenLestat I've owned dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, fish, newts, birds ... you name it! Animal Lover. :) My husband's family used to mush dogs too. That particular dog I mentioned was a little mutt I got from the shelter. He had a beautiful red coat and looked kind of like a boxer mix, but was a much smaller dog. His name was Walden. Very adventurous guy. He learned how to climb the fence, and we had a difficult time keeping him home. We were always chasing him down! :s
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Judy arrives in Isla Paradiso - alone.

There was no real need to send Judy off to Isla Paradiso - but I just decided to do it because she needed to find a squid and I was curious about people posting about being unable to find any bottles with messages in them any more.

Fortunately, I put the collection helper in her inventory - because I simply don't have the patience to go blindly searching all over the world for collectibles. I've done that for several real life years now and I'm over it for now.

Judy arrived in Isla Paradiso and she found a nice little house to rent.

I used NRAAS Traveler mod to change Isla Paradiso to be Judy's home world. That means she can stay there until I'm ready to send to to another world. She is no longer part of her household in DragonValley.

When I send her back to Dragon Valley she'll have to rent a place to stay in there and then I'll use Merge Households to get her back into her old household. There are probably other ways to do it but that's what I did when she went off to Legacy Island III to collect Harry.

They both had to be residents of the world for me to be able to merge Judy and Harry into the same household. They left for Dragon Valley within minutes of Judy arriving in Legacy Island III.

Legacy Island III is so full of Sims that it requires my graphics to be turned down to minimum possible just to do anything at all there. That's what got me started on moving my Sims from Legacy Island III to other worlds.

There are still just over 420 Sims living in Legacy Island III. I'll be populating several more worlds before I have it down to a playable population size.

When Judy arrived in Isla Paradiso she had to learn to dive. She hadn't ever been swimming before so she had absolutely no diving skill at all.

I sent Judy to the local beach as soon as she had settled into her new home.

At first, there were no other sims anywhere to be found.
    Judy084.jpg

I tried to get her to swim and snorkel but she wasn't keen.
    Judy085.jpg

She just wanted to sunbathe. She got a tan very quickly. I bought her an umbrella to try to stop her spontaneously combusting.
    Judy086.jpg

Other sunbathers soon arrived and she saw something she really liked to look at. She had pink hearts dancing around her head. But she was there for another reason.
    Judy087.jpg

Since she continued to avoid snorkeling in the shallows I sent her to a dive lot to try snorkeling there.
    Judy088.jpg

She wasn't alone for long and a few townies turned up to do some diving of their own.
    Judy089.jpg

While the others went diving, all Judy could do was swim around on the surface and look down longingly at the interesting things she could barely see down below.
    Judy090.jpg
    Hopefully this will have motivated her enough to work on that diving skill she has to have before she can venture down there too.

It was late in the day when I sent her out to that dive lot and it soon got dark.
    Judy091.jpg
    I sent her home to try again on another day.

Finally she had a sufficiently high diving skill to be able to dive on one of the easier dive lots. She used her collection helper, on land and in the dive lots, to look for sea shells. She found a few and also found some messages in bottles. In fact, the second and third seashell she found were both bottles with messages in them.

Before I sent her diving I purchased her the lifetime reward 'Lungs of Steel'. I didn't want to become frustrated by her having to go up for air all the time.

Another thing she managed to do quickly once she got down to diving was to catch the squid she needed for her elixir. But I wasn't sending her home with just that one squid. She has to stay and achieve things while in this new world.

If I get tired of her being here I'll send her home and she might come back some day to do more work on things such as finding hidden islands. But if she doesn't get around to doing that and I want to use this world as a home for a group of Sims at some stage in the future, I think I'll try replacing the world files in this big game with a fresh version so the new set of Sims have some chance of revealing all of the hidden islands.

Judy found her first little hidden island easily while searching for sea shells. This is because she got a shell on a beach nearby and I knew all she had to do was go close to that particular island to reveal it. I did that and immediately regretted it as that meant she'd have to stay to reveal all islands or I would have to replace the world files in this game to give another sim that chance at some stage in the future. I hope replacing the world files will do the trick if I decide to try to do that.

After much diving she finally advanced enough to be able to dive in a few different dive lots. In one of them she came across a mermaid with legs. I've never see that before. I think I've read about it happening and assume it is a glitch.
    Judy092.jpg

She came across a treasure chest after having been diving for several days. I wondered if she could open it.
    Judy093.jpg

Judy094.jpg

She got some cut emeralds and other treasure from that chest.
    Judy095.jpg
    She didn't really need the emeralds as she has plenty of them at home - but they were pretty and I'm sure she'll use them at some stage. Or just sell them if she ever needs the money.

On some dives she uses the collection helper to find seashells and on other dives she uses it to find undersea life. In this case she has found that blue starfish that is seen near the spot indicated by the collection helper.
    Judy096.jpg

When diving, clicking on the collection helper in her inventory only brings up the NRAAS menu so she can't change it to look for other types of things once she has started her dive.

The collection helper is good for looking for seashells but not so good for undersea life. All it shows is a location that is near to where you will find something to catch, if you wait long enough and look hard enough in the right direction. It took me a while to find that starfish. I think it hadn't actually emerged at first and when I told her to catch it all I could see of it was a blue smudge. Once she went for it though it became fully visible.

None of the fish or other things in this picture are able to be caught. They are just there to make the dive lot look pretty and busy. Schools of those little fish swim around the dive lots and are very fast. I was happy to catch them in this pic.
    Judy097.jpg

She's off to see what the collection helper has found for her.
    Judy098.jpg

It looks like it is a tragic clown fish.
    Judy099.jpg

I see some kelp she could harvest. She's been harvesting it while diving as I happen to know she'll need some soon for another elixir.
    Judy100.jpg

It was time to go home. She popped back up to the surface.
    Judy101.jpg

Another day and another dive spot. She's been gradually improving her diving skill and can now dive in the Mermaid Grotto. I'm not sure which spot she's in here though.
    Judy102.jpg

Sometimes she dives at night and it is dark down there.
    Judy103.jpg

It looks like she's found a treasure chest near the opening to a cave she could explore - if she is sufficiently brave.
    Judy104.jpg

Unfortunately she couldn't get this chest open.
    Judy105.jpg
    Time to go home and come back another day.

In between dives I have her resting or running around Isla Paradiso looking for insects or seashells. I can well understand why people are having problems finding bottles. The version of Isla Paradiso I am playing has very few spawners scattered around the world and they don't spawn much very often so trying to find collectables there without a collection helper could be a seriously depressing venture. Unless you happen to enjoy hours of fruitless searching.

I must admit though, I haven't had her looking for metals or gems or any other things. I've only had her trying to find seashells and insects. I rarely find other goodies just lying around near places the collection helper takes me to collect things it has highlighted for me.

What's that she can see in the distance?
    Judy106.jpg

Wonder if she can open it?
    Judy107.jpg

And she gets it open and empties the treasure.
    Judy108.jpg

No need for a collection helper to see that anemone on the sea floor. She quickly scooped it up.
    Judy109.jpg

She saw an old anchor on the bottom
    Judy110.jpg

Judy111.jpg

Then she returned to the beach and tried a bit of fishing with a line.
    Judy112.jpg

Judy113.jpg

image hosting over 2mb

I have more to show but this is enough for now. I'll post some more later.

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @lanlyn Animal lovers get awesomes and I think you were technically a zookeeper :D If you would have named one more animal would have bumped you up to forest ranger.Walden is such a cute name for a dog and a good name for a sim too cannot believe you haven't used it.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I loaded Bridgeport with the intention of snagging a few sims to makeover for a fresh save for my 4th generation family. While I had it open I was tempted to start a save with Beau Merrick as he has been a favourite of mine for some time. I added Josh, a sim I made a while back, to be his partner. They hit it off immediately and before I know it they autonomously married. I had Beau turn Josh because it would have been tragic for him to die so early in their marriage.

124c2ur.jpg
    After the birth of their daughter, Scarlett, I had them move to a house as I know I have a tendency to have big families and the apartment would not have cut it. When they were expecting their second child, I added my simself to the save to act as nanny. The second child was a girl, Jade.
    o6zjna.jpg
    Their third child, Tyrian, is still a toddler.
    1623zid.jpg
    Scarlett just aged up to teen while I was playing this morning and I think she is very pretty :)
    149ay3c.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi was your avatar watching to see what happened with the stink juce potion?
  • Options
    @Karritz No. She was just doing the idle for a sim with a good sense of humor I believe.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @CravenLestat And yet another interpretation of that emoji! I can see that now. The happy dog's smile. I also remember a dog I had who added his own twist to that grin. He was a bit ornery, and would laugh at us when we tried to catch him. He was playing games. So yes, lots of ways to see a simple smiley face! :# <---cheeky grin while laughing at myself. ;)

Now see that one... :# looks like a GRRRRRRR type peeved face to me, where as :p looks like a raspberry. But yes, Charlotte used to make that cute sticky out tongue grin just like Rascal. <3 I still miss her!!!!
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Karritz No. She was just doing the idle for a sim with a good sense of humor I believe.

Interesting. My sims get a look just like that when they hide around a corner to see if what happens when they let one of those potions off. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @lanlyn Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@Karritz Nice pictures of Isla Paridiso :smile:

@Mikezumi Nice pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Karritz I really enjoyed your pics. The water is so beautiful :)

Thank you. I have her diving at the moment but am thinking of sending her home for a while as her inventory is getting very full. I do have a heap more pictures to post though.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @lanlyn Animal lovers get awesomes and I think you were technically a zookeeper :D If you would have named one more animal would have bumped you up to forest ranger. ...
    @CravenLestat I didn't mention the "🐸🐸🐸🐸 Toads" we used to catch when I was a kid in Texas. And salamanders, crawdads, pollywogs ... hermit crabs and ghost grabs from the coast ... :D

We loved this little guy. The Horned Lizard (🐸🐸🐸🐸 Toad)
    spdslzrd.jpg

I wasn't a tomboy, just loved the outdoors and all kinds of creatures. :)
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Saville found his girlfriend in no time and struck up a conversation with the bartender. He thought it was an odd place but didn't question it, things are bound to be different in a big city. Sun Young on the other hand was fascinated with the old stone coffin. A strange thought popped into her mind; wouldn't it be cool to meet a supernatural sim? She felt tempted to laugh it off... Supernaturals were just a myth back home in Sunset Valley.
    Screenshot-186_3.jpg
    It was starting to get dark so they left to go get some dinner. Sun Young couldn't help but shiver as they went past the cemetery. An uneasy feeling washed over her.
    Screenshot-188_3.jpg
    The next morning, Sun was up early and at her laptop. She was searching through social media to find someone in the area. She wanted to make friends of course, but another part of her was dying to know more about that little bar in the cemetery.
    Screenshot-200_2.jpg
    After Saville had his shower he went over to see what she was doing. She quickly closed the screen and lied. Well, only half-lied. Someone by the name of Erika had gotten in contact with her and was willing to meet up.
    Screenshot-201_3.jpg
    A brand new day! Sun Young smiled to herself.
    Screenshot-202_2.jpg
    Saville was happy to wait at the apartment for her. He was really enjoying his new love for golf.
    Screenshot-203_2.jpg
    Sun and her new acquaintance had promised to meet at a hotel lobby. Erika was covered from head to toe in leather. Smart and sexy all in one package, Sun felt felt more strongly than anything in that moment that she wanted to be just like Erika. :naughty:
    Screenshot-206_3.jpg
  • Options
    @coco So glad you got that hairstyle with the wool hat ,Sun is practically meant for it :love: And I dont trust Erika :# she is a bad example,a rotten apple I can feel it plus she kinda looks like a evil vampire. :'( Sun is a good girl she better stay away

@Mikezumi Scarlett just aged up to *Look out for that sim stalking with the age of instant elixir* I mean ummm she is a QT and a fine upstanding young lady o:)

@karritz I really need to go scuba diving,I have only done it a few times but not enough to find all the cool stuff and collectibles. :( I never even got a seahorse :s But your pics make me want to play in IP I do not use it enough.

@lanlyn I thought that lizard has a wonderful name.I have been called that name alot actually... But its not true :rage: women are gross :smirk:

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @CravenLestat It really does suit her doesn't it? Erika is evil, definitely not a good role model. Sun is no innocent in my game either, she's got a Cheater reputation and 4 relationships plus a betrayal but even she doesn't deserve what's coming to her next... :wink:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Puddinroy -Thanks for the comment.
    @Cororon -Great picture!
    @king_of_simcity7 -It's a credit to the world's creator.Great pictures!
    @Karritz -Great update!
    @PalmArrow -Great updates!
    @CravenLestat -Great pictures!
    @Charlottesmom -Great pictures!
    @lanlyn -Great update!I found that houses and other buildings that might need expansion would lose the real roof so I started putting flor tiles up as a flat roof before adding the other one after installing Seasons.
    @Mikezumi -Hi there!I've got a modifiled 100 baby challenge in Storybrook.Great start!
    @coco -Great update!
    Notchcliffs-Under Construction.
    I flattened the lot for the town's main pool.
    30588244190_49aed793e4.jpg
    The pool got set down and food replicators got added.
    30588238990_68c70ff4a4.jpg
    A fish spawner check was done to make sure the pool would be stocked with fish for winter fishing.
    30588233070_3f023bfc19.jpg
    Some pictures of the already edited pool.
    30801200031_272220cf47.jpg
    30801194691_ac654f3254.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Gaming_CultureGaming_Culture Posts: 13 New Member
    Hey guys :D I made a little video to help some people out called '10 Things You Didn't Know In Sims 4' If you see it, hope it helps!! :)
    Happy Gaming!!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjEDl_UBJ8
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @Mikezumi I don't often play in Bridgeport and don't know the townie sims very well. And I rarely play with vampires - but do plan to change that one day. Having said all of that I did enjoy seeing your pictures of your vampires in Bridgeport.

@CravenLestat I've been hoping to get a seahorse too but so far she hasn't found any. They are very small and hide among the coral and are very hard to find. I'm hoping when she gets her diving skill up to level 9 and is able to dive at Pearl's Deep she might have some chance of finding one.

@TadOlson - thanks for your comment.

I'll post my next update in a new post. There have been some interesting/unexpected/challenging developments but they will be in the post I haven't started organising the pictures for yet.
  • Options
    Here's the next part of my update of Judy in Isla Paradiso

In my game I've currently got her returning to Dragon Valley. She may revisit Isla Paradiso at some stage or not.

Back at home, when she ought to have been sleeping, I found Judy playing Frisbee with a neighbour from Isla Paradiso.
    Judy114.jpg

Next day she went diving again and found another map piece in a bottle.
    Map_Piece_In_ABottle001.jpg

There was a black goldfish (swimming in the ocean?) for her to catch.
    Black_Goldfish001.jpg

Then she cam across another treasure chest.
    Treasure_Chest001.jpg

She tried to open it
    Judy115.jpg

And she got some more treasure. This time there was a map piece in the chest.
    Judy116.jpg

She had a little look around and thought about exploring another cave.
    Judy117.jpg

Something seemed to be happening to the game - I got a bit worried it was about to crash but continued with her chasing undersea life.

She spotted another squid and went after it...
    Judy118.jpg

Got it....
    Judy119.jpg

I saw a crab hiding in a crevice - this was just part of the terrain paint used in the dive lot.
    Crab001.jpg

Suddenly I got thrown up to the surface to see the island she had just revealed - I suspect finding that fourth map piece and putting the pieces together revealed the island for her. She's now found 3 of the hidden islands.
    Island_Revealed001.jpg

Judy was still down below exploring the dive lot. I let her continue for a while longer and then sent her home for a rest.

Next day she was out diving again.

Here she is arriving at the dive lot.
    Judy120.jpg

Now she's changed into her scuba gear and is ready to descend.
    Judy121.jpg

Dive_Spot001.jpg

She spotted another message in a bottle and collected it. Some times they are just lying there. Her diving skill is up to level 8 now so I suppose she's getting better at finding things.
    Message_In_ABottle001.jpg

Judy saw a pair of divers from town having a chat under water.
    Divers001.jpg

Judy122.jpg

I don't seem to have managed to get any pictures of the various big sharks she came across while diving. I can assure you she is not a brave sim. She frequently had a warm wet suit.

temp image upload

I'll start work on my next update now and fill you in on what's happened to make me scratch my head and find a work around to allow me to be able to continue playing my game. All I can say is thank goodness for SaveAs and always saving with a different sequential number each time I save as.
  • Options
    Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited November 2016
    I imported a household I'd made up quite a while back just so I could actually view my new build for that contest and got playing them after I checked it over. I didn't realize the game had also imported them as townies. 2nd day of school Karen met herself, first full moon both Katya and Bran zombies showed up at my house. so they met their zombie selves who kept trying to attack them.

This is Katya by the way.
    Screenshot-52.jpg
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thanks @CravenLestat, @king_of_simcity7 :)

@coco oooh, looks like Sun wants to take a walk on the darkside!

@TadOlson Thanks :) I have yet to manage a 100 baby challenge. I might try again one day but my real play preference is for generational games. That's a lot of fishing spawners in such a small space. Your sims will never go hungry :) The pool looks great!

@Karritz Thanks :) Judy seems to have a wonderful life! Really do enjoy your water shots :)

@Cadh20000 Now that sounds scary!

Wogan and Morrigan Hemlock's son aged up to teen the day before Scarlett. I quickly disabled romance for him so that Scarlett would have first dibs. He's such a handsome boy and would make the perfect life partner for her :) As soon as she aged up, I arranged for them to meet. They hit it off really well. Since it was the weekend, she had her first date with him the next day.
    2ni5zrd.jpg
    Tyrian aged up to child the day after Scarlett's birthday. He rolled a wish for a water slide so I obliged.
    b7cgtc.jpg
    I can't let the kids have all the fun so I had Beau and Josh do some star gazing.
    24eyyys.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    coco wrote: »
    @CravenLestat It really does suit her doesn't it? Erika is evil, definitely not a good role model. Sun is no innocent in my game either, she's got a Cheater reputation and 4 relationships plus a betrayal but even she doesn't deserve what's coming to her next... :wink:

What have you done to her :'( When you met her she was a sweet girl just living life and smelling flowers painting portraits of the terracota army and singing Chinese songs on the hillside by Dragons Maw.Now you turned her into a cheating trampy dirty girl basically*Lanlyn-ized her* :D Guys in her games are watching her but not interested yet or adding her to the bucket list till she has been with at least 15 sims 2 of which have to be same gender.Bunter is taking notes

Now what devious things are you holding in that mind of yours.The wink has me curious :o

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Cadh20000 :D Meeting your twin,meeting your dopleganger as a zombie,meeting your clone then they try to eat you and rip off your flesh and make you undead.

:pI LOVE SIMS 3 Real weirder stories that are actually fun.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @karritz That screenshot you took of just the treasure chest sitting in the water is really pretty with the light on the sand and shadows :love: So colorful and I want that chest in real life to put at the foot of a bed and store blankets in it.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm gone for a day and have tons of posts to catch up on! This thread moves fast! Great updates everyone!
    So, I got to play for a couple of hours yesterday, and went pic crazy again. :D My recent game is in Moonlight Falls with a semi random made sim. Her name is Stacie Garnet (random generated name):
    First I decided to give her a makeover with cc.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Then I sent her to the winter festival and let her do her thing :D
    Just had to try out ice skating and snow boarding
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Trying festival food (hot wings I think)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Who said there's no multitasking in sims 3 :p
    Stacie decided to buy a hot chocolate at the festival...and drink it in the hot tub...
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    ...while having a conversation with this guy...
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The look on her face! :D
    screenshot_original.jpg
    She's a gatherer, so on her way home she made a special stop: :#
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Never a dull moment!! :DB)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights