The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Various City Living Bugs

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    Tazzianna wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    It happened on two festival... spice festival and market...
    I am the only one with this?
    It's repaired game, vanilla game.

Overlapping objects.

y3mAAzSPxZ_mvdJj2qooF2mMpik4OhVRgVupRNLeh-65TiCi5Jryqn2zY6VPpX1SgjxrOHx3og2daRD9UeqRKKL7EozPnp2Sdmecs8cg2BO2CKUIwr8IYO7Mnk31EGkhjsTbN10kcBcW6vB2JE_eRdmlhRdFQZvmyu2OotaGajLNwM?width=1366&height=768&cropmode=none

There is only one puff avaible to seat... see in picture -route fail because objects overlapping

y3mQxVrRZr8bOZD7-hOoPP8-BcqduRoiFKjLSi76BGwvr9r_Xsi5YKixtb9aOsEMwpVOYAeG0CY5fswO8FL9LWvQmkbdtuWbc_VglLTcQUySZDTUXz8GzXQQQifZwh_sEmKeFSKYjwaeIR-pHtcjEpTo725i1T6Yq-fTvpb7Ux-sO4?width=1366&height=768&cropmode=none

Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue.

It would be good to post your feedback on the issue on this AHQ EA thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/m-p/5674412#U5674412

If this happens and the items remain there after the festival has finished, then when a festival is next in that location, have your sim attend the festival and remain there completely to the end of the festival . Have him remain there until all the items disappear.

There are also instructions for how to zip your save files and upload them -- one of the SimGurus is looking for files where this is happening to help them figure out why.

I'd like to see the link to that SimGuru's request in order to participate in that. I'd love to help them figure out a solution to fix it not avoid it.

Hello
    The request is in the fourth post on the third page of this link thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/td-p/5674412/page/3
  • Options
    TazziannaTazzianna Posts: 141 Member
    Hi,
    Is it worth buying this EP at the moment or am I better to wait until the Lag issue with the game has been fixed. There seems to be a lot of problems with this new EP.
    Kind regards James.

I think its worth it. The cityscape in the background is very enjoyable for this townie. The game is playable it just has a few broken features that need to be repaired and I'm faithful EA / Maxis will get that done asap
  • Options
    TazziannaTazzianna Posts: 141 Member
    edited November 2016
    @rosemow
    what would you suggest if they don't after the festivity because its kinda annoying

On page 10 of this thread someone mentioned (sorry forgot the simmers name) that there is a SimGuru who is collecting save game data files who are experiencing this bug. Yours is so unique because it can't be avoided as some simmers are helpfully trying to direct players to bandaid their games rather than discover the who, what, when and where to report to EA so they can fix this bug. I have to bet they would find your save game very helpful to narrowing down what might be causing the problem. This isn't a game play issue or a technical issue on the players side to fault - it is an actual programming bug that needs to be repaired. @SimGuruNick might be the person to help direct us on how to go about that.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    For simmers who would like to send their diaxdiag infornation to SimGuruNick, these are instructions on how gather a DXDIAG on your computer.
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

To send your diaxdiag file to the SimGuru, zip your file into a zip folder, upload the zip folder to Dropbox , mediafire or google drive, then pm him the link to the file that you have uploaded.

Or you can copy/paste the diaxdiag info directly into a pm message to him.
  • Options
    GottKennaLoveGottKennaLove Posts: 53 Member
    I bake a cake and then theres no option to add candles.
  • Options

Hello
    What has helped other simmers is to put the cake into the fridge. Then manually take it out and again and see if you can then add candles.
    If the issue remains, try placing the cake on different tables and counters, and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps.

It would be good also to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-CL-Can-t-put-candles-on-cake-in-apartments/m-p/5686057#M29838
  • Options
    GottKennaLoveGottKennaLove Posts: 53 Member

Hello
    What has helped other simmers is to put the cake into the fridge. Then manually take it out and again and see if you can then add candles.
    If the issue remains, try placing the cake on different tables and counters, and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps.

It would be good also to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-CL-Can-t-put-candles-on-cake-in-apartments/m-p/5686057#M29838

Thank You so much! That helped a ton :)
  • Options

Hello

Thank You so much! That helped a ton :)

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member
    Don't know if anyone else has had this happen yet. Pregnant Sim went to the hospital and delivered a baby. When she got back to her apartment the baby in the bassinet was behind the wall in the elevator shaft. The baby could not be reached or moved to take care of and was lost to child services. Now the bassinet is stuck behind the wall. It cannot be moved or deleted (even with cheats enabled) as this is not a playable portion of the apartment. I'm afraid to have this Sim get pregnant as there is already a bassinet in the wall and the baby might go there by default. Also afraid to have any of the other Sims in apartments get pregnant as it could easily happen again.
  • Options
    CaspersmoonCaspersmoon Posts: 2 New Member
    After uploading City Living I'm having all sorts of issues! The most annoying one is that certain wallpapers are removing the walls around my windows and doors. Also there is a delay when I'm building walls or dropping objects. Please tell me they are going to fix this?!
  • Options
    Dewin00Dewin00 Posts: 12 New Member
    rmychal21 wrote: »
    Just had GeekCon spawn for the first time, and it happened right on top of the Romance Festival that never ended, as in, the festival ended but the festival "stuff" never went away. All of the items in the festival are on top of each other and it's one big mess! Using Sims 4 on MacBook Pro.

Hello
    Other simmers are having this issue also.
    Wait until the next festival spawns in that area. Then have your sim attend it, and have them stay at the festival when it is ending until all the items disappear.

i have the same issue... but mine is with the flea market.... and its still there even when the spice fest left....
  • Options
    PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    NJSimmer wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone else has had this happen yet. Pregnant Sim went to the hospital and delivered a baby. When she got back to her apartment the baby in the bassinet was behind the wall in the elevator shaft. The baby could not be reached or moved to take care of and was lost to child services. Now the bassinet is stuck behind the wall. It cannot be moved or deleted (even with cheats enabled) as this is not a playable portion of the apartment. I'm afraid to have this Sim get pregnant as there is already a bassinet in the wall and the baby might go there by default. Also afraid to have any of the other Sims in apartments get pregnant as it could easily happen again.
    I think I have the same problem going on. My Sim and her baby moved and when I got to the apartment, the baby was nowhere to be found. When I clicked on her photo, it took me outside the apartment and she wasn't there either. I had moved this family into this apartment before and this never happened. However, that game crashed so I had to do it again and then I ran into this bug. My game has just been so buggy lately. The first day I played, it was fine but when I moved my Sim into the apartment where the "Feng" Family lived, my game will not stop crashing. Even after moving out of there, my game crashes and this has never happened before. I tried playing offline and that still didn't help.
    Sims 3 Wishlist
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited November 2016
    I haven't read through the whole thread, so this may be a repetition.

1. My Sims won't finish their food, even though they are hungry.
    2. My Sims sometimes reset themselves and walk back into the apartment through the neighbour's wall.
    3. Some of the stalls in the Spice Festival end up on the garden tables that are already on the lot, so there is no way for the vendor to use them. (I wanted to buy the snow globe and the t-shirt, but there was no-one working the stall. Instead, it appeared that the vendor was roaming the festival himself.) Like this:
    25303282999_8678f1d076_z.jpg
    30850595391_14f1b6fe30_z.jpg
    30637347110_5ed26cbf6e_z.jpg
    4. General lagging, but I understand this is a common issue.
  • Options

Hello
    Try rolling your save game back to an earlier version, to before your sim gave birth. These links explain how to do that
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1

Then before your sim gives birth, place a bassinet in the apartment.

Whenever your sims are having births when living in apartments, place a bassinet there before the birth.
  • Options
    After uploading City Living I'm having all sorts of issues! The most annoying one is that certain wallpapers are removing the walls around my windows and doors. Also there is a delay when I'm building walls or dropping objects. Please tell me they are going to fix this?!

Hello
    It would be best to post about your issue on this link thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-wallpaper-to-a-room-removes-Objects/m-p/3463421#M557

With the delay when in build mode, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    HarvellHarvell Posts: 14 New Member
    NONE of the new recipes learned from street vendors count towards the "Prepare Food" daily task.
  • Options
    Dewin00 wrote: »
    rmychal21 wrote: »
    Just had GeekCon spawn for the first time, and it happened right on top of the Romance Festival that never ended, as in, the festival ended but the festival "stuff" never went away. All of the items in the festival are on top of each other and it's one big mess! Using Sims 4 on MacBook Pro.

Hello
    Other simmers are having this issue also.
    Wait until the next festival spawns in that area. Then have your sim attend it, and have them stay at the festival when it is ending until all the items disappear.

i have the same issue... but mine is with the flea market.... and its still there even when the spice fest left....

Hello.
    It would be good to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/m-p/5691763#U5691763

Try seeing if having your sim remain at the festival right until the end of the festival next time that it is held in that location helps to remove the items.
  • Options
    Pandypink wrote: »
    I think I have the same problem going on. My Sim and her baby moved and when I got to the apartment, the baby was nowhere to be found. When I clicked on her photo, it took me outside the apartment and she wasn't there either. I had moved this family into this apartment before and this never happened. However, that game crashed so I had to do it again and then I ran into this bug. My game has just been so buggy lately. The first day I played, it was fine but when I moved my Sim into the apartment where the "Feng" Family lived, my game will not stop crashing. Even after moving out of there, my game crashes and this has never happened before. I tried playing offline and that still didn't help.

Hello
    If your game continues to crash, try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the mode helps the issues more than the other.
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.

If you still have issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Simmers have also been finding that their tray folder ( which holds the files of the sims and households that they have in their library ) has been causing issues.Try moving your tray folder to the desktop , then test to see if the issues remain. Don't delete the tray folder though, because the tray folder contains all the sims and builds that you have saved to your library
  • Options
    belpita wrote: »
    I haven't read through the whole thread, so this may be a repetition.

1. My Sims won't finish their food, even though they are hungry.
    2. My Sims sometimes reset themselves and walk back into the apartment through the neighbour's wall.
    3. Some of the stalls in the Spice Festival end up on the garden tables that are already on the lot, so there is no way for the vendor to use them. (I wanted to buy the snow globe and the t-shirt, but there was no-one working the stall. Instead, it appeared that the vendor was roaming the festival himself.) Like this:
    25303282999_8678f1d076_z.jpg
    30850595391_14f1b6fe30_z.jpg
    30637347110_5ed26cbf6e_z.jpg
    4. General lagging, but I understand this is a common issue.

Hello
    With your third issue, it would be good to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/m-p/5691763#U5691763

With the first two issues, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    Harvell wrote: »
    NONE of the new recipes learned from street vendors count towards the "Prepare Food" daily task.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try testing in a fresh new save game file and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    PandypinkPandypink Posts: 165 Member
    Thanks @rosemow ! I already had to change back to the 64 bit version as mine had previously reverted to the 32 bit but I will try the other options :)
    Sims 3 Wishlist
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Pandypink wrote: »
    Thanks @rosemow ! I already had to change back to the 64 bit version as mine had previously reverted to the 32 bit but I will try the other options :)

Hello :)
    I hope that it helps your issues. If the crashing continues, it would be good to post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to http://pastebin.com

Then post the link to the file here.
  • Options
    HarvellHarvell Posts: 14 New Member
    Harvell wrote: »

Hello

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try testing in a fresh new save game file and see if the issues remain.

I ran the repair, moved my Sims 4 folder to the desktop, and started a completely fresh game. 5 batches of burritos later, I still haven't advanced past "Just started".
  • Options
    saskut0saskut0 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm also having issues with time skipping back about an hour whenever I go from the fastest speed to a slower one =/
  • Options
    saskut0 wrote: »
    I'm also having issues with time skipping back about an hour whenever I go from the fastest speed to a slower one =/

Hello
    I am sorry that you also are having this issue.
    Try seeing if pressing pause, then waiting a few seconds, then pressing the normal speed helps, when coming from fast speed to slower speed. It may not help, but try seeing if it may help.