Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Cutest Couple Comp ♥ | CONCLUDED!!! See Finale Vid ;)

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @Jellysimwich is it ok if my submission isn't in until Tuesday or Wednesday?
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    That suits me as well. @CitizenErased14 Almost there, but with work for the next day or two my time will be limited.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I'll have mine up definitely tonight, @jellysimwich. It's already to go, just need to write the captions to go with it.

• Options
    Mine should be up tomorrow. I have everything I need, I just have to actually get the shot :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Back in the day when we were married, it was all flowers and lace, hippies and free love. Bryan and I were a bit more traditional, but the flowers and lace was the fashion of the day and so we tried to incorporate some of that.

I loved nature and wanted to be married in a garden, but Bryan loved the more traditional wedding, so we negotiated to have both. The ceremony was inside a marquee, but we placed plants and things around to make it look like it was outside as well. We also had the reception outside and our photographer, snapped a couple of gorgeous natural shots, which are set out below the main shot.

I was insistent we have some blue backdrops that complimented the purple curtains and lavender flowers that we chose. At home my favourite piece of decor was mum's carpet runners that went down every passage we had in the house, which were many. I asked her if it I could use just one piece as our "red carpet" and she agreed. So our "old" came together and fitted in nicely with the decorations. I borrowed my sister's floral headband, it just seemed to fit with our theme and she was more than willing to lend it to me, but made me promise to give it back once our day was over. Naturally my dress and flowers amongst many other things were "new" and I will never forget our day. We are as much if not more in love than the day we married. When you spend 40 years with one person, you become one and that is how we feel today.

OV7mjVp.png
    Some more shots to show them closer up.

4W19A9R.png

OwtpM8e.png

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Yes, I can extend. I just got back on here today so I'm behind a wee bit, as well. I will probably deliberate with results this weekend on Friday or later Saturday.
  • Options
    @remi_narrow I haven't seen you around lately, I hope you're still participating! It's a shame that so many people have vanished from this competition. I hope we don't lose another before the end :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Round Six

ZaVV0j3.png

Ever since I was a little girl, I'd always dreamed of my wedding day. I imagined a grand ballgown. An elaborate reception full of friends and family. An elegant venue. And a handsome groom to sweep me off my feet. In the end, I definitely got my handsome groom... But as for the rest, well, fate had other plans.

I had just turned eighteen when Tobi and I got married. He was seventeen. And our twins were less than four months old. A shotgun wedding, some might call it. But I've never liked that term. We got married at night under the big tree in his parents' backyard. No big, puffy dress. No fancy reception. We didn't even have rings... Just each other.

And I wouldn't have had it any other way.

One of my only regrets was not having a professional photographer to capture it all, so this challenge was the perfect way to make up for that. We decided not to go for any frills this time around. We were supposed to be acting out our dream wedding, but we'd already had ours. Why change something that was perfect?

We had to improvise a bit, but we recreated everything as best as we could -- The big old oak tree in my in-law's backyard. Our sweet little babies, soft and brand-new. The beautiful pearl earrings borrowed from my grandmother. The bright blue and purple flowers and ribbons on our wedding arch. And, of course, the bridge and groom -- still as head-over-heels today as we were back then <3
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Such a gorgeous story, @CitizenErased14. Well done.

• Options
    edited November 2016

Thanks @Jendowoz0612 ! :blush: Tobi and Colette are actually characters from my legacy story, so it's all true! :) (Except they are almost 50 now, and their kids are grown hehe) They actually had a real wedding in my story when they were teens, as well as a vow-renewal when they were in their 30s.

I loved your entry too! <3
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

Thanks @Jendowoz0612 ! :blush: Tobi and Colette are actually characters from my legacy story, so it's all true! :) (Except they are almost 50 now, and their kids are grown hehe) They actually had a real wedding in my story when they were teens, as well as a vow-renewal when they were in their 30s.

I loved your entry too! <3

If you are curious :lol: (Sorry they're so small)

Real wedding:
    292.png

Renewal:
    07-14-16_6-49-41c2a0pm.png

I combined both for this one :tongue: They were in their renewal clothes, but the same setting as their actual wedding :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    That's great, @CitizenErased14 how far have you got with your legacy?

• Options
    That's great, @CitizenErased14 how far have you got with your legacy?

@Jendowoz0612 I'm about to start Gen 5 :) Tobi was my 3rd generation heir.
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @remi_narrow I haven't seen you around lately, I hope you're still participating! It's a shame that so many people have vanished from this competition. I hope we don't lose another before the end :)

To be fair, they didn't vanish, I did get private messaged about having to forfeit due to school and work obligations. But we only have another round and the winner will be announced :) I've learned a lot this cycle and will ensure to have at least one other active judge. I will also incorporate a really specific rating system for each round.
  • Options

To be fair, they didn't vanish, I did get private messaged about having to forfeit due to school and work obligations. But we only have another round and the winner will be announced :) I've learned a lot this cycle and will ensure to have at least one other active judge. I will also incorporate a really specific rating system for each round.

Ah, I see now @Jellysimwich ! I guess because these people never publicly shared in the thread that they were dropping out, it looked to me like they'd simply vanished without explanation :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @remi_narrow inbox me if you are still planning on participating. I haven't started deliberation yet. Will do in the next day or so from this post date.
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 and @Jendowoz0612 I haven't heard back from @remi_narrow so we will proceed without her. I had planned to deliberate and have scores up today but so much has been happening on my end, including having my son's birthday and then the election stuff going on. Since it's just the two of you left, this will be the final round. I will see what I can do for a finale and then announce the winner :)
  • Options
    Okay, thanks for the update, @Jellysimwich

• Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member

Hi guys!
    I had been busy preparing for my exams all this while and I'm finally done with them today! Feels so good LOL. Unfortunately, I couldn't take part in this round. :( And it's so sad I'm out of the competition but I'd like to wish best of luck to both of you @CitizenErased14 and @Jendowoz0612 Both your entries were fabulous and I'm sure Jelly is going to have a tough time deliberating (like she always does hehehe :lol:)
    May the Cutest couple win! :smiley:

PS: I'm excited to see what the final round will be and I'll be lurking around to see your entries, too!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hey @CitizenErased14 . so good to hear from you again. It's just you and I now, for the finale. Hope it's fun for us both.

@remi_narrow and @CitizenErased14, If you want to join into a fun and laid-back activity I've started one exclusively for Sim Teens. Have a look at it. Would love you to join up and have some unwinding time and fun. Check it out HERE You like story writing well this activity involves some writing, should be a lot of fun.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options

Guys, @Jellysimwich extended the deadline so I decided to enter now that I have all the time in the world :lol: So here's my entry...

Challenge Six

round-6.jpg
    Caption: Laura and I have very different views on marriage. I’m old-school (at least that’s what Laura says) and I believe that marriage is such an important part of one’s life. For Laura, however, marriage is just that one phase of life you can skip if you choose to.

Laura calls me a “softie” because I always keep talking of my dream wedding, despite knowing that’s never going to happen. :( Now don’t start giving me that look and saying I can break up with her if she’s not ready to get married. I mean, that’s ridiculous! I’m not going to break up with Laura simply because she doesn’t want to tie the knot! Besides, marriage does not even guarantee you’ll be together forever... Oh my God, now I’m starting to sound just like Laura! :sweat_smile: Whatever it may be, the truth is we both love each other a lot and as Laura says, “you don’t need to put a ring on it. I know you’ll be mine forever.”

Anyway… enough with the small talk. When we first received the letter for this round, my heart nearly skipped a beat on reading the theme of the photoshoot. I couldn’t believe I would actually get a chance to see Laura walk down the aisle in a beautiful white dress. But this fancy of mine shattered the moment Laura said, “I’m not spending all my money on some stupid wedding gown. Do you even know how expensive those things are?” #itsover :bawling:

Finally, we settled on borrowing Laura’s mom’s wedding gown that she wore back in the 80s. It was beautiful but I knew Laura would complain looking at the huge flared wedding dress (and she did!) When I insisted on buying a new tuxedo for myself, Laura refused and I had to borrow my dad’s old blue tuxedo that he wore for his wedding. It surprisingly fit well but it was so not my type! The only thing we needed was a ring and neither of our parents was willing to lend us theirs LOL. So I bought one, without Laura’s knowledge, on Simsbay.com, a cheap one because I was certain Laura would notice and then be mad at me. :angry: She can be such a meanie at times!

The photoshoot went so well and I absolutely loved the picture we decided to submit! It’s exactly the way I had pictured my dream wedding would be. I hope the judges agree with us!

PS: Laura loved the ring I gave her and after the photoshoot, we decided to take a “fun photo” with her showcasing the ring! Look how happy she looks!!
    11-11-16_3-52-05c2a0pm.jpg
  • Options
    Hey @CitizenErased14 . so good to hear from you again. It's just you and I now, for the finale. Hope it's fun for us both.

@remi_narrow and @CitizenErased14, If you want to join into a fun and laid-back activity I've started one exclusively for Sim Teens. Have a look at it. Would love you to join up and have some unwinding time and fun. Check it out HERE You like story writing well this activity involves some writing, should be a lot of fun.

@Jendowoz0612 Sure! I'll check it out! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Your entry is great! @remi_narrow. Glad you could make it in time.

• Options
    Haha @remi_narrow I just barely got your message and see that I'm way behind here...You've already posted :) Awesome!

Thank you ladies xx Stay tuned!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top