Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun activity for your TEENAGE SIMS - closed until further notice

Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
MDMj4fE.png

What sort of teenager can your Sim be?

Hi everyone. I’ve been wanting to do a teenage feature for a while now and decided to give it a go here and see what response I get.

This is not a competition, it is a fun activity that isn't competitive, for everyone, beginners right through. It's a chance for everyone to be involved and spread their creative wings accompanied with a bit of fun and constructive feedback.

InaMac, ArtsyAmy and I will be your coaches and give feedback on how adaptable you can be with a chosen teenage Sim to fit a theme...probably 7-10 days between rounds, but if you need more time, you just need to ask. Other comments by each other are welcome, but please be constructive. I will provide real life examples of the current theme so as not to cramp your creative style.

There will be no eliminations, winners or losers it is simply a fun challenge. After all it’s not about winning or losing it’s more about experimenting with your Sim to try out different looks and tapping in to your creativity.

Each round we would prefer that you use the same Sim so we can keep track of who’s who. Males or females, Sims 3 and 4 are welcome.

*If you want to change colours of hair, eyes, change hairstyles, makeup, clothing of course is a must for the current round theme, but the others are optional, you are welcome to change those things, as long as I can recognise that it is your model.

If you would like to join please provide a full or 3/4 body shot, as I will make up a model wall, of all your wonderful teen Sims or you can use any existing teens you already have. Present your Sim in jeans and a top of your choice. The only stipulation is that they are human.

*Please include: a first and last name, his or her traits, and aspiration along with a short bio of your sim so we can get to know them. Some basic story telling will be included

*No editing or photoshop is necessary unless you choose to use them. Any background is okay, in-game, CAS or a chosen google one. You may want to set up a background to fit the themes later on.

*Maxis clothes and/or CC only can be used.

There is no restrictions except to match the theme and I will provide tips and ideas for each round. I have 12 rounds planned and if all goes well I will put out a new one each 7- 10 days with a brief and examples of the expectations for that round.  

Only one shot is needed so, choose the one that you feel best fits the theme. If it is a distant shot you can add one other closer to see your models in more detail under a spoiler.

If there is enough interest I will watch this thread for the posts of your teens and we can get started as soon as I get a reasonable number of participants. The first 12 people will be accepted. That is the maximum number at this stage, so it's first come...first serve, so to speak.

~~Questions and suggestions are welcome, and if you have any problems, concerns or queries please PM me~~

:):):) Remember, it's all about having fun and enjoying yourself :):):)  

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    **Meet the coaches**

kLgbiqf.png

q0b6xXh.png

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Here is the Model Wall folks, there is enough room to add the last two if they end up putting up their sim. I made it so they could all fit.

ioaFhNa.jpg

First 10 would be great. If more we can go up to 12. There are a couple of teen shots to go up so the model wall but have put up the Round 1 so you don't have to wait any longer. They can still put their teen sims up later. Only 2 to go. @ironknight35 and @EverGreenLife we have only just begun if you would still like to put in your teen.

Reserved
    1. @NShippudenFan with Marissa o:)
    2. @xjojox with Abby
    3. @TEXASTWANGTONYA with London
    4. @wrswrs2 with Mandy
    5. @JennaCatz with Octavia o:)
    6. @wbombje with Cayden

Round 1- 12
    B) = teens shot and bio done.
    :) = entered
    <3 = completed
    o:) = checked in after feedback

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Round 1 - "Gym Junky"
    VbCNbtB.png
    j9AFQKC.png
    Round 2 - "Geekmizer"
    kyi1TJs.png

G5me0MI.png
    Round 3 - "Casual Country"
    DFpBH75.png

OazYllR.png
    Round 4 - "Goth Gals and Guys"
    WWfap1T.jpg

G58e8Tp.png

General Definition of a Goth:

**Put simply, a Goth is someone who finds beauty in things others consider dark. They love all that is dark and mysterious. That doesn't mean they are evil, it just means they have a different perspective to others. It also doesn't mean Goths are unkind, violent or lacking in humour, in fact quite the opposite is true. Goths love to laugh but their humour is more of the black comedy sort. They aren't sad because they like dark things - dark things make them happy and inspire them. Goths are often intelligent, romantic and artistic realists. Being Goth is not about how one dresses.
    Goths don’t always wear black and don’t all listen to the same bands. They do not worship Satan and aren’t members of a cult. Goths can be found around the globe and come from many different backgrounds and ethnicity. The Goth culture is very big in Japan and Germany.**
    Round 5 - "Fantastic Fantasy"
    QtpyTri.png

l1nJ1OO.png
    Round 6 - "Uptown Kids"

IenEZlL.png
    nUgvemS.png
    Round 7 - "Street Kids"

Pp04h9l.png

NfkwYbH.png

Entries for "Street Kids"
    NShippundenFan with Marissa

6xefMEz.jpg
    Marissa had never been "filthy rich" before, and she did enjoy having money to spend on herself. But of course, the rich/high life didn't last long for her and her family. One of her family members ended up losing most of the money through betting and gambling. Marissas parents were furious, and felt betrayed.

Marissa was disappointed in the news, but she tried to make the best of what she had. They couldn't afford her new car anymore, so Marissa went out for a walk one night, wearing more casual, street clothes. She actually was surprised by how much she missed her old, less rich life and lifestyle. The lottery win had been in a way good and bad for the family, but she now found herself feeling more confident in herself, and her sense of style. She wouldn't change anything that happened. It allowed her to see life from a different perspective, and she found herself appreciating what she had even more.

xJojox with Abby

SM0yIuz.png
    With the jetsetting like and hitting the tour buses she has been hanging with some different crowds and people who have street style. I guess the fashion has rubbed off a little on Abby.. She can definitely pull it out...

wrswrs2 with Mandy

1ZSXCZs.png
    No story

JennaCatz with Octavia

6edis7t.jpg
    After living the life, spending money and doing whatever Octavia wanted, her family soon ran out of cash. The only thing was that being spoilt was what she got used to, which left a bad trait behind. Being with a lot of people with bad intentions got to Octavia and soon became someone completely different.

wbombje with Cayden

SogAmRi.png
    After winning the lottery, Cayden and her parents raveled the world and lived the life of luxury. When they got home they decided to invest in a restaurant with no prior knowledge of working in restaurants. Unfortunately, the restaurant failed and the manager that they hired ended up being a scam artist and ran off with all of their remaining money. They moved in with Cayden's grandparents on her father's side. These grandparents lived in the city. Cayden had to take a job as a waitress at a local restaurant. She took some business classes at a local community college as well. She wanted to learn from her parent's mistakes and maybe one day run a successful restaurant.

If I add **bolded tips** like this below, they will be specific to the round and will be up until the next round.

***CAMERA CONTROLS & TIPS***

1. Press tab for free movement. From there you can zoom closer or use the following controls.
    • Press Q and down arrow – takes the camera down for a ground up view
    • Press E and up arrow – takes the camera up for a top-down view
    • Hold Ctrl and down arrow – Camera dives much lower
    • Hold Ctrl and up arrow – Camera raises much higher

2. You can also change the camera to The sims 3 controls if you are used to that.

3. Try to model your Teen with eye contact to the camera where possible. Try to make the shot either a 3/4 or full body shot please but not too far away.

4. Make good use of the pause button to take your shots.

5. Others may be in the shot as long as your Sim teen model is the main focus.

6. Full feedback will only occur from the coaches once all your efforts are up so no-one is swayed by what is commented on.

7. Make sure your background matches the theme.

8. HOW TO MAKE YOU SIM MODELS BIGGER: your Sim needs to be in game and follow the steps below.

a. press Tab. so you have free movement
    b. go to the head and press ctrl. 5 then move camera down and press ctrl. 6 continue to slide the camera down the body to the legs pressing up to ctrl 9 no more but you can go less.
    c. Once you have done that press 5 and it will automatically take you back up to where you took the first shot at ctrl. 5. Try to keep a steady hand, the closer your parts are the easier it is for re-construction later.
    d. Press C to take the first shot and then press 6, take a shot, 7, take a shot etc until you have taken shots of each section of your model. It will automatically move down to where you did the ctrl. 5,6,7,8, or 9.
    e. Bring up the shots of the different parts of the body into PS or GIMP and then piece your model together again. Often helps to reduce the opacity while fitting the parts together so you can see through the section you are piecing together to match it as closely as you can if not exactly. Once done then return the opacity to 100% and do the same for each part.
    f. merge layers once you have pieced your model back together and then select and mask etc. as normal for editing. You may come across sections that a little bit mis-aligned but erase those edges, blend or tidy them up one way or another, if they are not too mis-aligned. If the alignment is not close enough you may need to do it again.

NB: Be aware that as you go down the body it can angle down too much like a V shape and then your model doesn't look the greatest. So play around with the shot so it is has the same level of the front-on view each time.[/left]

• Options
    edited March 2017
    1iSl83b.png

Round 1 - "Gym Junky Shots"
    Click image to enlarge
    bu7fGyQ.jpg
    Round 2 - "Geekmizer Shots"
    HA5YEVQ.png
    Round 3 - "Casual Country Shots"
    DtaEIoD.png
    Round 4 - "Goth Guys and Gals shots"

82tHJC8.jpg
    Round 5 - "Fantastic Fantasy shots"

vliJAv4.png

N8pMLwz.png
    Round 7 - "Street Kids"
    Round 6 - "Uptown Kids"
    Round 4 - "Goth Guys and Gals"
    Round 2 - "Geekmizer"
    Round 1 - "Gym Junky"

XbNCLEF.png
    Round 7 - "Street Kids"
    Round 6 - "Uptown Kids"
    Round 2 - "Geekmizer"
    Round 1 - "Gym Junky"

8yZVEPZ.png
    Round 7 - "Street Kids"
    Round 6 - "Uptown Kids"
    Round 2 - "Geekmizer"
    Round 1 - "Gym Junky"

uwxYyBX.png
    Round 7 - "Street Kids"
    Guest Coach for this round, thank you @TEXASTWANGTONYA
    Round 6 - "Uptown Kids"
    Round 2 - "Geekmizer"
    Round 1 - "Gym Junky"

LpFv9x1.png
    Round 7 - "Street Kids"
    Round 6 - "Uptown Kids"
    Round 2 - "Geekmizer"
    Round 1 - "Gym Junky"

XQprBV2.png
    Round 7 - "Street Kids"
    Round 6 - "Uptown Kids"
    Round 1 - "Gym Junky"

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Hey all, if you'd like a relaxed, down-time activity, join in to this, it's run successfully in the Aussie site which is much smaller than here, but thought it might be a nice down time since everyone is getting busier toward Christmas.

The tag list is direct from Mizzie's thread so it should be up to date. Let me know if you want your name added or removed, thanks. Some of them are already in this on the Aussie site, but they are welcome to join this one too.

@themysticalpoet @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @MajestycUnicorn @YJB19299 @ironknight35 @BobSkellington @psykt @AshLenn @Kelebek @xJojox @Pebblycat @Meeshelby @Phoenix_Rainx @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Sims3fan1986 @MissBirdie @abillings1978 @strawberrigurl @NShippudenFan @MizoreYukii @LilacErin @JoeJoe11 @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @InaMac69 @lionpaws @ArtsyAmy495 @Sterretjeee @fabtiffsim @Jellysimwich @JennaCatz @Neverfalle @doicky96 @remi_narrow @CitizenErased14 @kittymeow @wbombje @Klept0maniac94 @wrswrs2 @SimsORIGfan @m11kj @taigoesrawr @Aestas @Grimm_PANdemic @HappyPanda @KittensMeow10 @dancergirlcb @EverGreenLife @SimmerMoon @higgenbocker

• Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    Wow Jen, everything looks fabulous! <3 I'm so happy to participate with you as a Coach!!! Can't wait to see who will like to join in on the fun! YAYYYY!!!! :D
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    Thank you, @Artsyamy neither can I :)

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Thanks for the tag! This sounds fun :). Maybe I'd try to use one of my teens I haven't used before x).
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    Thanks for the tag! This sounds fun :). Maybe I'd try to use one of my teens I haven't used before x).

B) I know you would be perfect for this! <3
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    @ArtsyAmy aww thanks! I'm still learning and I do enjoy more "laidback/fun" threads/comps XD. Will try to have a teen up in the next couple of days if not tonight x)

• Options
    YaYYY!!! :D I know Jen will be thrilled! I so look forward to seeing your teen! B)
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Fantastic, @NShippudenFan love to have you. It will be perfect for you. It has a timeline but it is quite a reasonable length between rounds.

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 thanks! Yes reasonable lengths for rounds is always good x)

• Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    Count me in Jen! This does look like fun!
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    @strawberrigurl I can't wait to see your teen too! :)
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    ArtsyAmy wrote: »
    @strawberrigurl I can't wait to see your teen too! :)

Thanks ArtsyAmy! I don't have much experience making teens but I will try my best. :)
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    *I just have to say @strawberrigurl that I LOVE your siggy too! B) Pacman is & will always be an all time favorite game of mine!!! I specifically kept consoles around that had ALL the versions + the arcade one! LOL :D
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    @ArtsyAmy Oops I just changed it since Halloween is over! I hadn't read your comment yetbut thank you. I love pacman too, brings back memories. I sucketh much at that game though. lol
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Welcome, @strawberrigurl so happy you're joining, my friend <3

• Options
    Welcome, @strawberrigurl so happy you're joining, my friend <3

Thanks Jen! I'm all for laid back and fun!
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    @NShippudenFan & @strawberrigurl its so good to see you both here, its going to be a lot of fun <3
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • Options
    InaMac69 wrote: »
    @NShippudenFan & @strawberrigurl its so good to see you both here, its going to be a lot of fun <3

Thank you, I think this will be fun too!
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    @Jendowoz0612 Sorry haven't had a chance to get my teen up! Hopefully soon! :)

• Options
    I have my sim made but its 123am here and I better get some sleep before editing her picture!
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Yeah 12:25 here. I napped quite a while but still feel tired. Was gonna play sims but got distracted with Xbox stuff instead XD.