Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons??

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Seasons is one of my favorite packs in the franchise, but I have serious reservations about how I think they will be implemented.

Each world (especially the two bg worlds) rely heavily on special effects to give them their look and feel. They've been pretty adamant recently that they can't alter existing worlds. With the large scale use of deco content, and special effects, they no doubt would have to edit every world. They've said there is nothing "prohibiting" their ability to add seasons, but that doesn't mean they will choose to implement them in the form we all want and expect. Apartments are a very fine example of this.

So agree with you...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
  • Options
    spotharrisspotharris Posts: 112 Member
    I really want seasons, however they often speak about how current worlds can't be edited and all that.. so will they even be able to create seasons for all worlds or is it all in one world again. Since we can't build apartments in the others aswell.

There are mods that edit every texture/plant/objects for existing worlds and their neighborhoods and make it fall/winter themed.

So I am sure they could create a rotational system that does that.

• Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    I want Seasons and pets, both have always been my favorite EPs.
  • Options
    phanisixx777phanisixx777 Posts: 38 Member
    seasons and pets most come soon! i dont care if we dont get horses
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    seasons and pets most come soon! i dont care if we dont get horses

I WANT horses :P
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I love Seasons ! I hope we'll be able to customize the seasons per world, and choose the daylight time ! Daylight being shorter in winter and longer in summer is an essential part of seasons for me.

I know right! Where I live, we have about three hours of daylight in winter (but northern lights!) and almost no darkness at all during the summer. I know this is extreme compared to how most people experience seasons, but being able to customize it in the game would be a dream come true!

I would love to be able to adjust daylight-hours for each world in each save because it adds so much to the setting.

Have you watched a scary movie during daytime. It feels scarier when it is dark outside. You could have one save in which each world had 6 hrs less sun, or more. Then a greater part of the day is darker, lighting feels even more important. You decorate your houses and gardens with lights to combat the darkness. Or perhaps not if you want it a little bit more scary.

On the other side of it. Those long long summer days you just don't want to sleep. It is like you get so much more energy just from that sun.

You can have the saves play out in the same worlds but it really feels different when it is mostly dark outside or mostly light. It would be fun to vary the would and light to suit each story.